• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars - Import |OT| War, what is it good for? A HOVERBOARD!!!!

baekshi

Banned
The thumbnails are displayed above the youtube links on the mobile version anyway (not that I care :p).

In other news, the soundtrack was released today in both physical form and on itunes. I grabbed the itunes version because it was cheaper and ripping cds is a pain (don't think I can get the limited item code though).
46 tracks, most of them really good reminded me how good this game can get once they fix some of the issues and release the online mp patch. Can't wait.

I ordered one from Amazon today, I can't tell if it includes codes. Is it first edition only?

Is internet play just ad hoc?
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/freedomwars/001/system/internet.html
?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I ordered one from Amazon today, I can't tell if it includes codes. Is it first edition only?

Is internet play just ad hoc?
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/freedomwars/001/system/internet.html
?

no adhoc is adhoc. internet play has not been added yet.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_ad_hoc_network

they refer to internet play as infrastructure mode here in japan when it comes to handhelds

also on amazon the mobile site anyways no word of codes for the soundtrack

Parakeetman

The thumbnails are displayed above the youtube links on the mobile version anyway (not that I care :p).

In other news, the soundtrack was released today in both physical form and on itunes. I grabbed the itunes version because it was cheaper and ripping cds is a pain (don't think I can get the limited item code though).
46 tracks, most of them really good reminded me how good this game can get once they fix some of the issues and release the online mp patch. Can't wait.

btw not sure what mobile version you are using but the standard mobile site on android does not display any images with yt links.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
btw not sure what mobile version you are using but the standard mobile site on android does not display any images with yt links.
Default gaf mobile on ios:
TYmkGK2.jpg

Parakeetman

this is what it looks on my android ( default browser is chrome/ installed dolphin). it could be your android is old and not update to date or your browser?

and your ot gives image + youtube

No the OT images from YT is intentional and what I use with my general OT design as they are the actual vid thumbnail which is linked to the video itself all done manually. Those shouldnt display if you have images set to off. But what Im talking about is an actual YT link making its own image. Which it does not do on my phone / chrome. Since the reason in the post that started this convo was I left it in link format instead of my usual image links so that there would be no visible thumbnail. Though now I know from Hasemo it seems that some browsers / OSes will display one regardless which is something new. Considering on the PC it doesnt do that with most updated version of Chrome along with my mobile phone

baekshi

Banned
No the OT images from YT is intentional and what I use with my general OT design as they are the actual vid thumbnail which is linked to the video itself all done manually. Those shouldnt display if you have images set to off. But what Im talking about is an actual YT link making its own image. Which it does not do on my phone / chrome. Since the reason in the post that started this convo was I left it in link format instead of my usual image links so that there would be no visible thumbnail. Though now I know from Hasemo it seems that some browsers / OSes will display one regardless which is something new. Considering on the PC it doesnt do that with most updated version of Chrome along with my mobile phone

I see but there's no way to turn off that image + link within image that creates to display and play it right there. Although on the PC it works the way you described and its fine.

if you have the latest chrome on your android, it is likely that you don't have the latest android update or the update that supports it (mine is latest 4.4.4). My guess is that this came in 3.2 honeycomb but I don't know for sure.

Parakeetman

I see but there's no way to turn off that image + link within image that creates to display and play it right there. Although on the PC it works the way you described and its fine.

if you have the latest chrome on your android, it is likely that you don't have the latest android update or the update that supports it (mine is latest 4.4.4). My guess is that this came in 3.2 honeycomb but I don't know for sure.

actually my phone is updated to the latest as it does it automatically as long as it has wifi available. otherwise it would be constantly bugging me to update.

LMN

Finally got a chance to listen some of Freedom wars OST, and I really loved it! especially the track called "Panopticon". I prefer this more than SS OST, though some of you might disagree ;)
To add on, I'm still looking forward to the game regardless of some problems/lack of/incompleteness in the game. Moreover, I can already see the name for the sooner or later expansion, Freedom wars Liberation /or Rebellion LOL.

Parakeetman

Finally got a chance to listen some of Freedom wars OST, and I really loved it! especially the track called "Panopticon". I prefer this more than SS OST, though some of you might disagree ;)
To add on, I'm still looking forward to the game regardless of some problems/lack of/incompleteness in the game. Moreover, I can already see the name for the sooner or later expansion, Freedom wars Liberation /or Rebellion LOL.

If anything the expansion will be heading upwards with the story. Folks will understand when they play through it.

Still imagine the name will have something to do with 天罰. Which can be translated may ways but would say "retribution" would fit the best.

LMN

If anything the expansion will be heading upwards with the story. Folks will understand when they play through it.

Still imagine the name will have something to do with 天罰. Which can be translated may ways but would say "retribution" would fit the best.

Lol how can I forget that one too XD. But yeah, I've heard many people complain about the story in this game, definitely can't wait to see the reaction from gaffer when it release in the west.

Parakeetman

Lol how can I forget that one too XD. But yeah, I've heard many people complain about the story in this game, definitely can't wait to see the reaction from gaffer when it release in the west.

Its really bad how they left things off personally. From what I heard from my co-worker thats gone through pretty much all the end game content is that the story isnt even really progressed anywhere further after too.

Whats also amusing is the dragon that they kept showing in all the pics / vids
you dont even fight it till after you clear the story so it doesnt really have anything to do with the story itself initially asides from cutscenes.

Game does have enough content for what its trying to be, but the problem is that this does most def also feel like some sections were kicked out of the nest too early. Such as the story and certain mechanics. The game is unique though so there is that and the Ibara system is fantastic. Am sure that internet co-op will make for some interesting stuff also. Just the question of when they are going to release it is another issue. Since this seems to be turning into another God Eater 2 incident. Except unlike God Eater 2 this starts out at the bottom of the hill seeing how it got initially panned hard, Id imagine a lot of the userbase has thinned out too. Since what one needs to do to progress in the endgame bits is far more of a pain in the ass than normal games in the genre. Without the online co-op too means you really do need to make those perfect weapons to accomplish the missions as relying on the damage from your AI alone will not cut it as they will be busy most of the time trying to fend off other things. With the endgame stuff they are more supplementary damage rather than being able to rely on them to take something down on their own.

LMN

Its really bad how they left things off personally. From what I heard from my co-worker thats gone through pretty much all the end game content is that the story isnt even really progressed anywhere further after too.

Whats also amusing is the dragon that they kept showing in all the pics / vids
you dont even fight it till after you clear the story so it doesnt really have anything to do with the story itself initially asides from cutscenes.

Game does have enough content for what its trying to be, but the problem is that this does most def also feel like some sections were kicked out of the nest too early. Such as the story and certain mechanics. The game is unique though so there is that and the Ibara system is fantastic. Am sure that internet co-op will make for some interesting stuff also. Just the question of when they are going to release it is another issue. Since this seems to be turning into another God Eater 2 incident. Except unlike God Eater 2 this starts out at the bottom of the hill seeing how it got initially panned hard.

Wow, especially at the dragon. For the online patch, IIRC I heard it will be at the end of July, but I could be wrong. Still remembered the time when you mentioned how the melee system is a step back compared to GE2. IMO this make me believe that the game is released too early for its own good, and its biting them right now just like you said. I just hope that they address most of the issue that you and most of the ppl mentioned ASAP, and perhaps add more in-game content just like SAO HF, not just wait for the expansion.
Edit: I still don't fully understand the random mechanic skill for the perfect weapon, At first I was excited by random type of weapon with different stat in each mission when I played the demo, cause I found it to be more fun and will extend the game length, but I guess I was wrong. I also didn't realize how the lack of online aspect in GE2 damage the game, I always thought Japanese people prefer ad-hoc over online.

Parakeetman

Wow, especially at the dragon. For the online patch, IIRC I heard it will be at the end of July, but I could be wrong. Still remembered the time when you mentioned how the melee system is a step back compared to GE2. IMO this make me believe that the game is released too early for its own good, and its biting them right now just like you said. I just hope that they address most of the issue that you and most of the ppl mentioned ASAP, and perhaps add more in-game content just like SAO HF, not just wait for the expansion.

Im just concerned on what their long term plans are as someone within the decision making category has big $$$ or should I say ¥¥¥ in their eyes with all of the paid DLC content. Which includes color palettes to clothing parts... So someone on the team is an obvious doink that has not paid attention to God Eater 2 or Soul Sacrifices way of doing things. Does not help their current situation out at all personally from that standpoint.

The problem with this is that a lot of the already existing models / decals have issues. Such as clipping into clothing, hair, etc. Stuff that looks like it should match together doesnt. The winter coat + Ushankas (fur hat) for females for example. Showing that they didnt take a lot of time to adjust things so it worked well. Decals on the other hand are all preset locations (shitty ones) mind you and that is another issue which makes one wonder what is the point for the most part if 90% of the locations where you can stick things are useless.

LMN

Im just concerned on what their long term plans are as someone within the decision making category has big $$$ or should I say ¥¥¥ in their eyes with all of the paid DLC content. Which includes color palettes to clothing parts... So someone on the team is an obvious doink that has not paid attention to God Eater 2 or Soul Sacrifices way of doing things. Does not help their current situation out at all personally from that standpoint.

Lol, totally agreed, I can see that pissed off most of the consumers even further. Let just hopes that they don't do that for "who knows when" new mission/boss/weapon DLC as well.

The problem with this is that a lot of the already existing models / decals have issues. Such as clipping into clothing, hair, etc. Stuff that looks like it should match together doesnt. The winter coat + Ushankas (fur hat) for females for example. Showing that they didnt take a lot of time to adjust things so it worked well. Decals on the other hand are all preset locations (shitty ones) mind you and that is another issue which makes one wonder what is the point for the most part if 90% of the locations where you can stick things are useless.

I actually encountered that problem as well when I played the demo, not in term of matching but decal placement. I tried to put multiple decals and change the placement location (the bar code and the number) on my avatar, trying it for a while until I realize that its impossible. I thought they would fix it, but apparently that did not happen..

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Edit: I still don't fully understand the random mechanic skill for the perfect weapon, At first I was excited by random type of weapon with different stat in each mission when I played the demo, cause I found it to be more fun and will extend the game length, but I guess I was wrong. I also didn't realize how the lack of online aspect in GE2 damage the game, I always thought Japanese people prefer ad-hoc over online.
If it was to be released at the end of July, I think we'd have already heard about it.

As for the free content - it seems that everyone here is forgetting that the online patch + pvp is only the first of the three big planned updates. Let's not lose our hope yet, the game has been only out for a month.

LMN

If it was to be released at the end of July, I think we'd have already heard about it.

As for the free content - it seems that everyone here is forgetting that the online patch + pvp is only the first of the three big planned updates. Let's not lose our hope yet, the game has been only out for a month.

I see, I'm still excited for the game though, so no hope is lose yet, just some concerns.
anyway,
let's contribute XD (did I said it right?)

Parakeetman

Whos talking about losing hope? Seriously. This is real no bullshit talk here so folks know exactly what they are wading into.

Its the same pattern as before with GE2 and the fact that they didnt have things prepped to go from the start shows that they really did not learn anything.

Dont get me wrong the game is perfectly fine till a player beats the story after that everything starts to fall apart.

Sides a simple content update patch is not going to fix the numerous overlying issues with the games design itself. So seriously if they decide to the real changes would occur in a "G" version of the game.

For now regardless of online play or not am pretty much done with the title as there really isnt much else to see considering. That and the whole customization system for high level equipment = wasting way too much time that Id like to along with combat isnt as satisfying since its mainly stick yourself to the enemy if you can and cram in as many shots from バーバラ as you can before having to jump off or get tossed off.

Sides with how the game is balanced even if they do newer missions like bring out 2 last bosses at the same time, which they have done unless they gave them a massive HP boost they still are going to eat shit and die with the same strategy shown in that earlier video had posted a page or two back.

Parakeetman

The problem with the melee system are 3 main things.

1: The Humanoid Abductors in general are too tall for most melee attacks to be useful at all when they are standing. If you have one knocked down you are far better off just trying to saw parts off or be blasting away with the バーバラ rifle. Lets not even go into
the ones that fly such as the last boss and dragon

2: The charge attacks are worthless for the most part with how long they take to charge and you cant charge while moving, which later on = you getting shot to shit. So its far too situational with having to stun an abductor first to get the most out of it. Doing a lv 1 charge attack isnt worth it which means you need to spend more time getting up to the lv 2 charge which is ready to be deployed right when the abductor wakes up for the most time.

3: Generally firearms will outclass you in damage AND put you at far less risk.

On top of that besides the usual damage related things there are not too many other melee centric skills. Such as charge reduction which would have been appreciated. Also the melee move animations are quite shit when it comes to functionality and also leaves the player open a lot depending on the weapon used due to the delay after the attack animation. Have been fairly concerned about the melee system from the initial introduction video showing off the melee attacks / charge attacks. Ive even tried to make a "good" melee weapon and yeah its just not really a viable tool against abductors. Unless you are actually latched onto an abductor getting in close to an active one is pretty much suicide end game.

They really should have made the defensive Ibara be allowed to deploy a constantly active barrier to the front of the player (think captain america running forward with his shield out) and any hits to it depletes the gauge. Would have been far more useful than the wall which you almost never use. Just allow it to be deployed instantly to allow defensive players an option.

Healing with the Ibara should have been something only specific to the healing ibara (thought this seriously would have made a HUGE impact to game difficulty, which is why I bet they didnt do it. As literally thats the only Im healing folks is with the Ibara due to its speed and distance)

The capture one seems fine since both functionality has its own uses currently.

There is the other issue too of the dodging being worthless for the most part and no actual defend ability with the weapons. Trying to use the Ibara to avoid attacks at the last minute does not work as a strategy due to it has 2 steps before you will actually be able to move out of the way. Deployment and Accepting movement to said location. All of which will land you getting hit first. This game was most def designed around firearms first and melee weapons put in as an afterthought.

The problem is with GE2 they pretty much advertised the online play thing and took forever to get it out. So by the time it did come out hardly anyone was around who gave a shit. Though perhaps things have changed now that "The Best" edition of the game is out so folks who were holding out are playing now together with friends. At least for the most part they kept it going with constant free content updates and the latest free DLC of all the retail type of special DLCs. Then there is the 1000 JPY I think DLC story content too. So besides the online fuckup, Id say they have done pretty good with supporting the game overall.

---

The way they have the weapon system actually it was an interesting idea, but the problem is the balancing with it was not done well enough so that in terms of effort in to input out is a bit problematic. Along with the kind of damage output you need on the end game missions. It really would have been better without the randomization which is what ruins things when it comes to doing the max slot type of items. So that generally leads to a lot of UL / DL with your PS+ cloud data.

Initially till the end of the story, its not that big of a deal and you can make serviceable weapons till then with no problem. Its the end game stuff where you need pretty much perfect weapons where things come into being a problem / hassle. Its not like monster hunter where once you have the parts you get said item set, then you can make extra stuff to improve it such as the gems or upgrading the item itself. They made it a bit too convoluted endgame wise which will turn off the more more casual players. But when you have to do something such as
kill 2 dragons
with how much HP those things have you seriously want the best possible gear or you will wind up running out of time before killing the 2nd one. Basically to get the most out of the end game stuff you will be looking at Wikis to try and see how to make the perfect combinations and truthfully a game like this should not be like that.

Its similar to God Eater 2s bullet system, though that game you had the melee combat aspect to make up for if you didnt want to or gave a shit about making specialized bullets. That and generally the standard shots were ok for chip damage as long as you had said gun form upgraded to its proper level. Though to make actual "useful" bullets it required a wiki for the most part. But at least it didnt screw you over with randomization which included negative effects just because.

Wow, especially at the dragon. For the online patch, IIRC I heard it will be at the end of July, but I could be wrong.

Still remembered the time when you mentioned how the melee system is a step back compared to GE2. IMO this make me believe that the game is released too early for its own good, and its biting them right now just like you said.

The July 31st thing is only for the info, not the actual update.

It's a different game so I was not expecting things to be very similar. But if you really wanna compare, then it's not a step down. It's like they climbed the highest third building in the world, then jumped down. Without a parachute or a safety net or that bungie rope thing.

They wanted to create a boom, and thus, they're trying to recreate the circumstances that helped Monster Hunter reach its height. With F2P schemes. <_<

But honestly, it felt more like they're just milking the leftovers from the awesome results of God Eater 2 and Toukiden. >_>

Basically, to get passive skills on your weapon, you need the base weapon (where preserved skill comes from) and a to-be-destroyed weapon (where inherited skills are). And optionally one (and only one) material to dope it with (adds a single skill). And you don't choose what skill gets preserved or inherited.

There're doping materials that doesn't add skill, but ensures to preserve a certain number of inherited (or preserved). And this is only up to 5 max. And you don't select which (though at least they're the positive effects and you can manipulate it by using 'protect 5 inherited' on a 5-slot weapon, but that still takes work). And these are goddamn rare.

And then, to fuck up your life, there's also "new skill" that comes out of nowhere. And it will overwrite anything that isn't protected by the special doping material above. And these skill can be negative skills*. Imagine a +30% Power being overwritten by -5% Power.

Max slots is 12. You can only preserve "unselected" 5 skill (EITHER inherited OR preserved). And "new" skills to ruin the party.

PS Plus Subscription is a must if you actually want to create the perfect weapon. Upload save, do shit, bad results? redownload PS+ Cloud save, reload, repeat Content Manager also works, but it's a bit more of a hassle (or takes a fucking long time if you went digital like me).

*and positive skills are not always helpful. Having an "add magazine" skill on a sword is just taking up space.

Wow this game looks like it will be a blast I had completely forgotten about it! I hope they announce a US release date soon and give it a bit of marketing. I recall seeing something about this game around E3 then nothing.

Parakeetman

Wow this game looks like it will be a blast I had completely forgotten about it! I hope they announce a US release date soon and give it a bit of marketing. I recall seeing something about this game around E3 then nothing.

Am sure you folks will have a good time with it in the west and hopefully online play will be out by then too so you can play with friends over the internet. Since will seriously help the overall experience and coordinating attacks should be fun.

The July 31st thing is only for the info, not the actual update.

It's a different game so I was not expecting things to be very similar. But if you really wanna compare, then it's not a step down. It's like they climbed the highest third building in the world, then jumped down. Without a parachute or a safety net or that bungie rope thing.

They wanted to create a boom, and thus, they're trying to recreate the circumstances that helped Monster Hunter reach its height. With F2P schemes. <_<

But honestly, it felt more like they're just milking the leftovers from the awesome results of God Eater 2 and Toukiden. >_>

Basically, to get passive skills on your weapon, you need the base weapon (where preserved skill comes from) and a to-be-destroyed weapon (where inherited skills are). And optionally one (and only one) material to dope it with (adds a single skill). And you don't choose what skill gets preserved or inherited.

There're doping materials that doesn't add skill, but ensures to preserve a certain number of inherited (or preserved). And this is only up to 5 max. And you don't select which (though at least they're the positive effects and you can manipulate it by using 'protect 5 inherited' on a 5-slot weapon, but that still takes work). And these are goddamn rare.

And then, to fuck up your life, there's also "new skill" that comes out of nowhere. And it will overwrite anything that isn't protected by the special doping material above. And these skill can be negative skills*. Imagine a +30% Power being overwritten by -5% Power.

Max slots is 12. You can only preserve "unselected" 5 skill (EITHER inherited OR preserved). And "new" skills to ruin the party.

PS Plus Subscription is a must if you actually want to create the perfect weapon. Upload save, do shit, bad results? redownload PS+ Cloud save, reload, repeat Content Manager also works, but it's a bit more of a hassle (or takes a fucking long time if you went digital like me).

*and positive skills are not always helpful. Having an "add magazine" skill on a sword is just taking up space.

Yep pretty much. Not really that great of a system and no idea how they thought it would be fun for the players...

Btw ATX what happened to you avatar? I had remembered in Donkeys Gundam thread you used to have one?

Excellent OT as always, Parakeetman! I've been following this game on and off for a while now, and it looks great so far. Just waiting for a release date so I can board the Freedom Wars hype train! ^_^

Parakeetman

Excellent OT as always, Parakeetman! I've been following this game on and off for a while now, and it looks great so far. Just waiting for a release date so I can board the Freedom Wars hype train! ^_^

Thanks!

As stated before while the game has issues am sure people will still find it enjoyable. Even more so when you know what kind of issues exist before hand so you dont have to really worry about it as much. Id really imagine too that they wouldnt want to release the Western version without online play also. With what a tight community GAF has should be easy for folks to set up games with eachother and such. Think baekshi? was the one who was going to do the US OT.

But for sure will be interesting to see when it comes out in the US / EU. Id really like to see how the H2H mode will be for folks.

LMN

Wow!, thank again Parakeetman and ATXAlchemy for these great info! On the randomize passive skill, and with the use of PS+, make me think that they wanted to indirectly sell more PS+ subscribtion XD. But I can definitely see where the frustration coming from, I'm sure I will eventually face it when I receive my us copy, since the last hunting genre I played is Toukiden.

Parakeetman

Wow!, thank again Parakeetman and ATXAlchemy for these great info! On the randomize passive skill, and with the use of PS+, make me think that they wanted to indirectly sell more PS+ subscribtion XD. But I can definitely see where the frustration coming from, I'm sure I will eventually face it when I receive my us copy, since the last hunting genre I played is Toukiden.

Nah you can use the CMA Content Manager Assistant too but its more of a pain in the ass and takes longer. They had designed the game in hopes folks wouldnt do that but forgot about the whole PS+ UL / DL thing. Its the same for the &#22825;&#32624; missions that are limited to a single shot at it pass or fail. Though those are a bit easier too do since all that you need to do is quit the game in middle of the mission and reload your save.

In regards to Toukiden Kiwami should be interesting as the new weapons are pretty cool. Just wish the price was a little lower personally, but thats just me. Will be picking it up anyways.

LMN

Nah you can use the CMA Content Manager Assistant too but its more of a pain in the ass and takes longer. They had designed the game in hopes folks wouldnt do that but forgot about the whole PS+ UL / DL thing. Its the same for the &#22825;&#32624; missions that are limited to a single shot at it pass or fail. Though those are a bit easier too do since all that you need to do is quit the game in middle of the mission and reload your save.

In regards to Toukiden Kiwami should be interesting as the new weapons are pretty cool. Just wish the price was a little lower personally, but thats just me. Will be picking it up anyways.

Little bit off topic, but I played Kiwami demo and really loved the new weapons, just waiting for localization announcement from KT
pls in retail format
Can't wait to hear your impression on the full game.

Parakeetman

Little bit off topic, but I played Kiwami demo and really loved the new weapons, just waiting for localization announcement from KT
pls in retail format
Can't wait to hear your impression on the full game.

In my threads dont really care if things go off topic as long as its still related to the genre of said game in OT.

I had found the rifle to be actually quite interesting out of the new gear. Am sure Ill be using that if possible when I start a new data.

MrHoot

Gave back my japanese copy to my friend after playing a bit more than 5 hours on it, thought it was pretty fun and waiting for my EU release, but oh geez has the thread went to a total downer now that I've catched up to it. I'm hoping that the PVP update will make this viable because right now i'm pretty bummed (i'd probably still get it because well..i'm invested in the thing now) but the more parakeet talks about it, the more it seems like a huge regret

LMN

Gave back my japanese copy to my friend after playing a bit more than 5 hours on it, thought it was pretty fun and waiting for my EU release, but oh geez has the thread went to a total downer now that I've catched up to it. I'm hoping that the PVP update will make this viable because right now i'm pretty bummed (i'd probably still get it because well..i'm invested in the thing now) but the more parakeet talks about it, the more it seems like a huge regret

You enjoyed your first 5 hours with the game right? I sure did when I played the demo (which is longer than 5 hours XD), and if you enjoyed what you played, then you would definitely not regret buying it. And if you read most of the post by Parakeetman, ATXAlchemy, Hasemo, and most of the people who posted here, they all enjoy the game even though there are issues and concerns. For all the discussion here, IMO, they just want our expectation to be keep in check, so we know what we going to encounter when we play the full game. Also, there is still 3 big updates as Hasemo previously mentioned, the developer might/might not be able to fixed most of the issue, who knows, but at least there no reason to lose hope.
Again, I'm still excited for the game and looking forward to playing it. And shouldn't you be celebrating that FW is coming out in retail format in EU, do you part and make sure SCEE does not regret their choice ;)

Anko

I can't speak for PvP since there's literally almost no one to adhoc with here in SEA. What I can say is most of us had fun with single player for at least 30 hours or so. I loved the game but the end game needs work.

I'm not sure what other people do, end game wise, for similar(?) games like MH and GE. I've more or less gotten bored of freedom wars ~95 hours in, which is a pretty long time. Do we keep upgrading our weapons? It maxes out at level 10, and while it is not easy to reach level 10 in most branches, there is a definite end to it. There is no super legendary weapon for us to find. Everything is craftable with normal materials. There is no addictive loot system where you farm endlessly. Once you get that one elusive material to level your weapon to 10, what then? The inter-region GDPP score rank certainly isn't going to keep me around.

You also hit a stonewall in levelling your weapons when you hit around level 5-6 of the various branches due to the materials required not being available for farming infinitely except during event periods.

Only the special tenbatsu missions provide any sort of challenge, and I reckon it'll be worse for PvE. That post story normal mission with that dragon? After levelling your weapons a bit, you can clear it in under 5 minutes. Tenbatsu missions don't come by often enough outside events.

For those that tried, how does PvP work? Is it available only for specific missions? Because at the moment, only two to three PvP friendly missions come to mind.

There's no PvP yet.

&#20170;&#24460;&#12398;&#12450;&#12483;&#12503;&#12487;&#12540;&#12488;&#20104;&#23450;&#65288;&#26178;&#26399;&#26410;&#23450;&#65289;
Update 1&#12302;&#23550;&#25126;&#12303;&#12539;&#12539;&#12539;&#12508;&#12521;&#12531;&#12486;&#12451;&#12450;&#36861;&#21152;&#12289;&#12452;&#12531;&#12501;&#12521;&#12514;&#12540;&#12489;&#23550;&#24540;&#12289;8&#20154;&#21516;&#26178;&#12503;&#12524;&#12452;&#23550;&#24540;&#12289;PvP&#23550;&#24540;
Update 2&#12302;&#20027;&#32681;&#12303;&#12539;&#12539;&#12539;&#12452;&#12487;&#12458;&#12525;&#12462;&#12540;&#25126;

It comes with the Infra Mode.

I don't even know what the heck Ideology fight means.

Parakeetman

Also, there is still 3 big updates as Hasemo previously mentioned, the developer might/might not be able to fixed most of the issue, who knows, but at least there no reason to lose hope.

ill say this again most of the larger issues with the game they will not be able to fix without a massive overhaul of the game system. if anything all the updates will be able to do is mess with stats of both items and AI along with potential map placement of things.

but for actual fixes to the games system itself dont expect those in any if the updates. if they do plan on releasing an expansion might see some then.

Anko

I have noticed that the AI is acting a little... Weird. Beatrice often stands around doing nothing. I'd sometimes find her in the other corner of the map without any enemies around and she'd just stand there. Even when we're around enemies, sometimes she'd just stand right by my side, neither healing me nor bothering to shoot at enemies. She has never done this before. Can't remember if it was only that specific map (alpha tiger and spider target tenbatsu).

Invasion (PvP) mode info. Looks interesting.

I have noticed that the AI is acting a little... Weird. Beatrice often stands around doing nothing. I'd sometimes find her in the other corner of the map without any enemies around and she'd just stand there. Even when we're around enemies, sometimes she'd just stand right by my side, neither healing me nor bothering to shoot at enemies. She has never done this before. Can't remember if it was only that specific map (alpha tiger and spider target tenbatsu).

I haven't encountered that bug (I'd assume you're talking of one). One I encounter is them running into a wall forever. Every time they're stuck, I just assume it's that bug.

Whoever planned the AI here is not that good. AI NPCs are not allies. They're your minions.

And these guys below are more useful than the AI handling in this game. :(
u0uzGUq.jpg

What annoys me is that when they have "finished" their task (e.g. Team Command:Anti-Human + no more enemy humans in the map), the team command will revert to Spread Out. Yup, spread out. Not even "own judgement" which is the default at the start of the mission. The last thing you need is for the infinite number of enemies picking your allies off one by one.

The AI profiles are also too one-track minded, too. Accessory + Command:Destroy Enemy Parts = won't revive you despite having stepped all over you for the whole 5 second window.

Parakeetman

I haven't encountered that bug (I'd assume you're talking of one). One I encounter is them running into a wall forever. Every time they're stuck, I just assume it's that bug.

Whoever planned the AI here is not that good. AI NPCs are not allies. They're your minions.

And these guys below are more useful than the AI handling in this game. :(
u0uzGUq.jpg

What annoys me is that when they have "finished" their task (e.g. Team Command:Anti-Human + no more enemy humans in the map), the team command will revert to Spread Out. Yup, spread out. Not even "own judgement" which is the default at the start of the mission. The last thing you need is for the infinite number of enemies picking your allies off one by one.

The AI profiles are also too one-track minded, too. Accessory + Command:Destroy Enemy Parts = won't revive you despite having stepped all over you for the whole 5 second window.

i really dont get how the ai turned into a mess considering that even though god eater 2 was a step down from the original and burst it was still good.

at least this game isnt in the abysmal category which soul sacrifice was but still leads to issues if there are too many targets around.

thanks yeah looks like this thurs for the patch. good thing you didnt post it since am pretty sure thats a scan :)

will update the ot in a bit

This sounds great, is FW the first game on vita that allows you to play the sp missions online without having to clear them once before (I would have loves this feature in toukiden)?

Top Bottom