• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars - Import |OT| War, what is it good for? A HOVERBOARD!!!!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Edit: Nvm, I completely misunderstood that.

Ontopic - I hope the update really comes out tomorrow.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Edit: Nvm, I completely misunderstood that.

Ontopic - I hope the update really comes out tomorrow.

Looks like it since the pic most def seems to be legit.

Though weird that the main HP isnt updated...

Im asking someone else that might know. Will update here if I get any hits back. Though seriously would be nice if this is for real. :D

Depending on what kind of DLC is in tomorrows famitsu might pick it up and check.,

Parakeetman

Ok official tweet from the producer is in. Unfortunately it will not make it in time due to some problems still left with the build it seems. There will be another announcement tomorrow.

http://freedomwars-yoshizawa.tumblr.com/post/93303123898/1

More バーバラ madness by currently the most "famous" JP freedom wars player lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsH-ytz9e70

Taken from their blog here. Click to see their insane collection.
http://game.girldoll.org/consumer/freedomwars/100112/

Ok official tweet from the producer is in. Unfortunately it will not make it in time due to some problems still left with the build it seems. There will be another announcement tomorrow.

http://freedomwars-yoshizawa.tumblr.com/post/93303123898/1

More バーバラ madness by currently the most "famous" JP freedom wars player lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsH-ytz9e70

Taken from their blog here. Click to see their insane collection.
http://game.girldoll.org/consumer/freedomwars/100112/

That sucks, was hoping it would come out tomorrow.

That バーバラ does so much damage holy crap, mine does like 1/8th of that at the moment.

Is there any romance or subtle hints of attraction between NPCs/Androids and the MC in the story?

Given how the promo focused a lot of that waifu-android vibe and NPC heroines like Beatrice and hooded lady - just wondering if there's anything romantic lovey-dovey going on.

Parakeetman

Is there any romance or subtle hints of attraction between NPCs/Androids and the MC in the story?

Given how the promo focused a lot of that waifu-android vibe and NPC heroines like Beatrice and hooded lady - just wondering if there's anything romantic lovey-dovey going on.

nope none really

Parakeetman

I have one final clarification question... is there 0 romance, like zilch, nothing, nope, between MC and any NPCs? Like not even hints? If there is none then I'll be skipping this game for sure.

if thats what you are looking for suggest playing something else truthfully

the story itself isnt really fleshed out correctly either lol

if thats what you are looking for suggest playing something else truthfully

the story itself isnt really fleshed out correctly either lol

Haha alright, thanks! Well you just saved me some money (was going to dip in the Aug 7th version) and get Akiba's Trip 2 on the Vita right now instead.

A: It has been announced, but I dont think we have an official date yet. At least the game will be cheaper for you folks in the US. I recall them saying it will be around 30 USD?
So I just pre-ordered the game. This will be in English correct? It said ship date January 2015.

maouvin

So I just pre-ordered the game. This will be in English correct? It said ship date January 2015.

US version will have english subs + japanese dubs. Maybe EU will get subs in other languages too, but the dubs will be jap only too.
Amazon's release date is a placeholder, game is confirmed to launch sometime in 2014.

Parakeetman

Amazon speculated Dec 2014, and release date is mid January 2015. Just curious if it has English translation.

Here we go this should answer your question.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/30/freedom-wars-new-details-on-ps-vitas-upcoming-action-rpg/

Question by a user:
Will this have a English dub?

Answer by Nick Accordino:
It will not. We’re sticking with the original (fantastic) Japanese audio and adding in subtitles for multiple languages. Hope you enjoy it!

Apologies that I had misunderstood your question initially!

--------------

Still think its weird that they are calling it an "Action RPG" though, when its hardly such...

It's a shame there's no dubs but I'll be used to this since I watch anime, so it's no big deal. Thanks for the help guys! :)

1377011016_clint-nod.gif

baekshi

Banned
Amazon speculated Dec 2014, and release date is mid January 2015. Just curious if it has English translation.

What is the source on this?

They haven't announced release date except that its coming out this year. What I don't understand how you couldn't tell that Dec 31 dates are always placeholder....

Fhoenix

So any idea when we are going to have more events? Their server has being down whole week, and I don't see any news on the website besides a new ranking which I am not sure how they calculated, since the server is down.

crinale

Just after Sony apologized for delaying update they uploaded it lol.
Must finish work quickly so I could check it...

Parakeetman

should be interesting to see how it does now that the infrastructure patch is out along with various "adjustments".

added this to the op.
GCdT7bl.png

Is the update just for online or have they tweeked something else in the game?

Edit: oh, didn't read about the "adjustments", what are they?

Parakeetman

Is the update just for online or have they tweeked something else in the game?

Edit: oh, didn't read about the "adjustments", what are they?

One of the most USEFUL ones is being able to cut allies out from the spider webs. Jesus what were they thinking not having that in the first place. Let alone being able to jam buttons to get out faster like MH had with dizzy and other effects.

Other stuff is AI friendly / hostile adjustments.

Game balance

Other fixes.

It's ver 1.10, not 1.01 ;)

fuck! fixing it hang on a sec. there we go fixed, thanks for that Hasemo!

Anko

Hmm. Ability to change names! Why did they not put this in from the start. Glad it's there now.

Some other minor changes include new story cutscene. New tutorials. New rights to unlock when you hit 0 years. Camera options.

It sucks that even though they added the option to hold circle in addition to mashing, mashing still gives the biggest bonus to drag down, etc.

And not sure if it's a bug because they supposedly added a new story cutscene video, but I can not longer replay most of the cutscenes that I have already gotten.
Edit: Turns out now you have to unlock them

Parakeetman

Hmm. Ability to change names! Why did they not put this in from the start. Glad it's there now.

Some other minor changes include new story cutscene. New tutorials. New rights to unlock when you hit 0 years. Camera options.

It sucks that even though they added the option to hold circle in addition to mashing, mashing still gives the biggest bonus to drag down, etc.

And not sure if it's a bug because they supposedly added a new story cutscene video, but I can not longer replay most of the cutscenes that I have already gotten.

Ill leave it to you guys to inform others of whats changed as too busy with other things currently, need to get things ready for family and other whatnots.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've played one online match (7-4) and while a bit laggy, it was super fun.

Anko

Rough translation. Correct me if I'm wrong

Ver 1.10

• Volunteer co-op via internet play
  • Enemy territory invasion volunteer- New volunteer mission to attack other PTs, allowing you to affect their GDPP
  • Proof of volunteer completion (for unlocking SP volunteer clear status if the mission was cleared in MP, allowing you to progress in SP story through MP)
  • Added the need to unlock story cut scene video logs through rights
  • Added an original movie set slightly before the game's story (requires certain amount of story progression)
  • New tutorials - additional ibara tutorials, one on basic action and one on special abilities
  • Ability to change names (found on the wall menu)
  • Additional options added to option menu (camera speed, amount of zoom when aiming, voice chat vol, chat use text options, lock on settings, configuring volunteer launch options)
  • Added individual Togabito rankings
  • Added new rights to unlock for those who have reduced their sentence to 0 years
  • Added more decals for the 47 prefectures
  • Added new accessories that require insane amounts of points to unlock (100k and up)
  • Added ability to free allies from the spider's net through melee attacks
  • Added the ability to change the voice of your Accessory (content will be released as DLC in the future)
  • Added text chat messages and emotions
    iNtTvvCjUQdX.jpg
  • Allied NPC AI balancing
  • Enemy togabito AI balancing
  • Adjustments to a variety of parameters
  • Other bug fixes

They didn't elaborate on the bug fixes

Up next, 4v4 PvP and ideological warfare(??)

Anko

Can you enter your own messages or only choose phrases they provide?

Free to enter your own messages. You can edit the fixed phrases and you can enter free text as well.

インターネットプレイにおいて、定型文、自由入力によるテキストチャット、ボイスチャット、並びにエモーションによる、プレイヤー間のコミュニケーションが可能になります。

Parakeetman

info n stuff

congrats that info of yours made it into the OT and special thanks section lol.

Also the final Propaganda Idol solo song by Panna - Ibara Lullabye
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1406899821

wow they really were saving the best for the last since this song and the singing is pretty good.

If someone has the balls to rip it and toss it up to YT feel free to do so then Ill make a direct img link to the vid, since we all know niconico is a pain in the ass.

Anko

Regarding attacking other PTs, I see a count of 5/5 in the start menu. It seems you can attack other PTs for a max number of 5 times in a set period. After that, you will have to wait until the next refresh period. Looks likely to be a daily thing.

To do this mission, talk to Natalia in the lobby area. You can choose which PT to attack. Pressing circle while standing in the blue circle will bring up the volunteer info screen. If you attack a PT that is in an allaince with another PT, the damage will be dealt to the PT that has the highest GDPP in the alliance.

congrats that info of yours made it into the OT and special thanks section lol.
Sorry. Messed up one of the option translation. It's this one:
Additional settings added to option menu (camera speed, amount of zoom when aiming, voice chat vol, chat use text options, lock on settings, configuring volunteer launch options)

And there is actually voice chat, in addition to text chat.

LOL. They will censor any inappropriate thing that you are making your accessory say.

Parakeetman

Regarding attacking other PTs, I see a count of 5/5 in the start menu. It seems you can attack other PTs for a max number of 5 times in a set period. After that, you will have to wait until the next refresh period.

To do this mission, talk to Natalia in the lobby area. You can choose which PT to attack. Pressing circle while standing in the blue circle will bring up the volunteer info screen. If you attack a PT that is in an allaince with another PT, the damage will be dealt to the PT that has the highest GDPP in the alliance.

Will be interesting to see what the PVP top weapons will be since we all know PVE will be the following

Fhoenix

Did 8-2 eight times. Not a single 三次元複合センサ:RR甲型 dropped. Red Rage is a prick.

baekshi

Banned
So online is out! The PvP is also for this month or is that later?

The early august turned out really early lol nice surprise.

Top Bottom