• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fotonica: Canabalt meets Mirror's Edge meets Rez. Also free.

Neiteio

Dark Octave said:
Actually yeah, that might be a cool thing.
I actually just said it to playfully get on the nerves of the few driven mad by all the 3DS threads/ports, but it would indeed work well on the 3DS!

Its kind of fun the first few times. But the level design is not that great in some places combined with having to jump two or three seconds before the platform actually ends or that you have to start "landing" before you reach the platform leads to some annoying trial and error.

Proven

Lostconfused said:
Its kind of fun the first few times. But the level design is not that great in some places combined with having to jump two or three seconds before the platform actually ends or that you have to start "landing" a before you reach the platform leads to some annoying trial and error.

This is me. This is why I stopped playing.

Station42

MisterAnderson said:
Is there any way to make it full screen? I can't find any options for that.

Unfortunately kongregate does not allow us to have a fullscreen option.

But we will release a standalone version for mac and pc if the game is successful enough on kong.

Station42

Sorry for the megabump but we just released the full version of Fotonica on the Humble Store: www.fotonica-game.com

If you had bought the game previously don't worry, we are in the process of sending a free download code to everyone!

therapist

Cool game but its not free.

Description
This is the DEMO for Fotonica. The full version is coming out soon! FOTONICA is a first person game about jumping, sense of speed and exploration. The key is timing, the goal is exploring and traveling flawlessly through the environment. The setting is an abstract, mainly duotone outlined world, with a look referring to the ‘50s geometrical abstractions as well as the 3D low-poly gaming-era.

5$ and its DRM free....SOLD

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Cool game but its not free.

Description
This is the DEMO for Fotonica. The full version is coming out soon! FOTONICA is a first person game about jumping, sense of speed and exploration. The key is timing, the goal is exploring and traveling flawlessly through the environment. The setting is an abstract, mainly duotone outlined world, with a look referring to the ‘50s geometrical abstractions as well as the 3D low-poly gaming-era.

5$ and its DRM free....SOLD

It was free when I made the thread 16 months ago.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The thread title is spot on! I checked this out on Playism and it looks pretty fucking cool.

Station42

It was free when I made the thread 16 months ago.

Yep! We initially released it for free on Kongregate with just two levels + an endless mode.

That's what we call the "demo" now; the final version has 5 levels + endless, better controls, split screen multiplayer, a new soundtrack, online rankings, support for older gfx cards and achievements!

Zia

Yep! We initially released it for free on Kongregate with just two levels + an endless mode.

That's what we call the "demo" now; the final version has 5 levels + endless, better controls, split screen multiplayer, a new soundtrack, online rankings, support for older gfx cards and achievements!

Congratulations on the release! Love the game and plan on purchasing it as soon as I get some spare change. Are the levels in this the same as the IGF build? I played through that four, maybe five times? Wonderful game. Hope we'll see some press in the coming days.

Edit: Oh, apparently it released some time ago? Wow. : x

Station42

Congratulations on the release! Love the game and plan on purchasing it as soon as I get some spare change. Are the levels in this the same as the IGF build? I played through that four, maybe five times? Wonderful game. Hope we'll see some press in the coming days.

Edit: Oh, apparently it released some time ago? Wow. : x

Yes, we released it last year as "pay what you want", now we moved to the Humble Store with a fixed price that resulted from the average "donation". We have emailed all previous customers (even those who paid $0.01) a free code for the Humble Store download.

This build is mostly identical to the IGF build, if you mean IGF 2012!

Top Bottom