• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free portrait drawing inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhoan

Alcotholic, the NYC GAF thread in OT-Community requires your presence for some clarification on something.

On topic: I still have a bunch of portraits that I've never posted. I work very, VERY slowly and would like to do more portraits once I get through them so bear with me. It'll be ready when it's ready as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'll go back to lurking now. I may or may not be open to seeing how another artist tackles me in the future since I've only done self-portraits.

Alcotholic, the NYC GAF thread in OT-Community requires your presence for some clarification on something.

On topic: I still have a bunch of portraits that I've never posted. I work very, VERY slowly and would like to do more portraits once I get through them so bear with me. It'll be ready when it's ready as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'll go back to lurking now. I may or may not be open to seeing how another artist tackles me in the future since I've only done self-portraits.

Hahaha, ok. I just responded. I feel useful!!!

Avixph

Would anyone of you mind drawing some portrait of me? Here are some photos of me to take inspiration:
Code:
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-49yp5Dh2YDIHDipqee8uVcle5OC4N0sBkIkc1bTM_WhXFqzk6pMyycMLqYVkQfXkoSkItSh7bF73jPmkNYbI-Kq8-Kw9QXrSPBl4W81Kqwyk9mXo-U3-mqF6qRyJYNd3l8ya_s_KLPaKkE2FrugqNpyGZMHU28Nh739x8IRQXqt0eQkL0Fe_nBsXl6C8npH2DBM96JF7eo08AiP5XvM1DGfPdTcmUqBL3yng8p0W2NkHMd3JAMP8EdbePaMeQofCx_V3Yq5vc1juAyg8xrlUfEGwvqKjm-lUyVOkrmxJujTEs3X0JKrWRLb1fvEIZipRLjiAMSSNFMOi9GvMjieg5Y8SUytE77GnO5RcuWVPzzMeO5gsA4zTQWMeJT0AgdKHaGFBFiYvVF7o22k3goVjsnn7D1FtiOC4wo5v7joFMDrV7QXsq46hivqiuoBkL7whqplDuUiVza1KvBVvrRVK--fS70ce-rzeqYZzYu5VKEhG1jL2bMU_D4fn4yqLhxWbkgE5y54GNH9lge4mYGvsbZe4o4BfIFmpx-2QczfoNv_ckwGGpI4ukjkXbA0PrjgGZ_f_VOCRvN1ydZswzL3I8uALa8zwn3NoEI5Pk4ZRPZWvFnCIguM=w2843-h1898-no[/IMG]

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/WRLOigX33wv9OO7QtO0VfHgJEyyMnJvGc4dbnSEJ1HKLT5ZlBtfrOsSJc0FwiJh1P3pgWmWtGezOkR7iCuMDt8nspeNEEFL-8C_hzXvyOZzdoRbwFJxFbv7k7hzVKcKzxmmzXz34Rj9wVaCS-5n4QURcD414-JYv3Vls0L--L0qlw1Juvsr58ivyn_WOqiGjDRPm0aIdCHARh7SIV9TQ7ATXaha5F7nCq8vuhLuOq8XrP-Y79Sng1oNDnyBi7BE4VL8omL-05zbeATdvGnM7zcdfnGqGwtKwVV5YIKlIWghHWAzYg1t_vf_F7FIkB7LakgywT_cIvEaRXrUMGXQePnaqw5mbAEpDEDxZIBQsvZOen1teEn80HJ0p6wl7cFkG5vXb1Qjuz4BtgzRBdzv47kCYJGALiCw1uawf4iYGUFu4tbPWKQ9j9RsUPPLzqKWcMDiL0mGw6VyOlHUBWn_OXAYGtUjkzHVu4ctPWdPtoEGlbqKDi15qNtPI3DbdKRRDaMq6YXLDmjjzBHt6AAv3Ears26iVPDTTzj1o7S1Er9YxprwlMjHyMEjWlZqOEqwWW5kNGQ6WQINtW9udXUKNq9JA50Na0QpWTosOFrkGCyLsnnu5MlS4=w2843-h1898-no[/IMG]

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ml-_lfD6Ya0N4KlJY1Vp-R7wRXXHxJc4i_Ib_lELSKL3T_3vXL5Tza2kZPgyQffaEhtpEaggO0ZPh1hamjXrT6K-6qNPSIE_u3-o74mjWbHCSnBbIqPDEHt9FY7urtq7Rb0gFUlR0uC8Ww_XRM_oR_fNQMJlA4CaWhvQT8gTKM8ZOVlO4CkPtV8pC75IB4xYCohfPWzPKvZdqAnISrNhtwA0md9QYaann8ek53Sjv3AoHTbvfAMQaIVjFK_ddQFTHxuFGULDyyX4tMgTOhawYg1PUl147oBZevNFQ8YKrOjuvcYBYAt2TxZsM9gbDklTXklB77G4euU9eEOUetEiodwyA5gkh89k4ys6dFPsqUUqx4kYTojPAqpkwS7rp-y2Fcy538sZVIOQA8GhDHlHMOaNfTZsaUdEvZTKfXIZ_xBa-kQCyvvezjicdKwXCL2MkvleF7FqY3XMHJtb7bD7BhTGF0l5REsfwMf5g64sPH5pWopKCDdDDWkitfouogdvutszbWNfDRxQewbRioyNJlwigDYpMEUXcQPZy5eyDfiv4n9sjc_a9Gc3ajXRvy2LH28yIY5o7z9mOiPn2Y0ZR0j0--nPTbynR0sR4ntm14_I2N7Hq3oO=w2843-h1898-no[/IMG]

Before I cut off my hair and shave.

xb2sk4K.jpg

Here's a sketch for ya!

Great stuff ART-GAF as usual great to see this thread back to life again. I haven't drawn in a bit...Persona 5 nuff said. Here are a couple I have to contribute:

BC3V0Qy.jpg

86RqxpR.jpg

CORQTf7.jpg

Wow these look great! Thanks guys!

Thanks, you're welcome!

Would anyone of you mind drawing some portrait of me? Here are some photos of me to take inspiration:
Code:
[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/WRLOigX33wv9OO7QtO0VfHgJEyyMnJvGc4dbnSEJ1HKLT5ZlBtfrOsSJc0FwiJh1P3pgWmWtGezOkR7iCuMDt8nspeNEEFL-8C_hzXvyOZzdoRbwFJxFbv7k7hzVKcKzxmmzXz34Rj9wVaCS-5n4QURcD414-JYv3Vls0L--L0qlw1Juvsr58ivyn_WOqiGjDRPm0aIdCHARh7SIV9TQ7ATXaha5F7nCq8vuhLuOq8XrP-Y79Sng1oNDnyBi7BE4VL8omL-05zbeATdvGnM7zcdfnGqGwtKwVV5YIKlIWghHWAzYg1t_vf_F7FIkB7LakgywT_cIvEaRXrUMGXQePnaqw5mbAEpDEDxZIBQsvZOen1teEn80HJ0p6wl7cFkG5vXb1Qjuz4BtgzRBdzv47kCYJGALiCw1uawf4iYGUFu4tbPWKQ9j9RsUPPLzqKWcMDiL0mGw6VyOlHUBWn_OXAYGtUjkzHVu4ctPWdPtoEGlbqKDi15qNtPI3DbdKRRDaMq6YXLDmjjzBHt6AAv3Ears26iVPDTTzj1o7S1Er9YxprwlMjHyMEjWlZqOEqwWW5kNGQ6WQINtW9udXUKNq9JA50Na0QpWTosOFrkGCyLsnnu5MlS4=w2843-h1898-no[/IMG]

Another one:

^^^ Nice one Heavy Liquid! I think you captured his likeness better than I did.

Thanks! Don't sell yourself short, though. I think you captured him just as well. It's that last 5% or so that's difficult (for me, at least). And then I always see things that I'd like to change after taking a break. We're our own worst critics. But I do think I'm getting a bit faster and more accurate.

I like the sketchy/illustrative style you're using. Geomon and Shikari turned out really well!

And I'll fix the image url so we can see what the picture is ;)

Cool, just started working on this. Doing something a bit different :)

Thank you very much. Anyone else wants to have a go at it?

You're welcome!

Since this thread has been going on for a few years I think it might be nice to compile some of the artist's work on a post for all to see! I can't get everyone, so I'm going to put up some more frequent contributors here.

H. Protagonist:

I have to say that H. Protagonist has some of the most consistent and unique works on this thread. I absolutely love seeing their work posted here. Keep it up, H!

Prax:

Prax really got this thread going with people really excited to submit pictures for portraits. She has great style, color and personality with her interpretations of the pictures and makes it a fun practice!

Heavy Liquid:

Heavy Liquid comes in an shows consistent improvement and experimentation through the couple years this thread has been active. I love their development over time and recent line work that has appeared in their art!

Turnip Fritters:

Turnip Fritter's oil painting style works well for portraiture. And their variety of styles shows versatility in skill and experimentation. Great stuff!

Yogloo:

Though she hasn't really posted since the creation of this thread, we wouldn't have these wonderful works without her idea to make this thread in the first place. So props to you for bringing us together!

Bonus Round! (Other Great Contributions)

Messypandas:

Ex Machina:

Clydefrog:

Zeopower6:

Nether!:

Me:

I feel awkward doing this for myself... Heheheh

Alright guys! I think thats good enough for a recap. If there are any pictures I missed that you think should be featured, just shoot me a message and I can amend this post.

Thanks for all your contributions so far :)

Wow, thanks, man. I have done a few, but I don't think I belong in the top. Maybe when I get out the WACOM and actually add some color. ;) And people need (NEED) to see way more than just one of yours. You always pull out the most amazing stuff. The gif-ed version of the headphones one is schweeeeet~ I'll be popping back in again more this week I hope, as I've got a few picked out. Keep the thread rollin'!

Avixph

Wow, thanks, man. I have done a few, but I don't think I belong in the top. Maybe when I get out the WACOM and actually add some color. ;) And people need (NEED) to see way more than just one of yours. You always pull out the most amazing stuff. The gif-ed version of the headphones one is schweeeeet~ I'll be popping back in again more this week I hope, as I've got a few picked out. Keep the thread rollin'!

I hope that you take a stab at mine.

Awww, shucks.
Although I have to say "you've done a few" is a severe understatement. You've helped keep this thread alive.

I liked the composition of your photo and there's a lot of interesting things going on, so I did a full sketch of the photo instead of the usual headshot or bust.

It was good perspective practice, which I haven't done in a while. I'm a bit off in a few places, but everything lined up pretty well. I might go back and make it more "finished" later and make you guys look more like you actually look, but this already took me quite a while.

Clydefrog

Since this thread has been going on for a few years I think it might be nice to compile some of the artist's work on a post for all to see! I can't get everyone, so I'm going to put up some more frequent contributors here.

H. Protagonist:

I have to say that H. Protagonist has some of the most consistent and unique works on this thread. I absolutely love seeing their work posted here. Keep it up, H!

Prax:

Prax really got this thread going with people really excited to submit pictures for portraits. She has great style, color and personality with her interpretations of the pictures and makes it a fun practice!

Heavy Liquid:

Heavy Liquid comes in an shows consistent improvement and experimentation through the couple years this thread has been active. I love their development over time and recent line work that has appeared in their art!

Turnip Fritters:

Turnip Fritter's oil painting style works well for portraiture. And their variety of styles shows versatility in skill and experimentation. Great stuff!

Yogloo:

Though she hasn't really posted since the creation of this thread, we wouldn't have these wonderful works without her idea to make this thread in the first place. So props to you for bringing us together!

Bonus Round! (Other Great Contributions)

Messypandas:

Ex Machina:

Clydefrog:

Zeopower6:

Nether!:

Me:

I feel awkward doing this for myself... Heheheh

Alright guys! I think thats good enough for a recap. If there are any pictures I missed that you think should be featured, just shoot me a message and I can amend this post.

Thanks for all your contributions so far :)

you've made a grave mistake

I gueeeeeeeeess I can share. Seriously. The more the better for a fellow doodler.

Haha, you're too kind!

Although now it's going to be hard to choose with both jet1911 and dofry posting awesome photos. But it would be fun to paint a Portrait of the Artist Alcotholic as a Young Man. Lots to pick from which is never a bad thing.

My bad I skimmed the last post and butted in.

The best punishment is...MOAR ART.

Haha, you're too kind!

Although now it's going to be hard to choose with both jet1911 and dofry posting awesome photos. But it would be fun to paint a Portrait of the Artist Alcotholic as a Young Man. Lots to pick from which is never a bad thing.

I know, right? Alcotholic has such a nice angle and a great brow V going on, Jet's hair is amazing, and that delectable shadowing on the right side of dofry's nose/his shirt wrinkles are very tempting. If my kid isn't an asshole tonight and goes to bed on the first attempt, maybe I can squeeze in two drawings before I crash and burn!
Who am I kidding? I'll probably fall asleep in my dinner.

I know, right? Alcotholic has such a nice angle and a great brow V going on, Jet's hair is amazing, and that delectable shadowing on the right side of dofry's nose/his shirt wrinkles are very tempting. If my kid isn't an asshole tonight and goes to bed on the first attempt, maybe I can squeeze in two drawings before I crash and burn!
Who am I kidding? I'll probably fall asleep in my dinner.
I never thought about my furrowed brow and it's aesthetics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom