• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars - Import |OT| War, what is it good for? A HOVERBOARD!!!!

I've had the luck of my 威力アップ(大)progressing into 威力アップ(特大). Otherwise, you can try using materials to buff the mid item that can give that module, then ensure at least 3 blue modules carry over in the final modification. The item for carrying 5 blue modules over seems to be super rare, and I think appears only in special missions.

I've found out where to get the 5 modules item, http://gamehackerblast.com/post-11280/ enjoy !

This damn website seems to have everything from making tonnes of money to making super strong weapons and the like. I'll keep linking as I find them.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
No problem ! Glad to help :D

Where to get 威力アップ(特大): http://gamehackerblast.com/post-11102/ I think that's what it says from reading it.

How to make shit tonnes of points and GDP: http://gamehackerblast.com/post-11097 This is really useful, doing it right now and trying to stack as much as possible.

Man Im so sad I screwed up an item that I had 威力アップ 大+特大 D: Was going to put it on a platinum colored longinus spear D: Time to start all over again. First time I created a platinum weapon though. Max slots which are awesome. Too bad one of the stats on it is a grey downer though.

that point thing you might want to do it as much as possible now as have a pretty strong feeling that they will be stealth nerfing it in the "balance" patch.

Man Im so sad I screwed up an item that I had 威力アップ 大+特大 D: Was going to put it on a platinum colored longinus spear D: Time to start all over again. First time I created a platinum weapon though. Max slots which are awesome. Too bad one of the stats on it is a grey downer though.

that point thing you might want to do it as much as possible now as have a pretty strong feeling that they will be stealth nerfing it in the "balance" patch.

Yeah, I had a バーバラ gun with both 威力アップ 大+特大 and I managed to screw it up -____-.

Definitely going to try and get as many points as I can, I wanna get all my team members to level 10 if possible.

Parakeetman

Yeah, I had a バーバラ gun with both 威力アップ 大+特大 and I managed to screw it up -____-.

Definitely going to try and get as many points as I can, I wanna get all my team members to level 10 if possible.

Im still pissed that I
wasted points on carlos and haru
D:

Yeah am doing the same. Right now my main characters are lv 8 others are lv 7.

Im still pissed that I
D:

Yeah haha, I managed to spend some points on them too.

Realised I had 3 weapons factories and 1 medical instead of 2 each. Need to remove a weapons factory and create a medical one in place of it now, what a waste of resources.

Parakeetman

Yeah haha, I managed to spend some points on them too.

Realised I had 3 weapons factories and 1 medical instead of 2 each. Need to remove a weapons factory and create a medical one in place of it now, what a waste of resources.

Yep for me everything is 2 2 2 1 being the booster factory.

Anko

I've found out where to get the 5 modules item, http://gamehackerblast.com/post-11280/ enjoy !

This damn website seems to have everything from making tonnes of money to making super strong weapons and the like. I'll keep linking as I find them.

Oooo. The only one I have is called a C6ベンゾトリイン, is rarity 8, and I have no idea came from where because I only have one of it. I wasn't aware of a different material with the same effect! Will start farming ASAP.

I have my main team at 10/10/10, but I suppose I will want to get everyone there eventually.

Edit:
Im still pissed that I
D:

Just keep playing and completing the main code 8 missions.
Simon will eventually revive Haru. Carlos however...

Oooo. The only one I have is called a C6ベンゾトリイン, is rarity 8, and I have no idea came from where because I only have one of it. I wasn't aware of a different material with the same effect! Will start farming ASAP.

I have my main team at 10/10/10, but I suppose I will want to get everyone there eventually.

Yeah, Hopefully I can get everyone to 10 soon.

Using the method above, and going through 999 AP mines to create and sell the items it gives me about ~64k points to spend. That, along with the 999 AP mines costing 24k to buy leaves a nice profit of around 40k !

It also shaved down my years from 800k to 740k which I assume now is the fastest way to get to 0 years. It does take 2 hours to go through the 999 mines though without using the plant guys to cut down the time.

Parakeetman

Down to 330k years. This item thing is so tedious, but i'm nearly there !

im still busy just making better weapons and collecting mats in what little free time i have plus the usual factory stuff. D: managed to mess up more weapons too lol

this weekend will be busy on the operation abyss ot so wont really have time to play i reckon ( ̄▽ ̄;)

rrc1594

giphy.gif

im still busy just making better weapons and collecting mats in what little free time i have plus the usual factory stuff. D: managed to mess up more weapons too lol

this weekend will be busy on the operation abyss ot so wont really have time to play i reckon ( ̄▽ ̄;)

Too many games to play T___T especially with sen no kiseki 2 coming out sometime soon, I want to go through Zero and Ao first since I haven't played them yet.

Unless you're saving for something else/tight on cash, buy the Kiseki games and play them later. They're probably the first developer that I thought should never ever die. Not in my lifetime at least.

When Sen no Kiseki II releases, it would be the first year anniversary of Sen no Kiseki on my memory card; I played the first chapter, but it's there just sitting waiting for me to finish the 3rd, Zero and Ao - and I don't regret buying it early lol.

Back to Freedom Wars. I'm currently at Code 5.

The NPC dialogue system (and the town they're in) here is retarded. It's so retarded that despite the worldview being quite interesting, I just went "FUCKIT IM NOT TALKING TO RANDOM NPCS AGAIN".

1. Who the fuck are you again?
How am I supposed to find John "Waldo" Smith when:
  • every other person looks like each other
  • every section of PT outside of Mosaic looks the same and has no good landmarks
  • The names are not shown until you talk to them. Do I need to know them by number of prison sentence left?

2. NPCs (esp. non-background ones) has bajillion of things to say
  • An ally or "important" NPC can have as much as 6* dialogues to say at a time.
  • These happen in rotation. Missed one? Go through all of them again. This is annoying as helpful information/hints/interesting stuff are in these dialogues.
  • Each of those dialogues can have as much as 3 choices - each having different reponses (or info). That makes it talking to a single NPC means doing it 18 times to go through all dialogues. There are more than 10 ally NPCs. Non-ally NPCs have one dialogue, but usually two responses. And there's bajillions of them as you increase in Code.
  • There's no indicator of when they change their dialogue. Good NPC dialogue system should have one. Eiden-Kiseki changes after every event. GE changes after story missions (+some).

*Most I remember.

I could spend all day every day just talking to NPCs in Eiden/Kiseki games. Freedom Wars made it a chore.

Sidedish: Julian (ユリアン) fucking dances every time he opens his mouth. Just... WTF...

dancingwithjulian.gif

You get a huge sense of robotness from the animations (even story events). It's good for Accessories, but the humans are also given robot animations. /thatsNotHowHumanNeckWorks

I'm not a guy who wants high production values, but uhhh... scenes here looks really pretty but really poorly directed - if you can even call it having any direction. -___-

Also, if you lose a key mission (and probably applies to normal ones), your equipment setup is reset. I'd reckon it's reset to when you last saved (due to the failed mission being "new" again). You also have to watch the scenes entire - and they're unskippable.

P.S. I can't update my Law Street Journal. Or my City Rankings. It says it's due to the Fraternity (aka "we haven't done our job yet). Would just like to ask if everyone's getting the same since it's been... days since the event finished.

Parakeetman

Unless you're saving for something else/tight on cash, buy the Kiseki games and play them later. They're probably the first developer that I thought should never ever die. Not in my lifetime at least.

When Sen no Kiseki II releases, it would be the first year anniversary of Sen no Kiseki on my memory card; I played the first chapter, but it's there just sitting waiting for me to finish the 3rd, Zero and Ao - and I don't regret buying it early lol.

Back to Freedom Wars. I'm currently at Code 5.

The NPC dialogue system (and the town they're in) here is retarded. It's so retarded that despite the worldview being quite interesting, I just went "FUCKIT IM NOT TALKING TO RANDOM NPCS AGAIN".

1. Who the fuck are you again?
How am I supposed to find John "Waldo" Smith when:
  • every other person looks like each other
  • every section of PT outside of Mosaic looks the same and has no good landmarks
  • The names are not shown until you talk to them. Do I need to know them by number of prison sentence left?

2. NPCs (esp. non-background ones) has bajillion of things to say
  • An ally or "important" NPC can have as much as 6* dialogues to say at a time.
  • These happen in rotation. Missed one? Go through all of them again. This is annoying as helpful information/hints/interesting stuff are in these dialogues.
  • Each of those dialogues can have as much as 3 choices - each having different reponses (or info). That makes it talking to a single NPC means doing it 18 times to go through all dialogues. There are more than 10 ally NPCs. Non-ally NPCs have one dialogue, but usually two responses. And there's bajillions of them as you increase in Code.
  • There's no indicator of when they change their dialogue. Good NPC dialogue system should have one. Eiden-Kiseki changes after every event. GE changes after story missions (+some).

*Most I remember.

I could spend all day every day just talking to NPCs in Eiden/Kiseki games. Freedom Wars made it a chore.

Sidedish: Julian (ユリアン) fucking dances every time he opens his mouth. Just... WTF...

dancingwithjulian.gif

You get a huge sense of robotness from the animations (even story events). It's good for Accessories, but the humans are also given robot animations. /thatsNotHowHumanNeckWorks

I'm not a guy who wants high production values, but uhhh... scenes here looks really pretty but really poorly directed - if you can even call it having any direction. -___-

Also, if you lose a key mission (and probably applies to normal ones), your equipment setup is reset. I'd reckon it's reset to when you last saved (due to the failed mission being "new" again). You also have to watch the scenes entire - and they're unskippable.

P.S. I can't update my Law Street Journal. Or my City Rankings. It says it's due to the Fraternity (aka "we haven't done our job yet). Would just like to ask if everyone's getting the same since it's been... days since the event finished.

am pretty sure those are stock animations since that horrible looking neck turn then body when doing an about face and leaving the scene ive seen jn western games before might have been mass effect actually with some of the non story critical ones other animations are pretty terrible. they seriously must have been rushing or had a bad producer, director to have approved a lot of these scenes.

my guess is the online stuff they are trying to rebalance the rankings with the latest patch due to item creation can basically break the system.

the game doesnt have you searching for random npcs though and for the most part they are either in the shop or bar. other locations the event triggers or there is an ! above their head. using quick travel once its unlocked also solves this as story req loc will usually be marked with a !

though for the most part npcs are not worth talking to. unless someone has a wiki that shows locs of useful npcs to trade with. but asides from that its a waste of time bothering with them.

the game doesnt have you searching for random npcs though and for the most part they are either in the shop or bar. other locations the event triggers or there is an ! above their head. using quick travel once its unlocked also solves this as story req loc will usually be marked with a !

though for the most part npcs are not worth talking to. unless someone has a wiki that shows locs of useful npcs to trade with. but asides from that its a waste of time bothering with them.

I'm talking about the NPC dialogue system, irregardless of whether they're "worth" talking to or not.

I go to Enzo and he gives me tips to trade with the trash guy. For the life of god, he became Waldo the moment I'm searching for him (pretty sure they change places after each Code). Even if there's a trade guide, it'd still be half-retarded since they'd have to hand a more accurate position so that you won't have to talk to everyone in the room.

Trade: X -> Y
Location: That guy near the Accessory near the guy in the center near the guy with PSTD in A000.

Of course I'm exaggerating, but it doesn't make it less retarded when you see the system as a whole.

Parakeetman

I'm talking about the NPC dialogue system, irregardless of whether they're "worth" talking to or not. Actually, most people would even say that NPCs in Kiseki

I go to Enzo and he gives me tips to trade with the trash guy. For the life of god, he became Waldo the moment I'm searching for him (pretty sure they change places after each Code). Even if there's a trade guide, it'd still be half-retarded since they'd have to hand a more accurate position so that you won't have to talk to everyone in the room.

Trade: X -> Y
Location: That guy near the Accessory near the guy in the center near the guy with PSTD in A000.

Of course I'm exaggerating, but it doesn't make it less retarded when you see the system as a whole.

i wouldnt be trying to make comparisons out of genre too esp not when the kiseki series is known for the work they put into their text. at least use realistic examples from other games in the same genre

i wouldnt be trying to make comparisons out of genre too esp not when the kiseki series is known for the work they put into their text. at least use realistic examples from other games in the same genre

Sorry, that's... a sentence from a thought that came to my mind but thought it's not relevant so I wanted to remove it. But apparently, I failed to remove the whole sentence.

/NeogaffingWhileAtWork

Still doesn't change my point that the NPC dialogue system is very shitty - as I said, it's not about the dialogues themselves but rather how the game delivered them.

Parakeetman

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/freedomwars/playersinfo/2014/07/update002.html

Changes.

I mentioned earlier that they're going to nerf the mentioned Ibara boosters, they buffed them instead.

Good since even with the ibara boost the damned thing still felt too short for the most part.

Sorry, that's... a sentence from a thought that came to my mind but thought it's not relevant so I wanted to remove it. But apparently, I failed to remove the whole sentence.

/NeogaffingWhileAtWork

Still doesn't change my point that the NPC dialogue system is very shitty - as I said, it's not about the dialogues themselves but rather how the game delivered them.

In general the writing overall wasnt very good. Im curious to see if they even used the same person as who did the God Eater stuff. Since at least that was decent.

You so know there is going to be some sort of expansion released for this title with how it is currently.

Freedom Wars 天罰 lol

Anko

It's raining 天罰!

Time to start farming alpha parts and points/years off. With both boosters, it's 17,500 years each time. The コウシン volunteer lasts till the 13th. I assume it will be replaced with a パラドクサ one. The ディオーネ one lasts till the 15th.

crinale

When ppl here were chanting they'd nerf thorn booster I was going to post it should be opposite, but didn't. Maybe I should have don that :p
Anyway, I applaud developers' effort. Keep it up.

Parakeetman

When ppl here were chanting they'd nerf thorn booster I was going to post it should be opposite, but didn't. Maybe I should have don that :p
Anyway, I applaud developers' effort. Keep it up.

I think it was more just a single person really. Hardly anyone else had anything to say about the patch, besides me saying that they most likely will be messing with how points are rewarded.

You know I think I realized whats one problem of the game. That its not as skill based as other titles. Basically all you need to do is just keep hammering away at the parts and pray your accessory is close enough to you to revive you if you get taken out. So the fights are not as satisfying. Esp with how you are mainly just using ranged weapons as how useless the melee weapons are on a target that isnt knocked down.

I really should use this time to complete God Eater 2 instead since I finished the initial story bits already and just constantly playing random reset / farming to try and make a perfect weapon is losing its charm lol. Am sure this game will shape up well eventually though. But for the time being I think am losing interest in it as its just more of the same focus fire. Then things get more irritating with having to take out the tiny shield generator on the tenbatsu mission type of enemies. One thing for sure is I need a really high classed weapon to take down the dragon. As my 1500 damage minigun Will-O minigun isnt cutting it. Im still trying to save up to turn the other characters to lv 10.

High ranking stages =s the following below. lol
Qxd5oBj.jpg

Id say the most irritating system is how your accessory can be magically absorbed into an abductors cage from a far distance away if you take to long to rez it. Its not like there is some sort of special animation it goes through. Just a magical poof and its inside the cage. Trust me it gets old the first time it happens on a mission you were winning but now are having issues without the main support for the AI partners. :D Even more so if the timer is 2 mins to break her out. D:

Yep that can magically capture civilians or your accessory is by far the worst part about the game with the later stages when it was such a huge bitch to break them out in the first place. On top of them putting a goddamned timer to add insult to it.

Patch came out just as I got to 0 years. Never doing that again, it was too tedious.

Id say the most irritating system is how your accessory can be magically absorbed into an abductors cage from a far distance away if you take to long to rez it. Its not like there is some sort of special animation it goes through. Just a magical poof and its inside the cage. Trust me it gets old the first time it happens on a mission you were winning but now are having issues without the main support for the AI partners. :D Even more so if the timer is 2 mins to break her out. D:

Yep that can magically capture civilians or your accessory is by far the worst part about the game with the later stages when it was such a huge bitch to break them out in the first place. On top of them putting a goddamned timer to add insult to it.

Yeah, the amount of times i've lost my accessory to the abductors just because I was too slow or they seemed to magically disappear was too many.

Parakeetman

what's in the patch?

Stage balance tweaks, control options, some other tweaks. Personally nothing really major as cant really tell much of a diff from playing. As the later stages will still kick your ass if you dont have really high powered weapons. The rank 8 stuff and max lv tenbatsu missions.

Parakeetman

You can back-flip when blown with rocket launcher.
Also your dodging movement now have some invincible frames, just like MH.

Not that it really helps anyways regardless. :D Since this game the enemies charge at you so much or you are getting shot at, at the same time that rolling around wont really solve anything for the most part in the later missions. Trust me on that.

crinale

Not that it really helps anyways regardless. :D Since this game the enemies charge at you so much or you are getting shot at, at the same time that rolling around wont really solve anything for the most part in the later missions. Trust me on that.

Yeah I know it doesn't help much. I guess the reason they implemented it is that every other game has at least a frame or two of invincible moment, so they added it too.

Parakeetman

Yeah I know it doesn't help much. I guess the reason they implemented it is that every other game has at least a frame or two of invincible moment, so they added it too.

If they do make a Freedom Wars 天罰 type of expansion I seriously hope they consider reworking how the melee attack animations are, since for the most part the move sets are pretty terrible. Esp the charge moves with how long they take. The fact that you have to be stationary was one of the worst decisions they could have ever made, considering how much that makes you a target in the higher rank missions with enemy AI running around at the same time. I really think that if they want a bit more even spread of fans they will need to cater to the melee audience better. They just should have gone with how things work in God Eater 2 since they were doing a great job of having moved things forward with the existing system... So many of the moves in the game are useless for the most part or leave the player way too open to getting hit.

Kysen

Lol I thought I was the only one that did this, heck even with the same game. I put off playing it for months and when I finally got round to it I loved it. So much so that it ruined the old quartz system for me that I had just got used to in Zero. Now i'm on the fence on whether to pick up Ao just to finish the story. They improved so much in Sen.

As for FW, the latest patch was a disappointment. Looks like I'll be waiting longer, the AI really needs a boost at the later stages of the game. Going on a mission without Beatrice is painful as the other healers are useless.

Parakeetman

Lol I thought I was the only one that did this, heck even with the same game. I put off playing it for months and when I finally got round to it I loved it. So much so that it ruined the old quartz system for me that I had just got used to in Zero. Now i'm on the fence on whether to pick up Ao just to finish the story. They improved so much in Sen.

As for FW, the latest patch was a disappointment. Looks like I'll be waiting longer, the AI really needs a boost at the later stages of the game. Going on a mission without Beatrice is painful as the other healers are useless.

I still cant believe the AI cant navigate over barricades like the player. You know whats one useless feature though. The idiotic cover system. As it doesnt work on most objects anyways so dont even see a point as to why they put it in the game at all.

So here's a question: Is this game particularly thumbstick aiming heavy? I suck at stick aiming regardless, and using the Vita's sticks just makes it that much worse for me. Is there gyroscopic aiming? The game looks interesting, just wondering if I'll be able to play it when it comes out.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So here's a question: Is this game particularly thumbstick aiming heavy? I suck at stick aiming regardless, and using the Vita's sticks just makes it that much worse for me. Is there gyroscopic aiming? The game looks interesting, just wondering if I'll be able to play it when it comes out.
There's no gyroscopic aiming and most long range weapons don't have lock on.
Yeah, there's a lot of right stick aiming and you have to be quick about it, because most enemies move fast/are small.

Parakeetman

No gyroscopic. You can adjust sensitivity though and you actually do want to turn it up as most of the weapons move pretty slow otherwise in aim mode.

Neat trick for those who use miniguns, wind it up in aim mode and once you are streaming lead onto your favorite "canvas" release the aim button and you can fire and move the camera around at the same time without the slow as molasses speed that aim mode puts you in, while using the right trigger to constantly fire. This is if you are going with default controls though. But its a useful trick to know, since you normally cant do this with any sort of control if you try to use the square button to fire while not in aim mode & move the camera around at the same time to track your target.

Id reckon it would work with the other weapons too, but you need to keep your finger on that trigger at all times for it to work, which is why a weapon with high ammo capacity to burn is the best candidate for use. Once you take your finger off that trigger the game will reset back to the default mode for firing your weapon which is square button.

Since this game works on the Vita TV in Japan we can imagine that it will work on the US one PlayStation TV or whatever they renamed it to when its released. Which means you will be able to use your dualshock controller to play.

I have been following this thread and it feels like the tone of the conversation changed quickly, is it a worse game than you first thought or is it still a good game?

Do you think that most of the flaws are patchable or are the the problems built into the design of the game?

I have been following this thread and it feels like the tone of the conversation changed quickly, is it a worse game than you first thought or is it still a good game?

Do you think that most of the flaws are patchable or are the the problems built into the design of the game?

I guess the difficulty spikes are rediculous that's what I gather from the people in the thread

Anko

Is there even a way to quit missions? I can't find it.

Press start. Go to volunteer info (first in start menu). The only option there is volunteer retire. Press circle. It will prompt you to retire from the volunteer. All loot will be gone.

Don't ask me why they named it volunteer info. There's no info there and all it does is let you quit the mission you're in. Stupid to name it such.

Parakeetman

Its design built into the game, while its still a good game the devs made it a bit too convoluted with the upgrade system so it really shuts out the average player. As if you really want to hit the high and hard missions with your AI buddies, you will need some top class gear in terms of firepower. Topping out the max slot weapons is a bit of a chore as some stuff will still always be random.

I think the issue is that the games design does not give the player the same sense of achievement as other games in the genre up to a certain point.

Its a good game once again but the problem is, it will be most def an acquired taste. One thing for sure is those who wanted to go in as melee characters will be highly disappointed as your only real windows to go melee on the larger enemies is basically when they are stunned. So you will be gunning it most of the time then trying to make the charge attack with your melee weapon when said target is stunned or be trying to saw parts off.

This is all in relation to once you finish the story bits. Since truthfully its not that hard to finish the game itself, but if you want to continue on further into the game with the post game content thats when the whole formula changes up and turns its focus on trying to make the perfect weapons.

Game has some great mechanics and such, but really do think that it overall needed more proper balancing and having a director / producer that actually realized problems with the title itself rather than pushing it out thinking things were ok as is.

Still anyone that likes third person shooters and co-op titles am sure will have a blast with it overall. Trying to do certain stuff with the AI does not work as well due to the problems with their general algorithms that lead to all sorts of issues depending on the situation. As long as you have them bunched up with you things are fine. But once you start losing them and they get teleported to different locations is where the problems start to begin. Even more so if you had worked hard to separate yourself from another abductor on the map, just to have them either drag it to you eventually or they be stuck fighting it on another side of the map cutting down your overall combat efficiency, due to lack of bodies to get rounds on target.

In short up until the story ends there is no real problems for the most part, but going into the post game content its most def for the more hardcore fans of Freedom Wars. As thats where the cracks will really begin to show with the overall game design.

I guess the difficulty spikes are rediculous that's what I gather from the people in the thread

I wouldnt really call it a difficulty spike more over just poor design with the post game content. As mentioned above all the other stuff that leads up to the end of the main story is pretty much a cakewalk for the most part if you are familiar with third person shooting games and you dont need high damage output weapons to complete what you need to.

The funny thing about the devs blog post is how he talked about like the timing of enemies spawning. But the issue is not how slow or fast they spawn, its how they actually spawn within the game which has no apparent rules, such as spawn away from the player. Instead you will have them spawning on top of the player constantly from the set point on the map. The way they could have done it correctly is have any spawn points the player is currently occupying, they spawn at one further away. The game does not do that, which can lead to stacked odds if you are already busy with a boss. Its a lot more noticeable with the tenbatsu missions vs the 天兵 as they have a lot more HP than the normal enemies they also actually use their ibara abilities such as to buff their defense or heal eachother. Now add that to dealing with the high rank abductors and it turns into a bit of a mess if they are dropping right on top of you in the middle of fights. Am sure its a lot more manageable with other players watching your back but from a SP perspective its a bit more work.

Folks who want to play this for the story and are not really the types to go and mess around to the max with post game content am sure will still have a perfectly good time. Just keep in mind if you do choose to press on you will most def need to consult wikis and other whatnots to see how to get the most out of your weapon customization which is a must if you plan on doing any real damage to the post game enemies.

Overall I still do like the title, just that this is some no bullshit commentary from me in regards to what goes on with post game content. Though from my own personal standpoint at the moment do not want to progress any further with messing with the weapon customization aspects and farming bits. That and I have other things which I need to be done currently too thats adding to this lol.

In closing this is its own title and while part of the co-op "hunting" genre it still needs to be treated as its own thing. If you can do that am sure you will have a good time with it. But trying to compare it to something else will leave folks disappointed. One thing for sure is that if they do another version of the game Id reckon all the feedback now would go into it and improvements will be made. There still is "missing" content so to speak like the pistols and fist weapons, so Id have to imagine that there will be an expansion in the future. That does not mean do not buy the game in hopes of waiting for a "complete" version to come out. Not only because does that fuck yourselves by not showing them there is a market for such titles to be localized in the West, but also the fact that this is just speculation for the time being. Sides you folks in the US anyways will be getting it cheaper than it was here in Japan at 30 USD vs 5000+ JPY on launch. Thats if they still are keeping the 30 USD cost. I dont really follow news in regards to things localized in the west thats why.

Having put 80 hours into the game Id say I totally got my money's worth out of it and overall was an enjoyable experience!

Press start. Go to volunteer info (first in start menu). The only option there is volunteer retire. Press circle. It will prompt you to retire from the volunteer. All loot will be gone.

Don't ask me why they named it volunteer info. There's no info there and all it does is let you quit the mission you're in. Stupid to name it such.

Although if you quit that way doesnt it save your data upon exiting the mission? Therefore not being able to use that method to back out and reload a tenbatsu mission thats going poorly for example?

Anko

Although if you quit that way doesnt it save your data upon exiting the mission? Therefore not being able to use that method to back out and reload a tenbatsu mission thats going poorly for example?
Well, yes. Since tenbatsu are supposed to be a one try only type of mission and retiring counts as a failure. That's what he wants, isn't it? At the moment we're having endless tenbatsu missions so it's not a problem, but yeah, if you wanna "cheat" and retry the usual tenbatsu, closing the app is the only way.

I'm just.. Endlessly farming alpha koushins now. Don't have the guts to go near the two alpha Dragons yet.

Edit: well. Ok. Two alpha Dragons at the same time is fucking ridiculous. And both of them only go after me. I'd like to see someone Melee those things in that situation.

baekshi

Banned

I did once and it took me all the way back where I last saved.

Also CG compression is worse than in game gameplay.... :/

Anko

I did once and it took me all the way back where I last saved.

Also CG compression is worse than in game gameplay.... :/
That can't be right. I just did it with my accessory captured and.. Well, I had to rescue it so it definitely didn't load a prior save.

It's design built into the game, while its still a good game the devs made it a bit too convoluted with the upgrade system so it really shuts out the average player. As if you really want to hit the high and hard missions with your AI buddies, you will need some top class gear in terms of firepower. Topping out the max slot weapons is a bit of a chore as some stuff will still always be random.

I think the issue is that the games design does not give the player the same sense of achievement as other games in the genre up to a certain point.

Its a good game once again but the problem is, it will be most def an acquired taste. One thing for sure is those who wanted to go in as melee characters will be highly disappointed as your only real windows to go melee on the larger enemies is basically when they are stunned. So you will be gunning it most of the time then trying to make the charge attack with your melee weapon when said target is stunned or be trying to saw parts off.

I thought that the shields would force you to use melee weapons, what function does the sheld have (that the abductors use)?

This is all in relation to once you finish the story bits. Since truthfully its not that hard to finish the game itself, but if you want to continue on further into the game with the post game content thats when the whole formula changes up and turns its focus on trying to make the perfect weapons.
Could the problem with tedious post content be solved it you was playing it in co-op?

Game has some great mechanics and such, but really do think that it overall needed more proper balancing and having a director / producer that actually realized problems with the title itself rather than pushing it out thinking things were ok as is.

IIRC both GE 2 and toukiden had some sort of demo/"beta" in which players could play a portion of the game and give feedback, I find it strange that it (AFAIK) never happened with FW.

Still anyone that likes third person shooters and co-op titles am sure will have a blast with it overall. Trying to do certain stuff with the AI does not work as well due to the problems with their general algorithms that lead to all sorts of issues depending on the situation. As long as you have them bunched up with you things are fine. But once you start losing them and they get teleported to different locations is where the problems start to begin. Even more so if you had worked hard to separate yourself from another abductor on the map, just to have them either drag it to you eventually or they be stuck fighting it on another side of the map cutting down your overall combat efficiency, due to lack of bodies to get rounds on target.

In short up until the story ends there is no real problems for the most part, but going into the post game content its most def for the more hardcore fans of Freedom Wars. As thats where the cracks will really begin to show with the overall game design.

I wouldnt really call it a difficulty spike more over just poor design with the post game content. As mentioned above all the other stuff that leads up to the end of the main story is pretty much a cakewalk for the most part if you are familiar with third person shooting games and you dont need high damage output weapons to complete what you need to.

The funny thing about the devs blog post is how he talked about like the timing of enemies spawning. But the issue is not how slow or fast they spawn, its how they actually spawn within the game which has no apparent rules, such as spawn away from the player. Instead you will have them spawning on top of the player constantly from the set point on the map. The way they could have done it correctly is have any spawn points the player is currently occupying, they spawn at one further away. The game does not do that, which can lead to stacked odds if you are already busy with a boss. Its a lot more noticeable with the tenbatsu missions vs the 天兵 as they have a lot more HP than the normal enemies they also actually use their ibara abilities such as to buff their defense or heal eachother. Now add that to dealing with the high rank abductors and it turns into a bit of a mess if they are dropping right on top of you in the middle of fights. Am sure its a lot more manageable with other players watching your back but from a SP perspective its a bit more work.

could it be that some things are bad programming more than bad design choices (was thinking about the placement of AI troops)?

Folks who want to play this for the story and are not really the types to go and mess around to the max with post game content am sure will still have a perfectly good time. Just keep in mind if you do choose to press on you will most def need to consult wikis and other whatnots to see how to get the most out of your weapon customization which is a must if you plan on doing any real damage to the post game enemies.

Any idea how the balance between players will work in competitive MP, do you think MP will add something to the experience of the game or does it feel like an afterthought?

Overall I still do like the title, just that this is some no bullshit commentary from me in regards to what goes on with post game content. Though from my own personal standpoint at the moment do not want to progress any further with messing with the weapon customization aspects and farming bits. That and I have other things which I need to be done currently too thats adding to this lol.

As I understands it you finished Natural Doctrine (that seems more than a little grindy and hard as nails), so this worries me a little ;)

In closing this is its own title and while part of the co-op "hunting" genre it still needs to be treated as its own thing. If you can do that am sure you will have a good time with it. But trying to compare it to something else will leave folks disappointed. One thing for sure is that if they do another version of the game Id reckon all the feedback now would go into it and improvements will be made. There still is "missing" content so to speak like the pistols and fist weapons, so Id have to imagine that there will be an expansion in the future. That does not mean do not buy the game in hopes of waiting for a "complete" version to come out. Not only because does that fuck yourselves by not showing them there is a market for such titles to be localized in the West, but also the fact that this is just speculation for the time being. Sides you folks in the US anyways will be getting it cheaper than it was here in Japan at 30 USD vs 5000+ JPY on launch. Thats if they still are keeping the 30 USD cost. I dont really follow news in regards to things localized in the west thats why.

I will buy it day 1 in EU as a digital, that the game is it´s own thing goes to the pros in my book, but I really hope that it will be a good game when it releases here.

Having put 80 hours into the game Id say I totally got my money's worth out of it and overall was an enjoyable experience!

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions.

Edit: I also find it strange that the filesize is so small for such a "big" game. Do you think that is to make room for future DLC. I don't know why but I get the feeling that they have a lot planned for this title that we still don't know about.

That they don't use animations when the acessory gets captured and that they have choosen to let enemies just pop-in on the map seems like an odd design choice(if that is what it is).

Top Bottom