• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

mclaren777

nib95 said:
Everything looks awesome except I feel there's not quite enough suspension feedback whilst racing. Almost feels like you're gliding around with less effort and feedback than it ought to, until you hit extreme top speeds, only then do you really see some impact, cockpit view anyway.
I'm glad someone else brought that up so I didn't have to. I noticed it especially under heavy braking. The tires don't behave like they're actually touching the ground. I noticed this behavior while playing at PAX and I was hoping it would be ironed out before final release.

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
Read on xboxygen.com that new gameplay cameras position/angles are better, especially cockpit view, you're now sitting back further in the car (like with the FOV trick in FM3).
The EA/Porsche question was taboo for everyone also, when asked Dan answer was "no comment".

Also read some comments about the new physics, no-assist steering and feel of the road, they're all very positive!

eso76

cjelly said:
Has there been any footage of Sedona yet?

nope, no sedona yet, no amalfi.
i believe we've seen le mans and the ring in the latest trailer
sunset peninsula in one of gametrailer's vid

saladine1

I just noticed in the Zonda video how the car jumps and skips while taking a sweeper at high speed....wonderful...

Also, noticed how the factory gear whine is changing pitch as revs build in each gear...wonderful again....

mclaren777

Falagard said:
If it weren't for the overblown specular on the road when facing the sun, the game would look absolutely amazing.
I agree. The lighting and shaders look amazing but the "bloom bleed" in this game is a little ridiculous at times. Some of the snowy sections in the Alps really annoyed me at PAX.

cjelly said:
There have been screens of Amalfi, though.

Just flat-out nothing for Sedona is weird.

Strangely enough Sedona was one of my least favorite tracks when I played with a controller (hired a driver almost every time it came up during career) but after I got a wheel it's one of my favorites. That little quick zig zag on the outside part is one my favorite sections of track now.

flyinpiranha said:
Strangely enough Sedona was one of my least favorite tracks when I played with a controller (hired a driver almost every time it came up during career) but after I got a wheel it's one of my favorites. That little quick zig zag on the outside part is one my favorite sections of track now.

I love many of the corners of the Club circuit, hate the oval and so dislike the full course since it uses almost all of the oval.

amar212

Sedona was okey, it was even convincing on some strange SF way.

But stadium portion of the Camino, or Ladera in general... meh. Nobody would ever build such configurations for racing anywhere, anytime.

Jamesways

Wazzim said:
The new footage made me even more hyped, racing game of the forever.

Ditto, I'm blown away by some of these videos. The Zonda R ones, the lighting time of day comparison one on Hockenheim, WOW!

also, that Clarkson intro. It gets me on a few different levels, not only to hype for the game, but the goddamn truth of the depressing state of the auto industry re: motorsports and sports cars in general.

fucking CARB, they ruin everything.

The_Monk

Anyone getting special codes on your stores?

I think I will be getting one token do download the BMW 1 Series M Coupe. Anyone else with some local pre-order bonus?

EDIT: Thanks for the video shinnn

shinnn

Dan presentation in Munich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEr9oScqzKc

bonus

gamespot_gtr_maple9z7m.gif
gamespot_zondaxa30.gif

abracadaver

MagniHarvald said:
Honestly, I'm pissed. You *should* be able to 100% a game without buying outside accessories. Poor decision there.

Not the first game to do that. Rainbow six vegas had an achievement for scanning your head in with the vision camera. Burnout paradise also had some achievements that required the vision cam.

MagniHarvald said:
Honestly, I'm pissed. You *should* be able to 100% a game without buying outside accessories. Poor decision there.

Did you 100% Forza 3? I could see getting mad if you did that. But when asked about this specific concern he mentioned that people that 100% the achievements were so minuscule it was smaller than the people he saw bitching on the forums about it on various websites.

Basically (IMO) what he was saying is "some are just looking for a reason to bitch, most likely those bitching never planned on 100% the game".

EDIT: Here it is:
Eurogamer: You can't get all of Forza 4's Achievements without having Kinect. Some of our readers who like to get all the Achievements in a game reacted strongly to that. Why did you think Kinect specific Achievements were the right thing to do?

Dan Greenawalt: Part of it is, there is the reality of what people say about collecting Achievements, and there's what they say. We have all the stats on which Achievements were achieved in Forza 3. There was an Achievement, for example, for finishing every event in the event list. There were Achievements for collecting some of the most expensive cars in the game. And the number of people who have that Achievement is less than I've seen across all the forums so far, arguing about getting all of them.

So that's the general principle. And then there's the actuality. If you look at how many people got that Achievement in Forza 3, it was a minuscule number of people. Now we have 50 per cent more events, so minuscule minus one will be how many people get it.

I've seen on the forums people saying, I don't like this, I'm going to be forced to get a Kinect. I'm like, you wouldn't have got all the Achievements anyways. Statistically, some people will. But when I look at the number of people who argue about this and that...

I have tremendous respect for gamers. I don't want to say I know you're wrong, I'm just saying, statistically, some people are not quite being truthful.

Xun said:
Is it possible for some last minute surprise announcements?

Anything is possible!!
probably not

Magni

abracadaver said:
Not the first game to do that. Rainbow six vegas had an achievement for scanning your head in with the vision camera. Burnout paradise also had some achievements that required the vision cam.

I know, and I was pissed at both of these
despite having a vision cam on hand

Game looks splendid otherwise.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DAT DAMAGE LOCALIZATION

DAT IBL ON FUJIMI KAIDO

HNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DAT CLARKSON INTRO

DAT CORVETTE SOUND

Why do you keep pulling me back in Turn10?

SPEEDxNASTY said:
The real one is a mix of flat and glossy CF.

Yeah yeah I see what you mean.

I downloaded some skins for the Forza 3 model, from a distance it looked pretty convincing so I wonder why Turn10 went with the solid black look again.

Parts of the car (wheel arches maybe?) did have the weave showing.

Frankfurt

Banned
MagniHarvald said:

And yet, you pretend there isn't an achievement for importing from Forza 3 (something outside Forza 4, you know). Hilarious.

Mascot

Fuck all of you! Stop talking about awesome videos that I can't see on my iPhone! I demand everyone waits until 10pm GMT (when I should be getting home).

Deal?

skyfinch

Mascot said:
Fuck all of you! Stop talking about awesome videos that I can't see on my iPhone! I demand everyone waits until 10pm GMT (when I should be getting home).

Deal?

Deal. I called Al Gore and told him to put the internet on pause until 10am, so take your time.

Magni

Frankfurt said:
And yet, you pretend there isn't an achievement for importing from Forza 3 (something outside Forza 4, you know). Hilarious.

I didn't pretend, I didn't know (I haven't looked at the achievement list). Thanks for jumping to conclusions though.

Double bad decision there.

Top Bottom