• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 - Hotwheels Expansion

eso76

This was unexpected.
I mean, not Night Trap remaster unexpected but this is a weird year in gaming.
Weird and awesome.

Guys... I just had a thought...

zu6408075_alt_2_tm1386269070.jpg

Glow In The Dark Tracks... Please be in! Would make for an amazing neon experience at night!

Though I do love how the tracks look like they have built in lights at night. Looks really good but still. Glow In The Mother Flipping Dark yo! Hope they are at least an option for sections of the tracks.

Makes me wish modding was possible on the PC version. Maybe you could turn the moon into a black light?

jond76

Banned
I paid for the ultimate edition. Is this included?

Also, I had/sold the game on Xbox one when I sold my console. If I buy a CD key for the PC version, will I be able to access the save on gamertag ?

Are these expansions ( this and Blizzard mountain ) available on PC ?

You won't have to re-buy it, its a play anywhere title.

Tunned

So am I the only one who is pissed off I already paid for this crap with the expansion pass? Wtf Playground, I don't like Trackmania, I don't like the look of this :/

Only positive thing here are some "new cars", and what they claim to be improved PC performance.

Hux1ey

Banned
So am I the only one who is pissed off I already paid for this crap with the expansion pass? Wtf Playground, I don't like Trackmania, I don't like the look of this :/

Only positive thing here are some "new cars", and what they claim to be improved PC performance.

Well you took that risk buying the pass before knowing that the expansion was right?

killroy87

I think you're the only one pissed off, yes.

jelly

Glow In The Dark Tracks... Please be in! Would make for an amazing neon experience at night!

Though I do love how the tracks look like they have built in lights at night. Looks really good but still. Glow In The Mother Flipping Dark yo! Hope they are at least an option for sections of the tracks.

Makes me wish modding was possible on the PC version. Maybe you could turn the moon into a black light?

That would be awesome.

82a1f3a9cf521e788e714bbea014e9ee.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
We have some significant improvements for Windows 10 players coming at the same time as this new expansion (May 9). These changes include improved new support for numerous popular driving wheels, improved CPU performance, additional graphical options, and more.

We'll be revealing more details about these at the time of release.

I'm reading this as frontloading for the scorpio version. Hot/cold?

Maybe someone should sit you down and explain caveat emptor. If you are going be a grump about what you spent your money on, which is totally fair, maybe don't spend it on something sight unseen.

In this case, the reception has been absolutely positive so far. So, I think it is just you.

Gestault

To each their own, but I couldn't relate to your reaction any less than I do. Particularly in a situation where you bought-in blind for the content. What would you have preferred over something like this? This seems pretty well dead-nuts for the Horizon series, in tone.

I do hope you you have fun with it in the end, and if it makes you feel any better, Trackmania plays nothing like the Horizon games.

vermadas

We have some significant improvements for Windows 10 players coming at the same time as this new expansion (May 9). These changes include improved new support for numerous popular driving wheels, improved CPU performance, additional graphical options, and more.

Assuming perf is improved enough, I'll beg for VR support again.

Falchion

I'm playing Blizzard Mountain right now, I love any excuse to jump back into this game since it's my favorite racer of the generation.

El Txou

This looks amazing! So surprised and now glad that they took this completely unexpected route, I didn't even know I wanted this!

Looking through the thread, it does appear that you are the only one who hates fun.

A MIGHTY NEED

taoofjord

Holy shit. I literally got into collecting Hot Wheels two weeks ago and a Forza Horizon is my all time favorite racing series. So hyped.

Turn 10 just made a sale. I don't have this game and I'm not a fan of the Horizon series generally (although I love the mainline Forzas), but I will buy this just for my 6 year old son to play.

Justinh

When I saw "Hot Wheels" expansion, I just kinda ignored it and didn't even look at it. I expected it to just be some branded cars or something.

I finally watched the trailer and holy crap this looks pretty freaking awesome!

When I saw "Hot Wheels" expansion, I just kinda ignored it and didn't even look at it. I expected it to just be some branded cars or something.

I finally watched the trailer and holy crap this looks pretty freaking awesome!

I was the opposite, saw the pictures in the OP and got super excited but then watched the trailer and kind of lost interest.

Dinjoralo

For a second, I thought there were going to be Forza branded hot wheels. This is much more exciting.

If I catch wind of that Windows 10 patch actually improving the performance, I'll definitely have this on my wish list... For when it goes on sale. :p

meppi

Well this is fucking nuts!

More games should be like this. No reason, no realism, just go crazy and make something simply fun for a change.

OMG thank you so much! This is one of my favorite and most played games, I'm really happy to hear about the improvements coming to the PC version!

taoofjord

For a second, I thought there were going to be Forza branded hot wheels. This is much more exciting.

If I catch wind of that Windows 10 patch actually improving the performance, I'll definitely have this on my wish list... For when it goes on sale. :p

Pretty sure we have those too!

Top Bottom