• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport (XSX) vs Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) Graphics Comparison (Up: Video in OP replaced as IGN one was not fit for purpose)

Which is better?

• Forza Motorsport(2023)

Votes: 170 24.1%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 404 57.2%
  • Mario Kart 8DX

Votes: 132 18.7%

• Total voters

DJ12

No, DF refers to the AI's distance LODs in gameplay, not the modeled ones. There arqe no better car models on PC, there are no LODs higher than those of XSX and the management is the same. But OK with your pathetic narrative and attacks.

He has specified on many occasions in both threads that his screenshots are from PC, which is where he plays. So many that there is no need for him to repeat it anymore. Furthermore, the context of the comparisons is not always to compare 1:1 but rather to demonstrate the technology and optimization of this in both games.

You spend enough time on this and the other thread to know it but it is clear that yours has to do with omission and the intention to discredit those who do not say what satisfies you and also do so with arguments that you, clearly , you don't know how to refute and that's why you resort to easy and patetic personal attacks with an impetus that you don't have with those who bring up comparisons of Twitter trolls.

LOL. Ulike FM, most of the screenshots that people are using for GT7 are taken from escape mode or photo mode where LoDs are used very very far from those used during Gameplay. And you have the audacity to come here and censor the use of screenshots of PC gameplay to compare models (which are the same and the same management as on consoles) and you talk about disingenuous arguments? Pathetic.
But they are from a ps5 no?

Are you suggesting no shots are from forza vista?

Just trying to gauge you level of defense force here....

Darsxx82

But they are from a ps5 no?

Are you suggesting no shots are from forza vista?

Just trying to gauge you level of defense force here....
LOL. What is becoming clear is what your level of defense force is. You have gone from attacking someone without arguments to demanding from others the honesty that you do not apply to yourself.

Whether or not Forza Vista screenshots are used is secondary. In fact, it has already been proven that gameplay screenshots have been used compared to GT7 escape mode screenshots.

But you still haven't managed to understand. What is being said is that in terms of modeling it is indisputable that GT7 is superior in its maximum LOD. Another thing is the LOD and its management that is used during the Gameplay vs photomode or scape mode that are leagues away.

That is to say, it is highlighted that these comparisons do not reflect reality and it is criticized that comparisons of Twitter trolls are used as any evidence and without context. The issue is that you have seen it decent and appropriate to attack Turk1993 while turning a blind eye to those comparisons.

I'm selling my Series X and moving to PS5, Microsoft have fumbled at every step with Starfield and now Forza, I'm just sick of their shit.
If these games were not delayed then what state were they in before? I don't think I've ever owned a console that's been so badly managed in my entire life.
I was thinking about how Starfield had a 2022 release date before and was supposed to compete with God of War ragnarok...and it ended up almost coming out 1 year later.
Imagine how bad it was a year ago.

oof that's a massive downgrade from the photomode models. Someone on a previous page laughed at Forza not being able to do circles in headlights, looks like GT's race models are just as bad at it, if not worse.

If there were a PC version, modders would probably be able to import those highest fidelity models into actual game play as well.
These threads always devolve to showing games in their best and worst areas. Often one games best vs the other games worst to make a “preferred” game look the best. Forza gameplay models have been very comparable to GT for sometime. GT non gameplay models have been better for pretty much all time. I think it was PS3 era they developed a tessellation process which could add detail to models which makes them look amazing in scales/photo modes. Unmatched IMO. Gameplay though, looks nothing like those modes.

DJ12

LOL. What is becoming clear is what your level of defense force is. You have gone from attacking someone without arguments to demanding from others the honesty that you do not apply to yourself.

Whether or not Forza Vista screenshots are used is secondary. In fact, it has already been proven that gameplay screenshots have been used compared to GT7 escape mode screenshots.

But you still haven't managed to understand. What is being said is that in terms of modeling it is indisputable that GT7 is superior in its maximum LOD. Another thing is the LOD and its management that is used during the Gameplay vs photomode or scape mode that are leagues away.

That is to say, it is highlighted that these comparisons do not reflect reality and it is criticized that comparisons of Twitter trolls are used as any evidence and without context. The issue is that you have seen it decent and appropriate to attack Turk1993 while turning a blind eye to those comparisons.
I don't have anything to defend as gt7 clearly looks better in every mode and isn't riddled with bugs or models from 2 generations ago.

But thanks for your time and confirming that you are indeed a fully paid member of the forza defence force.

Last edited:

What are you talking about...there are a lot of ingame comparions in this thread and GT still looks better in most cases also ingame. I understand that it's hard to accept for forza fans after all that marketing bs of the most technical advaned racing game ever build from the ground up that is going to destroy all the competition etc. that it loses compared to a cross gen game but that's how it is. Hope that PD will have mercy with GT8 and not improve the game in the aspects that it lacks :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Darsxx82

I don't have anything to defend as gt7 clearly looks better in every mode and isn't riddled with bugs or models from 2 generations ago.

But thanks for your time and confirming that you are indeed a fully paid member of the forza defence force.
Congratulations on confirming your role here 👍🙃
What are you talking about...there are a lot of ingame comparions in this thread and GT still looks better in most cases also ingame. I understand that it's hard to accept for forza fans after all that marketing bs of the most technical advaned racing game ever build from the ground up that is going to destroy all the competition etc. that it loses compared to a cross gen game but that's how it is. Hope that PD will have mercy with GT8 and not improve the game in the aspects that it lacks :messenger_tears_of_joy:
LOL. Hi Emula !

PaintTinJr

My PC version is bugged to hell. I was even getting memory leaks after the latest patch so I wouldnt be surprised if your friend is playing the bugged version.

there is definitely a soft look to the game, but in native 4k mode with DLAA or no DLAA, it looks clean and crisp. The soft look is by design and gives the game a very cg feel to it. but it also ventures into personal preference territory. I personally dislike the harsh, bright almost crushed black look of previous forza games, and some race tracks in gt sports. So I do prefer how Forza looks here.

I will record a race or two, but its one of the better looking racing games ive played in the last few years and I have played them all save for GT7. If GT7 looks better, it doesnt mean forza looks bad. It is doing a lot of great things like rain, night time races, lighting, and cars. yes, the same cars that are being trashed in this thread. they look phenomenal during races no matter what time of day. every grid start is a treat because the game looks its best when the track is covered with cars.

KqvrPyG.gif
He definitely knows what he's doing and subs to DF, so will have had it configured correctly, as a given - but will ask him when I next see him.

That footage you've captures looks about on par with in game live racing experience footage in GT7 from bonnet cam, so assuming you've been driving without showing any racing info -map, rev counter, speed, traction control, gear ino - and that is a genuine live capture of what you saw while racing and not a capture from a replay, then Forza's visual do look all over the place- excellent in parts - compared to the comparison of in-game live capture of the Lotus Esprits(IIRC) some pages back, which looked poor by last gen exactly as he explained his experience to me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Aren't you the guy posting comparisons from pc in uktra mode to gt7 though

You should watch the video first, they very clearly say it's for Car LoD's, the actual car details are the same.

Anyway, my guy ShaiKhulud1989 just dipped out of the conversation after Dr. Turk's comparison pics, interesting.

Gingen

Banned
girl-sure-jan.gif

Only reflection and some bounces yeah!
70-1.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

Lol they clearly are acting that way, they think the only difference are the reflections. And funny that 90% of the car model comparisons are in scape mode vs the photmode car models that Forza uses during gameplay.
You always take pictures from the same bunch of cars with a notorious lod problem, hiding all the rest (hundreds and hundreds) with perfect lod ingame... lol... you are clearly a troll

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
Ingame car models that "someone" prefer to hyde

granturismo7_20220628pqiui.jpg

granturismo7_20220628z8dy9.jpg

granturismo7_20220628m9eid.jpg

granturismo7_20220628jifv0.jpg

granturismo7_20220628xlc4i.jpg

granturismo7_20220628t8iph.jpg

granturismo7_20220628cfi10.jpg

granturismo7_20220628q1iqp.jpg
Some shots are harder to see into than others due to reflections (which look lovely btw)

But this one shows the super low LOD in car pretty well, the hexagonal steering wheel and super low res dash and seats

oxhdVxq.png

That being said, I've been playing a lot of Forza Motorsport lately and the car models and shading are just so much better in GT7, it's no even close tbh. Shame about the interior LOD in during gameplay though, I'm sure they could make it higher for the player car at least?

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
Some shots are harder to see into than others due to reflections (which look lovely btw)

But this one shows the super low LOD in car pretty well, the hexagonal steering wheel and super low res dash and seats

oxhdVxq.png

That being said, I've been playing a lot of Forza Motorsport lately and the car models and shading are just so much better, it's no even close tbh. Shame about the interior LOD in during gameplay though, I'm sure they could make it higher for the player car at least?
Can you zoom a little more? I still can't see the single pixels...

Simply accept that GT7 has way better car models than FM is too difficult?

adamsapple

Turk1993 claims it's because photo mode and gameplay use different assets, if you can show that this doesn't happen and it's just an error, then you'd be right

Turk1993 posted actual comparisons, it's not exactly an idle claim.

Only reflection and some bounces yeah!
70-1.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

Lol they clearly are acting that way, they think the only difference are the reflections. And funny that 90% of the car model comparisons are in scape mode vs the photmode car models that Forza uses during gameplay.

Senua

Gold Member
Can you zoom a little more? I still can't see the single pixels...

Simply accept that GT7 has way better car models than FM is too difficult?
Did you read my post at all? Not everything is us vs them mate. Just posting the proof which I saw, the interiors are low LOD during gameplay like Turk has shown

Gingen

Banned
Turk1993 claims it's because photo mode and gameplay use different assets, if you can show that this doesn't happen and it's just an error, then you'd be right
He purposely selects all the worst cases when if there is a difference in 90% of times it's absolutely invisible ingame.

Hyding all the worst of forza and than become an egle eye against every GT7 difect is simply pathetic

Gingen

Banned
Did you read my post at all? Not everything is us vs them mate. Just posting the proof which I saw, the interiors are low LOD during gameplay like Turk has shown
There's a difference between saying that ingame interior lod is lower than photomode and only showing the worst cases.

Senua

Gold Member
There's a difference between saying that ingame interior lod is lower than photomode and only showing the worst cases.
One would assume that all cars share similar LODs no? Minus open tops as they are more readily seen by players. It makes sense to use Lower level of detail in interiors in third person cam, but they may have gone a little far with it considering how pristine the rest of the models are during gameplay. It's more noticeable in certain models because certain models have more visible interior parts to the outside view

Last edited:

R3EUIL

Neo Member
He purposely selects all the worst cases when if there is a difference in 90% of times it's absolutely invisible ingame.

Hyding all the worst of forza and than become an egle eye against every GT7 difect is simply pathetic
Well, it's obvious that the comparisons he makes are precarious, but it's up to you to make your own comparisons

Elysium44

Banned

Which you would never notice in gameplay, you can only see it there because you cropped it which has the effect of massively zooming in. Rendering it to a high detail for gameplay, for something nobody would ever see, would be a pointless waste of resources.

Senua

Gold Member
Which you would never notice in gameplay, you can only see it there because you cropped it which has the effect of massively zooming in. Rendering it to a high detail for gameplay, for something nobody would ever see, would be a pointless waste of resources.
I never said anything different, merely refuting that Turk is biased and is only cherry picking interior LOD shots.

Gingen

Banned
This.

Than in FM you find cars that looks literally like PS2 assets but they don't notice them even at fullscreen... LoL... this discussion is simply surreal

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
This.

Than in FM you find cars that looks literally like PS2 assets but they don't notice them even at fullscreen... LoL... this discussion is simply surreal
Yup PS2 assets indeed, these threads bring out the absolute gutter tier gamefaqs users, i'm all for it. Rock on piss-heels!

Senua

Gold Member
PS2 quality is hyperbole but I believe that mitsubishi he posted from GT7 does look pretty tragic in FM23

Yea it's not great because the source material is out of whack, it can have all the polygons in the world but if what you're modelling is iffy at the source, it's gonna look off. There are cars in Forza that need remodeling for sure, but to say they are "literally PS2 assets" is beyond dumb. Honestly the paint shader isn't helping here either, it needs more diffuse look. FM has real issues with paint, which Horizon 5 didn't even have lol

Reality hurts?

4rlf49.png

A PS2 would explode trying to render that car lol. Does it look good enough? No it doesn't, but lets not be disingenuous but you don't need to be. You're arguing with someone who shits on Forzas wonky car models more than most, but you gota accept that GT has shitty interior LODS during gameplay too brother

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
It seems obvious to me that the game can render all the photo mode assets during gameplay, this just doesn't happen because it would be a waste of space to render such a detailed part in a 3rd person view
They are incredibly demanding for the car interiors in third-person view where they don't matter and then they hide all the shots from the Cockpit view where GT7 literally disintegrates FM in detail level and also for the fact to rendering the entire cockpit (including the rear) while FM only render the front portion with terrible details... :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

adamsapple

Isn't that exactly what you're doing as well ?

James Franco Reaction GIF

--

Anyway, here's the same car's in-race models from both Forza and GT7, Forza's in-game model is rendering more details on the visor and the lights are better rounded, they look more jagged on GT7.

Left forza - Right GT7

rGw6TnP.png

Last edited:

Three

Yea it's not great because the source material is out of whack, it can have all the polygons in the world but if what you're modelling is iffy at the source, it's gonna look off. There are cars in Forza that need remodeling for sure, but to say they are "literally PS2 assets" is beyond dumb. Honestly the paint shader isn't helping here either, it needs more diffuse look. FM has real issues with paint, which Horizon 5 didn't even have lol
Agreed the hyperbole isn't necessary but the model is the same from FM1 so it being an "OG xbox 1 asset" isn't too far from the truth either.

BTW does FM23 have any fiats at all?

Senua

Gold Member
Agreed the hyperbole isn't necessary but the model is the same from FM1 so it being an "OG xbox 1 asset" isn't too far from the truth either.

BTW does FM23 have any fiats at all?
The source is the same but of course it has way, way more polygons than FM1 models

and nope! hopefully in the future via free DLC...

Last edited:

Unknown?

Isn't that exactly what you're doing as well ?

James Franco Reaction GIF

--

Anyway, here's the same car's in-race models from both Forza and GT7, Forza's in-game model is rendering more details on the visor and the lights are better rounded, they look more jagged on GT7.

Left forza - Right GT7

rGw6TnP.png
Looks like a bugged car? Not all of them have hexagonal headlights.

And he never (as far as I remember) showed images comparing the view from inside the car, it's always in 3rd person. At least Emula is more varied in its comparisons.

oxhdVxq.png

That being said, I've been playing a lot of Forza Motorsport lately and the car models and shading are just so much better in GT7, it's no even close tbh. Shame about the interior LOD in during gameplay though, I'm sure they could make it higher for the player car at least?
Yeah but only the internals are downgraded when in third view camera, i think it's not a big deal since when you are racing your eyes are concentrated on looking track not the internals

Senua

Gold Member
Yeah but only the internals are downgraded when in third view camera, i think it's not a big deal since when you are racing your eyes are concentrated on looking track not the internals
Yea neither do I, but the poster I replied to thinks they don't have lower LODs which is just silly. GT7 looks better overall, but there's no need to pretend it's flaws don't exist

Top Bottom