• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Auto 2 Battlelines Thread

So who is picking this title up?

I think i'll pick it up as it should be pretty good with the whole twisted metal mode in there.

:D

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'll be picking this up this month, but not right away. Probably closer to xmas when I have a little more money (not really in a super rush to get this anyway). But I do plan on getting this. I hear the online is pretty good.

Oneself

It's supposed to be better in every way than the original and I was surprised by how much I liked the first one. Sure buy for me this week. Since there's no Twisted Metal for PS3, this is the way to go! (This makes me think of something, where's my next gen Vigilante 8 Luxoflux!? Screw True Crime, it sucks)

Triz

I bought it used today...Ill play it after this football game is over.

I didnt like the first on 360, So my opinion might be skewed.:lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I wonder if it actually runs at a decent framerate this time. Full Auto 1 wasn't awful, I suppose (though the core mechanics felt rather flimsy to me), but the framerate was really pretty terrible. :\

Triz

dark10x said:
I wonder if it actually runs at a decent framerate this time. Full Auto 1 wasn't awful, I suppose (though the core mechanics felt rather flimsy to me), but the framerate was really pretty terrible. :\

according to IGN's review, the framerate still gets choppy. Just not as often as the 360 version. But I have a tendency to not read to much into an IGN review.

Triz

I know why this thread hasnt picked up...

This game is garbage. Horrible framerate (chugged with 2 cars on the screen wtf?) worse controls than the 360 (maybe im biased but it was tough to do anything) Sega is DOOMED.

Its going back today.

dark10x

So the framerate is still poor? I suppose an "improvement" over Full Auto 1 could simply mean that it doesn't drop all the way to 10 fps at times...

What's with these guys? The game would likely have been so much more enjoyable if they managed to pull out a stable framerate.

Does the performance improve if you switch over to 480p mode? Full Auto 1 was nearly unplayable in 720p, but ran so much better in 480p (though looked much worse as a result).

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The main problem I had with the game on the 360 (strictly based on the demo) was that you had these big, chunky cars that didn't seem to have any contact with the road - they felt like they were floating, belying the visual representation of heft.

If they haven't fixed that in the PS3 update, then I'm not interested.

dark10x

kaching said:
The main problem I had with the game on the 360 (strictly based on the demo) was that you had these big, chunky cars that didn't seem to have any contact with the road - they felt like they were floating, belying the visual representation of heft.

If they haven't fixed that in the PS3 update, then I'm not interested.
Ah yes, that was a major complaint of mine as well. It felt as if the cars were simply pivoting on an axis or something. Terrible driving model.

dark10x said:
Ah yes, that was a major complaint of mine as well. It felt as if the cars were simply pivoting on an axis or something. Terrible driving model.

I played through a good 720 points of Full Auto I and I didn't mind the driving model, mainly because the game was less about steering and more about aiming. You're basically guiding a floating rocket launcher around corners.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
BenjaminBirdie said:
I played through a good 720 points of Full Auto I and I didn't mind the driving model, mainly because the game was less about steering and more about aiming. You're basically guiding a floating rocket launcher around corners.
Should have rendered the vehicles to look like floating rocket launchers then.

Kabouter

I played through Full Auto in 576i, never had any major framerate issues :).
Enjoyed the game too, prolly a 7/10 game :).

So what's the more worthwhile racing game, this or Ridge Racer 7? I had my issues with the 360 version, but I'm thinking this could be a fun multiplayer game nonetheless. The wife just got me Ridge Racer 7, but I'm thinking about exhanging it for this one.

TheDuce22

Banned
dark10x said:
Does the performance improve if you switch over to 480p mode? Full Auto 1 was nearly unplayable in 720p, but ran so much better in 480p (though looked much worse as a result).

Where do you get this shit? Unplayable? Give me a break.

dark10x

Kabouter said:
I played through Full Auto in 576i, never had any major framerate issues :).
Enjoyed the game too, prolly a 7/10 game :).
As I said, the game runs MUCH smoother in resolutions lower than 720p.

This game was completely off my radar until very recently. I love car combat, although done badly, it can really suck. Is this multiplatform? Have online modes? Across systems? (Not likely but desirable.)

Triz

This game was completely off my radar until very recently. I love car combat, although done badly, it can really suck. Is this multiplatform? Have online modes? Across systems? (Not likely but desirable.)

Its not multiplatform, yes 8 player online.

So what's the more worthwhile racing game, this or Ridge Racer 7? I had my issues with the 360 version, but I'm thinking this could be a fun multiplayer game nonetheless. The wife just got me Ridge Racer 7, but I'm thinking about exhanging it for this one.

After I took Full Auto out I played Ridge Racer for 2 hours. Different genres, but I prefer the Ridge Racer.

Oneself

AltogetherAndrews said:
Well, if you played and enjoyed RR on PSP, you can't go wrong with RR7.. IMO, it's the best RR ever. And Full Auto isn't exactly racing, it's a mix between Twisted Metal, Burnout and Auto Destruct (yup)... TheDuce22: you have to get your eyes checked, the only time FA ran at 60fps in 720p was in a 5 seconds part of a race where you entered a backalley full of tables and chairs.

Oneself

Got the game today. Looks better than the 360 version, controls much better as well and it's actually pretty smooth @ 720p. Quite a surprise.

But there's one huge, like, ****ing huge issue... it looks like the game stocks data on the HDD when you play and the sound skips as if the disc was scratched. I played for about 30-45 minutes and it still does it.. it's really, really lame. Another horrible unfinished piece of shit from Sega.

ram

antiloop said:
It scored a 6.5. I guess the improved version is worse.

hahaha - they continue their xbox360 vs ps3 bullshit comparsion? everyone says its way bette rthan the first one (not only the framerate, also featurewise and weapontuning...), but gamespot gives a lower score? :lol

Top Bottom