• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jube3 said:
yo guys, after streaming 4 hours of painting im streaming the Team BlkJck room. 2 dudeds tandem drifting! :O
www.justin.tv/jube3

this will probably be my last stream for a while, due to work and stuff.
Did you manage to finish the Alan Wake car? How does it look?

All I saw earlier was you spending like 1hr+ on his head. :lol

Jube3

cjelly said:
Did you manage to finish the Alan Wake car? How does it look?

All I saw earlier was you spending like 1hr+ on his head. :lol

Finished the head, body proportions and the body. Need to do the hair, fix the mouth, and the background.

Spasm

op_ivy said:
i dont see a difference.
200%
mb24iu.gif

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Bloodworth said:
What's wrong with photo mode exactly? I don't know what they'll look like on the website, but this is directly from my game, and I think it looks pretty darned good.
w203904818.jpg
Can you export photos to a USB drive? If so, that would be good. :D

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Jube3 said:
omg are you guys seeing these crashes? :lol :lol he flipped that BMW like 5 times! so awesome

loved it dude, one of the RR crashes was fucking epic, most of the E3 ones where epic.

Senua

Gold Member
Che you said they sorted out the photomode compression this time around..its exactly the same as forza 2s..huge let down

Jube3

m0dus said:
Jube, here's the side view I came up with for that little 'project'--

I just about ran out of layers :/

Its looking really nice man, yea layer management is tough. We can split them in half or something maybe? Like we did with twighlight princess.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
m0dus said:
Jube, here's the side view I came up with for that little 'project'--

http://i38.tinypic.com/ine6bl.jpg

I just about ran out of layers :/

holy shit lol.. how is that even possible

Fender_Uk said:
Che you said they sorted out the photomode compression this time around..its exactly the same as forza 2s..huge let down

USB export, (hopefully)

if not a big letdown :( I expect the usb export full quality, I hope..

-edit

not trying to spread misinfo but wasn't there an usb picture export feature? Just trying to clarify.

HooYaH

Pretty much excited about the game, but quite disappointed on the exclusive LE to Gamestop. Does anyone know if the VIP cars will be released through DLC?

hgplayer1

Slayer-33 said:
holy shit lol.. how is that even possible

USB export, (hopefully)

if not a big letdown :( I expect the usb export full quality, I hope..

from what Ive read there is no USB exporting on 360 at all. Photomode pics will be handled just like F2.

Jube3

Man awesome fun tonight in that stream, Team BLKJK has some really skilled drivers. They ripped it around a bunch of tracks for everyone watching. My last stream for a while, but the next one should be fun as well. Might get together with the BLackjack guys next weekend again and have another stream.

Excuse the quality, its archived from my capture card while I streamed.
Drifting on fuji
http://www.justin.tv/clip/cf026683a726924e

The rest archived here - a lot of it is me painting so you can skip it.
http://www.justin.tv/jube3/archive

Blimblim said:
Took a bit longer than 30 minutes, power breakers issue at work :p
Anyway, here you get a full replay of Rally di Positano in a Fiat 500, some drag racing (I so don't get this) and a full lap around the Nürburgring in 2 parts (with a few rewinds removed badly during editing). All at 60 fps except the replay of course.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_3_videos_day_2-8649_en.html

Thank you! You're the best!

I'll make it up to you sometime ;)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jube3 said:
Man awesome fun tonight in that stream, Team BLKJK has some really skilled drivers. They ripped it around a bunch of tracks for everyone watching. My last stream for a while, but the next one should be fun as well. Might get together with the BLackjack guys next weekend again and have another stream.

Excuse the quality, its archived from my capture card while I streamed.
Drifting on fuji
http://www.justin.tv/clip/cf026683a726924e

The rest archived here - a lot of it is me painting so you can skip it.
http://www.justin.tv/jube3/archive
Isn't that the group that drove the cars for the drift trailer?

Jube3

XiaNaphryz said:
Isn't that the group that drove the cars for the drift trailer?

Yea thats them, they showed off a lot of drifting if you look through the 10-9 archive. They also did a lot of roll overs, and races. The R2 race through lemans was crazy, great driving on their part.

Also Iknos if you see this add me on Xbox Live GT: ayo jube

Jube3 said:
Yea thats them, they showed off a lot of drifting if you look through the 10-9 archive. They also did a lot of roll overs, and races. The R2 race through lemans was crazy, great driving on their part.

Also Iknos if you see this add me on Xbox Live GT: ayo jube

Do you have recorded clips of your livery editing? the one which you were streaming.

EDIT: Oops. nvm. I missed this link: http://www.justin.tv/jube3/archive

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
m0dus said:
finally got the direct captures:

hv8cb5.jpg

Holy hell, this is awsome.

Anyway, when I get FM3 I was going to make a Pac-Man car, but after seeing these, I don't think my arse art skills are really worth it.

Great work m0dus/Jube.

Shame that the compression is really bad again. I'm so grateful that the jaggies are gone and that the game looks a lot better and therefore it would be nice if this was also apparent in the photo mode shots. I understand that Turn10 has a bandwith limit that they cannot exceed but we're talking kB's, make it 50% bigger and the quality is the same as the PGR4 screenshots, which were beautiful when downloaded.

It's only two weeks till launch so I don't know if they can fix it, but I certainly hope so.

AMUSIX

The compression thing is very disappointing. I could make awesome desktops with a series of shots from PGR4, but it looks like I won't be able to do the same with FM3.

The thing is, don't they allow something like 20 images to be uploaded by each player? If it was a bandwidth/storage issue, just reduce that number to 12, give us 150k per image, and it would have been all good.

And, yes, we were once again told outright that the screenshots being posted at FM.net were examples of how photomode pics looked once uploaded.

disappointing.

STG

have to ask this from a friend:

will it be possible to export videos to an USB stick? or is it just website upload only?

AMUSIX

tirant said:
Wasn't the LCE USB included for PhotoMode exports?
I believe that was the original intent, but T-10 has stated that this will not be possible. As for why, that's anyone's guess as they've been asked the question a number of times, and it has always been dodged. My guess would be that MS's limitations on the use of the USB ports vetoed the concept too late.

This would also possibly account for the replay editor quietly becoming 'upload 30 seconds from a single camera'.

While I appreciate that MS and T10 didn't mind opening up reviews so early because they prolly knew they'd be sick as all hell, seeing this much of the game this far away from release is JUST MEAN.

Senua

Gold Member
AMUSIX said:
And, yes, we were once again told outright that the screenshots being posted at FM.net were examples of how photomode pics looked once uploaded.

disappointing.
this is why it pisses me off..i'm still getting this game but omg they have been misleading us so much this time round

I am glad to see that others are also upset about photomode, what a LETDOWN. I seriously ponder why the hell I stick with buying forza 3 efter being bullshitted by what feels like a lot of missinformation and lies.

Any info turn10 give out for now on I am seriously not taking in without a huge spoon of doubt.

Edit - pardon my spelling, iPod touch in the morning

Diablohead said:
I am glad to see that others are also upset about photomode, what a LETDOWN. I seriously ponder why the hell I stick with buying forza 3 efter being bullshitted by what feels like a lot of missinformation and lies.

Any info turn10 give out for now on I am seriously not taking in without a huge spoon of doubt.

This. I really looked forward to the photo mode. Honestly these pictures look like utter crap. I never thought the game would look like the bullshots that were given out. I played the game at Gamescom and I knew what it would look like.

However I can't get over the fact that we were told all screens have been made with the ingame photo mode tools. This obviously wan't true.

Therefore we still haven't seen how the exported videos looks like. There were promises over and over to upload an example of the video export. Yet we still know nothing.

I'm seriously getting annoyed because of all the bullshit that is happening around the game.

Top Bottom