• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Fox Mulder

That's a shame, I love endurance races more than anything since I discovered them ages ago.

I like the endurance races in Forza Mototsports. I was sweating the AI the whole time during the one I did the other night.

I found more fun running Goliath for a top s2 class leaderboard time and XP. The rubber banding AI even on unbeatable sucks really. I hope the Goliath in horizon 4 is huge. Test Drive Unlimited had one that took 40 minutes.

KRaZyAmmo

I like the endurance races in Forza Mototsports. I was sweating the AI the whole time during the one I did the other night.

I found more fun running Goliath for a top s2 class leaderboard time and XP. The rubber banding AI even on unbeatable sucks really. I hope the Goliath in horizon 3 is huge. Test Drive Unlimited had one that took 40 minutes.

FH3 Goliath isn't that huge. S2 at most you can get around 9 minutes - 9:30 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Fox Mulder

FH3 Goliath isn't that huge. S2 at most you can get around 9 minutes - 9:30 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Sorry, I meant horizon 4. I've ran the FH3 goliath countless times chasing a top 50 or so time in S2 class. Memorized the shit out of it. You can get under 9 minutes on the starting lap.

LoveCake

Hmm it says on my [Discovery] tab that I have 7/17 Drift Zones Completed and 6/16 Danger Signs Completed, I have completed them all though, the [General] tab Overall Completion is 97.4% is I have two more cars to photograph (but I cannot find which they are) but I think from the looks of it I have done everything on the main map.

Hmm it says on my [Discovery] tab that I have 7/17 Drift Zones Completed and 6/16 Danger Signs Completed, I have completed them all though, the [General] tab Overall Completion is 97.4% is I have two more cars to photograph (but I cannot find which they are) but I think from the looks of it I have done everything on the main map.

You can check which cars you've yet to photograph by pausing, going to the rightmost tab and selecting "Horizon Promo".

Fox Mulder

I think that's a dumb bug, should get fixed if you redo one drift zone and danger sign.

LoveCake

You can check which cars you've yet to photograph by pausing, going to the rightmost tab and selecting "Horizon Promo".

I tried this, I am sure there used to be a way to select only the cars you have not photographed? I couldn't find this option though.

I have the same problem, here it happened after I bought the expansion, the number of events that I did in that overrode the number of events that I had done before.

Everything 3 stars, obviously.

I have only just noticed it, yes I have three stars on everything as well.

I think that's a dumb bug, should get fixed if you redo one drift zone and danger sign.

On the main map? I will give this a try tomorrow.

Wanted to get a few races in before bedtime but for whatever reason Horizon doesnt want to launch on my PC right now.

Love this game. HATE how finicky UWP can be at times.

Only recently bought this game, loving it. Adore the 2011 Zonda.

Barely touching events right now though. Just driving around - I've driven on 100% of the roads, now looking to do 100% of boards. Between that and Forzathon challenges, I'm occupied.

How does one gain entry to the fabled GAF club? Is there a secret knock or something?

LoveCake

Only recently bought this game, loving it. Adore the 2011 Zonda.

Barely touching events right now though. Just driving around - I've driven on 100% of the roads, now looking to do 100% of boards. Between that and Forzathon challenges, I'm occupied.

How does one gain entry to the fabled GAF club? Is there a secret knock or something?

Anyone is welcome, PM zorbsie and he will sort it as he needs info to put you on the list.

zorbsie

Thanks for pointing people in the right direction B1G_A1AN.

The game has been on sale recently and there are new folks around so I'll post this here for all the new people. There is lots of room in the GAF club. Joining is simple enough. After you unlock clubs in game (happens around the 3rd festival opening.) search for GAF and request to join. Then send me a PM and I'll hop on and accept the request.

There is also a google doc with people in the club. Feel free to add yourself to the list. We use this list to thin out the club. Don't worry though, we haven't had to kick people in months. :) To see the link quote this post. Going forward this list will be used for future Forza games.

Back to the game, kind of wish we had old F1 cars in FH3. I'm sure they would break the game but think of the sick jumps you could do!

LoveCake

Thanks for pointing people in the right direction B1G_A1AN.

No problem, I couldn't find the doc to post as I have had browser issues and lost all my bookmarks/favs

I have been trying the drift-zones and danger signs and mine are still stuck on 7/17 and 6/16.

Also the Promo photos it says my progress is 528/530 and I have checked each car and all the ones I have on the list scrolling across the screen are captured.

idk what's going on with it, is this going to stop me from getting 100%?

Why don't Playground sort this out, the X1 is a closed system :mad:

xrnzaaas

I know it's a little offtopic, but I had to share this. Forza 7 Comic-Con stream is probably the worst I've seen in a long time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OQ5N6Qxr0s

- Celebs that can't play even with assists on - check
- Celebs lying that they play video games in real life - check (last RPG that one dude played was Assassin's Creed XD)
- Bad jokes and an awful female presenter - check
- Major Nelson not even trying to salvage the situation - check

zorbsie

I know it's a little offtopic, but I had to share this. Forza 7 Comic-Con stream is probably the worst I've seen in a long time:

- Celebs lying that they play video games in real life - check (last RPG that one dude played was Assassin's Creed XD)

That's a real bummer. Watched 2 minutes of the crackdown stream yesterday and it was the same. Terrible way to show the game. I'd rather they just don't show it.

That's a real bummer. Watched 2 minutes of the crackdown stream yesterday and it was the same. Terrible way to show the game. I'd rather they just don't show it.

I agree and I don't understand. They KNOW these people can't play these games and they have to realize that makes their games look shitty, right? None of this is a way to sell a game.

Seriously, who the fuck buys a game just because some B-Lister plays it? Nobody, that's idiotic.

ParityBit

So I just started the game (love it so far) but I am curious about selling stuff. I am in the starting area and have some greens and blues. I have 17/20 slots taken. Should I sell those resources that say "Trading with Merchants Selling For Metal Shards" ?

Noobcraft

So I just started the game (love it so far) but I am curious about selling stuff. I am in the starting area and have some greens and blues. I have 17/20 slots taken. Should I sell those resources that say "Trading with Merchants Selling For Metal Shards" ?
Definitely.

kevin1025

Banned

The same thing happened to Crackdown 3, but much worse. One lady couldn't even control the sticks and fire for a good chunk of it.

KRaZyAmmo

Horizon 3 FB page said:
Beginning on August 1, Forza Horizon 3 and FINAL FANTASY XV players will be able to download and enjoy the Regalia in Forza Horizon 3 for free. The Regalia will be made available to everyone who has played Forza Horizon 3 (on Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Windows 10 PCs) and/or FINAL FANTASY XV (on Xbox One or Xbox One S) by August 1, 2017. For Forza Horizon 3 players, the Regalia will be sent to all players and will be redeemable through the in-game messaging system. FINAL FANTASY XV players will receive a code to redeem the Regalia in Forza Horizon 3 via the Xbox Live messaging system beginning on August 1.

I guess everyone is getting one?

rrs

I need to make some FF stickers to slap on this thing ahahahhaha
It's a joke they keep showing convertible roofs when you can't do it in game. Test drive unlimited 2 did in 2011 before the first Horizon came out.
TDU2 may of had questionable controls at times but never has a game really make me feel like starting from nothing to rich as all hell as it did. Shame there'll never be another one.

Fox Mulder

I need to make some FF stickers to slap on this thing ahahahhaha
TDU2 may of had questionable controls at times but never has a game really make me feel like starting from nothing to rich as all hell as it did. Shame there'll never be another one.

It was better than horizon in every way really apart from the actual racing. The whole game is like forza vista mode.

I think some random company is making a TDU3 actually.

KRaZyAmmo

88a9894b-bcbe-4f03-a083-36f4e11c8c65.jpg

The #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR RETURNS! You can get the GTR R35 HE and #6 Penske Sunoco T70 Lola, and Sesto Elemento. There is also a first time ever VIP event.

Montresor

When are they going to stop #Forzathon?

I'm kind of ready for it to end. This game is my game of the gen easily, and I've really enjoyed booting it up once or twice a week for the past couple of months.

I kind of want to uninstall the game though. *shrug*

Will the keep doing #Forzathon even when Motorsport 7 is released?

88a9894b-bcbe-4f03-a083-36f4e11c8c65.jpg

The #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR RETURNS! You can get the GTR R35 HE and #6 Penske Sunoco T70 Lola, and Sesto Elemento. There is also a first time ever VIP event.

Oh fucking hell, they delayed the Flying Lizard precisely to the weekend I'm away and can't play. Pretty sure it's gonna be another unicorn car too.

I'm kind of ready for it to end. This game is my game of the gen easily, and I've really enjoyed booting it up once or twice a week for the past couple of months.

I've only recently bought the game, and others are the same. You don't need to complete every event.

xrnzaaas

Hard to say. Normally they should switch all of their attention to Forza 7, but the Horizon series has become equally (if not more) popular so they may overlap for a few months.

LoveCake

The longer #Forzathon's go on the better, why would you not want content or something else to do in a game?

Ok some of the rewards car-wise have been lacking recently, I can see it from 'new' players point of view being able to get some of the high priced HE cars for free.

Hopefully some more people will download, use and like my Sesto Elemento designs :)

I hope that the VIP one gives these cars as rewards! :mad:

Bugatti Chiron

Lamborghini Aventador J

Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG 6x6

Mercedes-Benz SLR Stirling Moss

zorbsie

I have not missed a forzathon event yet. Going on a vacation next week. I was hoping they wouldn't have a one day event while I was gone. Looks like I'll be around for all of these. The streak will continue! :)

Montresor

You know what yes, let's keep #Forzathon going as long as possible.

First, it's silly to want it to go away for my own personal quirk/issue. I.E. just because I want to uninstall the game doesn't mean others shouldn't continue to benefit from the rewards #Forzathon gives.

Second, I don't even want to uninstall the game anymore. The game is just too beautiful/awesome.

Every week, I try to mix it up in terms of which location I use for #Forzathon. For some I'm forced to use mainland Australia but I usually prefer the expansion - Blizzard Mountain or Hot Wheels.

I have not missed a forzathon event yet. Going on a vacation next week. I was hoping they wouldn't have a one day event while I was gone. Looks like I'll be around for all of these. The streak will continue! :)

I've missed two one-day-only #Forzathons. :( But I'm okay with that. Been trying to keep up every week.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question -

This is for FH2 and FH3. Are there set requirements in order to "complete" the speed traps and speed zones? Thanks.

LoveCake

Quick question -

This is for FH2 and FH3. Are there set requirements in order to "complete" the speed traps and speed zones? Thanks.

I am not sure what you mean? in order to complete the speed traps you have to hit/beat the target speed, the speed zones you have to hit/beat the target average speed target.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I am not sure what you mean? in order to complete the speed traps you have to hit/beat the target speed, the speed zones you have to hit/beat the target average speed target.

How do you know what the target speed is for each of them? Every time I pass the camera one, it just tells me what my speed was when I passed through as opposed to what the actual target is. Same with the other one. It will tell me what my speed was for the zone but not what the target is. Is it connected to a HUD setting because I have a decent amount of that stuff off so that's the only other thing I can think of unless im just completely missing it.

zorbsie

How do you know what the target speed is for each of them? Every time I pass the camera one, it just tells me what my speed was when I passed through as opposed to what the actual target is. Same with the other one. It will tell me what my speed was for the zone but not what the target is. Is it connected to a HUD setting because I have a decent amount of that stuff off so that's the only other thing I can think of unless im just completely missing it.

If you go to the map and move the cursor over a speed trap/zone it will give you the speeds you need to hit to get 1, 2 and 3 stars. That's how it works in FH3 pretty sure it was like that in FH2, but it's been a long time since I played that one.

LoveCake

On the 'map' tab move the curser over the 'zone' icon and it will show the speed required for each star rating.

Top Bottom