• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full cross-platform play now live in Rocket League (PS4, Xbox, Switch & PC)

Shin

Banned
With special thanks to all of our friends and colleagues at PlayStation, we are thrilled to announce that starting RIGHT NOW, Rocket League has entered the PlayStation Cross-Play Beta program! Players on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Steam can now randomly matchmake with or against each other in all Online match types (i.e. Casual, Competitive, and Extra Modes).

To make sure that Cross-Platform play is enabled (it is by default), head to the "Main Menu," select "Options" and then make sure the "Cross-Platform Play" box is checked in the "Gameplay" tab. And that's all there is to it. You are now ready to play against gamers on other platforms across the world!

ae475dd426714e9e7857b28f92009011d16ac98e.jpg

Source: Psyonix

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Man I hope the PS4 players kick the Xbox players ass!!

Fanboyism is about to reach an all time high.

sarcasm. Relax!

DryvBy

I need to be able to party up with my friends for this to be amazing. If I can't join my Xbros or Switchers, then this feature is just about filling servers.

Barnabot

That's great for Rocket League players but... c'mon Sony what ya doing with Warframe. Just let it go too.

Shin

Banned
Great news. How Come Sony suddently allow this?
Make enough noise, be obnoxious and talk to every site possible pointing fingers at Sony, be the biggest games.
We're getting there, but I still find that it's an act of playing the all mighty, they need to relax a little and not be such control freaks.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
WE DID IT!!!! Gamers are getting what we all eventually want. Next-gen this will probably be standard.

I thought Sony was against cross-play because reasons. AS in Sony believes everyone in the world should own a Playstation.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
When they get the party system worked out, I hope it's possible to send my PS4 beta item over to my PC account so I sell it for a bunch of free keys.

Players on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Steam can now randomly matchmake with or against each other in all Online match types (i.e. Casual, Competitive, and Extra Modes).

Randomly? You could have told people months ago that they were randomly matching against users on other platforms, and there would have been no way to notice.

People want to play with their friends who happen to own other consoles, not this crap.

Randomly? You could have told people months ago that they were randomly matching against users on other platforms, and there would have been no way to notice.

People want to play with their friends who happen to own other consoles, not this crap.

Considering how beligerant were people towards Sony for not allowing crossplay it looked like their lives were on the line because of this. Now it doesnt matter anymore. Shocking news, who could have imagined?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Picture perfect scenario, when you have cross-play it makes it more convenient to play with buds

FranXico

They have been working on their RL ID account system, which will allow people to add each other as friends and set up parties, regardless of platform. Just give them time.

Sparda

Banned
To most people don't change anything to play with an unknow xbox player or an unknow ps player. Just a good Pr from Ms .

Top Bottom