• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox One X has a 30% surplus on the GPU at 4K/60fps

KAOz

Short bus special
Seems like Bungie wanted feature parity with the PS4 or PS4 Pro so it doesn't look like Sony has the least powerful hardware. I remember Microsoft saying it's up to the developers how they use it. They aren't forcing them to go 4k

...... this is embarassing.

Wow.

theWB27

The shitposting on gaming side is atrocious. Damn.

On topic...I sincerely hope I can make it day one with a 4k tv and the One X.

DOWN

Banned
So does this kinda indicate they could have done more were it not for baseline Xbox requiring very low specs? Game looks beautiful so I wonder if they can figure out better switches and scaling to create for the next entry to go bigger on Xbox X? Why not downsample from something above 4K?

Ambient80

Damn I can’t wait for this game. Gonna look unreal! I adore the Forza games (FM and FH). I need to get a nice wheel setup this time around.

Anion

Makes perfect sense because all games are literally the same on the back end...

Jesus... you'd think on a gamer enthusiast site like this logic would come into play more. Destiny discourse here is obnoxious
lol I just take it as joke. Like do people really think like that or are they just mad/fired up in the moment and thought it was logical

Is it impressive? It's exactly what you should expect. Going from 1080p to 4k is a around a 4x jump. That leaves you with around 20-30% of power left.

Im pretty sure they also did some initial test and found that going from 1080p to 4k needed
like 3.5 times as much processing. So performance/resolution scaling is not completely linear.

Neo_Geo

Banned
Meaning it will hopefully maintain 60fps during very intense situations, unless the weak CPU runs into too much workload. If a modern competently programmed PC game has a 30% surplus on the GPU during a normal workload, and the CPU is keeping up with demand, then then a constant framerate is virtually guaranteed as well.

Guess he is saying this because the core audience is ignorant to basic concepts with regards to power requirements and it sounds really good while they are buying a gimped PC.

Top Bottom