• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FOX feels Gordon Ramsay is critically underutilized, orders fourth reality series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
American reality tv versions of UK shows always seem so melodramatic and ridiculous when compared to the British versions. Why the need for the crazy music and sudden dramatic music cues? It's stupid. Stop it.

I love Ramsay so I'm definitely cool with this. I can't help but wonder how he finds the time to do all these reality shows and keep 20+ restaurants running. He must have one hell of a staff keeping an eye on them.

I'd rather he do another season Gordon's Great Escape though.

I would also like to mention the F Word that has already been mentioned. Watching chef be all charming with the celebrities while they are cooking against each other is pretty funny. They even beat him once in a while and he would get pissed.

I also like the season when they had viewers write in which restaurants were their favorites. Chef and the producers narrowed it down to which restaurant was the best in each category, chinese, british, etc. Then had them battle it out.

fudgey_lumpkins said:
I like Food Network's version of this guy better. The Dinner / Kitchen Impossible guy.

I like Robert Irvine's version better too.

I have seen the UK version of Gordon's show (I think BBC America?), I liked it better.

Bigfoot

I like Irvine. Only thing is, with both his Impossible shows, you are guaranteed to hear the words "I think this will be the first mission we actually fail" once per episode.

Ramsay is awesome too. I would love to see him compete on Iron Chef some day if Fox would allow it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I absolutely love Ramsay's shows. He's a great guy, too, apparently.

I caught his family Christmas (or Thanksgiving, I can't remember which) show on BBC America last year and it was fantastic. He's hilarious. I'll watch this show day one.

That said, I agree with others when saying Kitchen: Impossible with Robert Irvine is a better show than Kitchen Nightmares.

satriales said:
This is good news as it keeps him away from UK screens. How about you give us Hugh Laurie back now and we'll call it even?
Indeed! I love Hugh Laurie but I'd love to see him come back to UK television after this final season of House.

Gordon is more a businessman than a chef.

Odrion

Banned
I thought that Ramsey was a big douche (from all those old ads of his shows where he's making dudes shit their pants), but my friend shown me a couple of his other shows (like that world traveling one) and he seems like a great guy.

I will continue to watch his stuff on Netflix.

Gen.Grievous said:
UK Kitchen Nightmares and the F word were brilliant. Especially the latter was a good show, the cook off vs. celebrities, the raising of animals that would be eaten in the final episode, interesting characters all around. US Kitchen Nightmares is terrible because it's more Dr Phil than rescuing a failing restaurant. I don't think Hotel Hell will be any better sadly. Strange as there must be failing hotels/restaurants run by people with a functional family.

This a million times over. I wish those who have only seen the US tripe could see the UK versions as well as the F Word. F Word through all seasons is so good!

DavieC726

satriales said:
This is good news as it keeps him away from UK screens. How about you give us Hugh Laurie back now and we'll call it even?

Don't worry, House is entering its Final season, you'll get him back soon. Thanks for letting us borrow him though!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
mrbagdt said:
is the american version of 'kitchen nightmare' different? i have just started watching the series on netflix, have seen maybe 15 episodes of the 32 on there, i really like the show. my wife says that he is completely different on this show than he is on his others like hells kitchen and enjoying kitchen nightmare doesnt mean you will enjoy the other series.

It's pretty shitty compared to the UK one, which is much more unpredictable, feels less scripted, and doesn't always have a happy ending. F Word is really good too.

Has anyone seen Shark Bait where he tackles the issue of shark finning?

leadbelly

Banned
Slayven said:
When does the guy have time to take a shit? He has fifty UK shows, suing his wife's family, getting ripped off, and 24 american shows. He is like a real life Wolverine.

Actually, I don't think he has done anything in the UK for a few years now. Too busy in the US I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom