• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport (XSX) vs Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) Graphics Comparison (Up: Video in OP replaced as IGN one was not fit for purpose)

Which is better?

• Forza Motorsport(2023)

Votes: 170 24.1%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 404 57.2%
  • Mario Kart 8DX

Votes: 132 18.7%

• Total voters

ikbalCO

Forza did beat the king previously, Forza Motorsport 3/4 were better (at least graphically) than GT at the time. Trouble is they've largely stood still and with FM2023 actually gone backwards, while GT has kept improving.
It feels like a budget issue in a way. Horizon series is the main focus for MS so maybe they have been allocating more budget to that series since fh3?

Elysium44

Banned
It feels like a budget issue in a way. Horizon series is the main focus for MS so maybe they have been allocating more budget to that series since fh3?

I don't think it's that. The buck stops with Chris Esaki and the other higher-ups at Turn 10. FM2023 in many ways looks significantly worse than Forza Motorsport 5 from 2013. They could just have literally re-released that game (graphically) but with the modern content and it would have been less bad. It has always been clear to me when watching people like Esaki or Greenawalt talk that they don't know what they're doing. Giving people like that more money will not result in a better product.

Last edited:

tommib

Yeah, yamauchi is just a pure perfectionist. Even in scenes where forza looks better its like nope, gt was just going for a realistic look.

Also lol @ people claiming forza has better lighting.
I have 300 hours on GT7. I think it’s Sony’s best game this generation along with Returnal. Neck and neck.

It’s been absurd to read the posts on this forum gaslighting people about how much better Forza looks, specially lighting.

I love GT’s driving and the whole UI experience, and the elegance of the menus and the 0 loading times, but a big part of what makes GT7 the never-ending joy that it is is how absolutely fantastic it looks. It’s like wedding day, every day, with that superb HDR presentation and fidelity on an OLED TV.

Comparing that to any footage of Forza always blew my mind how much better GT7 looks. And to think this is not even a PS5 exclusive.

God, I have such an immaculate taste in video games it’s ridiculous.

Senua

I don't think it's that. The buck stops with Chris Esaki and the other higher-ups at Turn 10. FM2023 in many ways looks significantly worse than Forza Motorsport 5 from 2013. They could just have literally re-released that game (graphically) but with the modern content and it would have been less bad. It has always been clear to me when watching people like Esaki or Greenawalt talk that they don't know what they're doing. Giving people like that more money will not result in a better product.
Baked vs Dynamic lighting.

Should FM 2023 look significantly better than FM5 even with dynamic lighting at this point? Yea, but here we are.

It is improving quite a bit at least on PC though. Game looks pretty nuts with DLAA actually working now at 4k

Top Bottom