• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frito-Lay Japan releasing Cream Stew flavored Cheetos for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
OQ1xsYl.jpg

http://inventorspot.com/articles/cheetos_cream_stew_corn_puffs_are_comfort_food_bag

Making cream stew with Cheetos? That's weird Making Cheetos flavored like cream stew, Japan's favorite wintertime comfort food? Still weird but in a crunchy, creamy, delicious kind of way!

Cream stew in Japan, these days anyway, is made much like beef stew, hashed beef or curry: from blocks of “mix” melted into a boiling pot of meat and vegetables. The result is usually better than one might expect, depending on the brand of stew mix and the quality of the meats and veggies used.

Now Frito-Lay Japan has captured the essence of hearty Japanese cream stew in their newest snack flavor, Cheetos Cream Stew. Even if you can't read the language, the bubbling pot of creamy yumminess on the bag acts as a workable translation.

According to Frito-Lay Japan, Cheetos Cream Stew corn puffs combine the sweetness of corn flavor with the classic creamy goodness of cream stew. Added bonus: a pleasing crunchy texture most stew-eaters won't experience otherwise unless they forget to de-bone the meat before cooking.

Frito-Lay Japan also invites snackers to enjoy the taste of Cheetos Cream Stew to the point where it becomes habit-forming. That's nice of them but also a bit cruel: Cheetos Cream Stew corn puffs are scheduled for official retail release on December 2nd of 2013 and are only to be sold until March 31st of 2014. Wise habitual snackers had best order mass quantities now to prevent withdrawal symptoms later.

AIEa5VY.jpg

I do this every time Frito-Lay releases something in japan...

but man, Japanese Doritos and Cheetos fucking SUCK!!!!! They taste burned, stale, and have none of the flavor that you have come to expect from the US counterparts.

I do this every time Frito-Lay releases something in japan...

but man, Japanese Doritos and Cheetos fucking SUCK!!!!! They taste burned, stale, and have none of the flavor that you have come to expect from the US counterparts.

They have 1000 different "corn potage" flavored stuff, but they don't have the nerve to sell Salsa Verde Doritos here.

I will say I hate whenever Pringles releases their Balsamic Vinaigrette flavor here because I know I'll buy them way too often.

Steelrain

"Frito-Lay Japan"

Yup, Japan. Always Japan. Why can't anything cool like this come to the U.S.?
These special flavors usually aren't very good. I swear Japan is like a testing ground for whatever batshit ideas some exec can come up with. I remember when they tried to sell Milk flavored Fanta. Shit was gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom