• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

HiiiLife

"Soon".

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The shift grab needs a Nerf. The Jason's with extra shift respawn are stupidly op. A literal insta kill if you don't have a pocket knife. Just too powerful.

jviggy43

I have been shift grabbed a grand total of once in this game. The jason's without sprint who rely on it would be fucked if their primary ability was taken away from them. I think its fine as it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I have been shift grabbed a grand total of once in this game. The jason's without sprint who rely on it would be fucked if their primary ability was taken away from them. I think its fine as it.

aaaand that's you. There are people who have it down to 9/10 times from what I've seen. That's far too powerful especially when a few months down the road you're running into some really seasoned players who essentially have broken the game.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I feel like we're the only two people that don't have a problem with it.

Pilgrimzero

I most use non runnning Jason's and I suck at shift grab and still manage to kill most/all of the counselors.

Shift grab is not needed.

I'm beginning to wonder if anything actually works in this game now. So far today I shot the flare, got a distracted xp prompt and Jason just kept coming. Then I got the sweater, hit the prompt, heard mother talking to Jason and he kept moving the whole time. Then same game I go to throw firecrackers as he's coming at me. Hit square a good 4 or 5 times and nothing. I love the game but man it's frustrating.

Moofers

I honestly can't catch a sprinting counselor without using Shift + Grab when I am Jason. My playstyle doesn't provide enough traps to rely on those when I'm chasing somebody and my aim with throwing knives sucks and people usually zig-zag. So Shift + Grab is the best way for me to gain ground on somebody and try to get my hands on them.

I honestly don't have a problem with others using it either. I think its fine and the idea is to keep him occupied or stunned enough to make it hard for him to keep up with you. Having another counselor with you can make such a huge difference too. I don't know how many of you have a group you play with regularly, but I have two different groups I will hook up with on weekends and whoever plays Jason has a hard time because the counselors are strong when they are in a pack. It can be a real tough time for Jason under those conditions.

Now if you're just playing matchmaking where a ton of people don't use a mic, then yeah good luck running a train on Jason. You gotta change up your tactics a lot.

The one thing I DO have a bit of a problem with is how easy it is for Jason to kill counselors by throwing them through windows. I wish that kill wasn't in there because a lot of the time you can get tossed through those immediately before you've had any chance to fight for your life. Plus, they don't even make for visually impressive kills.

Tinman dX

Banned
I have zero issue with shift grab it's perfectly fine the way it is. The broken part is the insta kill Jason kills, choke etc...a perfectly healthy counselor that hasn't taken any damage should be able to escape Jason's grab, without a pocket knife.

Jason's grab almost needs to go into a mini game like repairing stuff. Jason has a relatively easier circle unless grip strength is his weakness, high composure counselors have even easier time. If Jason grabs a counselor that's bloodied and hurt gimping around no mini game, just button mash to hope to escape.

HiiiLife

Just get rid of mashing to escape because we all know it doesn't do shit.

Not even Jenny Meyers. Guarantee I can pull off an execution while she's tapping her life away.

SuperPac

I have zero issue with shift grab it's perfectly fine the way it is. The broken part is the insta kill Jason kills, choke etc...a perfectly healthy counselor that hasn't taken any damage should be able to escape Jason's grab, without a pocket knife.

Jason's grab almost needs to go into a mini game like repairing stuff. Jason has a relatively easier circle unless grip strength is his weakness, high composure counselors have even easier time. If Jason grabs a counselor that's bloodied and hurt gimping around no mini game, just button mash to hope to escape.

Maybe not a mini game, but some extra wait time. If you're a fully healthy counselor, Jason should have a longer wait until kills become available, then with successive grabs of the same counselor that time could be reduced. Oftentimes if I'm playing as Jason I'll just hit whatever kill is the first available so I'm sure to get it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does that and I'll admit that is definitely not fair to the player on the receiving end.

The one thing I DO have a bit of a problem with is how easy it is for Jason to kill counselors by throwing them through windows. I wish that kill wasn't in there because a lot of the time you can get tossed through those immediately before you've had any chance to fight for your life. Plus, they don't even make for visually impressive kills.
I think if a window is open it shouldn't work. The door finisher only works on an open door so the window throw should work the same way.

SuperPac

I like the idea of damaging the counselors to a limp before being able execute.

Problem then might be that a group of counselors could pretty easily get the upper hand on Jason without much threat. Like in situations where there are 4 in the car. Stopping them would be a lot more difficult.

jviggy43

Another game I get tonight. I spend the first 8 minutes with a jason chasing me, just me around the map while im still putting parts into the 4 door and ducking in and out of houses. I finally die. Look at the other counselors, and 3 arejust hiding under a bed. I message one guy asking him to try doing something like call tommy. He messages me back "I'm eating".

I can't even.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I've said that since pretty much day one. I also said you should be able to grab while they are trapped or in a car. People either hated it or didn't care.
You can o_O

And if you mean shouldn't, then, with all due respect of course, that's insanely stupid as the car would be an impenetrable safe haven where people would just sit in there and run down the clock.

Maximus P

Another game I get tonight. I spend the first 8 minutes with a jason chasing me, just me around the map while im still putting parts into the 4 door and ducking in and out of houses. I finally die. Look at the other counselors, and 3 arejust hiding under a bed. I message one guy asking him to try doing something like call tommy. He messages me back "I'm eating".

I can't even.

I experience something like this in 90% of my games. I gas the car, or start something else to help towards an escape. Jason insta-kills me with the shift grab followed by at least one person spending the next 10 minutes totally dormant under a bed or in a tent or something.

I know this is the asshole thing to do, but I've taken to waiting 5 minutes for life before PMing the Jason player their whereabouts.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

But this is the exact problem with shift grab. The grab kills are fine, but the shift grab makes it too easy to grab people.

ryan13ts

Just checking in to confirm no update for Xbox. Lol

I just flat out stopped playing because of this. By the time they bother to put out another update (IF they even bother), there's literally going to be no community on Xbox. People can only take dealing with crashes, glitches, and issues so much before they say screw it like I have.

iPaul93

I can't even.

This stuff happens to me every single game.What really annoys me are the people that don't use their mics.It's 2017,people.Use your microphones.

Holy shit. Just had a game as Jason. 4 of the counselors were in a party together and were pretty good getting the parts for the car very early in the game. Whenever I tried to stop them from putting he parts in one of them would melee me so the guy could finish. Eventually I was able to execute one of them while the other three started the car and drove off. I stopped them and then we proceeded to do the same melee fest as before. Didn't work this time though since I kept spinning the grabbed person toward the meleer and they would hit them instead of me.

I eventually killed all four of them and then they all quit the game. They all messaged me that I was a cheap Jason and called me homophobic slurs. Like, wut? I get being frustrated by Jason being OP but blame the game not the player. Jeez

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Holy shit. Just had a game as Jason. 4 of the counselors were in a party together and were pretty good getting the parts for the car very early in the game. Whenever I tried to stop them from putting he parts in one of them would melee me so the guy could finish. Eventually I was able to execute one of them while the other three started the car and drove off. I stopped them and then we proceeded to do the same melee fest as before. Didn't work this time though since I kept spinning the grabbed person toward the meleer and they would hit them instead of me.

I eventually killed all four of them and then they all quit the game. They all messaged me that I was a cheap Jason and called me homophobic slurs. Like, wut? I get being frustrated by Jason being OP but blame the game not the player. Jeez
Some kids can't handle losing and have to blame someone rather than owning up and admitting that they need to improve.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/friday-the-13th-dev-comments-on-upcoming-single-pl/1100-6451623/

Since its release, Friday the 13th has been beset by technical problems. In particular, a memory leak issue has been affecting the Xbox One version, which has been the development team's main focus. "Our primary concern has remained the persistent memory leak, which is an issue that has been most prevalent on Xbox One," Gun Media said in a statement to GameSpot. Fortunately, it appears the developers have finally gotten a handle on the issue. According to Gun, "This leak, as of most recent tests, is looking contained and we are very confident in a fix thanks to a tremendous effort from Illfonic and 3rd party support."

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/8556-xbox-one-update-status/&do=findComment&comment=106741

bitbydeath

I like the idea of damaging the counselors to a limp before being able execute.

Only if Jason gets a rage mode that he can call on to do it without needing to wound them.

So then Jason wouldn't become too weak, he's meant to be OP and the councillors need to feel like it is really difficult to survive otherwise the game would just fall apart... IMO

NastyBook

Having the worst time tonight getting matches on PS4. Either get connection errors, or half the players leave if a match does start. Just need one game so I can go to sleep.

Spman2099

Report them. We don't need them stinking up the game.

I just flat out stopped playing because of this. By the time they bother to put out another update (IF they even bother), there's literally going to be no community on Xbox. People can only take dealing with crashes, glitches, and issues so much before they say screw it like I have.
To be fair even with the PS4 update this game is still glitchy as ever. I shot Jason with flares, set fire crackers and everything and got the points but no stun effects. He just walked right threw both to murder me.

DryvBy

I most use non runnning Jason's and I suck at shift grab and still manage to kill most/all of the counselors.

Shift grab is not needed.

Can someone explain "shift grab"? I haven't had a game only last 5 minutes yet. Most are ~10 minutes. Most of the Jasons I run into suck and try to spawn right in behind me to grab me. Which never works.

HiiiLife

Can someone explain "shift grab"? I haven't had a game only last 5 minutes yet. Most are ~10 minutes. Most of the Jasons I run into suck and try to spawn right in behind me to grab me. Which never works.

It's what it sounds like. Shift until you're damn near touching the counselor then press grab (which takes you out shift)

They really need to apologize to Xbox players for this whole mess
And they should start by giving players on all platforms another 13,000 CP :D

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Think I'm reaching the end of the road with this game. Glitches and frustrating design decisions aside I had fun with it, but the content being so shallow is making it difficult to play more than 1 or 2 rounds at a time even with a large group of friends.

drotahorror

You can o_O

And if you mean shouldn't, then, with all due respect of course, that's insanely stupid as the car would be an impenetrable safe haven where people would just sit in there and run down the clock.

I should have clarified. I was talking situations where you can grab. Meaning, only in those 3 instances should a grab be possible. limping state, car/boat, and trap. I'm aware it was designed like that for 2 out of 3 of those.

I made a post on June 4th about this. Not like anyone gives a shit but this is what I said

A couple of changes that I have thought about...

For Jason to grab you, you should have to be in the crippled state. Or caught in a trap. Or driving a vehicle.

For traps, you can use weapon to pop a trap but also destroys the weapon.

To me, this would make the game much more fun to play against Jason.

I still stand by what I said, Jason being able to grab and kill someone from minute 1 is BS and should require a little bit of setup.

Top Bottom