• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport (XSX) vs Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) Graphics Comparison (Up: Video in OP replaced as IGN one was not fit for purpose)

Which is better?

• Forza Motorsport(2023)

Votes: 170 24.1%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 404 57.2%
  • Mario Kart 8DX

Votes: 132 18.7%

• Total voters

Skifi28

I still play Forza Motorsport on the XSX almost daily even after I bought a PS5 and GT7 a month or so ago, I don't understand anyone who says GT7 is on the level of FM with a controller. It just isn't, not even close. GT7 is a mediocre game in that regard, I might even prefer FM7 to it. FM genuinely feels so good to play that you forgive it's flaws, it's that good. Knowing it's GaaS I trust them to fix those flaws anyway.

You can talk about which one looks better and car models are better detailed in GT7 by far. Environments however look slightly better in FM7 and I prefer the lighting overall in FM over GT and the sound of the cars too. Talk about the racing itself, well no contest here. FM takes that!
I feel the exact opposite. I do think it plays better than Forza 7 on a controller, but GT7 feels on a whole different level in terms of physics, precision and the haptics. I guess opinions and all that.

Last edited:
I still play Forza Motorsport on the XSX almost daily even after I bought a PS5 and GT7 a month or so ago, I don't understand anyone who says GT7 is on the level of FM with a controller. It just isn't, not even close. GT7 is a mediocre game in that regard, I might even prefer FM7 to it. FM genuinely feels so good to play that you forgive it's flaws, it's that good. Knowing it's GaaS I trust them to fix those flaws anyway.

You can talk about which one looks better and car models are better detailed in GT7 by far. Environments however look slightly better in FM7 and I prefer the lighting overall in FM over GT and the sound of the cars too. Talk about the racing itself, well no contest here. FM takes that!

Do I regret buying a PS5? Well if it would be just for GT7 yes, for sure. But since I skipped everything after the PS3 I have a lot of titles to catch up to so it definitely gets play since I bought it.

Those are some huge beer goggles you are wearing lol. Never seen a car game that can't even put the correct badge for the right car. You wont even need to watch the whole video, in the first 15 minutes you can see just how half-baked this product is:

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

Those are some huge beer goggles you are wearing lol. Never seen a car game that can't even put the correct badge for the right car. You wont even need to watch the whole video, in the first 15 minutes you can see just how half-baked this product is:

I don't have a problem at all with how the car models look in GT7, I did mention they look better by far. The environments I prefer in FM but as I said just slightly. I like the lightning better and FM always had the edge when it comes to how the cars sound.

My issue with GT7 in comparison with FM is that the racing isn't great and doesn't feel as good to play with the controller. FM feels so much better that it pulls me in every day to do some laps, I've given up on GT7 after a week and really think it's a mediocre game when it comes to the racing itself. That's my opinion and I've been playing GT since the first and FM since the 2nd.

djjinx2

I don't have a problem at all with how the car models look in GT7, I did mention they look better by far. The environments I prefer in FM but as I said just slightly. I like the lightning better and FM always had the edge when it comes to how the cars sound.

My issue with GT7 in comparison with FM is that the racing isn't great and doesn't feel as good to play with the controller. FM feels so much better that it pulls me in every day to do some laps, I've given up on GT7 after a week and really think it's a mediocre game when it comes to the racing itself. That's my opinion and I've been playing GT since the first and FM since the 2nd.
Most on here won't be able to take this opinion. But FM does feel more exciting when racing and does feel better on controller.

In my opinion.

Most on here won't be able to take this opinion. But FM does feel more exciting when racing and does feel better on controller.

In my opinion.
I understand his opinion… GT 7 is much harder to master than FM… it always have been that away… GT7 is not for everyone… you need to take your time to really start connecting with it specially with a controller.. after you do I think the game is really good and you can have some fantastic races…

Senua

Forza definitely plays better on a pad than GT7, they have their steering filtering absolutely nailed and always have done. The whole game is designed around the pad which is why wheel gameplay has never been a priority for them and tbh has mostly been dog shit. GT7 is harder to control on a pad but is way better to play on a wheel than Forza.

pop_tarts

I only play on wheel and peddle set so I can't say what both games feels like on a controller, but the fact is, out of the box GT7 feels miles above FM2023. The main reason I enjoy GT7 over Forza are the license test, they make you feel like you're pretty quick especially when you get gold. Forza's implementation of fuel, tires and pitstops was half assed and lazy. There's no strategy necessary if you give them how many laps a certain amount of fuel is needed for each race. All in all a very half baked game for a 6 year development cycle.

Neo_game

GTA6, Hellblade2, Wukong looking at these games we can see that there are good upgrades. It is sad to see racing games for some reason are unable to make that jump.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Forza definitely plays better on a pad than GT7, they have their steering filtering absolutely nailed and always have done. The whole game is designed around the pad which is why wheel gameplay has never been a priority for them and tbh has mostly been dog shit. GT7 is harder to control on a pad but is way better to play on a wheel than Forza.
I've gone back to GT7 this week and I feel opposite, GT7 feels easier to control, almost arcade in comparison to FM. Not saying that FM is a pure sim but there does seem a bit more to controlling the cars going around corners.

Edit I've just done a back to back with a Sierra RS500 around Spar and it was hard to get the back end out on GT7. Checked stability control and then knocked it down to 1 and it was much better than it was.
So just off that car I'd say they are very similar in handling and play on controller with maybe FM with a touch more detail in the control.

Graphic wise GT7 does look impressive but I don't like the over shiny sun reflection off the cars.
FM also looks impressive at times I can't decide which looks best overall as both look great at times and both can look average.

Last edited:
Bro this thread's still going? How? We all know which game overall looks better (GT7). It's not even really up for debate anymore aside some small areas Forza has an advantage in, even then it depends on TOD and specific weather conditions.

I agree with the people saying Forza's easier on a pad than GT tho, hasn't it always kind of been that way? Forza's more "simcade" anyway so they'd prioritize pad players. If you want the immersive wheel experience tho (between the two), it's GT no contest.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Now this thread seems to be about which game is more fun to play. At least on a controller, it's Forza Motorsport. Both games have a sad single player campaign so not that it matters much anyway.

Yeah it seems like it's gonne be quite extensive.

Check his last tweets, should give a glimpse of what's gonna be covered.

I just wanna see if they're going to be honest in their coverage or find ways to "conveniently" give one game the edge while going against general consensus that everyone else has already reached after months of comparisons.

I mean it is DF; they have a history of omitting points that are in favor of PS5, see Ghostwire Tokyo RT comparison. Also are they running Forza on Series X for this or a 4090/i9 combo on Windows 11?

Last edited:
Forza Motorsport is objectively a bad game. It’s bad in quality, it’s bad in design, it’s bad in multiplayer. To see it win any award is insulting. While the sports category wasn’t strong this year, every other nominee in this category was light years ahead of Forza. All Forza winning showed is that it’s clear Microsoft bankrolled a large part of TGA this year. The show exists through its sponsors and that’s that.

Everywhere you look, the response of players who paid for this game has been overwhelmingly negative. On pc, it’s overwhelmingly negative, on Xbox, it’s negative. I have played the game and quickly dropped it because it’s objectively bad and imo, it’s the worst mainline Forza ever released in terms of quality.

The people arguing in its favour on here are the usual Xbox stans like Adamsapple and co. We know they have an agenda to push and they cannot be objective. You see it in their posts so their opinions are worth nothing and basically irrelevant. The rest of the people who’ve giving the game a fair shake from an objective point of view can see its problems. Now if you still enjoy the game despite its problems, that’s fine. What you can’t do is try to brush the problems away.

BigLee74

I can confirm that Forzas single player campaign, like pretty much all racing games, is awful.

5 races in a series, top the leaderboard (or don’t), get nothing, move on to next series.

The racing is fun, obviously, but the overall campaign is very dry.

BigLee74

Forza Motorsport is objectively a bad game. It’s bad in quality, it’s bad in design, it’s bad in multiplayer. To see it win any award is insulting. While the sports category wasn’t strong this year, every other nominee in this category was light years ahead of Forza. All Forza winning showed is that it’s clear Microsoft bankrolled a large part of TGA this year. The show exists through its sponsors and that’s that.

Everywhere you look, the response of players who paid for this game has been overwhelmingly negative. On pc, it’s overwhelmingly negative, on Xbox, it’s negative. I have played the game and quickly dropped it because it’s objectively bad and imo, it’s the worst mainline Forza ever released in terms of quality.

The people arguing in its favour on here are the usual Xbox stans like Adamsapple and co. We know they have an agenda to push and they cannot be objective. You see it in their posts so their opinions are worth nothing and basically irrelevant. The rest of the people who’ve giving the game a fair shake from an objective point of view can see its problems. Now if you still enjoy the game despite its problems, that’s fine. What you can’t do is try to brush the problems away.
I love how folk throw the word objectively about as if they are speaking fact and nobody else’s opinion counts. Zoom zoom, matey!

Skifi28

I can confirm that Forzas single player campaign, like pretty much all racing games, is awful.

5 races in a series, top the leaderboard (or don’t), get nothing, move on to next series.

My biggest gripe so far is that I can't change my car in the same series like in previous Forzas, having the same cars for 5 races in a row with each being 5-7 laps is quite a chore. There goes the variety and trying out cars which is 50% of the fun...

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

True! Maybe it's time to install GT4 on my Steam Deck, again...

I honestly don't see how it won Accessibility, considering every other game in that category has to do more to both make them accessible but still not conflict with the intended game design.

For Best Racing I can understand purely because it's the most well-known name of that flock, even if The Crew Motorfest is a better game. It's the Accessibility win that's completely laughable, all things considered.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Forza Motorsport is objectively a bad game. It’s bad in quality, it’s bad in design, it’s bad in multiplayer. To see it win any award is insulting.

The people arguing in its favour on here are the usual Xbox stans like Adamsapple and co. We know they have an agenda to push and they cannot be objective.

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

You should make some charts with more of these 'objective' facts.

I love how folk throw the word objectively about as if they are speaking fact and nobody else’s opinion counts. Zoom zoom, matey!

That post has more objectives than an average game's mission.

Last edited:
Objective can be thrown around because i simply compare the quantifiable metrics of the game to its predecessors. The game’s performance on pc is objectively bad and can be quantified/graphed. The number of bugs in this game far outstrip other forzas and can be objectively quantified. The games multiplayer can be quantified and we can do so by comparing the intended design outcome to the actual outcome. Taking a look at the broken penalty system for example, we look at the number of times where the actual outcome of penalties deviates from the intended outcome. The count is far too numerous.

Let’s ignore the merits of Forza’s design as that is entirely subjective. Instead, we just track the design goals in intended outcome vs actual outcome. We can say with 100% certainty that Forza Motorsport design goals failed meet all the intended outcomes set forth by the developer. There are far too many instances where developers intended outcome deviates from the actual outcome of the game.

Now this is not uncommon in games but in Forza’s case, the deviations have a detrimental effect on the game rendering it borderline unplayable for many. That is why it sits at overwhelming negative on steam. The fact that a game with such huge issues can win best sports game is laughable and an insult to the other nominees. The Forza community has memed the game to death on YouTube and TikTok for being built from the ground up. Despite that, we have the delusional squad up here trying to rewrite history with their alternate “facts”.

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

You should make some charts with more of these 'objective' facts.

That post has more objectives than an average game's mission.
Are you worthy of a real response? Based on your tag and behaviour, the answer is no. Furthermore, I don’t get into debates with village clowns and rn, you’re the resident neogaf village clown.

adamsapple adamsapple rn:

cure GIF

Last edited:

BigLee74

Objective can be thrown around because i simply compare the quantifiable metrics of the game to its predecessors. The game’s performance on pc is objectively bad and can be quantified/graphed. The number of bugs in this game far outstrip other forzas and can be objectively quantified. The games multiplayer can be quantified and we can do so by comparing the intended design outcome to the actual outcome. Taking a look at the broken penalty system for example, we look at the number of times where the actual outcome of penalties deviates from the intended outcome. The count is far too numerous.

Let’s ignore the merits of Forza’s design as that is entirely subjective. Instead, we just track the design goals in intended outcome vs actual outcome. We can say with 100% certainty that Forza Motorsport design goals failed meet all the intended outcomes set forth by the developer. There are far too many instances where developers intended outcome deviates from the actual outcome of the game.

Now this is not uncommon in games but in Forza’s case, the deviations have a detrimental effect on the game rendering it borderline unplayable for many. That is why it sits at overwhelming negative on steam. The fact that a game with such huge issues can win best sports game is laughable and an insult to the other nominees. The Forza community has memed the game to death on YouTube and TikTok for being built from the ground up. Despite that, we have the delusional squad up here trying to rewrite history with their alternate “facts”.
Objectively too long to read as I am pissed. Thanks anyway!

Come on! We're waiting!

We know the answer (both have strengths and weaknesses but FM2023 is an incomplete game) but I'm excited about the video.

6 months before, Spencer:

"Releasing games AT QUALITY" yeah, sure buddy.

the fact that people were struggling to show a clear winner in this race meant Forza undelivered when is a supposedly Next-Gen-only game.

Edit: But I think the video will have a positive impact on Forza's engagement because the CoD camping was longer that the buzz around this game.

Last edited:

pop_tarts

This is spot on, yeah. I'm enjoying Forza Motorsport, but it feels like an early access game right now. I get the feeling Turn 10 was working as a support studio while a small core team worked on this game. My guess is that it'll be a much bigger game than any previous Forza Motorsport within a couple years.
I could only get behind that if it wasn't in development for 6 years. and it wasn't missing tracks just to read them as DLC (Yas Marina and Hockenheimring) with both tracks in the past 2 games with no real graphical upgrades. Its a shame, but I guess its since it's free can't complain? Meh

nick776

This game could have been huge. Though I am playing this more than any Forza game ever, and the physics feel awesome, the game is so barebones. I would say another year of marinating, but after 6 years, considering Turn 10s track record, I am baffled with the end results.
Yes, 6 years is ABSURD. I think Microsoft isn't going to improve their studio situation until things get a lot worse for them, it is as if they do not care.

pop_tarts

To be honest, I think DF was too soft on Forza's visuals. I get it, you need to sound as unbiased as you can and still get the message across. Maybe they can do a politically incorrect version shyting on both versions.

SimTourist

Yeah, it's a complete blowout, doubly embarassing for Turn10 because GT7 is only a small visual bump over GT Sport, so they're still chasing after a 2017 game.

To be honest, I think DF was too soft on Forza's visuals. I get it, you need to sound as unbiased as you can and still get the message across. Maybe they can do a politically incorrect version shyting on both versions.
well, the dude basically said "Forza is trash" by proxy of the buzz around the game by forza fans themselves.

that's pretty damming and circumvents dumb fanboys/console warriors.

ikbalCO

Finally i was able watch it at work while preparing a report.

Forza is very ambitious and looks great, but you just cant mess with the king.

GT once again in a league of their own…

tommib

Really disappointed by some of my PS bros in this thread. Especially demigod and flutta. LOL reactions. Memes. i thought the median age on this forum was 33??

Forza's lighting is a clear leap over the harsh bright gamish lighting on the GT7 track. Other comparisons might tell a different story but i watched the first half of the video and its insane that this is even being debated. The light bounce on the track and trees alone is leagues ahead of the flat and dull light bounce in GT7. The washed out look is a personal preference but the technical leap is clearly there for everyone to see. And this is with ray tracing on track which you dont even get on GT7. Honestly what are we doing here?

At least insane metal is engaging in actual discussion. really disappointed right now because im being forced to agree with adamsapple of all people lmao. You go adam, your comparisons are on point and forza clearly looks better. you have my axe.
Your graphic supremacist card should be revoked ad eternum.

Elysium44

Banned
Finally i was able watch it at work while preparing a report.

Forza is very ambitious and looks great, but you just cant mess with the king.

GT once again in a league of their own…

Forza did beat the king previously, Forza Motorsport 3/4 were better (at least graphically) than GT at the time. Trouble is they've largely stood still and with FM2023 actually gone backwards, while GT has kept improving.

ikbalCO

Thread is dead. Long live Gran Turismo. Here’s to another 200 hours in 2024.
Yeah, yamauchi is just a pure perfectionist. Even in scenes where forza looks better its like nope, gt was just going for a realistic look.

Also lol @ people claiming forza has better lighting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom