• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

GlamFM

Banned
I've been really debating...should I get it digitally so I can play on my PC, or do I get it physically so I can play it on XBONE and get the steelcase...fuck.

No debate really.

Go digital and get an extra version FOR FREE.
(You know that, right?)

Go physical and get some extra plastic garbage.

RAIDEN1

What is a bit frustrating is that the demo doesn't allow you to continue where you left off- so once you've had one session and quit the game, you have to go through it all again, (albeit not a bad thing I guess) instead of just going straight into "explore" mode..

01Z2UVX.gif

thefro

The demo's fantastic. Amazing setting. Love all the little effects, grass moving, going through pools of water, etc.

Game feels better/smoother/more polished than FH2

My only complaint (from the reported soundtrack) is the two rock/indie stations aren't as good as Horizon XS, but the Block Party station is amazing. Haven't listened to everything yet.

Also the voice acting work once
you pick your name is extremely well done. It feels like a natural sentence when they mention you by name instead of "Hi, (insert-Name), welcome to the Horizon Festival!"
That's a really cool piece of immersion.

jfoul

Just downloaded the demo on Xbox one. I can't start the game after launching it. I'm pressing A to start and it doesn't recognize the button press. It just keeps popping the intro.

shandy706

The Horizon 3 equivalent of walking down the street avoiding the cracks between pavement stones...Nice :)

Hey Helios. My daughter loves the series. She's excited she gets a female avatar too, but no version of her name is in the game.

Her name is India. Any chance of that or her nickname "Indi" could make it in at some point??

Lego Boss

The demo's fantastic. Amazing setting. Love all the little effects, grass moving, going through pools of water, etc.

Game feels better/smoother/more polished than FH2

My only complaint (from the reported soundtrack) is the two rock/indie stations aren't as good as Horizon XS, but the Block Party station is amazing. Haven't listened to everything yet.

Also the voice acting work once
you pick your name is extremely well done. It feels like a natural sentence when they mention you by name instead of "Hi, (insert-Name), welcome to the Horizon Festival!"
That's a really cool piece of immersion.

The Dirt series was doing the spoiler stuff last gen. Agreed, Very clever though.

I love Playground games. I want to hug everyone of them that works there. The love and attention to detail in this game is just...wow. The demo itself...wow. Just everything....

I am so glad I have the Ultimate ready to go, have had it ordered for over a month now. I will play the hell out of it on the One then when I get the rest of the parts for my PC I will replay it again on there.

Ok done with my little gush

rjcc

There's more content in the demo than some full driving games I've played (3/4 of the NFS series, I'm looking at you)

skyfinch

Cananda would be easy. They only have to model one Tim Hortons buidling then duplicated 200,000 times to make a city block.

I'd love to see a condensed Washington state, something like having Seattle as a main hub but surrounding it with mountains and the amazing roads that come with that.

Canada, South Africa or Asia/Tokyo next.

I was feeling like it had to be Tokyo, earlier. Dense, exciting urban area on one end. Snowy Mt Fuji hill climbs on the other. Sprawling grasslands between. Just perfect.

But then I started thinking Tokyo really isn't Horizon's thing. First off, it's probably asking too much for them to create a huge detailed urban area and an enormous rural one. Second, Tokyo would be weird without a ton of traffic, and wouldn't feel right.

Maybe the move is to situate it as "Tokyo has blocked off ten square miles of the city for a week for the Horizon festival!" Then they wouldn't have to build out quite so much of the city, and the artificial boundaries could be literally artificial boundaries outside of which there is a richly dense metropolis.

terrible

Banned
Someone mentioned something like this with a pretty easy fix but I can't remember what it was.

You can change the degrees of rotation to 540 or lower to bring some feel to the wheel but then you have an excessively twitchy wheel. The only good fix is to switch to a controller.

Maybe it's just me but I don't really like snark in the titles.

I thought a good one would be another comment from one of the threads:

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| I thought there'd be an invisible wall

It sums up the nature of the game perfectly IMO.

To be fair that is more appropriate for FH2.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| Playground turns the racing genre upside down

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| An upside down playground

Something like that, it has to have reference to Australia surely.

Top Bottom