• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

DasRaven

The_Monk said:
So if we order the LE and get the Season pass, one of those DLC's will be a repeat?

Yes, the American Muscle pack is included in both the LCE and Season Pass.

Now that I think about it, I need to buy the 360 ChatPad and set aside a few hours just for the initial installation of FM4.
Game+Disc2+ShipBonus+VIP+AmericanMuscle+M5fan+BMWart+Day1track+PreOrder1M+PreOrderWRX+SeasonPass+BMWtheme+FM3ProfileImport... so far.

fm4_american_muscle_dlkeky.jpg

DAT GRASS

It is a good idea. It let's those who don't want to spend the extra cash on the LE get the pack. And comboing with the Season Pass is actually a really good deal because you are already saving money in the long run by getting it.

Edit: Ugh, I don't understand everyone's obsession with the GT500. The GT350 actually WON races and was a legit race car. The GT500 was just heavy crap.

30% saving is good for the car packs but if it's only just that, cars, then I am not interested.

I only have all the f3 dlc because I grabbed the UE for £6.99.

When it's just cars in the pack I have little need, it's a shame but I can't get excited over just cars, needs some kind of event to go with it.

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Edit: Ugh, I don't understand everyone's obsession with the GT500. The GT350 actually WON races and was a legit race car. The GT500 was just heavy crap.
it looks cool, thats it

U2NUMB

amar212 said:
I lost EVERYTHING regarding my Forza 3 game last night.

LV50 career, 300+ uniquely LV5 cars with modifications, hundreds hours of offline and online playtime, VIP status, VIP content, Turn 10 VIP community prizes, Turn 10 prize cars and TopGear DLC that came on Ultimate Collection card.

I bought a new SlimBox, used USB to transfer gamesave from my FaxtBox and had no idea that FM saves are encrypted. I mean, I was not told about it by console or whatever. Few minutes later everything was gone. My original gamesave was not recognized by the game on the new console and because I used "move" function during transfer ("copy" was not available) original gamesave is no longer accessible.

Marketplace does not want to grant me rights to redeem my VIP/DLC/TopGear codes because it finds them *used* and I can't access any of the content I have payed for. And yes, I have transfered my DRM license in the very minute I booted new console to LIve, so that is not the issue.

I am beyond words. I bought a new X360 Kinect bundle just to play Forza 4 on it and was looking forward into having all my driving games installed and available onto one console. Needless to say how my Forza 2 gamesave is also inaccessible and how my whole Forza 2 career is also gone for good.

Dear NeoGaf members, NEVER USE USB TRANSFER FOR data management of Forza gamesaves. NEVER. EVER.

My latenight internet search revealed how ONLY probable secure way to transfer savefiles of Forza games between FatBox and SlimBox is by using some Transfer Cable which I can't even purchase anywhere.

I am beyond words. BUt if nothing else, I have successfully received Mazda RX-7 unicorn car as a T10 prize for pre-ordering FM4. However, I think my enthusiasm for Forza series have reached the lowest level imaginable. My whole FM2 and FM3 careers lost, my all DLC lost, everything made in both games lost.

Damn.

So very sorry to read this. Same thing happened to me with Forza 2 and I was in a daze for a number of days wondering what the hell happened.

Such a shitty thing to have happen as like you said there is NO warning. Hope you get your passion back before F4 but I fully understand the frustration and anger.

eek5

Hopefully the muscle pack is a seperate code outside of VIP code so it isn't wasted since I'll probably be in for a season pass. :)

eek5

Wait. The pass is 2400 ms points for 6 packs. They say it is 30% cheaper. Weren't packs 400ms points in F3? So packs are 30% more expensive now? T__T

eso76

Wow, what the hell happened here ?
Suddenly tons of pics and a trailer too ?

a) Indy looks gorgeous (also alternate time of day confirmed).
I found the track annoying as fuck in other games, but it has to be said this one looks great.

b) Muscle car trailer; well, fuck me sideways. Of course it's just homespace snippents, so while i am impressed that doesn't say much about what the game looks like; was hoping to see some gameplay at the end of the video.

c) Muscle car pack pictures: these are probably the best fm4 pics i've seen so far. First time i actually thought i was looking at real life pics.

Also.
Badned saying journalists can't reveal all is great news.
Should mean there's a couple surprises for us.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
eek5 said:
Well it's only 6 months of DLC right? I thought there were 12 pieces of DLC planned
Yeah. I meant it more in the sense where I hope that like the Gears pass, you own the DLC forever, and the season pass isn't a limited offer and is available forever should you feel confident enough to take the plunge.

brotkasten said:
The fact that you can finally buy every car individually, makes the season pass less attractive for me. It's still a good option.
you can? oh well then the season pass is 100% useless to me, those few cars I really want will be about all I buy.

eso76

Xanadu said:
fuck yea sedona!

And Silveerstone !

Well, Sedona is a great track for racing. My problem with it is i couldn't stand that palette and i always tried to avoid it in career. As a result, a good looking sedona in fm4 would basically be a new track for me.

eso76 said:
And Silveerstone !

Well, Sedona is a great track for racing. My problem with it is i couldn't stand that palette and i always tried to avoid it in career. As a result, a good looking sedona in fm4 would basically be a new track for me.
I hated it as well it looked like the whole track was died orange, blah...

stewy

Dumb question - how do you get all the preorder stuff? Am I supposed to be sending a pic of my preorder receipt to T10 or something?

Sorry if this has been covered. I haven't been paying close attention to this thread or forzamotorsport.net.

eso76

Xanadu said:
wont happen but we all agree

it's confirmed they're working on 'other tracks' ("most wanted tracks").
Still not clear whether they're going to be available as DLC and when, though.

eek5

BenjaminBirdie said:
So, can someone explain how the "Ship Bonus" pack works?

Also, there's no VIP thing anymore in 4?
Probably a code included in the first couple packaging runs.

VIP is still part of LCE

DasRaven

BenjaminBirdie said:
So, can someone explain how the "Ship Bonus" pack works?

Also, there's no VIP thing anymore in 4?

First X,000 packaged copies of the game will include a content card for a set of 5 cars.

There is VIP and it works the same as FM3, LCE buyers get it automatically. Most expect that eventually, it will become a marketplace download in the future as it did in FM3.

AlanzTalon said:
where do you see that?
I read it on fm.net. Can't find it on the page, but forzacentral mentioned it too.

- You choose what you want from a DLC pack. Browse the constantly growing library of Forza Motorsport 4 DLC add-ons via the brand new in-game marketplace. Buy your favorite cars by the pack or individually. New DLC vehicles are automatically integrated into Forza 4 for you to enjoy right away.

DasRaven said:
First X,000 packaged copies of the game will include a content card for a set of 5 cars.

There is VIP and it works the same as FM3, LCE buyers get it automatically. Most expect that eventually, it will become a marketplace download in the future.

It didn't seem like they mentioned Gift Cars much. I'm wondering if it's as worth it this time around.

DasRaven said:
Yes, the American Muscle pack is included in both the LCE and Season Pass.

Now that I think about it, I need to buy the 360 ChatPad and set aside a few hours just for the initial installation of FM4.
Game+Disc2+ShipBonus+VIP+AmericanMuscle+M5fan+BMWart+Day1track+PreOrder1M+PreOrderWRX+SeasonPass+BMWtheme+FM3ProfileImport... so far.

A lot of times those codes are bundle together into one code. Also you could redeem code via Xbox.com.

Though I do hope that muscle pack is separated on LCE so I can give the extra away.

brotkasten said:
I read it on fm.net. Can't find it on the page, but forzacentral mentioned it too.

ah. well that could be useful. I imagine it is one of the deals where downloading any one car adds them all to your hard drive so they appear correctly as opponents.

Season pass is tempting but I see no mention of tracks as DLC. If at least 2 of those DLC packs have tracks I'll buy the season pass. Without tracks I'm sure the 500+ cars in the game and LE are enough to satiate my car needs.

@amar - Croatia eh? I'm traveling there next year for vacation, starting in Dubrovnik and ending up in Zagreb (most likely, still planning) and probably getting married there (I'm in the US). Beautiful country you got there!

EDIT: meh, just adding to ignore instead of shitting up the thread.

DasRaven

antiquegamer said:
A lot of times those codes are bundle together into one code. Also you could redeem code via Xbox.com.

Though I do hope that muscle pack is separated on LCE so I can give the extra away.

Thanks, I completely forgot you can redeem via Xbox.com, you just saved me $30 for the chatpad. I'm with you on the car pack, I'd love to trade it for one of the pre-order cars I'm missing.

mclaren777 said:
You are easily impressed.

Sure why not be? Unless you think I should start thinking the way you do. From what I can recall in my time at Neogaf you seem to hate any racing game that comes out. To the point that whenever I see that avatar I know it is going to be something negative about the topic.

EDIT: Beaten by flyinpiranha

BADNED

The season pass was a late addition also the press release is a bit irritating, typical marketing department but I had the info at one point that the season pass will be included with the LCE. I don't have the full confirmation on that one so I can't give a guarantee on that one for the moment. Hope T10 will clear this up tomorrow in the WIR.

The people in that last shot look fantastic, I know it's because of motion blur and such but that looks almost real.

I wish they'd mention at least a couple tracks available for DLC. I will probably get the season pass regardless, after spending so much on my setup what's another $30 going to hurt lol.

Lionheart1827 said:
Same thing happened to me last month, only I just changed my gamertag. I read the forza forums that changing gamertags works fine and nothing happens. I guess I was one of the really unlucky ones because now, even though my save and data is still all there, it always loads up thinking I'm a new player. So fucking frustrating. Of course, I emailed turn 10 and got no reply. What a waste. Lost my perfect career with level 50. I feel ya.

Wow, so many of you have problem with your save. I moved my saves (both Forza 2 and 3) around so many times and never have problem (but now I am going to be paranoid). Actually after I read Amar post last night I went and check my old Forza 2 save that I moved from my old 360 to the slim and it woks. You have to remember to re-download all your DLC before you start the game or your save will not work since it's looking for stuff that you have in your save file that you don't have install on your 360.

I know that the save game are tie to gamertag so if you have new gamertag then you save would not work. I am not sure where you read that it would. This is true for most of the 360 save files. If you just change your gamertag name then it should work, because I change my gamertag name few years back and all my saves work fine with the current tag.

edit: OMG, at all those muscle cars pictures!

Top Bottom