• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 E3 Recap Thread (24 minutes video, tons of infos… check the OP)

G Rom said:
That's because saladine1 doesn't roll with 100 posts per pages ! :p

Here is the post. BADNED edited it but before he did, it was a clear hint at
Mount Panorama

Oh hes one of those people.

staredad_icon.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
BoobPhysics101 said:
Grab a used S2000 seat. I had 4 or 5 of them laying around back when I was flipping my seats to buy Recaros, and it's an awesome seat for gaming. Recaro actually makes the S2000 seats..

Get a 5.1 system instead of 7.1 so it'll fit the game's 5.1 mix.
Yeah 5.1 is probably the way, I wasn't thinking correctly with the 7.1

I'll look into those seats, thank you.

Seanspeed

Banned
soundscream said:
I never understand this I have always had around 500,000 in the bank and thats after upgrading the cars I use. What are you guys doing with your money? Or are you not winning enough or getting less money due to your difficulty level and assist?
A lot of the supercars and racecars are pretty damn expensive. I usually have around 1,000,000 credits at any one time, but if I buy something costs 600,000, it takes quite a bit of time to get back to 1,000,000 again unless I just sit there and do boring offline races that net me quick money. Even that takes a while.

And I race with all assists off except I dont use the clutch.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
PjotrStroganov said:
Still haven't bought all cars from the VIP carpack because of lack of funds. Granted, I haven't played it much after buying the VIP pack, but I'd appreciate it if they let me drive the cars I have paid for with real goddamn money.

this. oh god, this. real money >>> in game money. if i pay for DLC cars, they had better be in my in game garage. so fucking stupid to make you also buy it with in game money.

sneaky77 said:
I don't think dynamic weather would look good on races less than 15 laps to be honest, it would seem too forced when each lap is a totally different weather lol.

Yeah, I was speaking more of rain and such when I say "dynamic" ... would be funny though, 3 lap race and it's daytime on the first lap, then nighttime on the next lol.

I have 4 months for Fanatec to fix my GT2 issue ... email me back already Fanatec! I know you're listening!

PjotrStroganov said:
Just make cars cheaper or give us more money for selling used cars. Inflation is crazy after launch and if you're not good at clowning up cars not much money can be made in the auction house.

Still haven't bought all cars from the VIP carpack because of lack of funds. Granted, I haven't played it much after buying the VIP pack, but I'd appreciate it if they let me drive the cars I have paid for with real goddamn money.

I made almost 50 million in Forza 3 from legitimate auction house sales. It takes some time, but if you know what cars to buy and sell, you can make a lot of money.

saladine1

The only money I saw from auction house was from my first major attempt at a theme. I did the 'Jigsaw' face from SAW complete with blood and guts effects. That was the first and last time I tried it as it was the most time consuming, boring thing I've done in a game. I take my virtual hat off to the painters. It's a long and arduous task that takes some bloody patience to sit through...

saladine1 said:
The only money I saw from auction house was from my first major attempt at a theme. I did the 'Jigsaw' face from SAW complete with blood and guts effects. That was the first and last time I tried it as it was the most time consuming, boring thing I've done in a game. I take my virtual hat off to the painters. It's a long and arduous task that takes some bloody patience to sit through...

I could have made more money but I sell it for $2000 or give it away for free, I'm a man of the people.

shinnn

The MS press site was updated with a new folder called "LCE BMW Announcement Assets". Must be the announcement on monday.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Guys, if you have 4 360's you can have the 4th outputting a real time "replay" in a 4 monitor setup?

I would like that option, making a 46" Bravia LCD the replay monitor.

derFeef said:
Current event there is the "ADAC Zurich 24h-Rennen", some kind of 24 hour race from a german automobile association.

39th 24 Hours of Nurburgring, son.

If there's no nighttime alternate time of day for Sebring, Le Mans, and the 'Ring, I will be disappoint.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Diablohead said:
It looks small, good for storage I guess. I have no idea on seats.

It folds too.

6142SOdRVJL.jpg
61asloGZKsL.jpg

61l04yKS7uL.jpg
fe1c810ae7a0ee16a7b8b110.L.jpg

Looks like a quality home racing option

I just emailed the seller, definitely want it. I will pass along that MS racing wheel to subsidize the more expensive one right away/eventually.

op_ivy

Slayer-33 said:
damn ivy..

That is nice but I already jumped on the $300 playseat/ms wheel offer. Picking it up tomorrow! :D

yeah, i have the fanatec wheel stand, and its fine for now, but when i buy a house and have my man cave, something like the obutto will be mine.

I think all the inputs are on the sub, it's active so no amplifier needed if that's what you mean.

Analogue only iirc, you'll get Pro-Logic II surround from Xbox 360, no Dolby Digital, at least I think not.

Pro-Logic is actually alright as it happens.

Seanspeed

Banned
Captain Bluey said:
I made almost 50 million in Forza 3 from legitimate auction house sales. It takes some time, but if you know what cars to buy and sell, you can make a lot of money.
Yea....I'd rather be driving or racing or tinkering with my cars, though. Fuck playing this fantasy car collector. And for those like me, we dont earn nearly as much money, making many of the cars extremely expensive propositions. And yea, it sucks when you buy DLC with real money and then can barely afford to buy some of the cars that are in it.

I dont like the real money thing. Its one of those instances where realism isn't good. There's so many cars I haven't got to own cuz of this. Sure, I can drive them around stock in arcade mode or hotlapping, but its not the same.

Forza 1 allowed main screen, left, right, mirror, replay
Forza 2 I think was the same
Forza 3 no idea never had the urge to try it, I own 2 copies and my old xbox my bro has so...

I would just go with 3 screens and a small 12" lcd tv for £69 as a rear mirror if it could fit well, would be awesome to output to an ipod/iphone as they are the perfect rear mirror size.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Diablohead said:
Forza 1 allowed main screen, left, right, mirror, replay
Forza 2 I think was the same
Forza 3 no idea never had the urge to try it, I own 2 copies and my old xbox my bro has so...

I would just go with 3 screens and a small 12" lcd tv for £69 as a rear mirror if it could fit well, would be awesome to output to an ipod/iphone as they are the perfect rear mirror size.

But you need a 4th xbox just for the mirror? If so f that noise lol I'd take a replay screen instead.

Slayer-33 said:
But you need a 4th xbox just for the mirror? If so f that noise lol I'd take a replay screen instead.
I wonder if you could design a simple wooden box with a fan intake and exhaust to house 3 xboxes in, pimp it up with a little paint and spray the forza F on it lol.

Grassy

saladine1 said:
Hey, we also have the Mount Panorama hint from B!

I seriously hope it's in. I remember a few weeks before Forza 3 launched there was a "Forza 3 Event" at the Bathurst 1000 and I was convinced they were going to announce Mt. Panorama for Forza 3. It would have been perfect timing but of course it didn't happen. Maybe at this years race we will get that announcement, and if they add some HSV's and FPV's i'll be one happy mofo.

saladine1

Grassy said:
I seriously hope it's in. I remember a few weeks before Forza 3 launched there was a "Forza 3 Event" at the Bathurst 1000 and I was convinced they were going to announce Mt. Panorama for Forza 3. It would have been perfect timing but of course it didn't happen. Maybe at this years race we will get that announcement, and if they add some HSV's and FPV's i'll be one happy mofo.
Tell me about it. I was absolutely sure it was in. Turn 10 gave no indication whatsoever whether Mt Panaorama was in or not right up until that event and BAM...it wasn't in. To be honest, I was even expecting some classic Aussie muscle as well but...yeah whatever.
But it WILL be in FM4 for sure this time..for sure..yep...for sure. If it isn't, then Turn 10 will face some consequences from myself..very grave consequences......perhaps a letter of some sorts explaining how I feel...that should put them in their place..

eso76

cjelly said:
Turn 10 just retweeted this: http://twitter.com/mechberg/status/84727735267758080

JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS, TIME!?

Night time at Nurburgring CONFIRMED !!!11111 1!!1

I don't know if anyone has bothered watching the reveal trailer again, but at some point it shows an Evo racing in an environment which looks exactly the alps we've seen in the demo. Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but maybe we can expect other environments/conditions shown in the trailer to be in the game ?
There's no rain in the trailer (no weather per se), but maybe we can expect icy roads and racing on dirt ?

op_ivy

eso76 said:
maybe we can expect icy roads and racing on dirt ?

mums the word on "rally", but i sure hope so. if they limit the number of cars in this mode, maybe they can even get convincing dust particles out of their engine =)

Captain Bluey said:
But I, and probably many others, don't want to spend alot of time in the auction house. It's fun, but I'd like some alternate means of making money to drive the cars I bought with my own money. Like.....unlocking them directly after I bought them.

G Rom

op_ivy said:
this. oh god, this. real money >>> in game money. if i pay for DLC cars, they had better be in my in game garage. so fucking stupid to make you also buy it with in game money.

No it's not stupid because the DLC cars would be worthless in the auction house, very much like level prize cars are right now. That's probably why they don't give all the cars right away.

Captain Bluey said:

That's great but what about rewarding, you know, racing...
I don't want to turn into an ebay Powerseller in Forza just to be able to buy the cars I like. I'm not against having different means of getting money, I think it's great actually but racing is one of the least rewarding aspect of the game which is kinda weird for a racing game. Someone who has every assists off and invest his time into racing should get tons of money just like the painters who invest times in making liveries.

I still think that they should reward players for the amount of km they drive. Something like 1 km = 1000 Cr.

BTW, what's your bet on the LCE ?
I'm thinking dreaming of the game (obviously), a small book (think FM2 or GT5 LCEs), a die-cast car (might be the F10 M5) and a VIP pass similar to the L.A Noire pass (access to all DLCs, including pre-order cars).

saladine1

I absolutley agree on the 'more money for racing' sentiment. I'd even go further and say reward the player with not only more money, but other goodies as well such as unique parts and cars or some type of 'museum cards' ala GT5, special interest type of stuff. This would give a lot more incentive to 'grind' away. A reward system of sorts that give players more than just money is what i'm getting at.

With regards to LCE, I would be more than happy to have a big ass book detailing cars,history..etc and perhaps even a DVD showcasing a behind the scenes,making of FM4. Now that would be something I can get into..

Slayer had me in the mood to look up some screens today for a triple setup, as someone who would sit only 2 feet away like a pc monitor, amazon has a LG 19" for £82, I think that is damn cheap to buy 3 of them, the xboxes would be more pricey.

test_account

XP-39C²
eso76 said:
you guys should really stop assuming 'no comment' means OMG CONFIRMED !!1
True hehe, but it is not that uncommon that "no comment" means "yes" :) And seeing that GT5 have both rally and night and day cycle, i'm pretty sure that Forza 4 also will have it.

test_account said:
True hehe, but it is not that uncommon that "no comment" means "yes" :) And seeing that GT5 have both rally and night and day cycle, i'm pretty sure that Forza 4 also will have it.
That's the worst thing you can do to yourself, so stop it.

test_account

XP-39C²
brotkasten said:
That's the worst thing you can do to yourself, so stop it.
I dont have a Xbox 360, so i wont be able to get Forza 4 anyway (well, i can get the game, but i wont be able to play it hehe) so it doesnt matter much to me personally. But regardless if Forza 4 have rally and/or day and night cycle or not, i'm at least sure that it will be a great game =)

But i'm still pretty sure about what i said earlier. I can be wrong of course, it is just a guess from my side about these features, but i will be more surprised if at least not one of these features are not included and i will be less surprised if they are included. But we will see what happens :)

Slayer I think that i'm going to join you in making a home racing experience but not so extreme, one screen + kinect tracking, racing seat, madcatz wheel, custom wooden frame :D I don't have enough money to go much deeper but i'm going to attempt what I failed with F355 challenge in making a racing cab.

:D getting hyped already.

op_ivy

Diablohead said:
Slayer I think that i'm going to join you in making a home racing experience but not so extreme, one screen + kinect tracking, racing seat, madcatz wheel, custom wooden frame :D I don't have enough money to go much deeper but i'm going to attempt what I failed with F355 challenge in making a racing cab.

the fanatec wheel stand is SUPER sturdy and a good option if you dont want to invest in the whole racing setup. i'd imagine they have a fairly high re-sell value too, for when you do take the plunge on a bigger set up (forza 5!)

skyfinch

Man, I regret moving out of my last apartment and leaving my wheel/foot pedal stand behind. I had welded it using top grade stainless steel. The thing was perfectly balanced and super strong. I could have dropped that thing off of a 30 story building and it would laughed it off.

op_ivy said:
the fanatec wheel stand is SUPER sturdy and a good option if you dont want to invest in the whole racing setup. i'd imagine they have a fairly high re-sell value too, for when you do take the plunge on a bigger set up (forza 5!)
Nah going fully custom wood frame I think, can buy a real car bucket seat for £85 :p and then a dedicated 22" screen and all that, with F355 challenge years ago I gave up at the wood cutting part but I was at uni at the time, this time I don't want to fail.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Diablohead said:

lol awesome man, do what you can man.

Top Bottom