• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Fox Mulder

So I'm really into this game at the moment, it seems!
I've done most of the singleplayer content, and I'm trying to buy as many HE cars as I can.

While playing FH3 I've been reading up on it and I've apparently missed out on some things.
The big ones are 2 barn finds. I know I can buy the cars from the auction house, but I'd like to -do- the barn finds, as well.
There's also smaller stuff like the horns (meh) and some other car giveaways (which I assume I can buy from auction house).

Is there any word on the chances of these barn finds coming back?

Also, what are FH and FH2 like, are they worth picking up, and do they similarly suffer the fate of content that was released for a limited time and is no longer available?

They've redone some forzathon cars, but I'm sure that won't happen for everything. The games have had unicorn cars since forza 2, rare stuff you can only buy from turn 10 auctions or earn in the game during specific windows. There was a Forza 6 car that maybe 100 people got because the time to beat on a track was so good.

There's still hundreds of cars in the games, missing out on a few isn't that big of a deal.

So I'm really into this game at the moment, it seems!
I've done most of the singleplayer content, and I'm trying to buy as many HE cars as I can.

While playing FH3 I've been reading up on it and I've apparently missed out on some things.
The big ones are 2 barn finds. I know I can buy the cars from the auction house, but I'd like to -do- the barn finds, as well.
There's also smaller stuff like the horns (meh) and some other car giveaways (which I assume I can buy from auction house).

Is there any word on the chances of these barn finds coming back?

Also, what are FH and FH2 like, are they worth picking up, and do they similarly suffer the fate of content that was released for a limited time and is no longer available?
After FH3 I don't really feel like playing FH2 any more, but FH1 is definitely worth playing if you haven't. Sadly it is no longer available digitally, so even if you buy it physical, you will not have access to DLC content like the excellent rally DLC.

Fox Mulder

After FH3 I don't really feel like playing FH2 any more, but FH1 is definitely worth playing if you haven't. Sadly it is no longer available digitally, so even if you buy it physical, you will not have access to DLC content like the excellent rally DLC.

You can still buy the game digitally on cdkeys and GameStop has the rally dlc.

Least100Seraphs

Neo Member
Thanks for the info guys. That's... well, rather disappointing, to be honest. I hope that the #forzathon barn finds make a comeback, and I guess I won't be picking up FH or FH2.

LoveCake

My 599XX was bided up to CR-320,000 the other day and the Viper HE and XJ220 both sold just now for CR-200,000 each, so with the Friday bonus that's CR-1m this weekend without doing anything other than a couple of championships on the Hot Wheels tracks.

With peoples garages filling up, why give away these HE cars when they are going for the minimum amount in the auction house all the time?

Fox Mulder

My 599XX was bided up to CR-320,000 the other day and the Viper HE and XJ220 both sold just now for CR-200,000 each, so with the Friday bonus that's CR-1m this weekend without doing anything other than a couple of championships on the Hot Wheels tracks.

With peoples garages filling up, why give away these HE cars when they are going for the minimum amount in the auction house all the time?

Some people just don't want everything and want some credits. My brother in law recently got the game and sold his HE cars. I said here fam, have 10 million credits.

I only use maybe two HE cars out of the bunch.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Since a few of you were mentioning the older games in the franchise, is it possible to get Forza Horizon 2 digitally for Xbox One for around $20-$30? I know I missed out on it a month ago on Xbox Live and the only place I have seen it for under $20 is another site that's three characters with a number in the middle and I think it's banned here. Worse part is that I don't know if the code on that site that people are selling are for the Xbox 360 or the Xbox One version. I obviously want the Xbox One version. Thanks for any help. Appreciate it.

rrs

somehow missed that more cars got leaked in the last update including some real fun stuff like the Peugeot 405 T16, more small sports cars, and the hoonigan stuff.
I like R class in Forza Motorsports. You get GT cars, can am, track day cars, and Nascar.
I like A/B class myself, S1 is close, while S2 is 1500HP nightmares and bad drivers. I'd be a fan of the R class if it came to FH3 as it would be wild grip on cars with not too much power to use.
What's the best way to earn credits? My lifetime earnings are around 2 million, and a Bugatti would cost me all of that.
get the perk that doubles money, a HE cash bonus car, and do the really really big circuit two laps

daninthemix

somehow missed that more cars got leaked in the last update including some real fun stuff like the Peugeot 405 T16, more small sports cars, and the hoonigan stuff.
I like A/B class myself, S1 is close, while S2 is 1500HP nightmares and bad drivers. I'd be a fan of the R class if it came to FH3 as it would be wild grip on cars with not too much power to use.
get the perk that doubles money, a HE cash bonus car, and do the really really big circuit two laps

So I have an HE car, but that perk says it only works on the next race you do after unlocking it? Or am I misunderstanding?

LoveCake

What's the best way to earn credits? My lifetime earnings are around 2 million, and a Bugatti would cost me all of that.

Just keep playing and the credits will come, also from wheel-spins and selling cars especially the HE cars that you don't want.

If you are after some credits and have a HE car (you can pick them up cheap) and you let people here know a kind GAF member may buy it out at the CR-5m.

zorbsie

If you have a HE car, put it up in the auction house and make the buyout 5 million. Let me know when it's up and I'll buy it. That should give you some options. :)

KRaZyAmmo

I'm running it at 1080p atm. I wanna get the image quality up. I don't have anything great tho. Just a 1440p 60hertz monitor. I'm also running a gtx 1060 if that helps.

are you using forza rewards every week? depending on how many games you have played, gamerscore, cars owned, etc you can rack up 200-300k credits/week for doing nothing than logging into a website every friday. I've gotten 10m+ credits alone from that just as time passes
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-US

daninthemix

Windows key + G then click on the camera button. Will create a PNG file for you under capture in your documents folder.

Let me know what your gamertag is and I'll buy it up now.

EDIT: Found it. Enjoy the credits. :)

What a gentleman :eek:)

EDIT: which of the crazy expensive cars are actually worth it? (e.g. the 4.5 million Lamborghini)

daninthemix

If you ever need more, I'll also be willing to help out. I'm sitting on 47 million with nothing to spend it on besides just tuning cars.

I won't say no. To actually buy all the cars I care about is going to cost me 20 million. I do still have a ton of championships to race though, but the payouts are so poor. They throw fans at you but credits are dispensed much more sparingly.

LoveCake

If you ever need more, I'll also be willing to help out. I'm sitting on 47 million with nothing to spend it on besides just tuning cars.

I don't have that much but I would be happy and willing to buy some cars out from GAF members that need extra funds, I may not be able to stretch to CR-5m though.

The key really is to just keep playing and not buy cars on a whim or that you don't actually need, just save the money up, use one car for Blizzard Mountain for example, I used the Brat HE for every race and championship, the money does come in eventually and I admit the free CR-450,000 I get gifted every Friday mounts up, there is a number of cars I want like the 250 GTO and 250 California which I have the money for, but I wouldn't use them for anything really other than to cruse about in, if it was set that you drove in the car you saved the game in last was the one that appeared in friends games then maybe but I have just not got them even though I can afford it.

If you want you can buy the DLC car packs yes for real money but to get the cars there for free in the game, or just get the Porsche DLC as you can use the cars in basically every race.

daninthemix

Huh, just noticed this game suffers from GTA syndrome - you buy the rarest, most expensive car around and suddenly you start noticing them on the road. Like, really often...

KRaZyAmmo

Huh, just noticed this game suffers from GTA syndrome - you buy the rarest, most expensive car around and suddenly you start noticing them on the road. Like, really often...

I've been noticing a lot of repeat cars whenever on the road. I think it takes car what class you're in and one previous.

The game takes the class of the car you're currently driving and puts similar cars on the road. This is so when you create a convoy the cars are of a similar spec, and a convoy race will be fair. The same goes for one on one races.

It also makes sense if you think about heading to a race event, other similar cars are heading to the same event.

LoveCake

#Forzathon Howling 3 days to go
Get 3 Stars on a Speed Zone to win the Lykan Hypersport

#Forzathon Lunacy 3 days to go
Complete 3 Danger Signs to earn 55,000 XP AND 200,000 CR

#Forzathon Prowling 3 days to go
Complete a race in the Plymouth Prowler to earn 75,000 XP AND 50,000 CR

#Forzathon Moonglow 3 days to go
Complete a Street Race to win 3 Wheelspins

Montresor

None of the #Forzathon achievements are unlocking for me tonight. Hopefully just XBL issues sigh.

Edit: I stepped away from my Xbox for 10 minutes and heard the achievement "unlock" sounds heheh. So they were just a tad delayed.

Fox Mulder

Just did a 25 lap Goliath to get money for the BRZ HE, damn what a trip. Found some insane rubber banding that I've never seen before though, AI just wouldn't let me go and I was faster in the corners and in the straights.

Almost zero assists, everything off except ABS on and only cosmetic damage.

Can't wait for a 24h Nürburgring endurance on FM7.

I did the max Goliath race and was god awful bored after like 3 hours. I wouldn't recommend anyone do it just because there's been many report of the game crashing while others did it. You can get the same rewards with a bunch of 5 lap races.

Top Bottom