• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Driving Social — Drivatars, 1000 player clubs, instant multiplayer

flashmouth

Neo Member
Seeing them cruise around the town a lot in the Gamescom preview video, I hope they're big enough for some PGR-like city only races, that would be absolutely amazing.
Also did Ralph Fulton say 700 events in the final game? Gee, that's a lot.

Leyasu

Banned
This game looks amazing, I can't believe that this thread has only 5 pages!!!

Day one download for sure

igRDAd4Wi7kfv.gif

iCkgNAKWDk9h2.gif

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
^ delicious

btw do we have a picture of the map? No one at the Gamescom tried to open the map view? I want to see the imagine yo

JetJetJaguar

Neo Member
All of this is good news as Forza has long been my best "catch up with distant friends" game night option. I like the drivatars concept. It adds spice to Forza 5. This will also fix some frustration I have with some Forza cars that just never feel right in a track racing environment.

Looking forward!

shinnn

Are PG using Forza 5 car samples?

Although they sound similar in gameplay, the trailers sound better than F5's to my ears, deeper and throatier.

Sounds the same to me in the gameplay vid without music.

Comparing the Gamescom video vs E3, I think they improved the AA too. Hard to find any jaggies. They toned down the popup too.

I'm guessing they are using the kinectless extra GPU resources.

HonestBackGermanpinscher.gif

When does the preorder through the console go live? I got an email saying I have 25$ of my promotional credit ending on September 9th. So I need to use it by then.

Bessy67

Comparing the Gamescom video vs E3, I think they improved the AA too. Hard to find any jaggies. They toned down the popup too.

No, they're definitely using kinect. You can see the icon for it in the bottom left.

saladine1

Are PG using Forza 5 car samples?

Although they sound similar in gameplay, the trailers sound better than F5's to my ears, deeper and throatier.

They are using FM5's samples as it was with Horizon and FM4.

If there are any differences between the two games, it would probably be the mixing. The volume levels for one, are much better than the first game..

I've not noticed it, toned down?

Watch the Huracan cockpit footage here, about 27 mins in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpbkwBbY4M

Looks toned down from FM5 but it's there.

They are using FM5's samples as it was with Horizon and FM4.

If there are any differences between the two games, it would probably be the mixing. The volume levels for one, are much better than the first game..

It's quite cool to see two companies take on the same assets.

Kampfheld

Banned
So devs can take advantage of the extra 10% and still implement voice commands if they want? Cool, I didn't know that.

Yes. The system level voice commands also still work on games that use the reservation. There isn't really a huge differene there.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

that looks like only a small portion of the map. based on this it seems like the actual game world is significantly bigger than the first game. i was a little concerned after they kept stressing the "driving area" (including offroad) was 3x as large at e3.

Comparison between the E3 and Gamescom builds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrn_r-PlrYg#t=38

better shadows on the cars and less pop in. the other "improvements" may just be due to the slightly different time of day... hard to tell. i'm sad the floor demo was the same race.

that destruction!

Watch the Huracan cockpit footage here, about 27 mins in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpbkwBbY4M

Looks toned down from FM5 but it's there.

It's quite cool to see two companies take on the same assets.

this will be highly dependent on position of the sun

Its more pronounced in the Stringray at 21:58. You can actually see the hands. In the Huracan it is mostly the dashboard.
Just like in FM5 its depends on the car, the sun position, climate, etc.

yeah this.

That would be a shame. The Dudebro nonsense was the only thing that I didn't like in the first game. It was supposed to be about a festival and a car community but all the characters were insufferable cocks to each other. Want to bet we have an Italian driver this time with the same dumb attitude as the Francesco from Cars 2.

QuikNez

This game looks stunning and fun to play... MSFT is slowly luring me back - I'm still trying to fight it... Getting weaker...

Bgamer90

Banned
That would be a shame. The Dudebro nonsense was the only thing that I didn't like in the first game. It was supposed to be about a festival and a car community but all the characters were insufferable cocks to each other. Want to bet we have an Italian driver this time with the same dumb attitude as the Francesco from Cars 2.

There isn't a story in Forza Horizon 2.

arhra

There isn't a story in Forza Horizon 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpbkwBbY4M&feature=player_detailpage#t=2173

Seems to confirm that there'll be a storyline and rival characters, at least to some extent (and that events will still be gated by wristbands).

Although it's definitely somewhat different to the original. The forzamotorsport.net writeup has some details about how it's going to work:

In Solo play, the game structure takes you on an epic road trip through Southern Europe. You’ll leave the Horizon Festival in the car of your choice, road trip to a destination and compete in a Championship there. When the Championship is complete, you’ll pick a new car, and the Road Trip moves on to the next destination. You’re always moving around the world and discovering new places, and you’re always selecting new cars to get you there. Your goal is to win enough Championships to qualify for the Horizon Finale, where you’ll bid to become the Horizon Champion in a spectacular endurance race. Where becoming Champion was the end of the original Horizon game, here it’s just the beginning. Once you’re the Champion, you’ll be placed in charge of the Road Trip, and it’s up to you where it goes next.

sCHOCOLATE

All PG need to do is make a deal with Sega for some Crazy Taxi-inspired DLC. Either of the four Crazy Taxi cars would fit into this GIF snippet perfectly.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
All PG need to do is make a deal with Sega for some Crazy Taxi-inspired DLC. Either of the four Crazy Taxi cars would fit into this GIF snippet perfectly.

thats a great idea and would be a blast. also, no need to pay sega, just rip it off. pay the offspring and bad religion for music rights though!

Top Bottom