• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Aiii

So not worth it
Well Bronson, you're entitled to your wrong opinion and all, and for you there's the regular Hulk Funko:
WWE_-_Hulk_Hogan-Funko-Pop_Vinyl-Funko-trampt-169379m.jpg

But obviously, this one is soooo much better:
clipboard01pbqlp.jpg

Someone doesn't say their prayers and eat their vitamins.

Where'd your AJ avatar disappear to?

Fell victim to Danganronpa 2, it'll be back sometime soon.

Some absolute nonsense + Danganronpa 2 is pretty kewl

Typical behavior from a rabblerouser like you, Aiii! You just hate all that is good and true, like Hulkamania! And Hula Hoops!

Though ya DR2 is probably awesome (I'm not gonna buy it for a while)

So apparently popvinyls.com is a thing? They post things like customs in addition to real POP news, but it seems like a useful site. They say Guardians of the Galaxy villain POPs are coming. I'll take a Nebula plz.

Also 6" Thanos, make it happen Funko.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man! EE is getting an exclusive ReAction invisible Invisible Man!

PMF2lGP.png

I'd much rather have an invisible Invisible Man POP! though.

My work Funko. Kept it all game themed

6D4041AB-8A9E-4F78-B964-EF11345DFB8D_zpsgnrb3ymu.jpg

My collection at home is:

Nightmare Before Christmas
Jack
Sally
Zero
Mayor
Santa Jack
Day of the dead Jack
Day of the dead Sally

TMNT:
Mikey
Leo
Raph
Donnie
Splinter
Shredder

GoT
The hound
Arya
Jon Snow

Ghostbusters
Hot topic Stay Puft
Stay Puft
Slimer
Peter
Egon
Ray

Guardians of the Galaxy
Star-Lord
Rocket
Groot
Gamora
Drax
Peter Quill (amazon exclusive)
Groot (loot crate)

Randoms
Deadpool
Master chief
Edward scissorhands
Jack sparrow

Love that I don't feel obligated to get them all like I do with other collections.

So I finally caved and got my first Funko vinyl figure while at the comic book shop earlier today. It's Chucky from Child's Play. Too cute not to get lol. What's funny is that on the back of the box where the copyrights are listed, there's a disclaimer that says

A note to parents: Child's Play 2 is rated R. Consult www.filmratings.com for further information

IMG20140908211613.jpg

I don't get it. The movies being rated R shouldn't effect if getting the figure is inapporpriate. It states on the front of the box "17+" and any reasonable person, regardless of being familiar with the material should know that buying a 10 year old a figure with a guy holding a bloody knife is a no-no. Still, just something I thought was funny. Gotta distract myself from the personal hell my wallet will go through soon.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

The picture for the GITD Baymax is up! Looks exactly like regular Baymax. Still can't tell if it's 3" like the listing says or 6" like the other Baymax figures.

Would be silly to have an exclusive smaller size.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, so the exclusive one I ordered looks exactly like one of the other ones I ordered.

But it GLOWS IN THE DARK.
And it has the potential to be a tiny 3" figure

Thinking back, have there ever been any cool Figma/Figuarts/etc variants that were GITD or translucent or something else really cool? Not counting alt colors like Black Zero or Araki JoJo colors.

Cheska

Got some more Funko's this week! The Mass Effect set is just too damn awesome. Anyone hesitating on Garrus should jump on it quick! He seems to be getting harder and harder to find.

Diablo is probably one of my favorites. I'd agree with Freeza that the non-human figures are probably the most well done of the bunch.

eLCv8MLl.jpg

QHELDKyl.jpg

6vjSmwTl.jpg

Was just at FYE and Barnes and Noble earlier killing time before a movie in Center City.

FYE still charges 10.99, Barnes and Noble still charges 8.95

B&N: Still Winning

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Was just at FYE and Barnes and Noble earlier killing time before a movie in Center City.

FYE still charges 10.99, Barnes and Noble still charges 8.95

B&N: Still Winning

Don't forget that B&N membership discount! MMMMMM. It's also a good way to save a couple bucks on some other figures.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm still stalling about ordering from US WWE shop, how much did it all set you back in the end?

Way too much, that's for sure. Credit Card says €35,23. I hate that most US shops have Duty and Taxes included in check out now, 9 times out of 10 those don't actually get added, it's just unnecessary extra costs.

But since this is apparently a WWE Exclusive, you don't have many other options if you want one.

Way too much, that's for sure. Credit Card says €35,23. I hate that most US shops have Duty and Taxes included in check out now, 9 times out of 10 those don't actually get added, it's just unnecessary extra costs.

But since this is apparently a WWE Exclusive, you don't have many other options if you want one.

Hmm, I'm hoping it shows up on eBay or WWE Euroshop. I'm sure I'll crack eventually....

Aiii

So not worth it
Hmm, I'm hoping it shows up on eBay or WWE Euroshop. I'm sure I'll crack eventually....

Euroshop is your best bet, but they are a bit flakey when it comes to getting stuff, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Ebay is terrible for Funko's though, they also all have the eBay duties and tax with shipping now, ugh.

Chorazin

Anyone have any of the Adventure Time figures? I want that Princess Bubblegum something fierce.

I have all of the first wave of them on my desk here at work, plus SDCC Zombie Jake. I think they're all pretty awesome. I haven't pulled the trigger on any from Wave 2 yet, although I really should.

Replicant

So I just got my heart broken GAF. How do I make it better? Well, by going to my local Kinokuniya and bought these 3, of course:

SqkaqbL.png

There's something rattling inside my Chucky. Should I be afraid?

Top Bottom