• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Xanadu

Banned
Xun said:
So what steering wheel do you guys recommend?

Bear in mind I don't want to spend too much.
if the fanatic ones are too much just get the microsoft one i guess, i just use the gamepad though as i cant use my G25

BADNED said:
The season pass was a late addition also the press release is a bit irritating, typical marketing department but I had the info at one point that the season pass will be included with the LCE. I don't have the full confirmation on that one so I can't give a guarantee on that one for the moment. Hope T10 will clear this up tomorrow in the WIR.

Sweet baby Jesus! I hope that turns out to be legit because that means the LE just became a fantastic deal.

mclaren777

Xun said:

You're in a pickle because the official wheel is quite awful and the nice Fanatec wheels are quite expensive.

There unfortunately isn't a happy middle ground on the 360.

BADNED said:
The season pass was a late addition also the press release is a bit irritating, typical marketing department but I had the info at one point that the season pass will be included with the LCE. I don't have the full confirmation on that one so I can't give a guarantee on that one for the moment. Hope T10 will clear this up tomorrow in the WIR.

I hope this is true, it would add a lot of value to the LCE! And yes your marketing department suck and not just for Turn 10 products but all of Microsoft range of products and service. Who ever that's the head of that department at Microsoft need to be replaced.

Mascot

saladine1 said:
C'mon, just give in to the awesomeness of big blocks, 8 cylinders, carburetors, torque and menacing, throaty sound bytes!

I quite like the romance of them and what they represent, and Love The Beast was an awesomely emotional rollercoaster bit of storytelling, but driving them in racing games never fails to annoy the fuck out of me.

Tell you what: tune and tweak some of those bad boys into proper driveable machines, stick them in the GAF car club and I'm more than willing to be educated..!

Xun said:

What is your definition of not wanting to spend too much? If you play a lot of driving sim game, I would just get a good one and be done with it. Though I never find anything wrong with the old Microsoft one, for $100 it does the job.

Cptkrush

mclaren777 said:
You're in a pickle because the official wheel is quite awful and the nice Fanatec wheels are quite expensive.

yeah, even the mad catz FF wheel is $250, which you can get the new Fanatec CSR with standard pedals for $280 which is an infinitely better deal.

mclaren777 said:

Its not that bad, its a huge improvement over a controller. But its not as good as the fanatec. My ms wheel has been in the closet for 2 years almost, it served it purpose. I might want to give it away rather than having it just go unused.

samoset

antiquegamer said:
What is your definition of not wanting to spend too much? If you play a lot of driving sim game, I would just get a good one and be done with it. Though I never find anything wrong with the old Microsoft one, for $100 it does the job.

You can't really find the old Microsoft wheel for a reasonable price anymore. For some reason they stopped making them so prices are anywhere from $250-450.

Broman1978

shinnn said:
muscle_dlc_esrb_1.wmv_97db.jpg
Holy shit! Is this real??!
(I know it´s Forza 4..but DAAAMN!!)

Broman1978

Xanadu said:
thats not even a great quality pic (trailer grab) check out the screens on the page before
Yeah I saw them too..looks fantastic but I was REALLY impressed with the headlight glass in that shot :)..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BADNED said:
If this happens..

GIGATON.

BADNED said:

Wow, that would be absolutely awesome! Best LE ever!

EDIT: Seems too great, and I don't want BADNED to feel ... well, bad. I'm not going to get my hopes up then.

Xun

antiquegamer said:
£150+ is a bit too much for me.

Wasn't there a new Madcatz one coming out that had force feedback?

saladine1

Broman1978 said:
Yeah I saw them too..looks fantastic but I was REALLY impressed with the headlight glass in that shot :)..
They look exactly like the 'Hella' glass on my '72 Falcon GT. Very impressive..

Cptkrush

Xun said:
£150+ is a bit too much for me.

Wasn't there a new Madcatz one coming out that had force feedback?
yeah, it's 250 usd. Not sure the U.K. price, but I'm assuming it won't be a 1:1 conversion.

Xun

Cptkrush said:
yeah, it's 250 usd. Not sure the U.K. price, but I'm assuming it won't be a 1:1 conversion.
Ugh, goddamn. :/

I'm tempted to get the old wheel if I can find it at a good price, but my problem is it would obviously have to be used.

Cptkrush

Xun said:
Ugh, goddamn. :/

I'm tempted to get the old wheel if I can find it at a good price, but my problem is it would obviously have to be used.
honestly, you'll probably pay the same for one of those. I got lucky with an old DriveFX a couple weeks ago for 40 bucks, but finding an MS wheel for less than 150 is rare. You're best bet would be to save up some money and play the game for a bit with a controller, then get the new Fanatec with some standard porsche pedals, which would run 280EUR, it's a bit pricey for sure but it's going to last for a very long time and works on all platforms which is really nice. I know that's what I'm doing.

watership

mclaren777 said:

The new madcatz wheel is $250 right? That's for peddles/shifter and wheel, and it has a partly metal construction. That's cheaper than Fanatec set. Do we know the rotation for it?

I know Madcatz has a crap reputation but their stuff in the past few years has really make a turn towards quality, especially since buying Saitek. The rockband 3 gear is awesome.

samoset said:
You can't really find the old Microsoft wheel for a reasonable price anymore. For some reason they stopped making them so prices are anywhere from $250-450.

The highest i see on eBay is $150, where did you find them for $250-400?

SPEEDxNASTY said:
Can hardly tell because its shot offscreen, but the new lighting on Fujimi Kaido looks similar to the day races in Initial D Arcade Stage 6.
http://youtu.be/SXMj_cz7ww0?t=1m

Initial D Arcade Stage 6
http://youtu.be/V1hxzbFUVmY

God I love the Initial D arcade game. That and Wangan Midnight. *sigh* If only Tokyo Xtreme Racer or Wangan Midnight would come back out in the US. I miss having a well done street racing game.

enzo_gt said:
Ah so that's the "one that only exists" car that's going to be in Autovista from Jay's Garage. Would've guessed the Tank Car, it's like the Lenomobile.

Gumpert is cool and all but I could think of a million other cars I would've liked in Autovista instead. There should be at least one Zonda.
Isn't there already a Zonda in AV?

Ty4on

drugstore_cowboy said:
Ah, so not the tank car. I take it there's no open wheelers again?
Isn't there no open wheelers on the track due to the physics? I mean the Halo car is basically an open wheeler with its exposed suspension.

amar212

OKAY, PROGRESS!! I have solved one half of my issues.

Tip from Snubbers reminded me of existence of my Download History at Xbox.com. All my downloads were there and with help of the great guide for installing Forza 3 Ultimate Edition by Av8RtiM at official forums it took my less than hour to get everything DLC and VIP related back.

My original profile and all T10 VIP Community Prizes are however forever MIA and I started a new game. Currently at LV4, it will took this and next weekend to climb back to LV50. Speaking of which - there is something GAF can do for me if you like:

> I have uploaded a small LayerGroup at Storefront, under the title "GafAid". Buying it for 50.000 credits (you can buy as much as you like) will help my initial fight with credits. Thanks to all purchasers in advance and later you can show-off your cars here with small and decent GAFAID graphic - and everybody will know you're greater philanthroper than Warren Buffet :)

flyinpiranha said:
@amar - Croatia eh? I'm traveling there next year for vacation, starting in Dubrovnik and ending up in Zagreb (most likely, still planning) and probably getting married there (I'm in the US). Beautiful country you got there!

Yes, country is the most beautiful in the world. Congratulations for your marriage, check your PM for some off-topic ;)

mclaren777 said:
You are easily impressed.

Oh, come on McLaren.. You are just envy that PC gaming does not have such production quality as main two console racers have :)

I can understand you, but showing some emotions - because both of us know this really looks good - wouldn't kill you ;)

Mascot

Holy shitfuck! Anyone else humming The Dambusters theme while looking at all this stuff? Drop the bombs! Breach the wall! Flood GAF Valley with Dan's sweet juices!

It begins.

nagge

Fanatec is stepping it up, received my CSP's today with brass bushings and small aluminium protectors for the pedal sensors. These things are built to last! So well screwed together.

nagge said:
Fanatec is stepping it up, received my CSP's today with brass bushings and small aluminium protectors for the pedal sensors. These things are built to last! So well screwed together.

Hrm, wonder if mine have those, just got them from Fanatec about 2 weeks ago. Mind taking a pic?

But yeah, they are seriously rugged. My friend raced with them and he was wearing construction boots and was working just fine.

GT2+CSP = Oct 3 (11th) can't come soon enough!

Also, for those pre-ordered through Amazon for the LE doesn't look too good regarding release date shipping =( ... got an email back saying that it probably won't happen due to availability or something. But there's always a possibility.

nagge

flyinpiranha said:
Hrm, wonder if mine have those, just got them from Fanatec about 2 weeks ago. Mind taking a pic?

But yeah, they are seriously rugged. My friend raced with them and he was wearing construction boots and was working just fine.

GT2+CSP = Oct 3 (11th) can't come soon enough!

Also, for those pre-ordered through Amazon for the LE doesn't look too good regarding release date shipping =( ... got an email back saying that it probably won't happen due to availability or something. But there's always a possibility.

Shitty phone pic, but you get the idea :)

Cdfe3.jpg

samdavis

Neo Member
Concerning that DLC trailer: Not a big fan of muscles cars. At all.

Can I just get a 240z with some flares, panasports (or Hayashi 505s), and the proper spoiler and air dam? I want to make this car in game and drive it all day, every day.

IMG_5F00_2870_5F00_1920x1200.jpg_2D00_672x9999999.jpg

It won't be quite as dirty, though. And will FM4 have the option to give a car a matte paint job?

nagge said:
Shitty phone pic, but you get the idea :)

Ah, cool ... I'm pretty sure mine has that cover thingy, did they not before? I almost want to do a wheel check or something so we can get some settings swapped and see what will be the best setup.

TimBrad

Neo Member
amar212 said:
I lost EVERYTHING regarding my Forza 3 game last night.

LV50 career, 300+ uniquely LV5 cars with modifications, hundreds hours of offline and online playtime, VIP status, VIP content, Turn 10 VIP community prizes, Turn 10 prize cars and TopGear DLC that came on Ultimate Collection card.

I bought a new SlimBox, used USB to transfer gamesave from my FaxtBox and had no idea that FM saves are encrypted. I mean, I was not told about it by console or whatever. Few minutes later everything was gone. My original gamesave was not recognized by the game on the new console and because I used "move" function during transfer ("copy" was not available) original gamesave is no longer accessible.

Marketplace does not want to grant me rights to redeem my VIP/DLC/TopGear codes because it finds them *used* and I can't access any of the content I have payed for. And yes, I have transfered my DRM license in the very minute I booted new console to LIve, so that is not the issue.

I am beyond words. I bought a new X360 Kinect bundle just to play Forza 4 on it and was looking forward into having all my driving games installed and available onto one console. Needless to say how my Forza 2 gamesave is also inaccessible and how my whole Forza 2 career is also gone for good.

Dear NeoGaf members, NEVER USE USB TRANSFER FOR data management of Forza gamesaves. NEVER. EVER.

My latenight internet search revealed how ONLY probable secure way to transfer savefiles of Forza games between FatBox and SlimBox is by using some Transfer Cable which I can't even purchase anywhere.

I am beyond words. BUt if nothing else, I have successfully received Mazda RX-7 unicorn car as a T10 prize for pre-ordering FM4. However, I think my enthusiasm for Forza series have reached the lowest level imaginable. My whole FM2 and FM3 careers lost, my all DLC lost, everything made in both games lost.

Damn.

Very sorry to hear that mate, I had the same thing happen last year, was about 80% through career, bought an xbslim, usb transfer, everything gone!
The community on fm.net really helped me out, ended up with about 75 cars & 5mil cr because fo the kindness they showed, so if you give me your gamertag (or add me: TimBrad) I'll send you the cars such as the 458 etc.. that will make a difference in the Forza 3<>4 save transfer.

samdavis said:
Concerning that DLC trailer: Not a big fan of muscles cars. At all.

Can I just get a 240z with some flares, panasports (or Hayashi 505s), and the proper spoiler and air dam? I want to make this car in game and drive it all day, every day.

http://speedhunters.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.05.46.47/IMG_5F00_2870_5F00_1920x1200.jpg_2D00_672x9999999.jpg[/MG]

It won't be [i]quite[/i] as dirty, though. [B]And will FM4 have the option to give a car a matte paint job?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes please say they will....I had this exact pic as a background on my machine for a while. So damn sexy

Iknos

Ty4on said:
Isn't there no open wheelers on the track due to the physics? I mean the Halo car is basically an open wheeler with its exposed suspension.
I thought it had to do with no suspension animations beIng the reason for open wheelers not being In the game. Warthog has two steering axles and that is why it isn't playable the physics do not support that.

Hope things work out for you Amar.

Top Bottom