• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Stiler

Ok can someone explain how stealth works? I've heard people say conflicting things about stealth and Jason's "sense" ability.

I've heard people say if you are playing as say, the punk chick who has a 10 in stealth and you crouch that you are basically "invisible" to Jason, however I've did this and Jason seems to be able to see me (cause he has warped right to me, etc).

Jacqli

Ok can someone explain how stealth works? I've heard people say conflicting things about stealth and Jason's "sense" ability.

I've heard people say if you are playing as say, the punk chick who has a 10 in stealth and you crouch that you are basically "invisible" to Jason, however I've did this and Jason seems to be able to see me (cause he has warped right to me, etc).
Do you remember if you had fear? I have several questions regarding the stats myself, like the difference between a 10 in stealth or a 7, how it actually affects the game and so on. Or maybe it is like some perks and you have a chance (higher chance as the character has more stealth) of not being detected by sense. It is hard to say, I also only played twice as killerTM so I have not had time to actually test things out.

But then, if it is so easy to have fear, would not composure be a better stealth stat? Or trying to mix both through perks and stat.

Corven

I think stealth dictate if Jason sees the "movement bubbles" when you move around.

There is a fear mechanic in the game which may be your problem, over time your fear rises letting Jason see you in a red silhouette when he uses his sense ability, if you stay outside in the dark with no flash light, aren't around other people or run into dead bodies your fear rises faster, so it doesn't matter if you stealth, if your character is scared you get a red beacon stuck to you.

Or he could have gotten lucky and randomly teleported near your location and saw you, who knows.

Trill O'Reilly

Neo Member
Just played a few matches on PS4 and I was surprised at how fun the game is. I think the fun factor is definitely tied to the element of communication and variety of if you want to work as a team or just try to survive. Issues aside I think it's something that has been missing from consoles for awhile now. I feared I would get burned out, but I can see this holding my attention for awhile easily especially when I just want to have fun with randoms. It's not perfect, or stunning visually but when it's properly working it's just fun as hell...

that_dude_guy

Neo Member
I absolutely love the Tommy Jarvis mechanic. I'm not entirely sure of the details, but after dying within seconds of the game starting, I was bummed. Later, the game let me know that I was being summoned back in as Tommy Jarvis with a shotgun. That's a pretty slick way to keep spectators involved.

Trill O'Reilly

Neo Member
I absolutely love the Tommy Jarvis mechanic. I'm not entirely sure of the details, but after dying within seconds of the game starting, I was bummed. Later, the game let me know that I was being summoned back in as Tommy Jarvis with a shotgun. That's a pretty slick way to keep spectators involved.
If they find a radio they can call in tommy. He will come as one of the people dead. If you are the only one dead then your picked if not it's RNG based.

If i understood it correctly, when you play in community (on ps4), everybody is on the same party chat so there is no point in proximity mic/talkie right ? This kind of kill a big part of the gameplay no ?

Just talked to my buddy trying to play the Xbox one version. He said he's been able to play 3 matches in the last 24 hours. Are the Xbox one servers that bad?

Milly79

People need to learn if you have the car running to fucking GO. Stop trying to be a hero and fill that shit up. Almost 100% of the time it winds up with a game of cat and mouse with Jason hitting it and then everyone ends up losing.

that_dude_guy

Neo Member
People need to learn if you have the car running to fucking GO. Stop trying to be a hero and fill that shit up. Almost 100% of the time it winds up with a game of cat and mouse with Jason hitting it and then everyone ends up losing.

Yeah, but some items can help. If anyone in the party has a pocket knife (basically a free Jason grab escape item), then they can exit, run up, stun him, and get back in to zoom around him.

PrinceKee

Just talked to my buddy trying to play the Xbox one version. He said he's been able to play 3 matches in the last 24 hours. Are the Xbox one servers that bad?

They are bad. The game is still without the day one patch and I guess is running a beta build. I've gotten in 1 game of trying for about 45 mins today before giving up and playing private matches with LFG...

groansey

Annoying that the $6 Savini Jason is no longer available as dlc, at least for KS backers. I was part of a group who backed on Kickstarter so it's not like we didn't support the game - but apparently this was a separate thing you had to pay for in the backerkit and now there's no option to d/l.

A friend and I were making are way to the boat to make our escape. He was putting in the propeller and her comes Tommy and shoots him with his shotgun. Then me and tommy escaped via the boat. It was quite hilarious.

First game managed to survive me and another guy. That was fun except nobody had mic and everbody seems to get trapped in their own traps for some reason.

ElRenoRaven

Just had my first perfect game as Jason. Killed every last one of them. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. God I'd play this game all the time if I could.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Really stupid when someone dies and then starts telling Jason where everyone is. Guess there's nothing they can really do to prevent that but it hurts the experience so much.

Majora

Are some (all?) of the perks broken? There's one which lets you start with a first aid spray supposedly, but I never do.

Annoying that the $6 Savini Jason is no longer available as dlc, at least for KS backers. I was part of a group who backed on Kickstarter so it's not like we didn't support the game - but apparently this was a separate thing you had to pay for in the backerkit and now there's no option to d/l.
There were levels that included it in the kickstarter too. I'm really disappointed I didn't look to sell before I redeemed. It's fun to have that skin but $200 on eBay is more fun.

three_muffins

Gold Member
Im stuck on Level 7 and no matter how much xp i earn, the progression bar does not move. I cant buy new perks either. I get stuck in the screen. This is not fun!

Majora

Im stuck on Level 7 and no matter how much xp i earn, the progression bar does not move. I cant buy new perks either. I get stuck in the screen. This is not fun!

Yeah buying perks is broken right now. Have to flat out restart the game to get out of it (on PS4).

This is early access in all but name really isn't it?

groansey

There were levels that included it in the kickstarter too. I'm really disappointed I didn't look to sell before I redeemed. It's fun to have that skin but $200 on eBay is more fun.

The devs are looking to ban people selling codes on ebay, and digital codes are against ebays rules. So no guarantee youd get $200.

HiiiLife

They need to fix the voice chat. I'm right next to people and can barely hear them. And I already adjusted my audio settings plenty.

The devs are looking to ban people selling codes on ebay, and digital codes are against ebays rules. So no guarantee youd get $200.
I was just going by the previously sold codes on there. I've got a physical copy of the game coming so it would have been hard to get banned.
I just can't believe they're selling for so much. I'll keep killing people with a trident since I have it.

norm9

I go about ten to fifteen minutes and my connection gets lost. Smh. Still a blast so far. I like the talkative jasons.

groansey

On the off-chance anyone has a spare Savini code they don't want to put on ebay for $200, I would genuinely be interested in purchasing it for use in the game.

drotahorror

Pretty fun when you get in a game where people are grouped up, they tell Jason where the teammates are, and then they good off until the timer runs out, making jason step in traps, shooting him etc, until the 20 minute timer runs out. Cool game.

This has happened more than once.

Drahcir

A friend and I were making are way to the boat to make our escape. He was putting in the propeller and her comes Tommy and shoots him with his shotgun. Then me and tommy escaped via the boat. It was quite hilarious.

I was about to make my first successful escape via the boat within the first 5 minutes. I got the propeller fixed and then went to get fuel in a nearby cabin. When I came running back to the boat, two goons, yes goons, were waiting by the boat and attacked me as soon as they saw I had the fuel. I figured they were in cahoots because they both tried to kill me. :( Knowing I wasn't going to survive this round now, I started to run away from the boat and they fucking kept chasing and attacking me. I basically just dodged them long enough for Jason to find us and he killed me first before he killed the other two fuckers. I cheered Jason on as he went after those two fucking goons and I laughed at their spoiled plan. It still ruined my enjoyment knowing people are going to gang up on you.

Carcetti

I'm getting pretty good at this surviving thing, getting 800-900 per match regularly but the game is just too glitchy. I haven't gotten any xp to move the xp bar for matches today (5-6 matches). Also, I'm only getting achievements I haven't really gotten, like playing all the different survivors.

Stalwart

This game already has a religious-like fanaticism on its subreddit, impossible to discuss balance or criticize the game without the majority freaking out at you. This game has a ton of problems that need fixing or it's going to die fast.

Top Bottom