• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 8 screenshots revealed in GDC YT talk (in development, NOT final)

cormack12

Gold Member
Forza Motorsport 8 Screenshots have been revealed in a GDC Virtual Talk.

Stills taken from paused video

EWYUPBHXkAAmxn6-1.jpeg

Screenshot-2020-04-24-at-11.31.24-PM.png

Wow. Man this is getting me excited to see other games. I cant wait for this games reveal.

Looks like next gen news is slowly gathering pace.

EDIT: Cant wait to watch that video

Last edited:
I love the tool they have for 3D plotting the GPU render time for every section of a track, on the model itself. That seems so quick and useful for artists to figure out where things need to go.

GHG

Looks nice but that's not been the problem with the last couple of motorsport games.

The new graphics engine is the area I'm least excited to hear about for this game.

Stuart360

When you look at how good photogrammety looks in current gen games like Battlefront 1 and 2, god only know what a Forza game will look like on XSX!.

thats fm7 on the screenshots...
Looks like Forza 7..
He even says at the beginning that the talk is about FM7. Guess the date in those screens is throwing some off into thinking it's next gen Forza. It's not.

It's not FM7. It might be a render or even a real pic as opposed to the new game, but it's definitely not FM7. This is the same pitlane in FM7 on its brightest time of day.
kkqysic.png

Ignoring the obvious difference in cars and pit equipment being present, we have:
- Completely different pit lane road surface
- FM7's lighting is much more dull
- Different cloud pattern on the default sky
- Grandstands on the distant hill are very different

MCplayer

It's not FM7. It might be a render or even a real pic as opposed to the new game, but it's definitely not FM7. This is the same pitlane in FM7 on its brightest time of day.
kkqysic.png

Ignoring the obvious difference in cars and pit equipment being present, we have:
- Completely different pit lane road surface
- FM7's lighting is much more dull
- Different cloud pattern on the default sky
- Grandstands on the distant hill are very different
its is done for fm7... those are concepts done by artists, did you even saw the talk

MCplayer

Yes. You said "thats fm7 on the screenshots...", not that it's concept art. I posted saying that it's a render, a real pic (to capture colours and swatches), or possibly FM8. What's the problem here?
sure, still its not related for fm8 thats what I here to tell

ethomaz

Banned
The fact that it doesn't look like the same track in FM7. As said above, three possibilities:
- A render/concept art for their visual target (for 7 or 8)
- A real photograph for colour calibration (for 7 or 8)
- A screenshot of FM8
I believe mods should change the title.

Possible next-generation Forza or something.
Even so I’m pretty sure it is Forza 7 with some tech demonstration.

I believe mods should change the title.

Possible next-generation Forza or something.
Even so I’m pretty sure it is Forza 7 with some tech demonstration.

Forza 7 came out almost three years ago. Clearly not demoing that here. Certainly the tech going into forza 8.

LostDonkey

I've been reading that this is now running on Unreal Engine 4.

Does anyone know anything about this? Apparently it was leaked by a French Xbox magazine.

"In what's been one of the most highly publicized leaks so far, XboxMag.netreported (in French) that the next Forza title will be moving to a brand new Unreal Engine 4 – which would shake the game series up completely. Shinobi602, the source of the apparent leak, claims to be an insider.

An article reported on the website back in April states that the new engine will allow for better off-road racing, which isn't really what you might associate with the Motorsport titles."

MCplayer

I've been reading that this is now running on Unreal Engine 4.

Does anyone know anything about this? Apparently it was leaked by a French Xbox magazine.

"In what's been one of the most highly publicized leaks so far, XboxMag.netreported (in French) that the next Forza title will be moving to a brand new Unreal Engine 4 – which would shake the game series up completely. Shinobi602, the source of the apparent leak, claims to be an insider.

An article reported on the website back in April states that the new engine will allow for better off-road racing, which isn't really what you might associate with the Motorsport titles."
lol, nothing here is related to fm8

Top Bottom