• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full DuckTales Cast Announced. David Tennant at Scrooge McDuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreIII

He is mentioned at the end of the video xD

I don't think he is a regular... just some cameos here and there like in the old cartoon

Actually, going by production art, Donald was featured more prominently, and Launchpad was only revealed as being back on board recently.

I'm perfectly fine with both Donald and his original "substitute" being regulars, as LP definitely became his own character and just made much less sense when he filled in Don's spot in the show's adaptations of original comic stories.

RPGCrazied

Another question, why isn't the old show on bluray yet? There are some out there on DVD, but its not even complete.

They should remaster the video and put out a complete set.

TimmiT

I don't think he is a regular... just some cameos here and there like in the old cartoon
He's probably not a regular character, but if he is he's likely going to be played by Tony Anselmo, his current voice actor. Disney keeps the fab 5 consistent.

edit: guh, beaten.

He's a part of all of the promotional art released so far, so it seems like he's a part of the main cast this time around. Also his design is now more similar to his design in the Carl Barks comics:
rmDVsgk.jpg

Cn0fMmLWgAAv3ol.jpg:orig

I'm really interested in how this turns out. Most I don't know well enough to know how this will turn out so I hope we get some voice samples soon.

ElNarez

Banned
It's the most inspired casting for an animated show since Steven Universe, and that had Nicki Minaj as Sugilite.

It's the most inspired casting for an animated show since Steven Universe, and that had Nicki Minaj as Sugilite.

Speaking of Steven Universe, I was wondering where I had heard Kate Micucci's voice before, and it turns out she's the voice of Sadie.

It's gonna be a weird disconnect hearing her voice come out of Webby's mouth.

jstripes

Banned
Actually, going by production art, Donald was featured more prominently, and Launchpad was only revealed as being back on board recently.

I'm perfectly fine with both Donald and his original "substitute" being regulars, as LP definitely became his own character and just made much less sense when he filled in Don's spot in the show's adaptations of original comic stories.

I wonder why they shuffled Donald out of '80s Duck Tales. I was surprised when I discovered he played such a prominent role in the original comics. My best guess is that he was still very culturally relevant at the time, and would have overshadowed the rest of the cast. That, or his voice actor was too expensive / didn't wanna commit to it.

I wonder why they shuffled Donald out of '80s Duck Tales. I was surprised when I discovered he played such a prominent role in the original comics. My best guess is that he was still very culturally relevant at the time, and would have overshadowed the rest of the cast. That, or his voice actor was too expensive / didn't wanna commit to it.

I assume it was to make Scrooge and the nephews the focus of the show. Donald would have been the only widely recognized character on the show at the time, but Ducktales is most definitely NOT The Donald Duck Show. Kids would have wondered why Donald wasn't the main character.

30 years later (jesus christ), Ducktales is a beloved classic and adding Donald back to the cast seems like a cool bonus rather than a "HEY EVERYONE IT'S DONALD" move.

Neoxon

David Tennant is actually brilliant casting as Scrooge McDuck. He's no Alan Young (god rest his soul), but I don't think any of us expected that.

post-S

I always thought Donald is suppose to be the main character of the show lol.
Probably because the Chinese name of DucktTales is literally "Don Duck Club"

jstripes

Banned
I assume it was to make Scrooge and the nephews the focus of the show. Donald would have been the only widely recognized character on the show at the time, but Ducktales is most definitely NOT The Donald Duck Show. Kids would have wondered why Donald wasn't the main character.

30 years later (jesus christ), Ducktales is a beloved classic and adding Donald back to the cast seems like a cool bonus rather than a "HEY EVERYONE IT'S DONALD" move.

Ya, I was gonna say that today the Duck Tales crew seems to be more well known than Donald himself thanks to that.

KingDirk

Guys if I made this happen I am sorry I didn't use my powers to did 2016.

(Also hell yeah to Benny Schwozz. Also also waiting for some racists to bitch about the Huey, Dewey, and Louie being all different races when they are cartoon ducks because again I didn't fix 2016)

Guys if I made this happen I am sorry I didn't use my powers to did 2016.

(Also hell yeah to Benny Schwozz. Also also waiting for some racists to bitch about the Huey, Dewey, and Louie being all different races when they are cartoon ducks because again I didn't fix 2016)

moar liek cucktales amirite

make duckburg great again

Tennant actually could work really well, didn't even think of that lol. Its gonna have a similar art style as the mickey mouse shorts so dont expect super detailed animation. It looks good for what it is though.

Not

Banned
I think it's interesting they're taking a page from the GF playbook and casting adults as all the kids

KingDirk

I think it's interesting they're taking a page from the GF playbook and casting adults as all the kids

I was thinking Bob's Burgers but GF is absolutely the more relevant reference. Over/under on us getting a cameo from Hirsch?

TimmiT

Tennant actually could work really well, didn't even think of that lol. Its gonna have a similar art style as the mickey mouse shorts so dont expect super detailed animation. It looks good for what it is though.

Not sure that I really agree with the Mickey Mouse comparison. This is what the Duck characters look like in the Mickey shorts:

TimmiT

Oh, whoops. Hopefully this has a higher budget. What will the episode length be?

Season 1 will consist of 21 half-hour episodes and two hour-long specials. I posted promotional art for the show earlier in the thread, which is likely more like what the show will look like.

Sheroking

Tennant finally got cast in something where he gets to use his real accent!

Never even considered that casting, but it's actually kind of perfect.

Season 1 will consist of 21 half-hour episodes and two hour-long specials. I posted promotional art for the show earlier in the thread, which is likely more like what the show will look like.

Okay since its half hour and probably will have much better animation now I'm hyped

With shows like these 11 minutes just isnt enough to tell a full story

KingDirk

Okay since its half hour and probably will have much better animation now I'm hyped

With shows like these 11 minutes just isnt enough to tell a full story

More often than not I agree but Steven Universe has used the format to considerable effect and I just wanted to make sure to rep my colors.

I'm surprised that David Tennant is Scrooge, but it's a great choice. Didn't Alan Young have an understudy that provided his voice in the new Mickey Mouse shorts?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That cast is phenomenal.

I'm surprised that David Tennant is Scrooge, but it's a great choice. Didn't Alan Young have an understudy that provided his voice in the new Mickey Mouse shorts?

It was John Kassir in the latest short. I have no idea if he was an understudy or some kind of quick "last minute replacement" for Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom