• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

AMUSIX

And on top of that we told them that we’re going to be working with Top Gear, and that we aren’t in a position, nor do we want to be in a position, to edit Top Gear. We want this to be an equal relationship, where they provide the colour commentary, and we provide the play-by-play. So we told the manufacturers they’re going to be treated as fairly in our game as they are on Top Gear itself.

So....no Tesla Autovista confirmed?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
AMUSIX said:
So....no Tesla Autovista confirmed?

I imagine Clarkson would be saying something like this:

"This is the Tesla Roadster. And since the manufacturer is suing Top Gear for libel, that's all I'm going to say about it!"

That would be an epic troll if he has the balls to do it.

Jamesways said:
Watch 'em show some drag strips and ovals.
Heh.

Needs more Zandvoort.

Polyphony actually game to Zandvoort. I was just hanging around when I saw Yamauchi there with some other Japanese guys. There was a Press Event as well and I kind of expected the circuit to make it into GT5, unfortunately it didn't. Would be cool to see it in a game though, for once.

EDIT: I'll give the guy that runs the circuit a call, see if he knows anything.

Mascot

Finally got round to reading the gamesTM article on Forza 4. For those of you without a copy, here is a summary:

untitled.jpg

DasRaven

cjelly said:
Welcome the 2011 Nissan Leaf, 1998 Nissan R390, and 1970 Nissan Datsun 510 to Forza 4! #Forza #ForzaGarage

OK, Dan, that's plenty of hybrids/electrics for the game.
This would've been a perfect time to announce the 180sx/R89C/R92CP/GTP ZX-T.

eso76

LeBoef said:
fm3 gamescom didnt have any reveals. i wouldnt hope too much.

Well, but back then they didn't have a German track to unveil.
Hockenheim would be appropriate for the event.

Or I'd be satisfied to see how the new/revamped Nordschleife (morning and dusk, please) looks like in fm4.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The Nissan Leaf? Come on, for Gran Turismo, that's fine, but real machines only here plz.

I'll only touch the Leaf during car soccer, thanks.

I doubt I am ever really going to use the Leaf, but you could have some fun races with friends in those things. Plus I am curious just how "tuned" you could make one of those, or what kind of engine swaps are available.

RB26 powered Leaf anyone?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
So if you select a car like the Leaf and want to do a really long race, how do they recharge the battery?

ghibli99

Leaf? :p The instant torque of the all-electric would be good for, like twinturbo2 said, something like car soccer or other minigames. I doubt it will be usable for much else in the game.

With all these electric/hybrid cars in the game, not to mention the Top Gear license, what are the odds that the incredible, impeccably engineered Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust makes the cut?

You know you want to, Turn 10.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Spaceman Spiff said:
With all these electric/hybrid cars in the game, not to mention the Top Gear license, what are the odds that the incredible, impeccably engineered Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust makes the cut?

You know you want to, Turn 10.
I saw that episode last week, it was awesome.

Mascot

cjelly said:
Welcome the 2011 Nissan Leaf, 1998 Nissan R390, and 1970 Nissan Datsun 510 to Forza 4! #Forza #ForzaGarage

If your favourite car doesn't make the cut it's because this one was deemed more important.

supersaw

What the fuck though? Is Nissan paying them to put that in? Doesn't the game itself generate enough revenue? I can understand cars like that as free DLC but announcing the Leaf and PT-Cruiser as though it's something to be proud of?

eso76

well, at least it has an interesting cockpit

qeCf7.jpg

and it's probably the perfect choice for car soccer or whatever weird thing they came up with.

I'd rather have this than the hundred muscle cars, but i understand people need something to put those flames vinyl shapes on :p

Mascot

Thought for the day: with the recent additional content and evolving change of emphasis in the franchise (autovista, Top Gear challenges etc), I wonder if the next game will simply be called "Forza 5" with the word "Motorsport" dropped from the title? Or maybe a name change to something like "Forza Automotive"..?

Mascot said:
Thought for the day: with the recent additional content and evolving change of emphasis in the franchise (autovista, Top Gear challenges etc), I wonder if the next game will simply be called "Forza 5" with the word "Motorsport" dropped from the title? Or maybe a name change to something like "Forza Automotive"..?
Forza.
World.

eso76

Mascot said:
Ah, but that's a different game entirely, no?

who knows ?
i don't think it's an entirely new game; maybe just a sandbox massively multiplayer environment for Forza 4/5 cars, maybe a TDU like spin off

LeBoef

user_nat said:
So if you select a car like the Leaf and want to do a really long race, how do they recharge the battery?

a reason why i think they ll cut even more racing based things. fm3 tirewear and fuel consumption are very simple. i'm not going to be surprised if they simplify it more.

Kabouter

cjelly said:
Datsun 510, is that the one you could upgrade to out-accelerate a stock Veyron in Forza 3?

twinturbo2 said:
I imagine Clarkson would be saying something like this:

"This is the Tesla Roadster. And since the manufacturer is suing Top Gear for libel, that's all I'm going to say about it!"

That would be an epic troll if he has the balls to do it.

I wouldn't doubt Jeremy saying that, but I highly doubt that Turn 10 would want to get involved in that shit throwing^^

user_nat said:

Put more kitchen scraps in Mr. Fusion.

Alternatively, maybe you don't get to recharge it. You race the Leaf, it drains 'fuel' like all the cars in FM3 but when you pit, it doesn't get filled up.

gtmax

I know the game supports the GT2 Fanatec wheel, but will T10 throw in support for those of us with the GT3RS wheel? If so that would make this game complete for me. Can't wait to try that new tire model.

G Rom

The GT3RS isn't even Xbox 360 compatible as far as I know so how do you expect Turn 10 to support it in Forza 4 ?

I'm glad we're seeing some hybrid/electric cars (including small ones). Some hydrogen cars would be nice too. Beside, it's not like Turn 10 added the ugly Peugeot iOn, the Leaf looks pretty good at least.
Speaking of electrics/hybrid I, for one, would gladly welcome the Jaguar C-X75, the Porsche 918, the Venturi Fétish, the BMW i series (especially the beautiful BMW Concept Vision Efficient Dynamics) and of course the Nismo Leaf RC in Forza Motorsport. :)

Duallusion[QUOTE said:
I hope we'll be able to choose "no-damage-AT-ALL" (or perhaps "mechanical-but-not-visual") option this time. I'm not much of a photographer (or a racing driver, for that matter), but if I wanted to take a nice racing photo mid-race in F3, I had to be really careful not to even slightly bump any other car if I didn't want to have my tail lights or car paint immediately swapped with those (pretty lame but still much better then nothing) "damage textures". That and proper exporting might actually make me take more photos this time around.

Apologies if that no-damage option actually was available in F3 and I've missed it.

A bit late but I can't believe I forgot that option in my list. NFS:HP has it and it's wonderful (although, photo mode in that game is lackluster). I had to abuse rewind in FM3 because of the ugly damages.

CrudeDiatribe said:
Put more kitchen scraps in Mr. Fusion.

Alternatively, maybe you don't get to recharge it. You race the Leaf, it drains 'fuel' like all the cars in FM3 but when you pit, it doesn't get filled up.
Six hour pitstops, racing of the future!

Megasoum

Banned
gtmax said:
I know the game supports the GT2 Fanatec wheel, but will T10 throw in support for those of us with the GT3RS wheel? If so that would make this game complete for me. Can't wait to try that new tire model.

The GT3RS is not compatible with the Xbox 360. Doesn't have anything to do Turn 10... Fanatec only ever had two wheels compatible with the 360. The Turbo S and now the GT2. You would need to physicaly change the hardware inside your GT3 to add 360 support, nothing T10 can do about that.

Megasoum

Banned
Doodis said:
Were drag races in the career? I'm on season five now and have never encountered one.

I remember seing them in the 3 choices after some of the races. I hated them not because the actual drag was boring (it was fine) but it took FOREVER. Like 3 races with 3 heats each in the same car on the same drag strip...ugh...

saladine1

Xanadu said:
yes theres a whole section of them, most boring shit ever
The drag racing in FM3 was terrible, absolutely terrible.
I remember Dan Greenawalt saying during the FM3 marketing phase that they don't do shit half arsed. If they couldn't replicate a proper drag racing mode, they wouldn't do it.
I'm sorry Mr. Greenawalt but the drag racing was half arsed, sir.

I also remember them wanting to add proper staging procedures but they felt it didn't "fit in" with Forza Motorsport. But car soccer does fit in....?

Anyway, for the drag racing mode to be effective, it has to be replicated properly. This means:

Staging,working trees,reaction times,red lights,the ability to fucking launch the car realistically ffs, tubs(fat slick rear tyres) and cheese-cutters(skinny front tyres),some laughing gas, chassis mods, diiferential mods...and on and on and on.
That's a lot of work for an all rounded game so either get it closer to the real thing or just drop the mode altogether...

Top Bottom