• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 - Hotwheels Expansion

They should make a Brio simulator, too.

maxresdefault.jpg

Speely

Banned
I don't really love racing games (I enjoy them alright, but I never play for long) but this looks and sounds fucking awesome.

I'm amazed a FH3 thread is drumming up this much excitement

If these planned Windows 10 updates make a stable 60fps possible, Playground will be the great of all greats in my book.

purg3

slept with Malkin
best racing game gets better. This looks incredible. I didn't know I wanted this until I saw it in motion lol.

Say what you will about the Halo/Forza/Gears trinity and the yearly Forza releases, but Turn 10 and Playground are consistently knocking it out of the park, especially Playground.
I didn't even play with Hot Wheels as a kid, but this fixes some of what's been missing in racing titles this gen.

Playground keeps putting a smile on my face, love those guys!

I want this, it looks cool.

But I gotta remind myself that I don't know how to play Forza Horizon 3, I'm bad at racing games except Mario Kart and drifting is too complicated for me to master.

statham

I will never delete the 3 Horizon's games off my HD, I recently went back to FH1, though BC, and that game is still fun as hell. This just helps, watched the trailer 4 times now. just amazing. This is how DLC /expansion should be done. Bravo Playground!

Looks really cool. Growing up my neighbor was obsessed with Hot Wheels and has or had quite the collection. Looking forward to this, FH3 is a great racer and I haven't put nearly enough time in it as I should have.

I'm amazed a FH3 thread is drumming up this much excitement

I'm not, to be honest. The game is amazing, got astonishing (deserved) reviews so Playground should be proud of it. Even people that did not like racing games got hooked when they tried it.

The only bad mark is the PC port but that's, unfortunately, a tiny drop in the ocean of good news that is the game.

Makki

The cartoony look of Forza games lends itself perfectly to the expansion. I loved the old Hot Wheels games where you went down a ramp and crashed Burnout style. Would be cool if they mixed this with some custom hotwheels that get more dramatic vehicle damage.

We have some significant improvements for Windows 10 players coming at the same time as this new expansion (May 9). These changes include improved new support for numerous popular driving wheels, improved CPU performance, additional graphical options, and more.

We'll be revealing more details about these at the time of release.

warninglowvideomemory_zpskp80sgpl.png

Fix that pop-up man, add a toggle or something idk.

Do you know how fun it is to have that pop up every 2 minutes when the game is running at 60fps almost all the time?

Zushin

Some serious Hotwheels Turbo Racing nostalgia from my childhood coming from this. Definitely have to pick it up at some stage.

Hawk269

surface of the sun, 4k/60 on scorpio would sure be a E3 whammo moment for racing gamers

I think asking for 4k/60 in an open world, dynamic time of day/weather is asking a whole lot. If they can pull off 4k/30fps with improved textures/shadows and I would be really happy. 4k/60fps with everything this game does is just asking WAY too much of Scorpio.

rrs

I think asking for 4k/60 in an open world, dynamic time of day/weather is asking a whole lot. If they can pull off 4k/30fps with improved textures/shadows and I would be really happy. 4k/60fps with everything this game does is just asking WAY too much of Scorpio.
yeah, I'm guessing 4k/30 is the reality unless this PC update magically makes the game's threading very very good

We have some significant improvements for Windows 10 players coming at the same time as this new expansion (May 9). These changes include improved new support for numerous popular driving wheels, improved CPU performance, additional graphical options, and more.

We'll be revealing more details about these at the time of release.
God bless you Helios!

Fredrik

Please buy playground games MS
Nah. This is no worse than Insomniac still not being under Sony's umbrella, and look what happened, we got Sunset Overdrive. :)
From MS perspective it's certainly bold to get an independent studio to make one of the best game series from the first party IP portfolio and risk them getting bought or hired by someone else. But I believe Phil Spencer has said that they rather have great partnerships than buying studios. Maybe they learned something after buying Rare and many of the original people left?

I think it may be asking too much too.

I'm thinking Forza 7 will be 4K@60fps, while FH3 will be updated to 4K@30fps. MAYBE a nice 1080@60fps for FH3 though!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
yeah, I'm guessing 4k/30 is the reality unless this PC update magically makes the game's threading very very good

There was nothing wrong with the performance on the XB1 Jaguar. It was just fucked on even faster intel CPUs. I dont expect the windows improvements to mean anything for Scorpio as there was nothing really to improve around performance on console

I also don't expect 4k/60 as the original game was 1080p/30. 4k is already 4c the number of pixels per second. 4k/60 would be 8x which is unrealistic. It'd also have a significant extra load on the CPU and if they've tuned for 30fps there won't be the headroom to increase that much

eso76

surface of the sun, 4k/60 on scorpio would sure be a E3 whammo moment for racing gamers

Games that are 1080p/30 will be 4k/30 or optional 1080/60 in some cases.
4x the pixels AND 2x the FPS isn't happening, it's either one or the other. We can hope we're given the choice

Top Bottom