• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

pr0cs

Diablohead said:
A shame windows media connect or something can't view the images on a pc using your network to the xbox360, then just print screen the image and paste it into adobe...

I hope xbox next or whatever allows devs to export direct screen caps to something, hell even smash brothers on the wii can export images to SD card.
Exactly.
But considering how terrible the support from Windows->360 is now I'm not confident they'll do anything better for the next XBOX.

I'm just hoping that after the game goes live T10 has a chance to titty-twist the 'powers that be' into submission into allowing less compression on the images, after they see what sort of costs are involved in allowing better quality images.

pr0cs said:
Exactly.
But considering how terrible the support from Windows->360 is now I'm not confident they'll do anything better for the next XBOX.
EU would probably sue them for leveraging their monopoly if they did anything worthwhile or significant.

ShapeGSX

pr0cs said:
Media Center *still* does not support playback of XVID/DiVX to the 360 yet that feature has be possible via streaming for years already. No idea if it's in Windows7 but I would be willing to bet they didn't fix it there either.

Yes, Windows 7 will stream XVID/DIVX and a ton of other codecs to the 360 via Media Center. It does transcode them, though.

imtehman

Banned
am i the only one who isn't going to get suckered into buying the LE edition just for the cars, which they (turn10) obviously took out from the main game and present it as "extras" to beef up thier LE?

Sheesh T10, you guys do know your competitor is giving 900+ all without charging extra right?

Hawk SE

imtehman said:
am i the only one who isn't going to get suckered into buying the LE edition just for the cars, which they (turn10) obviously took out from the main game and present it as "extras" to beef up thier LE?

Sheesh T10, you guys do know your competitor is giving 900+ all without charging extra right?

I guess I was, but I'm excited for LE, I want more cars.

gillty

Banned
pr0cs said:
Media Center *still* does not support playback of XVID/DiVX to the 360 yet that feature has be possible via streaming for years already. No idea if it's in Windows7 but I would be willing to bet they didn't fix it there either.

umm yes windows 7 mce to 360 extender plays xvid divx
and mkv 5.1 ac3 with this lovely codec from divx labs http://labs.divx.com/mkvwin7preview

Jube3

imtehman said:

Well aside from the extra cars with the LE, the VIP title will also net you a few custom designed cars. In the end, as with all CE's, it is an optional thing that companies do to try to give diehards a little bonus and bring in some extra revenue, the competitor you mention also put out a prologue which for the diehards is awesome.

sneaky77

Omar Ismail said:
I'm actually pretty astonished that T10 is being so stupid about this. Storage and bandwidth are so ridiculously cheap nowadays.

Having people being super hyped, and marketing your game for you with beautiful screenshots is worth hundreds of thousands and potentially in the millions of dollars.

And you're sacrificing that for a few tens of thousands of dollars of STORAGE space?

This is what happens when you're spending too much time in front of the spreadsheet and not appreciating the real world consequences of these minor actions.

I mean, will crappy screenshots stop a few thousand people from buying the game? Either directly through disappointment, or indirectly through not having been exposed to great screenshots? Why take the chance at all?

It honestly boggles my mind. You guys are being idiots. Plain and simple.

I agree with this adding pics with 100kb more of storage is really not that much. Storage is pretty cheap these days. Specially considering they are letting people upload video which is so much more space.. 50mb or so right?

Arucardo

Jube3 said:
I thought it was 10 days before but if its 2 weeks I can put it up tonight! :D
Great! looking forward to it :D . Only 13 days to get my hands on the game, if all goes well and I find it in my mailbox on release day.

dejay

Banned
Jube3 said:
I thought it was 10 days before but if its 2 weeks I can put it up tonight! :D

DO IT! Psychologically it will make the game seem closer to release for me. It's all about me after all!

Jube3

I need a thread title. I can't think of anything good!

The Official Forza Motorsport 3 thread - insert witty line here lol

Jube3

cjelly said:
Blurgh, don't bother with a sub-header. Just official thread.

Ok, that eliminates
The Official Forza Motorsport 3 thread of living your life at a quarter mile

:lol

Im sorting the pictures right now and will make the thread asap. Im gonna fill it up with the posts I need and then fill it up so it might take a bit to see the whole thing.

Jube3 said:

The Official Forza Motorsport 3 thread -
of misinformation!

I kid! Can't wait for the game

dejay

Banned
Jube3 said:

I still like "The Definitive Forza Motorsport 3 Thread" - classy, slightly acknowledging the tensions of the console wars without being too flame baity. I'm not a fan of titles such as "The Official Forza Motorsport 3 thread of mindblowing, orgasmic tire deformations and definitive Che over-promising spectacularthons of super-magnetic superlatives"

Recoil

I still think simply going with "The Definitive Forza Motorsport 3 Thread" would be funny as hell. Classy, crass, and provocative all at the same time. But if not, I humbly submit for your review:

The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread of seeing the pixels and a few shops in my time.

Jonsoncao

Banned
The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread of definitive bullshoty photomode and self sarcasm

well self-effacing sometimes considered to be a good virtue :lol

Does everyone who is faced with a hurdle just stop, sit down and stare at the hurdle and go oh well I can't jump it..... FFS!

ok so the USB is off limits, let's see how to turn a lemon into lemonade in a few simple steps. Win 7 is coming out, why not tie win7 and FM3 together for mutual benefits... hmm how.. so tough... so complex... Maybe a win7 app that talks to FM3 just like the multiscreen setup... hmm maybe getting something here... oh wait... yah.. full length HQ videos and full uncompressed 1920x1080 renders directly to the win7 app to store anywhere you want on your local network.. Woah.. a Xbox 360 app talking to anything it wants on a local network?! F*CKING INSANE I KNOW!!&!!(!@ That's just how I rolll.

Brodequin

Jube3 said:

If you're not going to use in the title, I'm for you using what you initially wrote, "The Official Forza Motorsport 3 thread - insert witty line here lol"
:D

from forza site:

Che Team Forza:

We are the developers of Forza Motorsport 3. We can show off the game in any manner we want.

It's true, you won't be able to take photomode shots from within the cockpit, but then again, we never advertised that you'll be able to. But to show you that we've modeled the cockpits with all the detail, we can go into our debug menu and turn off camera clipping to allow us to go into the cars in photomode and take screenshots. Otherwise, it's the same photomode that everyone will use, except they won't be able to clip into the cockpit.

Sorry, it's not in the final game, but there were reasons for it.

Also, there is nothing about photomode that's bullshots except the player car model uses what you see in the UI and in the homespace. All other assets are exactly the same. The AI cars, the lighting on the track, the geometry of the track, etc. are all the same as what you see when you play the game. In fact, the cockpit you see when you play the game is exactly what we showed you with our cockpit screenshots.

Again, sorry you're disappointed you can't take photos in cockpits but that's how it is.

Also, you can't remove the driver model either, which is something we can do with the debug menu.

I'm actually surprised they didn't let us turn off the drivers... couldn't have been too hard.

That aside, shouldn't we all be in the official thread now?

Rizob

Is there any possibility of the game being patched to allow us more time in control of the revs at the start of the race? Not just for drag racing, but for every race in the game. I put the demo on today after a couple of weeks of not playing it, and i have a feeling this issue is going to get on my tits in the full game.

radeonxt

57197873.jpg

A Right Driving-wheeled Ford? :S

Why do we have so many Right handed- drive wheeled vehicles? :S :S

Mohonky

radeonxt said:
57197873.jpg

A Right Driving-wheeled Ford? :S

Why do we have so many Right handed- drive wheeled vehicles? :S :S
Man thats a good looking model. GT might be king of car models but there is absolutely nothing shabby about Forza 3, thats absolutely gorgeous especially considering the number of visual customisations you can make.

radeonxt said:
but If I'm correct, ford Focus is Made in Ford Almussafes in Spain.

I've Seen some VW Siroccos in some forza III pics with the same errors.

Its a Focus RS, UK/Euro only(Performance is too close to a Mustangs for Ford to sell it in the US).

Forza 2 used cars in their domestic Market trim iirc

Not to mention that we get most of these cars in the UK anyway.

Besides, it's the rest of you guys that drive on the wrong side of the road. :D

Also nice to see that black cars have some shade to them now, using solid dark black in forza 2 makes the car just look like a blob and you need to use 1-2 shades up to make the car look a lot nicer.

A) That Ford is stunning. Look at that thing. Please, just for fun, throw in a couple of gravel/dirt sections in some of the tracks.

B) It's a conspiracy that my birthday is October 23, and I live in the US, where this game gets released Oct. 27. Will I have fun on my b-day, or will I be thinking "can't wait until Tuesday..."? Or will I be thinking "the Euros have intentionally tried to ruin my birthday?"

Top Bottom