• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Mascot said:
Dan never fails to give a great presentation. The man's a natural public speaker. Even though he's covered the same ground maybe hundered of times in various press events it always comes across with passion and enthusiasm. Good stuff.

That's because he does care ... and now that we're getting more information I feel guilty for all the mean things I said =(

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
LowerLevel said:
I am just assuming he is "cleaning up" his keyboard from all the awsomeness being shown... maybe not but that's what I take it as.

No it's because he can't believe that he didn't enjoy the first 2 games considering they were arguably better, specially from a gameplay pov.

I liked all of them so far though :p

shinnn

cockpit_vettedur9.gif
cockpit_zonda_miataluo7.gif

Xanadu

Banned
does anyone know details of the racing suits? i'm guessing you start with the basic forza ones and upgrade to the alpinestars ones

Mascot

Holy shit at this flood of awesomeness, this ejaculation of Godly info-juice. GAF Valley: once barren, now fertile.

All hail the Bearded One. Huzzah!

Neo 007

Quick question.

If you have pre-ordered Forza 4 do you still have to pay for the Muscle car pack thats being released along side it on day 1?

Or is that included as well?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Neo 007 said:
Quick question.

If you have pre-ordered Forza 4 do you still have to pay for the Muscle car pack thats being released along side it on day 1?

Or is that included as well?
Included in the LCE. 560MSP or Season Pass for regular edition.

skyfinch

Xanadu said:
does anyone know details of the racing suits? i'm guessing you start with the basic forza ones and upgrade to the alpinestars ones

In a couple videos, Dan has mentioned that you can customize the racing suits. He even said someone in turn 10 paints custom suits for when they play top gear soccer. Maybe you can add some colour or decals to your suit in the livery editor. Regardless, anything is better than the ugly ass grey suit and gloves from FM3.

sneaky77

So since I just bought my first wheel.. I would like to ask of people that have them. Tips on driving with it? downshifting stuff like that?

Xanadu

Banned
sneaky77 said:
So since I just bought my first wheel.. I would like to ask of people that have them. Tips on driving with it? downshifting stuff like that?
it will probably feel weird at first, but after a while you'll get used to it and set faster lap times tahn you did with the gamepad, at least thats what happened with me. but i've been playing sims with a wheel since around 2002

sneaky77

Xanadu said:
it will probably feel weird at first, but after a while you'll get used to it and set faster lap times tahn you did with the gamepad, at least thats what happened with me. but i've been playing sims with a wheel since around 2002

so any downshifting tips? lol

paskowitz

shinnn said:
Radical SR8 at Nurburgring (Offscreen)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFrtxpayiQc

edit: you can also see Silverstone in the other screen.

I will probably get torn apart for saying this... but I am so fucking tired of the Nurburgring being unrealistically wider in Forza. The WHOLE point of the track is its challenge and that challenge is severely reduced when the karussell is a 4 car lengths wide. I know this may seem a little extreme but The Ring is, excuse the pun, is the one track to rule them all (rivaled only by Spa). People lap it 1000's of times just to master it. That joy dies when stuff like this happens. All in the name of what? A better MP experience? While I have not played FM4... I have eyes and my eyes tell me the track has not changed...

Xanadu

Banned
yes its wide and yes its not accurate enough, but i didnt expect any better, i just hope they have alternate time of day

sneaky77

From that video it doesnt seem that wide.. I mean, maybe 2 cars wide, but not the 4 that's mentioned.. at least thats the impression I get, I am not very familiar with is though, so nevermind me lol. I never liked that track in any game all that much

Xanadu

Banned
sneaky77 said:
From that video it doesnt seem that wide.. I mean, maybe 2 cars wide, but not the 4 that's mentioned.. at least thats the impression I get, I am not very familiar with is though, so nevermind me lol. I never liked that track in any game all that much
it is the ultimate track, if you master this track IRL you can pretty much race them all

GT5 did the ring so well I wasn't too bothered about how Forza's turned out, to me at least between GT and Forza I've got pretty much everything I need from racing games this generation.

Getting a similar feeling watching the 908 down the Mulsanne straight, in GT my heart is in my mouth, fearing a little twitch would fuck the whole race up for me, in that video it looks a little smooth, casual, totally in control.

Maybe he has aids on, I dunno.

Megasoum

Banned
Xanadu said:
i want some previews from some hardcore guys

come on inside sim racing

Not a big fan of ISR (they always like everything... Let's just say I wasn't surprised when Darin went to work for Fanatec...) but I can't wait for TeamVVV's videos and opinions.

Forza GAF, what are you guys doing.

Amar shared with us his sad story of losing his F3 save, and then put up a design on the storefront so we could help him require lost cars, and when I go to purchase the gaf aid design I see only 3 people have bought it!

Come on guys I know we can do better than that.

erahk64

paskowitz said:
I will probably get torn apart for saying this... but I am so fucking tired of the Nurburgring being unrealistically wider in Forza. The WHOLE point of the track is its challenge and that challenge is severely reduced when the karussell is a 4 car lengths wide. .

It looks like the Carousel is 3-4 car lengths wide in the widest part

2YIAM.jpg

p3hOJ.jpg

Jube3

soundscream said:

Amar shared with us his sad story of losing his F3 save, and then put up a design on the storefront so we could help him require lost cars, and when I go to purchase the gaf aid design I see only 3 people have bought it!

Amar should be good to go on funds :)

skyfinch

soundscream said:

I will definitely help out. Didn't see his post anywhere, or it got lost in all the FM4 floodgate posts. What's the name of the design?

Edit, looks like Jube has it covered.

skyfinch

soundscream said:
Good, but still a poor showing on our end.

Damn. Feel bad now.

I was skipping a lot of posts in this thread and just looking for new media. He should have posted in the FM3 thread. This one's saturated with all the new stuff.

Megasoum

Banned
Jube3 said:
Amar should be good to go on funds :)

Hey Jube3, any plans for streaming you making decals and design for FM4 like you did with FM3 before it came out? It was awesome to spend a couple of hours look at you making crazy design while chatting with the community in the chat.

Unlike in Forza 3, DLC cars will be seamlessly integrated into World Tour mode—both as AI cars in races as well as in-game gifts you can be rewarded when reaching a new level.

Yeah, I always hate that AI drove the same cars in every race in FM3. I am curious how and which cars get swap with the DLC cars or better yet if I can do a custom without having to go in an set up fake multiplayer match.

soundscream said:

I've been out running errands ill do this as soon as I get home!

Just got home and did a search, it is off the storefront?! Come on, we were willing to help but I didn't see his post anywhere and I've been scouring this thread for hours with a couple breaks here and there!

I am beyond excited and the 11th cannot come soon enough.

Shift 2 just did not "click" for me; the controls are a bit too twitchy and the cars feel secondary to the racing. I need Forza 4.

Bathurst is one hell of a track though. Wow. I understand the love it gets here and anxiously await the day it comes to Forza.

okenny

Banned
skyfinch said:

I saw this video in the morning before I went to work and I don't know if it's been discussed yet but I felt very confused.

This is a new video right?

The blue car in front of the driver's car is a Porsche right (...or wrong?)?

If I'm right so far then does that mean Porsches are back in or is this really old footage. Were Porsches in at one point and then taken out?

eek5

BCD2 said:
It's got something to do Kinect auto-throttle/brake. Check out the tach while under braking in that second video. Weird.
Ah good catch. He must be playing with every assist known to man checked on lol

Top Bottom