• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport (XSX) vs Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) Graphics Comparison (Up: Video in OP replaced as IGN one was not fit for purpose)

Which is better?

• Forza Motorsport(2023)

Votes: 170 24.1%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 404 57.2%
  • Mario Kart 8DX

Votes: 132 18.7%

• Total voters

roxya

Speaking of sky. This link is a good read on how PD developed their own real time sky simulation in GT7. The most impressive part is they've been able to achieved this on the damn decade old Jaguar CPU. They really went full autistic on this one. https://ubm-twvideo01.s3.amazonaws....ides/RealisticReal-TimeSky_Suzuki_Kentaro.pdf
That was a really interesting read. I feel dumb now. Crazy how smart the people working on games are and the kind of things they pull off.

GHG

Gold Member
Well first of all that's an opinion of one poster, your opinion is different. One hasn't been proven over the other. So how you think you've debunked anything is hilarious. You can't debunk an opinion you ignoramus.

The more you talk the more you eat yourself.

I never stated that I have debunked anything, I've been forthright in providing third party statements from independent individuals/outlets that are well trusted sources in this space.

And if you are now going to state that the statement in question was nothing more than an "opinion", then at least we can all agree that it is only based around that individual's personal whim rather than being grounded in fact.

Last edited:
The more you talk the more you eat yourself.

I never stated that I have debunked anything, I've been forthright in providing third party statements from independent individuals/outlets that are well trusted sources in this space.

And if you are now going to state that the statement in question was nothing more than an "opinion", then at least we can all agree that it is only based around that individual's personal whim rather than being grounded in fact.
"Nothing said in your little marketing clip there backs up the statements that were previously touted and subsequently disputed/debunked"

That's your comment right? take a look at the last word you wrote 🤣 Mate there are no facts in this discussion it's all opinions as I have stated many times to you. You really need to read the posts more carefully before going on long rants. Riky has his opinion you questioned it as you are entitled but you have presented nothing factual.

I'm done with this back and forth as I only ever said it felt the best to me, I never said it has the best physics and that my friend is a fact.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
"Nothing said in your little marketing clip there backs up the statements that were previously touted and subsequently disputed/debunked"

That's your comment right? take a look at the last word you wrote 🤣

Still not seeing where it says I have debunked anything. A range of sources have been provided (including the video that adamsapple adamsapple himself provided, which that post was a direct response to), a number of other people in this thread have also chimed in on this.

Mate there are no facts in this discussion it's all opinions as I have stated many times to you. You really need to read the posts more carefully before going on long rants. Riky has his opinion you questioned it as you are entitled but you have presented nothing factual.

I'm none with this back and forth as I only ever said it felt the best to me, I never said it has the best physics and that my friend is a fact.

Well this is good to know, in that case everyone can safely disregard the comments from both you and Riky Riky on this subject (as was already the case anyway).

sendit

WTF...Look, I'm all for optimization. But when a player/user zooms in, the engine has to be smart enough to increase the LOD.....

7lyAQUc.png

This game is a god damn joke.

Last edited:

sinnergy

WTF...Look, I'm all for optimization. But when a player/user zooms in, the engine has to be smart enough to increase the LOD.....

7lyAQUc.png

This game is a god damn joke.
I care about driving ! So no. I rather they put resources at 60 frames elsewhere.

Maybe they should make a separate game for you guys ! A car photography game 🤣 a bit like Pokémon snap, gotta collect them all.

Last edited:

BigLee74

I care about driving ! So no. I rather they put resources at 60 frames elsewhere.

Maybe they should make a separate game for you guys ! A car photography game 🤣 a bit like Pokémon snap, gotta collect them all.

It’s a fair point. You notice absolutely none of this when playing the game (100% of the time for 99% of the players).

Alas, if you provide a photomode to showcase your game, you have to ramp up the details or face the might of NeoGAF posting photos of 10-sided circles.

Last edited:

sendit

They didn't put the resources at 60 FPS, that's why their is an optional 30 FPS mode and horrible use of ray tracing.

Also, another question for those who own the console version of Forza Motorsport. Is Quality Mode (30 FPS) locked out of multiplayer? If not, it brings up another issue of T10 locking the PC version to 60 FPS in multiplayer.

Last edited:

Three

You say that like they can't do both. Other games do both and the car models at 60fps don't look this bad. Some of it is plain wtf territory like the Ford ST logo on the OZ wheel.

GHG

Gold Member

You get 60fps + all the details on FH5 on PC.

There's no excuse, especially considering those screenshots are from the respective PC versions.

GHG

Gold Member
No, you're imagining things. I'm saying get the camera all the way back there so we can see if there is a gap like in Forza.

That, sir, is a shadow:

If the emblem was flat to the front fascia (as it should be) then such a large shadow would be impossible to create.

This isn't a problem with camera angles, it's with the model.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That, sir, is a shadow:

If the emblem was flat to the front fascia (as it should be) then such a large shadow would be impossible to create.

Right, in the video the guy gets the camera all the way up the grill's ass and you can see the logo is hovering a few inches ahead of the car's body itself.

But, again, that's something no one would ever notice unless you get the camera right up all the way in it.

GHG

Gold Member
Right, in the video the guy gets the camera all the way up the grill's ass and you can see the logo is hovering a few inches ahead of the car's body itself.

But, again, that's something no one would ever notice unless you get the camera right up all the way in it.

So what, people are comparing the details of the models.

I never saw you complaining about anyone doing close-up shots until now, so what's changed?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So what, people are comparing the details of the models.

I never saw you complaining about anyone doing close-up shots until now, so what's changed?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

What is with the needless snark G, lol.

I do that now and then, just did that yesterday as well.

Anyway, that wasn't the point at all, I was saying if someone can also get the camera up in there in the GT model to see if it is physically attached to the car or if it also has some kind of odd behavior like FM's.

Go to sleep, it's like 3AM where you are :messenger_grinning_sweat:

GHG

Gold Member
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

What is with the needless snark G, lol.

I do that now and then, just did that yesterday as well.

Anyway, that wasn't the point at all, I was saying if someone can also get the camera up in there in the GT model to see if it is physically attached to the car or if it also has some kind of odd behavior like FM's.

Go to sleep, it's like 3AM where you are :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The camera being up in the grill will not yield the result you desire for obvious reasons, but have at it.

And what can I say, I like cooking apples on occasion at 3 in the morning.

I'm actually waiting on some overdue work from a freelancer for a project that's due tomorrow if you can believe it.

I too, build my software "from the ground up" but fail to mention that pretty much all of it is outsourced 😉

Elysium44

Banned
Just to point out in case it makes any difference to people's opinions that the car is stationary in all the shots, there is no motion blur or depth of field. The FM 2023 textures are just completely lacking in detail (this was with track texture quality set to the highest setting).

I've played quite a lot of FM2023 lately, and going to FM6 afterwards it is striking how good that game looks in motion, really impressive what previous Turn 10 devs squeezed out of the old Xbox One. I wonder if those devs still work there, I'm guessing not.

Last edited:

Three

Just to point out in case it makes any difference to people's opinions that the car is stationary in all the shots, there is no motion blur or depth of field. The FM 2023 textures are just completely lacking in detail (this was with track texture quality set to the highest setting).

I've played quite a lot of FM2023 lately, and going to FM6 afterwards it is striking how good that game looks in motion, really impressive what previous Turn 10 devs squeezed out of the old Xbox One. I wonder if those devs still work there, I'm guessing not.
I thought maybe some were mixing up which is FM6 and which is FM23 because of the order you did them in (FM23 first FM6 second) but then there was a comment about sharpness which made me think twice.

Elysium44

Banned
I thought maybe some were mixing up which is FM6 and which is FM23 because of the order you did them in (FM23 first FM6 second) but then there was a comment about sharpness which made me think twice.

I thought the same, I assumed I probably didn't need to label them as people here ought to be familiar with which is which, but the hostile response made me wonder.

sendit

In terms of creative director throughout the Forza series.

Dan Greenawalt > Chris Esaki. Chris Esaki seems out of his league here. I can't even say this is a good first attempt. It's pretty bad actually given that Forza is a key pillar in Microsoft's game line up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom