• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Fieri is at it again - new Vegas restaurant menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Banned
He went to Mike's Chili Parlor in Seattle, which has the most pedestrian, child-friendly, Dinty Moore excuse for a chili you ever ate (I like it, but it's pure overrated shit) and used his whole dicktionary to describe this bland soupy garbage.

I had a coworker take me to a place in Everett called "Bobby's Hawaiian" or something that he said he heard was good.. saw Guy's face plastered on the window as he'd apparently visited and suggested we not eat there but he insisted.

It was so awful. Ordered a pulled pork sandwich that they claim to slow-cook.. it was clearly quickly boiled pork meat, with no flavor, on a bun you'd expect to find in a bag with a big orange 99 cent sticker on the expired food rack at Safeway.

I enjoy watching his show though.. like a test of my ability to stomach his personality.. but he's hilariously funny in a not meant to be funny kind of way. His mannerisms and catch phrases.. my friends and I love to parody him.

20120918-guys-nachos-thumb-500xauto-272487.jpg

20120918-guys-wings.jpg

20120918-guys-mac-n-cheese-cheese.jpg

20120918-guys-fried-ice-cream2.jpg

20120918-guys-flavor-town.jpg

http://newyork.seriouseats.com/2012/09/we-try-guys-american-kitchen-and-bar.html

jman2050

it's fucking mayonnaise with a bit of stuff thrown in...

To be fair there's a lot of different sauces of different types the world over that fit that description. To be less fair that particular combo sounds like a Plain Jane Thousand Island without the ketchup.

Guy Fieri is an annoying dude and I instinctively recoil at every TV show he's on.

Wow at some of the outrage here. I don't like his show or personality but I harbor no actual hate for the man. He has a different target audience than Keller and Top Chef viewers. The average American is not going to spend $200 on a fixed menu dinner with a wine pairing.
But his target audience is willing to overpay for something they can get for cheaper at a Denny's? $17 burgers is a bit excessive. If I'm paying that much for a burger it better be exquisite.

Sashimi Won-Tacos $14
The Ultimate Asian Chicken Wraps $13
Guy-talian Fondue Dippers $13
Triple T Fries $14
The Guy-talian Deli Salad $16
The Mayor of Flavortown Burger $17

I rather spend $25 and go eat at Vegas' many gourmet all-you-can eat buffets. Or just sit and gamble for a couple hours and get my buffet comped for free.

see5harp

But his target audience is willing to overpay for something they can get for cheaper at a Denny's? $17 burgers is a bit excessive. If I'm paying that much for a burger it better be exquisite.

Like I said, I'd never set foot in there. His target audience watches his show and will probably pay more than what they'd normally pay at Chili's or TGI Fridays for the chance to see a wall with "flavortown" written on in. He's playing the same game that Wolfgang Puck and even respected guys like Rick Bayless play (with likely shittier food). If people actually go in there and pay for the food, laugh at them. This dude is just riding his frosted tips and shitty silk button up flame shirt to the bank.

I rather spend $25 and go eat at Vegas' many gourmet all-you-can eat buffets. Or just sit and gamble for a couple hours and get my buffet comped for free.

Yea I'd probably do the same. But most of the good buffets in Vegas actually cost like $40 at least.

big_z

The comedy button tshirt that has a dumpster on it that says "guy ate here" was fantastic.
It's a shame they don't have it anymore.

The way the guy is constantly picking at food to shove in his fat face hole and moaning simply disgusts me.

zugzug

so I don't get it this post clearly has a to be a viral marketer right? Directly being paid to post this or directly working for Guy.

he posts no comments simply the menu and big bright picture of Guy.

There is nothing to discuss cuz the OP did not open a topic to discuss he simply made the posting and then left it to us to argue about Guy good or bad. All this is doing is giving him the market awareness in our demographic argh.

Gaffers, you have let me down with how easily you jumped into this trap.

lenovox1

Boy, please. This was posted because of the reaction the last thread related to a Guy Fieri restaurant opening received. Ain't nobody here going to Vegas to eat at this place that wouldn't have before.

kick51

Banned
so I don't get it this post clearly has a to be a viral marketer right? Directly being paid to post this or directly working for Guy.

There is nothing to discuss cuz the OP did not open a topic to discuss he simply made the posting and then left it to us to argue about Guy good or bad. All this is doing is giving him the market awareness in our demographic argh.

you'll stop that talk unless you wanna end up wrapped up in a truffle infused meat blanket at the bottom of a chocolate luge floating in a puddle of your own creme fraiche

huxley00

Holy balls, GAF really hates this guy, yeesh. His show is ok, never had ate at one of his restaurants...not sure what he did to harbor such ill will.

Like I said, I'd never set foot in there. His target audience watches his show and will probably pay more than what they'd normally pay at Chili's or TGI Fridays for the chance to see a wall with "flavortown" written on in. He's playing the same game that Wolfgang Puck and even respected guys like Rick Bayless play (with likely shittier food). If people actually go in there and pay for the food, laugh at them. This dude is just riding his frosted tips and shitty silk button up flame shirt to the bank.

Yea I'd probably do the same. But most of the good buffets in Vegas actually cost like $40 at least.

To Wolfgang's credit, CUT is probably the best steakhouse on the strip.

And a night at Wicked Spoon is anywhere from $35/45 depending on the day of the week. That's well within the price range of someone who buys 3 courses at Fieri's shithole.

see5harp

To Wolfgang's credit, CUT is probably the best steakhouse on the strip.

And a night at Wicked Spoon is anywhere from $35/45 depending on the day of the week. That's well within the price range of someone who buys 3 courses at Fieri's shithole.

Well yea. Wolfgang Puck has restaurants in various ranges. Same with Rick Bayless in Chicago. I was more referring to the fact that Wolfgang puck, rick bayless, and a number of other well known chefs sell frozen and prepackaged foods with their faces on it. None of these guys are businessman, they are a business, man.

I like his shows, and his recipes are awesome from the ones I've tried. I'd go to one of his spots in a heartbeat if I were in the area. Such an identifiable character.

Sashimi Won-Tacos $14
The Ultimate Asian Chicken Wraps $13
Guy-talian Fondue Dippers $13
Triple T Fries $14
The Guy-talian Deli Salad $16
The Mayor of Flavortown Burger $17

When is the last time you went to Vegas? The good buffets are 40 to 50 bucks. Sure you can go to the Monte Carlo or Treasure Island and get their 25 buck buffets but you will definitely regret it. Much worse than what Fieri is selling.

The fuck is this post? With all that's been said on GAF about Guy Fieri, the context speaks for itself. This is merely the latest chapter in the saga that is terrible overpriced food attached to Guy Fieri's doucheface. I wanted to see if GAF thought the same. I in no way have ever supported a single thing this guy has ever done. Don't start throwing around accusations.

When is the last time you went to Vegas? The good buffets are 40 to 50 bucks. Sure you can go to the Monte Carlo or Treasure Island and get their 25 buck buffets but you will definitely regret it. Much worse than what Fieri is selling.

I don't know, while I've never eaten at Guy's, what on his menu is so special? Frys, burgers, salads, chicken wraps? Same thing with a $25 buffet except all you can eat. Hell I rather just go to In-n-Out if you really wanna know what I would choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom