• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

eso76

sportzhead said:
I've been playing a lot of FM2 recently and just have to chime in and say, damn the replay camera angles are horrendous. The replays just flat out suck in FM2. I hope replays have gone through a complete upgrade like the graphics did for FM3.

unfortunately, and for reasons unknown to man, no one has done a single video of the replay mode since e3.
You can see a few vids where Dan or Che leave the AI drive for them and the camera switches to 'replay camera angles', Just like in FM2 when hiring an AI driver, though, it's a little diff. from replays, in that there's no motion blur and no extra AA (still 30fps though). You can still tell camera angles have improved a lot, however, although there's still a few 'floating cameras and chase cameras' which i personally hate.
You can see a short, proper, replay clip during that gamevideos interview, iirc.

Then again, if replay editor gives me a decent amount of freedom concerning camera angles, i won't really care, but we don't know how that works yet.
Being able to place my own cameras, tell them what the point of interest is, changing zoom and focus with a keyframe system would be just too awesome for me to bear.

hgplayer1

skybaby said:
"floating around car showing jackshit camera" still pisses me the fuck off :lol

Ive watched most of the vids that have popped up since E3 and I dont think Ive seen that camera that youre talking about.

please please please dont tell me a vid has surfaced that shows that crappy camera still in the game?

eso76

hgplayer1 said:
Ive watched most of the vids that have popped up since E3 and I dont think Ive seen that camera that youre talking about.

please please please dont tell me a vid has surfaced that shows that crappy camera still in the game?

there's a hint of floating around car camera in that long lemans video.
and that's it, currently.

VVV Mars VG

You can see the replays on some of the Gametrailers Vids when Dan is doing his E3 presentation, glad to see they are much improved. :)

Are these videos taken from the same build we saw at E3? It seems to hitch in the same spots, leading me to suspect it's the same build.

Also, in the most recent gamersyde vid, you can tell they hit 60fps in cockpit sometimes, so they're definitely trying to get it to 60fps as well.

I'm pretty sure they'll hit it. Dan has said over and over that "sim racing games HAVE to run at 60fps otherwise it might as well be a slideshow". I don't think you can say that sort of thing if you have even the slightest suspicion your most notable view will ship at 30.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
WHOAguitarninja said:
I don't think you can say that sort of thing if you have even the slightest suspicion your most notable view will ship at 30.

And you can't say you have the "definitive" racer if arguably the most important camera view in the game is 30fps.

eso76

chespace said:
Don't worry. Replay cameras have been fixed.

You're not allowed to say how replay editor works right ? like for example, am i limited to cycling between a few cameras or can i place my own cameras along the track ? :)

saladine1

original.aspx

Hmmm...speculation=snow=rally=weather..?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Psychotext said:
Screen on the left appears to be just a windows background. It's got a "screen locked" input box on it.

That is probably the car owned by the person who sits at that desk. :D

Someone over at consolewars claims this is a pic from PGR4 Renault Alpina Challenge.

I played PGR4 a lot but I honestly can't remember that challenge.

Why would Turn 10 leave something like that visible when all other monitors are turned off?

Fortinbras said:
Someone over at consolewars claims this is a pic from PGR4 Renault Alpina Challenge.

I played PGR4 a lot but I honestly can't remember that challenge.
I don't recall seeing that car in PGR4.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
acm2000 said:
i hope there isnt rally, rally in GT was always crap, probably would be here too, i just want weather
Rally is awesome in GT and is the primary reason I'm buying it. Rally is way way WAY better than road racing will ever be.

IMO, of course. :D

The replay camera angles are improved over FM2's, so the dreaded "rotate around the car while showing absolutely nothing" camera now looks even more out of place.

It's also nice to see the bumps all the way down the Mulsanne straight. Hopefully that means the Nurburgring too will be as unforgiving on suspensions as it is in reality. I remember it being rather smooth in FM2.

Can't wait for the 60 fps gameplay footage. Gamersyde's coverage really does put everyone else to shame.

hgplayer1

Spaceman Spiff said:
The replay camera angles are improved over FM2's, so the dreaded "rotate around the car while showing absolutely nothing" camera now looks even more out of place.

It's also nice to see the bumps all the way down the Mulsanne straight. Hopefully that means the Nurburgring too will be as unforgiving on suspensions as it is in reality. I remember it being rather smooth in FM2.

Can't wait for the 60 fps gameplay footage. Gamersyde's coverage really does put everyone else to shame.

I really think they just dont get it.

Hopefully there are some options to have replays only use track side cameras. It looks like a majority of the replay will use them by default but I sure would be happy if I could eliminate the floating cams all together.

hgplayer1 said:
I really think they just dont get it.

Hopefully there are some options to have replays only use track side cameras. It looks like a majority of the replay will use them by default but I sure would be happy if I could eliminate the floating cams all together.

I agree with you; hopefully it will be possible in the replay editor. Or they could just simply get rid of all the floating cams and save us the trouble.

Also, all of the camera angles currently seem to focus on an individual car. It would be nice to have another set that instead lingered longer between angles, covering the entire race.

Top Bottom