• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

amar212 said:
This new Token system is just further development on that foundations, by initial problem is something that really buggers me.

For instance, I have ordered a LCE Edition and I will be getting like 20+ cars as a bonus. From FM3 experience, I will have to purchase them all with in-game currency before actually *having* them. And yes, that is pretty much crazy.

Didn't they said that we can now pick what prize we want for our level up? And yes, totally agree about how over prices those cars are in Forza 3. For someone who doesn't have the time to make stuff to sell on auction house you are pretty much have to grind to get those cars. I mean I understand they want to make those rare cars hard to get and rare but I think they just went overboard.

Captain Bluey said:
In game tokens are just a short cut. You dont have to use them. But the idea of spending real world money unlocking in-game items really grates with me. Its all the stuff that I hate about EA's sports games. I thought Dan was better than that.

One thing worth keeping in mind is that it's gamers who have created demand for such transactions, not "greedy companies". Real money grey markets for in-game items and characters have been integral parts of some online communities for years now (not necessarily all, I have no idea whether there have been such occurrences in the Forza community, but with any popular online game with any sort of unlocks or progression it's only a matter of time). Some people would rather pay money to get an in-game item, be it a sword, a gun or a car, than work for it. Those things won't go away, you can only fight them to a certain extent, so what companies are doing is simply cutting the middle man and taking the money themselves. But again, it's gamers who have created that demand - maybe not people like you and me, but gamers.

saladine1

What an awesome intro Turn 10!
Petrol, cams, enjoyment, V8's, racing,rebel attitude....that's what i'm talking about!
A far cry from the FM3 trailer of happy,hold hands while singing kumbaya rubbish....!!!

AMUSIX

So, we are losing 25 ribbons. But gaining how many?

Oh, and trying to remember how many ribbons we were losing, I came across a LOT of posts from pre forza3 release all sure of the regular track DLC we were going to see. I still firmly believe that we will see no more than two track DLC, with one of them being a missing old track (Bugatti or Positano).

TheOddOne

Holy shit REMEMBER CITADEL is back.

dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

Xanadu

Banned
saladine1 said:
Petrol, cams, enjoyment, V8's, racing,rebel attitude....that's what i'm talking about!
A far cry from the FM3 trailer of happy,hold hands while singing kumbaya rubbish....!!!
lol agree

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Not available on mobile!

Fuck me up the ass xanadu!

(lol)

^ that's my arsehole btw lol

I'm kidding bro, I love you

TheOddOne said:
Holy shit REMEMBER CITADEL is back.

dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

I've been here for a while, I just don't post very often anymore, especially in the gaming section. To tell you the truth, I haven't really been into gaming for months now, but' it'll come back. It always does.

TheOddOne

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
I've been here for a while, I just don't post very often anymore, especially in the gaming section. To tell you the truth, I haven't really been into gaming for months now, but' it'll come back. It always does.
Ohh, still I like your brand of hilarity :p

eso76

saladine1 said:

i think the Top Gear crew has a lot to do with it.

i believe they are the ones who filmed and edited the video; classic Top Gear cinematography.

saladine1

eso76 said:
exactly what i was currently drooling on.

My God this video is scary. Shift who ?
My neighbours won't be happy

maybe i'm overexcited but it looks like we hadn't seen the real fm4 until today.
holy crap
Holy shit at the sound!
I will bring my house down through these sounds..

That's exactly what FM needed. Some slight 'speed effects' to add to the immersion and it seems that it's spot on. It does look scarier at high speeds than in FM3. Well done.
I'm excited.

Grassy

OMFG...those videos....the SOUND, THE SOUND@!@@@#@$#@

My neighbours will fucking hate me when I'm cranking Forza 4 through the home theater, suck it down biotches! Graphically it looks great, even the mirrors look to have a very high level of detail.

GET HYPED

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
eso76 said:
i can understand but at least you'll be productive at work, which i can't be atm.
I'm a guard at a university! I don't have to do anything right now lol!

If Xanadu was impressed by one of those vids then I'll probably get a seizure when I see it.

adelante

Slayer-33 said:
I'm a guard at a university! I don't have to do anything right now lol!

If Xanadu was impressed by one of those vids then I'll probably get a seizure when I see it.

Then perhaps you should take comfort in the fact that you're not putting yourself through such pains. heheee

Slayer-33 said:
I feel ya bro!

I'm pacing back and forward right now lol

My work completely block anything with you-tube even on our hospital guest wi-fi. I can't get 3g signal where I am so when I go to lunch I am going to see if I can watch it on my windows phone browser.

I think these guys post all the reaction just to taunt those of us that can't watch it atm.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Notice how the embargo is like a whole 3 weeks before release, :p this level of confidence in your product is always good.

Top Bottom