• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 surpasses 1M players in Early Access (100 USD edition purchase or 40 USD pass for Game Pass subs)

kingfey

Banned
Yes. Yes. It’s what I expect the first day youre able to play the game. I’m not impressed.
I doubt you will, since you call yourself a "sony pony".

Its either you are a troll, or you are taking your shit seriously.

Game havent sold any normal premium yet. It took laou2 4 days to get 4m. F5 got 1m before the real launch window.

Honestly kids like you are what makes it hard for people to enjoy either console.

Fredrik

I feel like I have the best car I've ever had, and I'm still very early on. So yeah, you can role play on your own and drive some clunkers but he's right about everything being more immediate.
Well I’m leeching from Gamepass so I can’t complain but in 3 and 4 the beast cars could be very expensive. In 4 they had houses with bonuses so that was a big part of the progression. From what I understand they still have that in 5.

This game is not that sort of game, at all. It's about collecting and enjoying cars and racing them in exciting places. A B rank car can be just as fun to race with as an S+ ranked one. There are legendary Barn Find cars that are low B ranked cars. This game isn't about min maxing and progressing, It's about everything you do being fun an exciting.
I’ve played 3 and 4 a couple hundred hours so I know how the serie is structured, I know it’s fun to just fool around etc but you could never just go buy the best cars from the start. Maybe you exaggerated a bit?
There was the wheelspins though, I’ve never liked how easy it is to get cars that way, they kinda just throw them at you. The barn finds were lots of work though, and worth it, loved the cars and the talks 👌
forza horizon is not a carpg
Idk, unless they’ve changed it now you create a character, go through a story mode, do side activities, level up, find loot, upgrade. CARPG is not a bad summary at all 👍

pasterpl

So we can safely say that ms sold over 1 million copies of premium edition of forza h5 and probably shit loads of standard ones that we will see in numbers starting tomorrow

wa6KJeE.jpg

Early access and already 1m? Amazing work PG. With gamepass, this game will simply explode. My brothers are waiting for it!

Hinedorf

Banned
16gb to go to have it ready for midnight release woo! My only experiences with Forza were through gamepass and I didn't last more than a few hours hoping this one sticks with me.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
At least you can come out of playing forza with better driving knowledge, it’s a publicly respected franchise.

Stuart360

How is this on PC? Reviews on Steam are currently Mixed.
A few technical problems that not everyone is geting. I have had a few little niggles but overall its been working good for me. A lot of PC gamers reporting crashes buit i have had zero crashes so far.
Steam reviews are not great to use as a reference point as a lot of the negative reviews are for stuff like their paticular brand of racing wheel isnt working with the gameetc. I even saw one negative review that said the game was arguably his GOTY but he gave it anegative review because one of the body kits on one of the Nissan cars had too wide skirts compared to reallife, and no i'm not joking. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

ClosBSAS

A few technical problems that not everyone is geting. I have had a few little niggles but overall its been working good for me. A lot of PC gamers reporting crashes buit i have had zero crashes so far.
Steam reviews are not great to use as a reference point as a lot of the negative reviews are for stuff like their paticular brand of racing wheel isnt working with the gameetc. I even saw one negative review that said the game was arguably his GOTY but he gave it anegative review because one of the body kits on one of the Nissan cars had too wide skirts compared to reallife, and no i'm not joking. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
apparently discord is causing a lot of crashes on PC version, so maybe what ubisoft said, its not that far off lmao. either way, my gamepass version with windows store, absolutely zero issues but i dont have discord open.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wheres that poster who predicted on launch day FH5 might only sell $1 million of dollar sales (not units) because the early release sales were already creeping up to a million on the weekend? And in the same post claimed FH5 should compare to Guerrilla's Horizon Zero Dawn in sales and if it doesnt it sucks.

Top Bottom