• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frito-Lay repeating Lay's "Do Us A Flavor" contest, this time in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2013/07/news-lays-canada-new-do-us-a-flavor-potato-chips.html

Similar to the US earlier this year, Frito Lay is conducting the finalist voting stage of the Canadian Lay's "Do Us a Flavor" contest where fans suggest new flavors ideas for a chance for their ideas to become actual Lay's potato chip flavors.

While the US had 3 finalists (Cheesy Garlic Bread, Lay's Chicken & Waffles, and Sriracha) that were made into chip flavors, Canada has four (Why did we only get three?!) flavors currently available for a limited time: Creamy Garlic Caesar, Grilled Cheese & Ketchup, Maple Moose, and Perogy Platter. Don't you worry; Maple Moose is actually just maple flavor with no moose or moose flavor involved.

The Canadian finalists were chosen from over 600,000 flavor ideas and the people behind them will vie for $50,000 (Canadian) plus 1 percent of the flavor's sales (starting after finalists are chosen).

Voting can be done both online and by text and runs through October 16, 2013. The winning flavor will be announced in November. Full rules can be found at www.lays.ca/rules.

qGeLSzL.jpg

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
How is there no poutine flavor (or is there one already in Canada)? Also, who puts ketchup on their grilled cheese?

Wouldn't caesar just be a tangier sour cream and onion?

And ewwww to those other flavors, especially the moose flavored one.

I wonder if they'll try and run this promo in Japan with stuff like wasabi and bubble gum flavors...

stupid ass flavors. maple and perogy over something glorious like chicken and waffles and siracha shows where our country's priorities lie :(

Jarek23

Banned
When this contest started I thought of a couple flavors but didn't bother submitting because it was through Facebook which I don't have. Two of them were actually pretty or very similar.

One was Perogies, but not the kind you can get here in Canada in stores, they're awful. I'm talking home made Polish perogies, fried on a butter pan.

Another was similar to the maple one. But it was Breakfast sausage and maple syrup.

crpav

They brought back all 3 flavors in the US. I was at the grocery store the other day and saw them. Checked their facebook page and they just posted a picture saying they brought them back. As far as the 4 flavors in Canada, I would try all but the maple.

I really wanted Cheesy Garlic Bread in Canada.

Might try the Caesar and the Grilled Cheese.

I hate Perogies and maple.

badblue

Gold Member
Grilled cheese and Ketchup sounds awesome, and I will be looking for a bag when I go shopping later.

I found borscht flavour chip last time I was in an Asian market, and they were pretty good.

TheExodu5

Banned
l these flavors sound pretty awesome. The first 3 in particular.

I am pretty surprised at the lack of a poutine flavor, though. I mean, isn't that one a really obvious pick? I guess it's for the best, as it would have won hands down anyways.

So can I go pick these up at Loblaws right now?

The maple flavor sounds pretty good. I genuinely liked the Chicken & Waffles flavor from the US promotion, mostly because of the maple (although there was a bit of zest that really helped it).

Oh God the squirrel flavor is real

Why is this real

It just tasted of generic meat. I'm pretty sure it's along the lines of the Australian Kangaroo flavour they did at the time of the World Cup, with the flavour existing nowhere beyond the packaging.

Onion Bhaji and Hoi Sin Duck were amongst the best flavours I've ever tasted. They should have been permanent additions. Chilli and Chocolate tasted like the devil's armpit.

DJ_Lae

The perogy one confuses me as perogies don't really have all that distinct a flavour compared to potato chips - you've got the taste of the toppings and maybe the cheese in the filling but that's no different than a sour cream and onion chip with a tiny variation.

Nudull

Banned
I'm still sad that I never got to try the chicken and waffle chips. Nonetheless, I'd so try the grilled cheese ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom