• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 1 was all nostalgia nonstop. I found it charming and just okay.

Episode 2 was amazing. True sitcom that I love. Kimmie and Steph are amazing together. This duo is going to carry everything.

GG-Duo

Some of the comedy makes me cringe really hard, but the chemistry is still there. Most of the cast is great, and the central premise works. I like it.

e_i

Just done watching the first episode. It's clear that the cast loves doing this again. Also Max is pretty adorable. He's pretty awesome.

Aeana

I was feeling the cringe at the start, but even by the end of the first episode I'm starting to feel it. Looking forward to what's next.

First episode is cover your eyes cringe with all the nonstop references. But when it gets to everyone leaving and DJ breaking down it gets a lot better.

Second episode is an improvement

After just the first episode....ugh.

The highlight is Steve. The lowlight is almost everything else.

I'm to believe Stephanie is a world-famous DJ based on her playing one verse of a NKOTB song at a party? (And the choreographed dance! No!)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
After just the first episode....ugh.

The highlight is Steve. The lowlight is almost everything else.

I'm to believe Stephanie is a world-famous DJ based on her playing one verse of a NKOTB song at a party? (And the choreographed dance! No!)
You will not like the second episode.

And they're really trying to make Holy Chalupas a thing.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
You will not like the second episode.

And they're really trying to make Holy Chalupas a thing.

I noticed that too. I think that kid gets at least one of them an episode, or very close to it.

I'm enjoying how they spread out the OG cast cameos. The episode with Becky is definitely my favorite. Her being not only baby crazy again because of Tommy, but getting overly involved in everything because she misses the drama was hilarious.

I was never a huge fan of the original, but after the first episode it gets pretty good. I thought things felt a little forced there, but afterwards it was great. Was very impressed that all of the cast can still act well enough for nothing to feel awkward or like something is off.

wenis

6 episodes in and only the second episode I would actually call bad (well just the whole club storyline). The rest have been ok to good. So about on par with the original. The kids are pretty great, although Max and the Holy Chalupa thing are horrible. He's like a kid version of 'SNL' era Jimmy Fallon. Constantly near breaking with every line and hoping to get a movie deal off a catch phrase.

Oh shit, a Wrestling storyline. I might be all in now.

Calcium

Banned
I doubt I'll watch much of this, but I have enjoyed the first two episodes. Enjoyed in a so bad it is good kind of way, though. It's really leaning on that nostalgia pretty hard. I grew up watching the original so once the interest of seeing everyone older fades I'll probably drop it. The new kids aren't horrible, surprisingly. The subtle adult jokes are a shock too.

That Michelle joke in the pilot was actually really funny.

Edit: Hell of an OT, by the way. Perfection.

Ohwiseone

It's an adjustment to the fourth wall breaking stuff.

But holy shit, the shade at the Olson twins, that stare for like 20 seconds was amazing.

I'll admit a few jokes made me laugh.

apd_ng

Will I be able to watch this without prior knowledge of the prequel

Also same question to Wet Americans summer's sequel without seeing the movie?

Salsa

watched the first episode

... those are the most distracting tits i've ever seen

like seriously I find it real weird that they decided for jodie sweetin to be wearing that for the entire ep

icespide

Banned
Will I be able to watch this without prior knowledge of the prequel

Also same question to Wet Americans summer's sequel without seeing the movie?

I mean you could, but chances are you aren't going to enjoy the show at all without the nostalgia to back it up

Calcium

Banned
Macy Gray is the greatest actress of her generation.

like seriously I find it real weird that they decided for jodie sweetin to be wearing that for the entire ep

That's how you hook the 18-34 demographic. Just wait until the club scene where she dances. They know what they are doing.

Dai101

Banned
Just watched the first episode, and got floored by Jodie Sweetin and her dress.

jodie_zpsh5fhwfbt.png

Talk about Fuller House, have mercy!

Now i have to watch this ish.

Just watched the first episode, and got floored by Jodie Sweetin and her dress.

Talk about Fuller House, have mercy!

Oh Mylanta!

I'll probably watch this over the weekend since I have watched the show when I was younger so maybe I could like this. Maybe...

Just watched the first episode. Aside from a few cringey moments, I was surprised to find myself laughing at most of the humor. It's actually good. I think the reviews were way too harsh.

My opinion may change as I watch the rest of the episodes but so far so good.

wenis

Just watched the first episode. Aside from a few cringey moments, I was surprised to find myself laughing at most of the humor. It's actually good. I think the reviews were way too harsh.

My opinion may change as I watch the rest of the episodes but so far so good.

yea they were. most of them are thinking about this show on par with the rest of netflix's dramatic offerings and trying to draw comparisons on that level when it is a show completely on an island of its own. its really silly. the show is fine. It's full house to a T.

SilentRob

The first episode isn't really anything like the rest.

I...I just skipped through a few episodes.

Are they going to have an elaborate dance number coming out of nowhere in every single episode? o_O
EDIT: Clicked on another and now they are singing again. Yeaaaah. I think I'm out.

Steph has a weird jaw line. goes straight up.

and yeah, the first episode is a nostalgia fest, the rest are more classic sitcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom