• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Just filled the popularity meter again, for what, the third time now? Almost entirely through free roam exploration and stunts.

No credit payout this time though. Boo. Still 700K shy of buying that Huayra in the window.

Sorry to bump this thread, but anyone know what the sales figure for this game are?

My friend is telling me this game sold poorly, I don't believe it, it's an awesome game, had to sell a good amount.

Shaneus

VIP Pass available on Xbox Live (800 MSP) with:
- 2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder
- 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
- 2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
- 2012 Pagani Huayra
- 2011 RUF Rt 12 R

Source : http://www.forzamotorsport.fr/news/...izon-disponible-en-telechargement-141398.html
Link : http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...ars-Pack/1f84bcc0-5541-4fb8-bfd3-c50f4d1a662e
I can't remember if that was a pack I had or not. Those cars look familiar (I think). I assume that's whatever the LE was or whatever?

Lima

Just finished the Rally DLC the other day. What a disappointment. It is short as hell and literally uses some of the same tracks from the base game just without the tarmac on the road. There is nothing in this DLC that justifies its 1600 MS Points price. Ah well.

Just finished the Rally DLC the other day. What a disappointment. It is short as hell and literally uses some of the same tracks from the base game just without the tarmac on the road. There is nothing in this DLC that justifies its 1600 MS Points price. Ah well.

I had good fun with it but I agree the price was way too high for what we had, but that rally feel, so good.

shinnn

March Meguiar's Car Pack Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3j_tj_lwPo

jbqdL47VQ8GXMa.jpg

jyodY3cYpUdMK.jpg

jbtDDbTy3TiKdt.jpg

jMFBRRwksM0E5.jpg

j3DW7SWObINuK.jpg

j4D6peRPuisGO.jpg

jpbntILitGn5M.jpg

OH SWEET JESUS AND LORD!!! The fuckin Audi RS4 AVANT!!!!!

Yeah, I am buying this DLC day FUCKIN ONE!!!

I have wanted an RS Avant in a Forza game since I started playing them.

Now PLEASE Jesus release some kind of special pack for F4 that includes some of these Horizon cars....PLEASE!!!!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Glad I am waiting for a sale... speaking of which any word of the Rally DLC going on sale and or any other expansion packs?

zorbsie

Played some more rally in multiplayer last night. This game is so much fun. It's a shame that the online, especially the rally, is dead. I feel like they priced it wrong. On the plus side I finally got the last achievement for this game. Speaking of rally, what are the best cars for rally races? What's everyone using in the different classes. And when building cars for rally what upgrades do you concentrate on.

This game is so much fun. It's a shame that the online, especially the rally, is dead.

I was just going to ask how the online community is doing. I played the shit out of FH for the first few months it was out (mostly online) and burned myself out. I was also disappointed about how fast the online community dwindled - after the first few weeks it just felt dead. I sold the game quite awhile ago, but I noticed it's On Demand now, and I'm kind of itching to play again. For the past month or so my 360 has basically been my Spelunky machine.

Any word/rumors on if there will be a greatest hits version of this game with all the DLC included on disc?

I held out on buying this & each day makes me want to buy the game even more, but I feel I'll be screwed out of not having $50 worth of DLC.

Forza 3 did have a version with the DLC induced, but not Forza 4. I'm wondering how this game will be handled with that.

eggwolio

Any word/rumors on if there will be a greatest hits version of this game with all the DLC included on disc?

I held out on buying this & each day makes me want to buy the game even more, but I feel I'll be screwed out of not having $50 worth of DLC.

Forza 3 did have a version with the DLC induced, but not Forza 4. I'm wondering how this game will be handled with that.

The DLC isn't done yet. The Season Pass gives you new cars until April. Also, Horizon has only been out four months. expecting a greatest hits this soon seems a little unlikely.

Anyone check out the new DLC yet?

The RS4 is just fuckin INCREDIBLE! Plus you can turn it into a pseudo-RS6 with the R8 V10 swap and twin turbos.

V10TT + AWD + Wagon + 900hp = a recipe for massive grins!

I have been wavering back and forth on Forza 4 and Horizon recently and it just occurred to me why Horizon isn't holding my interest like I thought it would. I mean, it is EXACTLY what I wanted. I wanted all of Forza, but in an open world environment. Yet I seem to only come back to Horizon when the DLC hits and then, only for a little bit.

It is the environment of Horizon that is the problem. It is shockingly bland and flat. There are some spectacular bits here and there, but most of it is boring and flat. I love driving The Ring in F4/GT5 because of how it feels. The off camber turns, the dips and jumps and just all the character that makes up the Green Hell is absent in most of Horizon. I don't get that feeling of really driving on a fun and interesting road. There are some small bumps and such, but nothing like Kaido or The Tail of the Dragon or even Pikes Peak. I want crazy hill climbs and switchback after switchback. Or smooth, undulating roads with high speed corners like the Transfagarasan, or with amazing views like the PCH.

I dunno, I really loved the IDEA of Horizon but I have been less than thrilled with the actual game. I love taking my modified cars for cruises or screaming down the highway at triple-digit speeds while trying to avoid traffic, but it all wears shallow very quickly. I really hope we get a sequel because I think if they listen to feedback and take the time, this series could end up being a massive hit.

I have no idea on the logistics of it, but I would pay GOOD money to get all the new cars from Horizon as DLC in Forza 4. I can't imagine it would be that hard and I know there is good money to be made from it.

Forza 4 actually has a more active community than Horizon and yet they are missing these cars. The Forza 4 players would probably be more excited about this DLC than the Horizon players seem to be.

I have no idea on the logistics of it, but I would pay GOOD money to get all the new cars from Horizon as DLC in Forza 4. I can't imagine it would be that hard and I know there is good money to be made from it.

Forza 4 actually has a more active community than Horizon and yet they are missing these cars. The Forza 4 players would probably be more excited about this DLC than the Horizon players seem to be.

I would imagine it would be difficult since the core of how cars handle is different in Forza 4. They would have to find tune every vehicle (and stay accurate of course). Turn 10 is also 100% committed to Forza 5 on the new Xbox right now. I wouldn't expect any more updates to Forza 4 really.

I would imagine it would be difficult since the core of how cars handle is different in Forza 4. They would have to find tune every vehicle (and stay accurate of course). Turn 10 is also 100% committed to Forza 5 on the new Xbox right now. I wouldn't expect any more updates to Forza 4 really.

As I understand it, they wouldn't have to actually tune the cars at all. The cars have their settings and it is the game engine that determines what to do with those settings. It's the Horizon engine that is different, but the cars are (theoretically) the same.

Mar

I've always had a strange feeling that the audio mix was off in this game, and last night I confirmed that it drops sounds sometimes. Specifically (I don't know the technical term), the high pitch whine sound that a car will make, drops randomly and only comes back if I go into a loading screen then back out again. Even then it doesn't come back every time.

Is this my headphones or is this a known issue with the game? It's kind of hard to notice but if you drive the Ferrari FXX you will (or should) hear the particular sound I'm talking about.

saladine1

I've always had a strange feeling that the audio mix was off in this game, and last night I confirmed that it drops sounds sometimes. Specifically (I don't know the technical term), the high pitch whine sound that a car will make, drops randomly and only comes back if I go into a loading screen then back out again. Even then it doesn't come back every time.

Is this my headphones or is this a known issue with the game? It's kind of hard to notice but if you drive the Ferrari FXX you will (or should) hear the particular sound I'm talking about.

They didn't bother fixing the audio issues in the game. It was one of the reasons I stopped playing..

Mar

They didn't bother fixing the audio issues in the game. It was one of the reasons I stopped playing..

Wow, all this time I thought I was going crazy.

The audio and specifically the engine sounds are a huge factor in driving games. This may sound hyperbolic but I feel strongly enough about this that I'll stop playing too. Shame, I was loving it until I noticed the issue.

Shaneus

Wait... really? So is there still the issue with the volume as well? It's been a while since I fired it up, but I definitely got that first patch they did which apparently fixed a bunch of stuff (though it still wasn't quite enough to ease my frustrations with the level of auditory and vibratory feedback) but to hear that nothing's really been done in the last few months... gah.

PGR4 has been spoiling me :(

EYEL1NER

So I bought the game on BF for $15 and was loving it. When Amazon had the limited edition on sale for $30 two weeks ago, I bought that and traded the vanilla version in to Amazon for $19. I was so pleased to get that deal. I got the LE in two Thursdays ago, downloaded the packs that came with it, and...
Haven't touched the game at all.

I'm not sure why, but I haven't really been playing anything since coming back up here for work. I need to remedy that, because I was having a blast with it. Then again, I just got my copy of Forza 3 Ultimate (only had the standard PH-copy before that) and a copy of Forza 4 is on the way. So I'm not sure how I will juggle them all.

saladine1

As with Mar, I feel that strongly about audio that if a game isn't up to scratch in regards to sound, I'll stop playing, no matter how good the game is.
The vibration feedback problem was the other reason I stopped. I mean, boasting that you have a gazzillion different road surfaces but not giving the player the ability to feel differences between said surfaces is mind boggling..

Besides that, great attempt for their first game and hopefully we get an even better game next time..

IISANDERII

I have been wavering back and forth on Forza 4 and Horizon recently and it just occurred to me why Horizon isn't holding my interest like I thought it would. I mean, it is EXACTLY what I wanted. I wanted all of Forza, but in an open world environment. Yet I seem to only come back to Horizon when the DLC hits and then, only for a little bit.

It is the environment of Horizon that is the problem. It is shockingly bland and flat. There are some spectacular bits here and there, but most of it is boring and flat. I love driving The Ring in F4/GT5 because of how it feels. The off camber turns, the dips and jumps and just all the character that makes up the Green Hell is absent in most of Horizon. I don't get that feeling of really driving on a fun and interesting road. There are some small bumps and such, but nothing like Kaido or The Tail of the Dragon or even Pikes Peak. I want crazy hill climbs and switchback after switchback. Or smooth, undulating roads with high speed corners like the Transfagarasan, or with amazing views like the PCH.

I dunno, I really loved the IDEA of Horizon but I have been less than thrilled with the actual game. I love taking my modified cars for cruises or screaming down the highway at triple-digit speeds while trying to avoid traffic, but it all wears shallow very quickly. I really hope we get a sequel because I think if they listen to feedback and take the time, this series could end up being a massive hit.
If the next Horizon has a European setting, I may have to break down and buy the Xbox 420.

This game is still a great time every time I load it up, but its a bummer of massive proportions that there's no open world rally stuff. I love the rally DLC, but I don't always want to do full on insane timed runs, and just fucking around in the normal game's off-road sections all look and feel comparatively shitty when put up against the rally tracks.

So the DLC actually makes the main game seem worse, since we know what it could have been.

First world gaming problems, but still ;P

Shaneus

I don't know if Playground/T10 want another exclusive car in their game or not (a la the Viper) but I wouldn't mind seeing this in either FM4 or Horizon at some stage:

Or PGR5, obviously.

Top Bottom