• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

Error1355

Oh god I was going to avoid buying this game at launch because I just purchased two CEs of MGSV... But looking at the images here was a mistake.

I don't know if I can hold out now.

Neogaf - FlipCup
Gamertag - FlipCup88

add me!!!

parsec2000 parsec2000

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE! lol

Quote the referenced post and you will see a link to a Google Doc. Go to that document and input your own goddam information.

But seriously, it is really easy to add yourselves to the list.

-------------------------------

Anyone see this yet?

Forza Motorsport 6 - Lotus E23 (F1 Car) on Nurburgring (Nordschleife) Wet

He mentions that the F1 cars don't have any headlights, so night races in them are basically pitch black.

Anyone else thinking what I am thinking?

Noobcraft

^Not going to spoil the wet Nurburgring for myself just yet. I'm going into that thing blind.

...and just like that I understand why people don't like boss spoilers in souls games.

bumpkin

So my burning question... How does one get the "Battletoads" themed car mentioned in the official car list linked in the past few pages of the thread?

EDIT: Never mind, found the answer. Preorder at GameStop. Figures. :(

BADNED

So my burning question... How does one get the "Battletoads" themed car mentioned in the official car list linked in the past few pages of the thread?
You have to pre-order at Gamestop in the U.S. to get it. And only there!

And here a look at it
forza6_challenger_helwik9p.jpg

Devildoll

One thing i want to know about FM6's forza vista.
Multiple reviewers say that you get an audio bit for the particular car.
Is it actually for the particular car, or does multiple cars from the same brand share audio presentations, like in FM5.

Also, is that Chris Hemsworth narrating the career sometimes?
Compare yourself using auto clutch to just manual by racing your ghost, there's usually a couple car lengths difference within a few seconds.

I use a controller, trying to clutch with that, on first glance, just seems like too much "pat head circle rub chest" for my brain to handle.

I bet i would just end up crashing all the time because i was intensely tying to change gear.

zorbsie

Man, this thread is killing me. Can't wait to get into this game. Silly question, will the OT be on the 10th or the 15th?

I use a controller, trying to clutch with that, on first glance, just seems like too much "pat head circle rub chest" for my brain to handle.

I bet i would just end up crashing all the time because i was intensely tying to change gear.

There's a really easy way of doing it. If you have gears on X and B with clutch on A. You just lay your thumb across two buttons and press both. XB for down, XA for up (or vice versa). It's actually no harder than using manual gears and you get the manual with clutch bonus.

LoveCake

I have the Ultimate Edition pre-ordered on the LIVE store thing, i have never pre-ordered any game digitally line this before, i have heard the PS4 will automatically download games, as i have changed the settings to allow it to, i cannot see anything on the X1 to do this though, will Forza 6 automatically download & install on the default settings?

2ma2JLi.gif

I'm struggling to find any photos or videos of it ever being open while it's got that much dirt on the track. I guess this is just a case of "this looks cool" rather than an attempt at authenticity.

Yeah they wouldn't race with that much dust on the track. I have seen the track raced on with some dust, but not that much.

Same goes for the water tracks. No track would be open with that much standing water. Far too dangerous.

Gowans

I have the Ultimate Edition pre-ordered on the LIVE store thing, i have never pre-ordered any game digitally line this before, i have heard the PS4 will automatically download games, as i have changed the settings to allow it to, i cannot see anything on the X1 to do this though, will Forza 6 automatically download & install on the default settings?

2ma2JLi.gif
It should do aye. If you're on low power mode off.

terrible

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Not often, but it does happen occasionally.

The only spot I've been able to find any dirt like that is on the corkscrew as well, likely because it's super common for people to hit the dirt there. As far as I can tell they do a heck of a job keeping the track clean otherwise. It's pretty impressive really.

Yeah they wouldn't race with that much dust on the track. I have seen the track raced on with some dust, but not that much.

Same goes for the water tracks. No track would be open with that much standing water. Far too dangerous.

Maybe we'll get some hovercraft DLC lol

Jube3

I just finished my first Neogaf livery, it's an update to a livery I did back in FM3. I put it on the Evo X because its what the original livery was on, but if anyone wants it ported elsewhere let me know and I will be happy to do so. Fitting everything into the left side was tricky, I was up against the layer count the whole time. It will be up for share along with the logos if anyone wants to play with them.

21063776758_9aa71172fc_b.jpg

21063564960_dcac0be3db_b.jpg

21064818269_c2d0f91cd6_b.jpg

LoveCake

I just finished my first Neogaf livery, it's an update to a livery I did back in FM3. I put it on the Evo X because its what the original livery was on, but if anyone wants it ported elsewhere let me know and I will be happy to do so. Fitting everything into the left side was tricky, I was up against the layer count the whole time. It will be up for share along with the logos if anyone wants to play with them.

Cool!

Would you be able to post a video or something on how to make just the GAF logo in Forza please?

Awesome man! Seriously ridiculous how talented you are at this!

_machine

Beautiful.

Won't probably be joining you all this year on Forza (too busy in dev, life and getting through my backlog to get XBO just yet), but congrats Jube, Helios and everyone on the team on the launch and great reception so far!

Devildoll

You can switch clutch to A so that it's just A->B and A->X, which isn't much different than using manual w/o clutch.
There's a really easy way of doing it. If you have gears on X and B with clutch on A. You just lay your thumb across two buttons and press both. XB for down, XA for up (or vice versa). It's actually no harder than using manual gears and you get the manual with clutch bonus.

Yeah, i tried that once, i guess i need to give it more time.

Here, doesnt this sound like Hemsworth?

frontieruk

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE! lol

Quote the referenced post and you will see a link to a Google Doc. Go to that document and input your own goddam information.

But seriously, it is really easy to add yourselves to the list.

-------------------------------

Anyone see this yet?

He mentions that the F1 cars don't have any headlights, so night races in them are basically pitch black.

I think so Shortt, but this time, you wear the tutu.

Jube3

Awesome man! Seriously ridiculous how talented you are at this!

Thanks Sirket! I was tempted to put the signature "M0dus Rims" on them as a nod to m0dus, maybe on the next car.

Cool!

Would you be able to post a video or something on how to make just the GAF logo in Forza please?

Yea absolutely, the Gaf logo is pretty tricky but I can start it over and go over how I did it. It took about 40 minutes start to finish and its not 100% accurate but from far away it looks close.

This looks... wtf(?!)... 8-( ) ...I mean... this is not photoshopped or anything...

How did you do that given the limitations on layers and whatnot. This looks absolutely fantastic!

I used the layout of the car to cover as much of the characters that I could, the right side wasn't too bad with layer count, each character was around 300 after I deleted layers you can't see. The other side was a bit rough because of how many shading layers it had, ended up losing some detail in areas but not too bad.

danowat

Banned
Thanks Sirket! I was tempted to put the signature "M0dus Rims" on them as a nod to m0dus, maybe on the next car.

Yea absolutely, the Gaf logo is pretty tricky but I can start it over and go over how I did it. It took about 40 minutes start to finish and its not 100% accurate but from far away it looks close.

I used the layout of the car to cover as much of the characters that I could, the right side wasn't too bad with layer count, each character was around 300 after I deleted layers you can't see. The other side was a bit rough because of how many shading layers it had, ended up losing some detail in areas but not too bad.

You must have the patience of a saint!!!

So what you were actually thinking was to recreate the last race of the night on any PGR2 gaming session, night time on the Behemoth, where upon everyone's lights got smashed out on the first couple of corners... Except this time you don't start with any lights?

Oh yeah, and in F1 cars, which I feel is an important distinction.

MouldyK

Was showing my Borhter my 458 Spider Wheel (No FFB) and he hates the rain using the wheel!

Saw Danowat's Ghost beating him so much. XD

His best time was 2:50 and so was mine. Though 2:42 is my current best.

Rain ruins all!

Pjsprojects

Awesome.

Lotus F1 at Nurburgring with G920

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWyHtbp6c0

Looks like the free play options still the same as FM5. You can only select the class and drivetrain.

Jeremy-Clarkson.aspx

EDIT:
Anyone see this yet?

E7qX7yq.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Grassy

Add me to the list!
Gt: Banglish

You have to quote this post to see the google document link, and add yourself!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=177347522#post177347522

I'm struggling to find any photos or videos of it ever being open while it's got that much dirt on the track. I guess this is just a case of "this looks cool" rather than an attempt at authenticity.

I think this is a case of them trying to add something to the track to make it a bit less sterile, at the cost of realism, like the over-sized puddles. There's always been people who complain that racing tracks in video games "look boring" and "sterile". My guess anyway.

J3ffro

When I look at the FM6 tile in the games section it shows 0 megs, but I'm pretty sure it already downloaded. When I click on the tile, it tells me something about "We know you're excited, but you still need to wait". Does that mean I have it downloaded properly?

VRMN

When I look at the FM6 tile in the games section it shows 0 megs, but I'm pretty sure it already downloaded. When I click on the tile, it tells me something about "We know you're excited, but you still need to wait". Does that mean I have it downloaded properly?

Do a hard reset of your console. That fixed mine, which wasn't actually downloaded.

Top Bottom