• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Iknos

I jumped to conclusions so I apologize to Amar he can be right about one sense about that bonnet view.

When playing on a screen smaller than 37 inches it will not be as immersive as a big screen. So he's right about that. In that case the camera should be biased to the driver's side so you see the left/right portion of the bonnet looking outward. On bigger screen that view is incredibly immersive if you have your cockpit positioned properly.

Thought Amar was talking about the height of the bonnet camera so I jumped to conclusions there. Sorry.

Haven't said much in this thread but I've been keeping an eye on it. I'm thinking this game is coming out too soon and so I have a huge list of issues that haven't been talked about. But I gotta say that a lot of FM3 irks have been resolved...some of them major ones.

I do not like how they've changed the FOV for the cockpit view but as long as we can change it as we could in FM3 I won't complain about it. It looks like the bonnet view was at a similar FOV which helps in giving a sense of speed but for me its a bit too unrealistic as the track looks like a long narrow tunnel.

Mascot

Wow, RA looks a whole load better. Much, much improved. Looks real in places. So good to see they've dealt with the apocalypse road glare. Hopefully Sebring will get the same treatment. I'm starting to believe in IBL.

I'm assuming the replay angles will be exactly what we see in the ALMS coverage? They made them 'correct' for the TGTT, so why not?

So, is RA the returning 'old friend' mentioned in the WIR? Guess it is.

saladine1

Have they changed the 'movement' of the hood in bonnet view?
I could've sworn that it shook and jumped more than it ever did in FM3...

G Rom

So I suppose all the ALMS tracks will be updated due to their official licensing ?
Would have loved official licensing for the 24h of Le Mans and the 24h of the Nürburgring... :(

As everyone said, RA looks fantastic. To be fair though, in bonnet view, RA's HDR/bloom was manageable in FM3, it was in cockpit view that the road became as white as Hammond's teeth.

saladine1

G Rom said:
So I suppose all the ALMS tracks will be updated due to their official licensing ?
Would have loved official licensing for the 24h of Le Mans and the 24h of the Nürburgring... :(

As everyone said, RA looks fantastic. To be fair though, in bonnet view, RA's HDR/bloom was manageable in FM3, it was in cockpit view that the road became as white as Hammond's teeth.
For the last time, he hasn't had his teeth whitened.....!

saladine1 said:
For the last time, he hasn't had his teeth whitened.....!
Hammond_450x300.jpg

Ravenn17 said:
So is this wheel base 360 compatible? I thought it was, but he never mentioned it during the video.

That one is PC/PS3 only, the CSR Elite is Xbox/PC/PS3 compatible, has the same base but no quick release mechanism, there's no swapping out the wheel at all.

Road America looks great, I don't understand the problems with the bonnet cam at all.

eso76

saladine1 said:
Have they changed the 'movement' of the hood in bonnet view?
I could've sworn that it shook and jumped more than it ever did in FM3...

they changed the point of view (just tried a lap on RA on that corvette, and you basically see nothing of the hood) and it def. shakes more.

About next reveal: i don't expect anything new that wasn't in fm2 or 3.

I believe they're talking of a track that's always been there, i have a feeling it's an update of the nordschleife actually.

Then again, the leaked trailer said 5 *all new* locales; fm1 tracks are technically not 'all new', so maybe we're getting 5 all new locales and 2 returning ones ?

Arucardo

amar212 said:
Thrustmaster is going to rival MadCatz with official Ferrari wheel for X360 in mid/low-price segment.

X360 racing-wheel market has suddenly become the most saturated place imaginable.

http://maxborgesagency.com/press/th...ally-licensed-by-ferrari-microsoft-xbox-360®/
Bah, that actually looked interesting (really need a wheel for the 360) until I read the 270 degree steering radius part and from what I understand no force feedback. I guess my only option is still a fanatec GT2 wheel. I wish that 360 adapter box for the G25 was better than it is currently :( .

Arucardo said:
Bah, that actually looked interesting (really need a wheel for the 360) until I read the 270 degree steering radius part and from what I understand no force feedback. I guess my only option is still a fanatec GT2 wheel. I wish that 360 adapter box for the G25 was better than it is currently :( .

Is the GT2 the only option? what about the wheels shown at E3? I too am in the market for a wheel.

eek5

MikeDub said:
Is the GT2 the only option? what about the wheels shown at E3? I too am in the market for a wheel.
Madcatz is releasing a wireless FFB wheel as well. GT2 is probably the best option though

supersaw

eek5 said:

That's why I don't regret getting my GT2, who knows how long the CSR wheels will take to get to their distributors around the world. Also the rim of the GT2 looks much more comfortable than the standard CSR.

I'd be interested in the CSR Elite when it makes it's appearance one day, also the CSR H-shifter looks awesome.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
eek5 said:
Fanatec PWTS
Fanatec GT2
Micrsoft Racing Wheel (pretty sure no longer sold but you might be able to get one used for cheap?)
Microsoft Speed Wheel !! (coming oct?)
Madcatz Wireless FFB Wheel (coming this fall)
Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite Wheels (coming 2011-2015??)

I think that's it?
Crown Racing Wheel
Atomic TVR Wheel
MadCatz Wireless Wheel
Microsoft Speed Wheel
MadCatz MicroCon MC2
Logitech DriveFX (discontinued, still available in some places and eBay)
Datel SuperSport Wheel
Datel Power Racer Wheel

eso76

supersaw said:
It's refreshing to see a gameplay video where the driver is not plowing into a wall on every corner. I think the decals might have got a bit of a bump in resolution.

thinking the same, though like i said it could be related to having the best lod car model ingame for one-car-on-track events.

supersaw

eso76 said:
thinking the same, though like i said it could be related to having the best lod car model ingame for one-car-on-track events.

I'd be cool with that, I actually hope there's some more time trial stuff in the career mode.

Drive FX is ok for £40, at least it looks pretty and has rumble of some kind.

If you want a useless wheel for £75 then the lotus one is pure crap.

eso76 said:

The vents on the sides of the hood look to be just textures, so I can't imagine this is the best LOD model for the C6.R.

saladine1

eso76 said:
they changed the point of view (just tried a lap on RA on that corvette, and you basically see nothing of the hood) and it def. shakes more.

About next reveal: i don't expect anything new that wasn't in fm2 or 3.

I believe they're talking of a track that's always been there, i have a feeling it's an update of the nordschleife actually.

Then again, the leaked trailer said 5 *all new* locales; fm1 tracks are technically not 'all new', so maybe we're getting 5 all new locales and 2 returning ones ?
I thought so.
That's very good news Turn 10. It's these little things that can go a long way.....

Zafir

Ergh, the CE is £60 at GAME. I think I'll do what I did with Forza 3. Wait until a few months after and get the CE when it drops to £20.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
eek5 said:
I have to preorder at MS store for CRZ in US? So much for day 1 D:

U doing it bro?

racing wise I'd take the STI obviously but the CR-Z by far will be the rarest rite?

Sell that shit in the AH for tons of money lol

eso76

CrudeDiatribe said:
The vents on the sides of the hood look to be just textures, so I can't imagine this is the best LOD model for the C6.R.
-
yes, it does look like they're just textures, at first that's what i thought too, but they aren't, you can see the shadow changing constantly on them.
Besides, even in the low ingame lod, those vents are fully modeled in fm3.

eek5

Slayer-33 said:
U doing it bro?

racing wise I'd take the STI obviously but the CR-Z by far will be the rarest rite?

Sell that shit in the AH for tons of money lol
I'm waiting to see if Amazon will upgrade F4 to same-day delivery :/ Might preorder at MS store if they don't lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
eek5 said:
I'm waiting to see if Amazon will upgrade F4 to same-day delivery :/ Might preorder at MS store if they don't lol

Tell me about that's the reason why I haven't even per-ordered (don't hit me guys) yet...

What if I send you my CR-Z for some credits and s**** favors?
LOL

game only LE is revenge for us who bought the f3 LE for £39.99 from blockbuster 2 years ago lol

I canceled my LE order, way too expensive for a few dlc packs :/ worst LE ever.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm super excited to see some real shadows on the cars, no more all or nothing fakery!

6065674004_bb55a069a3_z.jpg

Top Bottom