• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funniest/Weirdest/Awesomest Gaming Related Quotes Ever

Gomu Gomu

No rules. whether they are from the games themselves, game reviews, official statements, PR, website comments, gaf posts or any quote that is related to video games.

I'll start with some examples:

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Iwata: (Laughs).

2qsxw5h.jpg

GAME OVER YEEEEAAAAAAH

Release Date: "when it's done"

2mcvbph.jpg

"Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it, Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too." - Tim Schafer

do-a-barrel-roll.jpg

UR MR GAY
----

That's all I have right now. What have you got Gaf?

John

*monster rips off castle's front wall, ambles in*

[slowly, three minutes later] "What? How did a monster get in here?" - White Knight Chronicles main character

On second thought, most of this game's script could go in this thread.

Richter; Die monster, you don't belong in this world!
Dracula; It's was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called forth by humans who would pay me tribute.
Richter; Tribute!?! You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!
Dracula; Perhaps the same could be said of all religions...
Richter; Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a saviour such as you.
Dracula; What is a man but a little miserable pile of secrets? Enough talk, have at you!

"People can learn to live with no frills - you know, life goes on without Nintendo."
- Jan Kristiansen, founder of Recession Magazine, during early 1990s economic recession.

ronito

I don't remember the game or the quote exactly but it was something like:

"Boss Tim's dead but he wrote a message in his own blood."
"His own blood? Way to go Timmy!"

Splatt

Bootaaay said:
Dracula; It's was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called forth by humans who would pay me tribute.
Richter; Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a saviour such as you.
Dracula; What is a man but a little miserable pile of secrets? Enough talk, have at you!

Most awesome quote ever. The cheesy delivery made it even more awesome.

Metal gear ?????!!!!

DO A BARREL ROLL

HEY, LISTEN

EDIT:

Bootaaay said:

Bolded part is the translation of a quote of French author André Malraux.

Taurus

"Next gen starts when we say so."

"PS3 would sell five million even with no games."

"$599"

"for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to."

Taurus said:

"$599"

"for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to."
Expected the 4D quote. :lol

Link1110

Taurus said:

"$599"

"Genji 2 is about battles that actually took place in Japanese history, and here's a giant enemy crab. Hit its weak point for massive damage."

Taurus

Prophet Steve said:
Expected the 4D quote. :lol
"You can communicate to a new cybercity. Did you see the movie The Matrix? Same interface. Same concept. Starting from next year, you can jack into The Matrix!"

"I'll buy it at a high price!"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Snytbaggen said:
2hf18j6.jpg

Maybe not funniest/most awesome ever, but pretty recent and deserving of a small facepalm :lol

A: Cassamassina is in the hospital with shards of plastic embedded in his bathing suit area, so the answer is a qualified yes.
kobunheat

Salsa

Given that i was beaten to three headed monkey, ill say "How appropriate. You fight like a cow." The MI series wins this.

Another thing that really stuck with me is "WHAT ARE YOU BUUUYING?" "WHAT ARE YA SEELLING?" :lol

vireland

ronito said:
I don't remember the game or the quote exactly but it was something like:

"Boss Tim's dead but he wrote a message in his own blood."
"His own blood? Way to go Timmy!"

Pretty close. That was from Winback:

Winback Quotes

There are some REALLY AWESOMELY bad quotes from Raven Squad that should be up soon. That game is a delicious smorgasbord of bad writing and voice acting.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
All your bases are belong to us:lol

I got balls of steel <= Duke Nukem

Roooooooooooooooooooollliiiiiiiiiiiiiing Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart!! <== Daytona

This is Sho <== Burning rangers

Any Thing by Keith Apicary

Owensboro

God I wish someone had a video posted of all the hilarious dialouge moments in Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner. The most memorable to me being:

"You? You're just a kid! Why don't you go do your homework at home!"

IlludiumQ36

The quote: "Soon...'ish" or now, just "soonish"

Used by: Valve, Bungie, & Blizzard

Response to: "When is <insert game/update/DLC/episode> releasing?"

What it's not: Funny, weird, or awesome.

What it is: Infuriating

Why it's posted here: Seemed appropriate despite the misplaced context

ronito

vireland said:
Pretty close. That was from Winback:

Winback Quotes

There are some REALLY AWESOMELY bad quotes from Raven Squad that should be up soon. That game is a delicious smorgasbord of bad writing and voice acting.
that's it. Man, that was awesomely horrible.

WaltJay

"Meet my greatest creation ever....Marcellus!!!"
::Marcellus spawns::
::Marcellus dies in two hits::
-Weird sorcerer guy from Onimusha

heringer

"Everybody deals with grief a different way.

Some people fuck at funerals.

I cut off heads."

Something like that. :lol

Rapstah

"Nanomachines?!"

Yes, Snake, the second game was about them and you and the player both learned all there is to know about them in it.

Top Bottom