• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

Ask and you shall receive. Thank you Helios!

Maybe I can buy the game now xD

You're scaring me. I bought it on sale and sold my G27, so I got it for "free" but man...xD

You realise the G29 is just the G27 with a new lick of paint right? and I assume you got the shifter too because if not you bought a downgrade.

terrible

Banned
They've even added wheel support to backwards compatible titles surprisingly. My TX works with FH1 on Xbox One. There doesn't seem to be any FFB but there's vibration and everything else works fine.

You realise the G29 is just the G27 with a new lick of paint right? and I assume you got the shifter too because if not you bought a downgrade.

Yes I know. Of course I bought the shifter. It's a little gamble I took on FH3. If it supports the G29, I'll have a single wheel playing all PC and consoles major racing games: Horizon, Forza 7 (?), Driveclub, third party racers, GT Sport, etc.

frontieruk

Just incase people missed this in the Forza 6 / Next gen wheels thread...

Originally Posted by Frontieruk said:
What Steering Wheels will Forza Support?

As far as I know, Forza should support the same range of devices supported by the API. And according to the API documentation, the currently supported list of steering wheels is:

Supported Devices
RacingWheel supports any Xbox One certified or Xbox 360 compatible racing wheel without force feedback support.
Force feedback is supported on the following device models:
Code:
Manufacturer	Model
Logitech	                G25
                                G27
                                G29
                                G920
                                MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster	T300RS
                                T500RS
                                RGT Force Feedback
                                T150
                                TX
                                TMX
Fanatec          	CSR
                                HID-mode for the Xbox One

So, the wait should be over soon!

Looking at Helios' quote there may be more wheels? But these are definately those supported natively under UWP.

Tailzo

I just saw this

Recommended PC Specs
Finally, we know lots of players are preparing to enjoy Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10 PCs and today we’re revealing the recommended specs. Naturally Forza Horizon 3 will require DirectX 12-enabled machines and Windows 10. Here’s the details for the recommended specs:

Recommended
CPU i7 3820 @ 3.6GHz
GPU NVIDIA GTX 970 or NVIDIA GTX 1060
AMD R9 290X or AMD RX 480
VRAM 4GB
RAM 12GB
Hard Drive Type HDD
Available Space 55 GB
Resolution 1920 x 1080
Windows Version Windows Anniversary Edition 64-bit 14393.101

Looks my PC has just a good enough GPU :)

Sequiel

Banned
You will be pleasantly surprised then :) Full list of wheels is being finalised and we'll announce as soon as we can. Hopefully won't be too long now.

I hope there will be support for Fanatec wheels prior to CSR. What are the people that have $600 invested in GT2 and GT3 supposed to do? spend another $600 every few years?

If horizon 3 doenst support g25 of fanatec Porsche s Turbo. I Will not buy it unfortunaly.
And maybe if it only support g25 and bot older fanatec wheels im probably also not getting it. Hate my g25 after i got my fanatec pwts..
Got a new 4gb rx480 Nitro for this game. But No Wheel is No go.

pr0cs

Just incase people missed this in the Forza 6 / Next gen wheels thread...

Looking at Helios' quote there may be more wheels? But these are definately those supported natively under UWP.
Thanks for reposting that.
The list pretty much ensures a purchase on pc if they get the game to work well with the g27.

dLMN8R

Thanks - unfortunately compression was disabled on both drives.

Are we supposed to be able to preload the full 40+ GB on PC right now if things are working as intended? I have ~140kb in the game's "OpusPG" Windows app folder spread across various folders, XML files and images. I wonder if that's actually all we're supposed to be able to download right now and the store just does a poor job of saying "wait until a later date to download the rest"?

A preload is not available yet, I can't say whether or not one will be available before the game releases. The platform does support it though if and when the developer has it ready for release or close.

For the errors, sending a PM to you now.

On the store there are the 3 versions of the game and one more without a price.

Maybe a placeholder for the demo?

fh362kci.jpg

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
On the store there are the 3 versions of the game and one more without a price.

Maybe a placeholder for the demo?

fh362kci.jpg

It's the game alone, it has always been that way on Xbox One, maybe because of preorders I don't know, they sell bundles containing the game, and the standart one only contains the game and nothing else.

What's the difference between the deluxe and ultimate versions?

Seems a bit dumb to do two like that with only ten snots between them.

Im annoyed, the physical version of ultimate edicion cost 135 dollars here in Chile! , its double of the standard edition, normally they used to cost 90 usd, less than 30 usd more than the standard edition.

Its really annoying since the digital cost 100 usd, while I love physical copies its kind of hard to justify 35 usd for the steelbox :(

Castaway

What's the difference between the deluxe and ultimate versions?

Seems a bit dumb to do two like that with only ten snots between them.

Ultimate Edition adds the FH3 car pass on top of everything that comes with Deluxe, which is the first six monthly car packs. 7 cars per pack, or 42 additional cars.

You also get Early Access, which means you can start playing on the 23rd of September instead of the 27th.

Duallusion

That the Blueprint feature will even let you change the route of every event is a game changer for me. Endless replayability!

Ultimate Edition, here I come.

EDIT: AND WE'LL FINALLY GET NEW RIMS!? Halleluyah!

TheKeyPit

Banned
There's drop in drop out campaign co-op, 4 players.

What? You can drive a campaign race with 3 other players? How will this work with the credits rewards, because if you play the campaign alone and finish first you'll probably get more credits than finishing fourth in campaign co-op?

JLck

There's drop in drop out campaign co-op, 4 players.

So, to confirm (sorry, cause it's too good to be true), the normal career campaign will have drop in/drop out co-op?

Will both progress whilst in co-op? I know some other games onily the host actually progresses? Where you're further ahead, I assume you just receive xp as if you were replaying the races.

gossi

So, to confirm (sorry, cause it's too good to be true), the normal career campaign will have drop in/drop out co-op?

Will both progress whilst in co-op? I know some other games onily the host actually progresses? Where you're further ahead, I assume you just receive xp as if you were replaying the races.

Yes. I've no idea how it works, other than when you join a friend you're dropped in via helicopter.

veidi

I believe i read somewhere that the coop carrier races are getting team races.
So alone you have to finish 1st and in coop your team of friends has to finish first.

RawNuts

Details from that digital help manual:
Co-op allows up to four players to play through the campaign together. The leader selects the events, and the other players join them. All races become Team Races by default, the players versus the Drivatars. All events that are available in Horizon Solo are available in Co-op.

I'm excited for 4 player bucket list events.

RawNuts

Yes. I've no idea how it works, other than when you join a friend you're dropped in via helicopter.
The most literal method of doing drop-in Co-op.

Though I don't think it's true, it likely just works like the E3 stage demo, which just means seamless synchronization.

ekim

I still have no idea how the "you are the head of the festival" works.
If I'm the head of the festival, going through all events and winning them seems inappropriate. Or is the driver I'm creating a different entity? Can I build new checkpoints (where I can change my car etc) where I want to? Can I place festival areas on my own? Is there some kind of mini tycoon-style management gameplay involved?

Hexer06

Ugh AR12.

Haha. I agree, but it's just the info I saw on Reddit. Figured it was worth posting over here :p.

If I'm the head of the festival, going through all events and winning them seems inappropriate. Or is the driver I'm creating a different entity? Can I build new checkpoints (where I can change my car etc) where I want to? Can I place festival areas on my own? Is there some kind of mini tycoon-style management gameplay involved?

Didn't even think about those, but now I want them in the game lol. I think it's more of just getting to pick the lines of the race, what type of race it is, the weather for that race, the radio stations playing, and what type of cars can be in the race. I'm not sure how deep it goes sadly :/.

veidi

Is it really confirmed that we can change the course with the blueprints?
I thought you can only change the car class, time of day and weather.
Maybe some1 can lookup the Acey Bongo with ralph fulton video from the Xbox On channel, there was a short glimpse of the blueprint section.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

The most literal method of doing drop-in Co-op.

Though I don't think it's true, it likely just works like the E3 stage demo, which just means seamless synchronization.
If you guys are basing it on the E3/Gamescom demo with the helicopter you're probably wrong. That demo is an Event race, that helicopter always drops that jeep just prior to the finish line and only then. Entirely scripted. It's like the trains/planes races of previous games.

ekim

Is it really confirmed that we can change the course with the blueprints?
I thought you can only change the car class, time of day and weather.
Maybe some1 can lookup the Acey Bongo with ralph fulton video from the Xbox On channel, there was a short glimpse of the blueprint section.

With Blueprint, you can take any of the hundreds of pre-created events in Forza Horizon 3 and customize them to your exact specifications. That can include things like changing the route for a particular event, the time of day and weather conditions, the eligible cars, event restrictions, and more. You can even give an event its own name, which is important because you’ll be able to share your event and see the events that all your friends have created automatically populated in your world. Those events will even have custom posters automatically generated based on the event type.

Remember Bucket Lists – those lists of special challenges that every player should try before leaving the Horizon Festival? Blueprint works with them too. Players can use the Bucket List Blueprint to create brand new challenges, using the same tools that the game designers use.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_announce

edit: seems like it's just choosing pre-made routes:

We looked into allowing actual route creation using the entire road network, but it was a colossal undertaking that would have made us cut other really important features. The good news is, these are routes that Playground's designers spent a great deal of time tuning and polishing for fun gameplay, and there are a lot of them to choose from (the final # is still not locked, but there were over 80 of them last time I checked, and remember that you can select multiple times of day and weather scenarios for all of them, too. So there's a lot of options.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...print---customize-each-event.aspx#post_519954

willbsn13

From what I've gathered (from the help document, etc); you'll start the festival in byron bay (bottom of the map) and a bunch of events will unlock in that area. These will be PR Stunts (Drift Zones/Speed Zones etc), Bucket List Events, Festival Events (Exhibitions/ Championships/Showcases). Of these, Festival Events and Bucket List events will be customizable using Horizon blueprint. You can blueprint not just single events but championships as well (which are a series of events). If you don't want to customize your events/bucket lists, you can play events created by your friends (automatically populate your game) or the ones created originally by PG themselves.

Each PR Stunt, Bucket List Event and Festival Event/Championship/Showcase you partake in that area adds to your overall goal of gaining fans. You'll gain fans after every event as well as credits and XP. The more fans you have, the more you'll be able to upgrade the festival and eventually expand the festival. I'm assuming you'll be able to expand to either the Outback, Surfers Paradise and Yarra Valley. Then the process repeats itself until you've expanded to all festival sites and fully upgraded all of them (I assume)

While thats all going on you still have a lot of things in terms of SP progression; The Perks/Skills System, Signing of new radio stations, Street Races and Midnight Battles, Horizon Promo, Barn Finds, and of course all the MP stuff and other smaller things. Not sure how some of this integrates (especially Street Races/Midnight Battles - perhaps like FH1's street racing hubs?)
but one thing is for sure; this game isn't short of content.

Makikou

From what I've gathered (from the help document, etc); you'll start the festival in byron bay (bottom of the map) and a bunch of events will unlock in that area. These will be PR Stunts (Drift Zones/Speed Zones etc), Bucket List Events, Festival Events (Exhibitions/ Championships/Showcases). Of these, Festival Events and Bucket List events will be customizable using Horizon blueprint. You can blueprint not just single events but championships as well (which are a series of events). If you don't want to customize your events/bucket lists, you can play events created by your friends (automatically populate your game) or the ones created originally by PG themselves.

Each PR Stunt, Bucket List Event and Festival Event/Championship/Showcase you partake in that area adds to your overall goal of gaining fans. You'll gain fans after every event as well as credits and XP. The more fans you have, the more you'll be able to upgrade the festival and eventually expand the festival. I'm assuming you'll be able to expand to either the Outback, Surfers Paradise and Yarra Valley. Then the process repeats itself until you've expanded to all festival sites and fully upgraded all of them (I assume)

While thats all going on you still have a lot of things in terms of SP progression; The Perks/Skills System, Signing of new radio stations, Street Races and Midnight Battles, Horizon Promo, Barn Finds, and of course all the MP stuff and other smaller things. Not sure how some of this integrates (especially Street Races/Midnight Battles - perhaps like FH1's street racing hubs?)
but one thing is for sure; this game isn't short of content.

Sounds a bit better than FH2's content delivery imo. I still wish they would restrict it a bit more so you cant clear a game with 1 car.

Do we know PC pricing?

Viewing the game within the PC xbox store gives no mention of any pricing or editions.

On the MS website you've got £50 for a standard edition Xbox One download with PC on top.

I'm sure in the past you can buy PC only? 50 fucking quid is really bad. 40 quid is high for a PC game but 50 is through the roof. I know this is normal for console digital. I just want PC.

I'm willing to splurge £40 on this day 1 but the PC store is still very half arsed. Reminds me of the unifying youtube/google+ mess

XKZb.jpg

Top Bottom