• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

sant

I love FM 2-4. Currently own a PC and PS4. Very tempted by FM6 bundle but I'm on the fence because of the wheel situation

Azzawon

That console is so good, I want it ;_; I would pick up the controller but at the same time I want the pro controller. So much choice, why do you do this to us, Xbox?!

veidi

This controller looks so fine =D
Hope it will get also sold seperately in austria =/
Till now I can find it only in the US microsoft store for preorder.

Seanspeed

Banned
preorder_mx5fczhrx4dhu5z.png

This game.... my god!
Phew

I know that they announced that you can be a male or female driver but I want more customization. I have always wanted the ability to place liverys on the helmets. It's such a small thing but would just make my connection to the game more concret.

Ebolarama

Banned
While not essential - I hope we get working Head Up Displays that feature in some cars these days such as the Corvette.

I'm very much on board with this. I went to drive club and Forza horizon 2 for a while and the differences between level of detail in cockpits is stark (horizon's are serviceable but not always that great). After news of Forza Motorsport 6 I went back to FM5 and those interiors hold up well.
What I'm saying is I think FM6 can pull the level of detail inside the car that DC currently does, and for 450+ cars too. I hope there are holographic HUDs, rear view/side view cameras and digital gauges (where appropriate).
Another detail I rarely see is the look-behind in the cockpit view actually featuring the interior of the car. Look-around in cockpit view in Forza games is jarring since it hides the vehicle graphics if you turn your driver's head too far.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
preorder_mx5fczhrx4dhu5z.png

This game.... my god!

that looks fantastic! hope the painting has been worked on and this is finally the end of low rez paint designs. lastly, a much better way to sell and buy them. fm5's was an absolute disaster in this regard and i'm a little concerned that they are basing 6's on a modified version of the same thing.

Ebolarama

Banned
that looks fantastic! hope the painting has been worked on and this is finally the end of low rez paint designs. lastly, a much better way to sell and buy them. fm5's was an absolute disaster in this regard and i'm a little concerned that they are basing 6's on a modified version of the same thing.

Get rid of those horrid wood grain and deckplate textures! I love the painting system and I hope this time around there are at least half a dozen paint types like NFS Underground had.

Fox Mulder

Picked up 5 again for the first time in awhile and man, the career sucks compared to pcars. I'm apparently over the formula of starting near last and rushing up front in 2 laps then off to another track in 5 minutes.

Sorry if it's been discussed, but I didn't notice it mentioned in e3 coverage. Have they said anything about custom race lengths in career mode? Games like pcars and F1 do it easily with a slider. Let me race a 2 lap or 2 hour race if I want to.

Gestault

GTpass2.gif

How much have we seen of the treatment for returning tracks?

Have they said anything about custom race lengths in career mode? Games like pcars and F1 do it easily with a slider. Let me race a 2 lap or 2 hour race if I want to.

At minimum, we know it covers more history and racing styles, and endurance races are confirmed. I really do want the option to set the length of career races in general though.

Mascot

I'm down at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed for a few days and had a good nose around the new Ford GT today. It looks fucking spectacular in the flesh, and is definitely a good choice of poster car for FM6. This car will cause a storm.

Gestault

I'm down at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed for a few days and had a good nose around the new Ford GT today. It looks fucking spectacular in the flesh, and is definitely a good choice of poster car for FM6. This car will cause a storm.

This may sound weird, but roughly how tall is it? Like, waist height or higher?

Fox Mulder

Me too. There will be times I will happily take a two lap race, other times I want to go for much longer.

i like sitting down with a car and track for a bit. It's fun tweaking a car in F1 or Pcars with practice sessions and qualifying, and then racing a good 20 lap race or whatever in a career or season mode.

Forza's career tourism with like 5 minutes at one location just isnt for me anymore. Maybe I should try more online racing, havent had much fun with that ever though.

witness

I haven't played a Forza game since 4, but I'm getting an Xbox one next month finally. I played hundreds of hours of 3 and 4, and I'm really excited to get back I to the series. Can't wait to see more details and car lists. The track list looked fantastic.

Gestault

i like sitting down with a car and track for a bit. It's fun tweaking a car in F1 or Pcars with practice sessions and qualifying, and then racing a good 20 lap race or whatever in a career or season mode.

By the time I was down to the last ten championships or so, I treated the career races like warmups for doing Rivals challenges on each of the tracks. You can just hit the button after the race to get the closest challenge for your roster, and usually each lap I'd clear my rival and it'd pop up the next for me. I know exactly how you feel though, with the 2-3 lap races.

Klocker

Picked up 5 again for the first time in awhile and man, the career sucks compared to pcars. I'm apparently over the formula of starting near last and rushing up front in 2 laps then off to another track in 5 minutes.

Sorry if it's been discussed, but I didn't notice it mentioned in e3 coverage. Have they said anything about custom race lengths in career mode? Games like pcars and F1 do it easily with a slider. Let me race a 2 lap or 2 hour race if I want to.

I agree. At least have options for people who want more. After pcars I'm afraid I'll be annoyed by the 2-3 lap... chase the next credit payoff mentality.

I agree about enjoying the tracks more and not just a game of who can forge to the front before time runs out.

I haven't played a Forza game since 4, but I'm getting an Xbox one next month finally. I played hundreds of hours of 3 and 4, and I'm really excited to get back I to the series. Can't wait to see more details and car lists. The track list looked fantastic.

Fortunately with 6 right around the corner you'll be able to skip 5 and not miss out on too much. Don't get me wrong, 5 was fine but it kinda seems like filler to hold us over since it was the first to the new gen console. I was luckily able to get Forza 5 for $10 and car season pass for $15-20 on a black friday sort of deal when I got my XBone, but I'm getting 6 day 1. And boy did I get my moneys worth.

Mascot

8991e9fe9387280c9766c3b6f376bd8a.png

Heres an image of the tweet if anyone missed it
I don't remember seeing those pods in the Ford area of the MMS hall yesterday, but then again we spent all of our time trying to blag a ride up the hill climb in the Mercedes GTS. I guess they were demoing FM6? There were loads of GT6 pods everywhere.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Yeah, GT6 just updated Goodwood with the 2015 sculpture. No wonder the tweet was pulled. He's not playing Forza.

There is an Xbox One sitting on top of the cockpit...

Rtuj2Ry.png

He is clearly playing Forza.

Ford and Forza are clearly running marketing together hand in hand and that is clearly using an Xbox One.

Top Bottom