• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

manfestival

After reading the OT. I can't help but feel like this game is actually a beta until they release single player. However the videos of this are pretty hilarious

The game is fun for sure but man does it need some polish. Hopefully there's some patches along with the single player campaign that cleans some stuff up. It just feels so janky.

Is there a PS4 community or anything up we can join?

got my very own launch kill, yay!

sharefactory_201705274ckfm.gif

Are these common? I about DIED laughing when I was watching a streamer on Twitch when this happened to him. I even made my very first video edit and put it as a gif on page 11 of this thread to celebrate the moment.

kodecraft

I am like at the end of my rope with Deborah.. I seem to be spotted by Jason every single match, and when I am she's incapable of running away, jukes don't work because she gets horrified in seconds, and I can never seem to find the pieces to hit objectives. I don't know, but she's not working for me.

Deborah has low luck and speed.

PrinceKee

Finally was able to get connected on X1 and play a few matches with LFG and the game is a load of fun. It has a lot of glitches. One I encountered is playing with Tommy if you pickup up something and put your gun down if you pick it up again you cant you use it. I've also lost a lot of experience CP. We really need to get some GAF groups to play private matches. I feel Jason might be OP because I'm able to kill all the counselors pretty fast with him. My last match I was killing the last counselor and the game crashed so no exp...

jtrov

Just lost all my progress on PS4. Back to level 0. I can play with the base stuff, but no XP gain.

Same thing just happened to me. Was waiting in pre-game lobby and it booted me saying connection timed out and when I got back to the main screen everything was wiped... Wtf!?

Edit: Weird got all my stuff back after joining the game I got booted from...

owlbeak

Same thing just happened to me. Was waiting in pre-game lobby and it booted me saying connection timed out and when I got back to the main screen everything was wiped... Wtf!?
Same. Can't connect now either - database error. Haven't gotten that one yet.

B-Dex

I connected but also back at lvl 0. Sucks but I was only lvl 6.

Display bug on the main menu. In a lobby it says I'm lvl 6 still.

So can you just like... walk towards an exit? Like hope he's distracted and you just walk to safety?
The only exit you can walk through requires you to call the police and wait 5 min for them to arrive.

The other escape options are the car and boat, which you have to repair and fuel to get started.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Edit: Weird got all my stuff back after joining the game I got booted from...

Same I regained my stuff randomly after a few games.

SuperPac

I'm surprised by how much I like this game. Most of the matches I played today ended in defeat/death but it still had some really exciting moments. Still have not played as Jason but running around as a counselor has been quite satisfying.

How much of each map is randomly determined? Just items? Items and the phone? Other things?

It has a lot of glitches. One I encountered is playing with Tommy if you pickup up something and put your gun down if you pick it up again you cant you use it.
Holy hell, yeah, this happened to me. I accidentally picked up a wrench and then it bugged my shotgun. I kept trying over and over again to get Tommy to aim it and then eventually, he managed to aim and pop off a shot and just like that, it alerted Jason and he rushed me and snapped my jaw off.

It was pretty hysterical in hindsight but in the moment, I was furious.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm surprised by how much I like this game. Most of the matches I played today ended in defeat/death but it still had some really exciting moments. Still have not played as Jason but running around as a counselor has been quite satisfying.

I like both counselors and Jason equally. It`s a goddamn rush every time. When people are fun and cooperate.

Well I have the database login failure now. Was actually able to connect yesterday but I guess that's a thing of the past.

Genuinely considering a refund at this point.

They really gotta do something about the teleport grab. I've never had a single person get away when I've played Jason because of it. Make it so after doing it there's a recovery for attacks or something idk.

jtrov

They really need to find a way to reward xp when the game ends via server error. I was able to successfully escape with the car in back to back games only to have the game boot my ass back to the menu with a server error. It's hard enough racking up exp as a counselor, let alone survive... So it hurts big time when you finally repair a vehicle and actually escape for absolutely no reward lol.

Just want this game to finally work. Having to much fun only to be soured on some bullshit.

Jmille99

Well, out of about 7 games, Ive survived once. And it was because the Jason player left.

Really enjoying what little Ive played. Feel like I just run around blindly and cant ever find what I need to escape before Jason is on me.

Anyone want to add me on PSN for some (hopefully smoother) Private Matches: IwillKILLurGOD. Tend to play 8:30pm-10:30pm Central

Really unfortunate that they're having such a rough launch, especially because of how much fun I'm having when I do get to play. Doing it Memorial Day weekend probably wasn't the best idea.

It's a janky game, but the core concept and setting is so good I can't even get mad about the glitches.

Stiler

Anyone else unable to buy any perks?

Everytime I try to buy one it just says it failed and I get stuck in the loading back and have to alt f4.

sjay1994

I keep getting the database login error, even though my friends are able to play the game, and I am able to play other games on PSN

Jmille99

*sigh* last few games have ended with errors after the match and no cp gain. Almost want to give it a few more days before I play again hoping the kinks get worked out.

Almost.

Mask

Is there a gaf group for this? I got it on PC, thanks to kickstarting it, and none of my friends have it, fully up for voice chat! My Steam is generalvirgo, should show up as Purge

ElRenoRaven

Yea the issues must be spreading. I've had no problem since launch and now go to log in on pc and getting the database error. Luckily after about 20 minutes of trying it started working again.

Hexer06

I was lucky to play my first match as Jason. Managed to kill all the counselors as well. He definitely seems more OP than he was in the beta, but idk. I was playing with new players and they had no clue Jason could hear them talking. So it's great when they say "hurry out the window" and "let's set the trap in front of the door",only to foil there plans and be waiting for them outside the window (like in the actual movie, haha). Love the game, but then I got kicked and my exp didn't seem to stay :/. Hope they fix this game soon cuz I'm dying to play it without worrying about these server issues. I hope ppl don't get deterred. :)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
There`s a dude on PS4 who plays the Legend of Zelda theme on saxophone while playing. This community is going to be a great one.

Zoanoid33

Game chat is how the game is meant to be played. The mechanics revolve around communicating with as many people as possible and the proximity chat really adds a lot of tension. Would be nice if there was more walkie talkies laying around though sometimes I only talk to one or two people the whole time.

On a side note a cool Jason ability would be listening to the walkie for a short period of time. Maybe in the future they will give more abilities to choose from.

I was going to add a part on to my post about the teleport grab saying I don't get what other Jasons I fight are doing because it never happens to me, but I took it out so I wouldn't jinx it... Then I went and immediately had a Jason that knew the how to do it and it was every bit as enfeebling as I'd imagined it would be. You really can't do shit about it.

Top Bottom