• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Mascot

shinnn said:

That's just... wonderful.

What really comes across is that a lot more thought, a lot more consideration is being given to how people interact with the game. I've got a feeling that Forza 4 will be an absolute joy to play, to navigate around.

Fuck, never mind the cars - this whole game is looking so, so polished.

Mascot

derFeef said:
Hot damn, I hope we get some tracks where the IBL and reflections make the cars look as good as in the Top Gear carspace.

Looks terrific, doesn't it? IBL in full effect, yo. It even makes the white warehouse look a little bland by comparison.

Is it pretty much confirmed now that the white warehouse is the only AV environment in FM4?

I still feel robbed about losing my FM3 save :( no importing supercars for me or skipping the first 50 level of 500, which I am guessing will happen.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Diablohead said:
I still feel robbed about losing my FM3 save :( no importing supercars for me or skipping the first 50 level of 500, which I am guessing will happen.

We are gonna farm some cars bro farm!

Holy shit @ Jeremy dissing Porsche LOL.... (Merc Autovista)

Diablohead said:

You have time. Pedal to the metal! I know I'm playing a few races here and there. Not sure how far I'll get but hell, it's Forza!

I also lost my save when I installed the UE.

shinnn said:
one more...damnnn...

fm4_m3_homespace9ont.gif
HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Dans fucking beamer man FUCK.

Watch the fucking video people! Stuff we've seen before but just 2 different cars being displayed changes everything all over. The experience is just mindbogglingly sexy.

This game is going to make us REALLY happy man.

I love how he says "I don't expect you to collect 100 cars" only your 5-10 favorite cars that matter to you.

I don't know about you but I'm going to collect every fucking car in the game, it's going to take AGES.

JESUS FUCK HELP US! ARE U EXCITE?!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
h3ro said:
*sees M3 gif*

O_______________________________________________________________O

gotdamn.

Watch the vid you hoe

Your cock will drip in excitement.

DAT world tour map is hot!

The menu speed seems really fast now when selecting modes and races etc... nice.

Ok guys, I don't care about weather or night racing, I'm just going to wildly masturbate all the time in front of autovista.

Which will be then called autoblindness.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
metareferential said:
Ok guys, I don't care about weather or night racing, I'm just going to wildly masturbate all the time in front of autovista.

Which will be then called autoblindness.

Autobation

Xanadu said:
it sucks the wheels dont use the new lighting

Game not gold yet, who knows what build that is :p

h3ro

Slayer-33 said:
Watch the vid you hoe

Your cock will drip in excitement.

DAT world tour map is hot!

The menu speed seems really fast now when selecting modes and races etc... nice.

I'm in the middle of the 18min vid... this is what I look like right now:

igaonb.gif

Hawk269

Can anyone explain how T10 can come out with 4 versions of the game and PIT STOPS which in ALMOST EVERY REAL LIFE RACING is an intergal and extremly important aspect of "RACING", yet T10 has progressively gotten worse as each new version of the game comes out?

At the rate they are going, there wont be any pit stops in F4! I know I am bitching, but pit strategy is just so important to racing that it gets neglected like it does in Forza is just plain stupid.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Mascot said:
Is it pretty much confirmed now that the white warehouse is the only AV environment in FM4?

i dunno. the very first reveal had that desert environment, but we havent seen that in ages

FM4_1958_AstonMartin_DBR1_3.jpg

woah, and... is that... positano? :O

op_ivy said:
i dunno. the very first reveal had that desert environment, but we havent seen that in ages

I totally forgot about that.

It would be cool having different environments; and with the new IBL it should not be too hard to accomplish I guess.

I remember seeing also an alpine environment. Like a mountain pass or something.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hawk269 said:
Can anyone explain how T10 can come out with 4 versions of the game and PIT STOPS which in ALMOST EVERY REAL LIFE RACING is an intergal and extremly important aspect of "RACING", yet T10 has progressively gotten worse as each new version of the game comes out?

At the rate they are going, there wont be any pit stops in F4! I know I am bitching, but pit strategy is just so important to racing that it gets neglected like it does in Forza is just plain stupid.
Take a stab at the percentage of races the 'average' Forza'er requires a pitstop.

op_ivy

metareferential said:
I totally forgot about that.

It would be cool having different environments; and with the new IBL it should not be too hard to accomplish I guess.

I remember seeing also an alpine environment. Like a mountain pass or something.

stelvio pass. dont think there has been any autovista media of it. might just be a homespace, like the top gear studio. HOPEFULLY its a track of some sort (P2P).

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
op_ivy said:

FM4_1958_AstonMartin_DBR1_3.jpg

woah, and... is that... positano? :O

God damn.

Xanadu said:
lol another forza fanboy jumping to conclusions

Aren't you jumping to conclusions about the wheels even though the game you are seeing is not gold?

Just drop it already, you seem to go out of your way to sprinkle negativity on the game every chance you are getting right now. How about we enjoy what we are getting and bitch about petty stuff when all is final?

op_ivy

metareferential said:
E3 trailer. There are some segments that have just too much detail to be a homespace.

Am I high or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BTo-Wzdong

0:32. It looks like autovista. But maybe it's just something they created for the trailer.

tou are right, that looks straight out of autovista minus the overlays. still, could be something created for the trailer. who knows.

i sure am glad to have all these screen saver modes for my sexbox media player :)

op_ivy said:
tou are right, that looks straight out of autovista minus the overlays. still, could be something created for the trailer. who knows.

i sure am glad to have all these screen saver modes for my sexbox media player :)

Maybe there are more homespaces, and you can see the car's interior anyway, with less interaction than in autovista (no overlays, no commentary, etc.).

After all, there are hundreds of cars with newly modeled interiors that will not be included in autovista.

Xanadu

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
God damn.

Aren't you jumping to conclusions about the wheels even though the game you are seeing is not gold?

Just drop it already, you seem to go out of your way to sprinkle negativity on the game every chance you are getting right now. How about we enjoy what we are getting and bitch about petty stuff when all is final?
just because im not like you and dont jizz everytime i see somethng good doesnt mean i dont like the game, i speak about negative parts because obviously i dont want to see in the game that im buying

1958 Aston Martin DBR1

FM4_1958_AstonMartin_DBR1_2.jpg

now that is an awesome addition (omg positive)

op_ivy said:

The leaked trailer from April clearly showed Autovista in the Stelvio Pass environment, and the VGA announcement trailer had an AV Ford GT on the Top Gear track, but perhaps things have changed since then.

Ideally, homespaces and AV locales would be one and the same-- Clarkson's AV commentaries would feel right at home in the TG studio.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xanadu said:
i still think this is the best one

forzamotorsport_logo.jpg

Do not want logo

DO NOT WANT! Bridge it imo.

Xanadu said:
just because im not like you and dont jizz everytime i see somethng good doesnt mean i dont like the game, i speak about negative parts because obviously i dont want to see in the game that im buying.

Final game man, they comb over stuff like that. I'm sure that it's possible that they haven't applied all of the lighting/shader tech to everything.

Top Bottom