• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLGee

Just watched the first episode, and got floored by Jodie Sweetin and her dress.

jodie_zpsh5fhwfbt.png

Talk about Fuller House, have mercy!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't know what the reviews were talking about, this is way better than the original once you scrape the nostalgia off it. Is it a fantastic sitcom? Not really. It's slightly better than something you'd find on Disney Channel or Freeform (formerly ABC Family). They're definitely targeting the older fans, rather than trying to just get a new audience. This is on the opposite end of the spectrum compared to Girl Meets World.

First episode is definitely my least favorite after watching the first 7. It was just a constant barrage of references. Some people might like it, but it broke my cringe meter. But Episode 3 and Episode 7, I found funny. It isn't Arrested Development, but this gets a chuckle out of me when it isn't afraid to poke fun at itself. And The constant Olsen Twins jokes throughout the show are becoming savage.

FSLink

Banned
That volcano joke at the beginning of one of the episodes...lol

The plumber joke too. There's quite a few adult jokes.

2nd episode and it's actually good IMO. The original kids being adults and having adult problems but giving harmless and charming performances is great. I like the new kids too, and most of the humor works.

Lots of cringe and blatant nostalgia callbacks in the first episode, but still very fun. Also do they still do turkey art in schools? Being reminded of that was honestly the most nostalgic I've felt in years lol

Pluto

Holy shit.

Explicit sexual fluid joke six minutes out of episode 1.

Holy fuck they actually said that.
They're making a pretty blatant joke about the older son jerking off in episode 4. Tjat was my holy shit moment.

I also had to laugh when DJ and Stephanie talked about being children and Kimmy ended the story with "And then Michelle walked in and said 'You got it dude!'", Steph: "Wait, you weren't there" and Kimmy was like "Yeah, but she did that, didn't she?"

I also liked how DJ said she got her dance moves by watching Damcing with the Stars, the broke the fourth wall once in the first episode and there are several instances where they're poking holes in it, those moments are great. It's kind of a ridiculous show but they know it and embrace it and they are very self aware.

Davey Cakes

I do have SOME nostalgia for Full House. Used to casually watch it a decent bit back when I was a kid. Same with the likes of Family Matters and Step By Step.

Maybe I'll watch an episode of Fuller House just to see if I can stand it.

Cheebo

Banned
Wonder when they'll wheel in the corpses of the Beach Boys.

I mean they had Stamos's dumb little band within the first episode I assume it will happen at some point.

Am I the only one who found it really weird seeing Dave Coulier? Doing his whole Dave Coulier thing? It may be because I have seen Stamos and Sagat in other stuff since Full House...but it is almost unnerving seeing him do his whole shtick again because I dont think I have ever saw him in a single thing since Full House.

it's depressing that after 29 years uncle jessie and joey are still living in the same house. depressing.

EDIT: nevermind. i should have watched the rest of the scene ;P

Cheebo

Banned
I am just happy they acknowledged the fact how much more expensive it is to live in San Francisco in 2016 than it was in the 90's.

i like how they got twins for the the original dj tanner kid Tommy.

and are those the original nicky and alex? surprise they manage to get the original cast

and the stare at the screen when they mention michelle. it was so painfully awkward especially with original dj tanner lol.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I'm three minutes into the first episode and am finding it oddly charming. I feel like I'm ten years old and watching TGIF.

najehe

Banned
Tl;dr OP
You need to consider cutting your OTs down so Gaffers don't have to invest a half a second reading it.

TylerD

I'm really excited to start watching this with my girlfriend tonight. Stephanie looks really great. Stephanie was always my favorite <3

I'm glad Jodie got cleaned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom