• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News gets trolled hard by a former Obama supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh7289

I don't consider any main stream media to be objective or credible in their coverage, so this doesn't surprise me. What I find funny is that GAF loves to jump on Fox News as being biased, when if you look at the hosts and coverage, an outlet like MSNBC is far more biased and in the tank for one side. You cannot look at their 5-10pm lineups objectively and come to any other conclusion.

What GAFers don't like about Fox is their narrative, but they try and hide behind saying it's that Fox is dishonest, when none of these networks are honest.

I laughed.

False equivalencies. Fox News is far worse than most other stations. But it's true that none are 'ideal'. Ideally they wouldn't have to ridicule the right wingers like MSNBC does, because the facts themselves should be able to do all the talking to discredit the misinformation Fox News puts out.

Both campaigns try to control their message through plants and audience setup - where I have a problem will be the debates, where the networks are supposed to be doing their job in representing the interests of the people (assuming this is what you think a free press is for) and instead everyone of the questions they get from a citizen will be screened before it is asked.

You think Obama will get a question in the traditional "town hall" debate about droning Americans without due process? Not a chance.

Isn't the issue that news organizations shouldn't be seen as part and parcel to a campaign?

Emwitus

Isn't shock humor supposed to be disturbing? I am not a fan of the brand of humor but he is crazy for telling jokes?

Yes. Telling a joke about raping anyone let alone a minor is something i would put in the crazy category. The joke isn't even funny.

Yes. Telling a joke about raping anyone let alone a minor is something i would put in the crazy category. The joke isn't even funny.

To us maybe, but some find 9/11 jokes, race jokes, etc. funny. Its why shows like South Park exist, shock humor.

I do not find it funny but I do not see how he is crazy for doing his job.

False equivalencies. Fox News is far worse than most other stations. But it's true that none are 'ideal'. Ideally they wouldn't have to ridicule the right wingers like MSNBC does, because the facts themselves should be able to do all the talking to discredit the misinformation Fox News puts out.

Its not a false equivalency... A case definitely can be made for MSNBC being more biased.

I guess I couldn't tell when his comedy routine began and mental retardation ends.
This is not cool in my opinion even though people on Neogaf love to use put downs like this or telling someone that they have aspergers syndrome.

I'd say he made Faux News look stupid, but that would be redundant. This woman and her idiot sidekicks are the ones that said Planned Parenthood isn't needed because women can get pap smears at Wal Mart.

Kosmo

Banned

You live in a fantasy land if you think MSNBC is not as, or more biased than Fox News. I'm not making the argument that Fox News is unbiased.

I understand what he was trying to do but he did it poorly. Too much too soon.

It should have been: Joke...show knowledge...joke...show knowledge, show knowledge... joke.

Instead we got: Joke, joke...awkward moment...joke...desperate ramble...hilarious cut off.

The guy is obviously no Jon Stewart.

Hex

Banned
I agree with the "wasted chance" group.
This guy thinks himself far more clever and amusing than he is.
Just another idiot.
He had a platform to say something or put something out there and he wasted it doing stupid piss poor trolling attempts like he was in some stupid internet chatroom.

Nvm. I realized i'm derailing the thread now. No hard feelings.

There is a difference though, the guy from Seinfeld was insulting someone outside of his routine (although personally I feel he should be forgiven because he was being heckled and has probably learned the error of his ways).
Edit : Nvm you changed your post.

Anyways the thread his about his jokes, making Fox look bad, etc.

How are you derailing?

drspeedy

I never watch Fox news, and things like this means I'm not going to. Admittedly, most news networks are biased as shit, so I tend to just watch Cobert Report or John Sterwart. Least biased news on TV, and it's a comedy show.

They're definitely biased... I just happen to agree with a lot of their biases.

This kid failed on every level. Could have been good, but turned out just rude and poorly thought out. To quote Bill Waterson, "If you want to shock and provoke, be sincere about it."

Mainstream commercial nihilism can't be trusted, kiddo.

I just watch the NewsHour and that's about it. Fox is offensive and I don't see how anyone can watch them, even "ironically", and get any enjoyment or information from them. Either way, it is the equivalent of putting a pot on your head and banging it with a large metal spoon; you're either an idiot or you have a warped sense of "fun".

And, while I don't think MSNBC is as bad (no false equivalency from me), their personalities are awful as well. That Ed guy seems like an idiot, Sharpton is... Sharpton, I don't think Maddow is funny and her folksy, aww-shucks demeanor aren't what I want from the news, and Lawrence O'Donnel is so smug and arrogant. Dan Abrams had a good show (but that was before MSNBC decided to rebrand themselves as left media), and I enjoyed the guy on CNN (I think his last name was Brown) who would read the papers at the end of his show, but both are long gone.

But, what do I know?

You live in a fantasy land if you think MSNBC is not as, or more biased than Fox News. I'm not making the argument that Fox News is unbiased.

So unbiased they give a former Republican congressmen three hours every morning.

Name a single liberal commentator on Fox.

Kusagari

lol MSNBC hasn't done half the outlandish shit Fox has to paint a picture their way.

And note that I'm not arguing MSNBC isn't biased, they clearly are, but Fox is in a league of their own.

I agree with the "wasted chance" group.
This guy thinks himself far more clever and amusing than he is.
Just another idiot.
He had a platform to say something or put something out there and he wasted it doing stupid piss poor trolling attempts like he was in some stupid internet chatroom.

Except he is not "trolling"... The topic creator placed that motive on him. He was trying to make a point using humor I think. Also how does the man think he is clever? How do you know?

Good lord, how many times have you been REPEATEDLY called out on how wrong you are and yet you still perpetuate this bullshit.

MSNBC is certainly biased but I find their opinion shows to be much less inflammatory and much less likely to misinform the viewer. For me, at least, FXN's bias has never been the issue, it's been the conveyance of that bias.

Nice to see you're still spouting the mind-numbing bullshit as you were last year when I had the displeasure of reading your posts, and basically every single thing you ever said was proven wrong by fact checking, and you proved multiple times you hadn't the faintest clue of what you're talking about. yet now you're still talking about 'bias'? You're evidence that some people don't learn jack, and don't modify or alter their views no matter how much fact and reality is thrown in their face. You'd have to be insane, irrational, or both combined so make that sort of equivalency in the kinds of shit, blatant lies, and dangerous narratives that Fox spouts and tries to get away with, vs any other network. Well done. Maybe try for 5 seconds to lift yourself out of your intensely partisan mindframe, and see reality for what it is. Not everything is equivalent, and if you got head out of those right wing blogs and started thinking for yourself maybe you'd realize that. Who am I kidding, you clearly don't have the sincerity or intention to do so. People like you are seriously everything that is wrong with the country.

Coconut

Banned
We all know Fox News is fake, but anyone else feel like this is a dude that looked like a dweeb on TV and is trying to save face?

lol MSNBC hasn't done half the outlandish shit Fox has to paint a picture their way.

And note that I'm not arguing MSNBC isn't biased, they clearly are, but Fox is in a league of their own.
MSNBC runs ads for the DNC with their hosts practically... Did you watch the Al Sharpton ad?

I think there is an argument to say that MSNBC is as partisan as Fox News is, however they don't use a bias to hide and misrepresent facts. MSNBC presents reality in order to paint a narrative, while Fox often distorts reality to serve their interests.
You could argue that MSNBC does a disservice by not giving equal voice to the Right but you would be lying to say they are equivalent to Fox.

Name a single liberal commentator on Fox.

Sally Kohn, but she's not on their payroll and isn't remotely prominent.

I think there is an argument to say that MSNBC is as partisan as Fox News is, however they don't use a bias to hide and misrepresent facts. MSNBC presents reality in order to paint a narrative, while Fox often distorts reality to serve their interests.
You could argue that MSNBC does a disservice by not giving equal voice to the Right but you would be lying to say they are equivalent to Fox.

Sally Kohn, but she's not on their payroll and isn't remotely prominent.

Marc Lamont hill is pretty good on O'Reilly.
marclamonthill-foxnews.png

Also Alan Colmes.
21_61_colmes_alan_320.jpg

I would say MSNBC is more biased because the hosts often descend into diatribes and get "yes" men/women on to back them up. Fox atleast gets other views on even if to shout them down.

UrbanRats

I think he's crazy because he said crazy things.

I'd probably think you're crazy if you've said crazy things too ... have you? :p

You must think most comedians are crazy, if you take their jokes at face value, Louis CK, Patrice O'Neal, George Carlin, etc etc..
That said, i haven't seen his stand up so he still might be an awful comedian.

As far as the video in the OP goes, i agree with this:
I understand what he was trying to do but he did it poorly. Too much too soon.

It should have been: Joke...show knowledge...joke...show knowledge, show knowledge... joke.

Instead we got: Joke, joke...awkward moment...joke...desperate ramble...hilarious cut off.

The guy is obviously no Jon Stewart.

Jon Stewart's guest appearances on Fox are often more entertaining than most media you pay for. Someone create a thread the next time it happens and PM me with footage

Kazerei

Banned
You must think most comedians are crazy, if you take their jokes at face value, Louis CK, Patrice O'Neal, George Carlin, etc etc..
That said, i haven't seen his stand up so he still might be an awful comedian.

No I don't take their jokes at face value, they're obviously not serious. Neither is this kid, but he's still crazy for saying "you can rape kids in Juarez".

Hex

Banned
Except he is not "trolling"... The topic creator placed that motive on him. He was trying to make a point using humor I think. Also how does the man think he is clever? How do you know?

Well I would start by saying I have never met anyone aspiring to be a comedian that did not think that they were clever. It kind of goes with the territory.
Then I would probably follow by saying that
"“Hello Miss USA,” he said after being introduced. “It’s an honor. I wish I could see you.”
“Oh, I was a huge Obama supporter in 2008,” he replied. “I met him in third grade. I met him when I was little. What’s your question?”
and various other things seem to pretty much point to (in my opinion) trolling and not any attempts at making any real points.
It is pretty easy to say "but the fact that he was on was the whole point", but I do not agree.
Points could have been made, all that were needed were words and instead there were stupid comments which served no purpose.

Kosmo

Banned
Good lord, how many times have you been REPEATEDLY called out on how wrong you are and yet you still perpetuate this bullshit.

Many have attempted to say I'm wrong, but how can you look at these primetime (5-10pm) lineups and say Fox is more biased:

Hardball with Chris "Thrill up my leg" Mathews vs. The Five (usually 1 Dem, 2 repubs, and 2 airheads)
Politics nation with Al Sharpton vs. Special Report with Bret Baier
Hardball (again) vs. Fox Report with Shep Smith (usually just straight news reporting)
The Ed Show vs. The O'Reilly Factor
Maddow vs. Hannity (draw)
Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell vs. Greta van Susteren

Which of these MSNBC shows do I tune into to get even somewhat honest coverage of Obama that is not a circle jerk of his policies? Lawrence O'Donnell even went so far as to say jokes at the RNC about Obama golfing were some secret dog whistle to talk about the PGA Tour, and thus Tiger Woods and to tie Obama to Tiger an his infidelity as a part of some grand scheme to racialize it. It was preposterous.

ari

Banned
Marc Lamont hill is pretty good on O'Reilly.
marclamonthill-foxnews.png

Also Alan Colmes.
21_61_colmes_alan_320.jpg

I would say MSNBC is more biased because the hosts often descend into diatribes and get "yes" men/women on to back them up. Fox atleast gets other views on even if to shout them down.

every fox news anchor have conservative AM radio shows that bashes everything left all over the country. Not one msnbc anchor does that. They openly admits that they are liberal and fox news hides it behind smugness. Totally different.

That is the first i have ever heard that msnbc is worst then fox. oh wow. lol

Kosmo

Banned
every fox news anchor have conservative AM radio shows that bashes everything left all over the country. Not one msnbc anchor does that. They openly admits that they are liberal and fox news hides it behind smugness. Totally different.

That is the first i have ever heard that msnbc is worst then fox. oh wow. lol

You've been living in a bubble.

ari

Banned
You've been living in a bubble.

yes, thats exactly where i live. Please tell me how msnbc is more left then fox is right? Have you listen to o rielly and sean hannity AM shows? its rush lambaugh type of hatred dude.

Many have attempted to say I'm wrong, but how can you look at these primetime (5-10pm) lineups and say Fox is more biased:

Hardball with Chris "Thrill up my leg" Mathews vs. The Five (usually 1 Dem, 2 repubs, and 2 airheads)
Politics nation with Al Sharpton vs. Special Report with Bret Baier
Hardball (again) vs. Fox Report with Shep Smith (usually just straight news reporting)
The Ed Show vs. The O'Reilly Factor
Maddow vs. Hannity (draw)
Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell vs. Greta van Susteren

Which of these MSNBC shows do I tune into to get even somewhat honest coverage of Obama that is not a circle jerk of his policies? Lawrence O'Donnell even went so far as to say jokes at the RNC about Obama golfing were some secret dog whistle to talk about the PGA Tour, and thus Tiger Woods and to tie Obama to Tiger an his infidelity as a part of some grand scheme to racialize it. It was preposterous.

Hardball isn't liberal hackery, it's shallow, vapid conventional Beltway "analysis" that's so boring it ends up being totally neutral. It's not good, but it's not propaganda. No one could watch it and come away agreeing or disagreeing with it because it's so bland.

Which gives MSNBC four hours of unabashed liberal commentary to Fox's six of conservative. Also consider MSNBC giving three hours every morning to a former GOP Congressman--which is three more than FOX gives to even a single liberal.

The idea that we have a liberal news station is the most laughable thing I've ever heard. The closest you'll get is Democracy Now on PBS.

Kosmo

Banned
yes, thats exactly where i live. Please tell me how msnbc is more left then fox is right? Have you listen to o rielly and sean hannity AM shows? its rush lambaugh type of hatred dude.

I am talking about the shows they put out on Fox News - Hannity is a right wing hack, no argument here. O'Reilly skews right, but he has taken positions in the past on his show that were against Republicans (out of control spending, eventually was against the Iraq war, etc.). I don't listen to him on the radio, so I can't comment.

I am talking about the shows they put out on Fox News - Hannity is a right wing hack, no argument here. O'Reilly skews right, but he has taken positions in the past on his show that were against Republicans (out of control spending, eventually was against the Iraq war, etc.). I don't listen to him on the radio, so I can't comment.

Really not sure how you can post this and call Maddow/Hannity a draw. She's not one to hold back when she disagrees with Dems/Obama, and even if you disagree with her narrative no one approaches Hannity's level of inanity.

"Skews" right?

What are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom