• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Refyref

Should it matter whether those people are or not though? You rarely see these works being judged just on their merits. They always need to be shoved into that box and there always seem to be some need to apologise for it, like Total Biscuit on his Dust runthrough.

That annoys me too, but...

The stigma is still around, but it has died down somewhat on the internet at large.
Sort of super low-brow insults now, and I've noticed people getting sick of it even if they're not furries themselves.

I think "Bronies" are the current trend/easy-target, but most people just shrug and don't give a shit.

YouTube is still YouTube though. =P

It's been getting better.

I've noticed this.

I personally attribute it to America and other countries becoming more, eh, lets say culturally libertarian. There's more of a, "hey, different strokes for different folks," attitude than there was, even five years ago.

Which is a wonderful step in the right direction for literally EVERYONE.
As long as you're not hurting anyone, and aren't doing anything illegal, then by all means do whatever it is you enjoy doing.

And someone will always be doing something far "weirder" anyways.

Basically, everything I wanted to say has been said here.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I could, but I can think of at least a dozen other more enjoyable things I could do with my time, like getting a root canal done.

In all seriousness, so long as people don't try to pass something off as, "their work," or they try to pass off another persons character as their preferred online identity, it's no big.

Basically, there's a right and wrong way to do these sorts of things.
Haha, hopefully I came off as not being entitely serious to begin with. I do agree, though, in that the primary problem is misattribution.

After all, using an avatar of fanart of an adaptation of a Naoko Takeuchi character here.

WolvenOne

Okay, I've noticed that quite a few fuzzy pictures have been posted here. Just wondering, what are GAF's general rules on such things? I have an unfinished Strype project on my drop-box I'd like to share via a URL (Not an embed,) but I don't really know how risque they're generally willing to go.

For context, we're talking a female character in a form fitting outfit. Nothing really showing, or even being suggested beyond the general shape of her body.

Nothing to worry about, or should I keep my shares limited to my most general audience friendly commissions?

It's probably all right to post as long as it isn't suggestive at all. There have been a ton of male bara pictures posted in these threads, and most of them were okay.

Chuck

Still without luck
Looks good to me!

Also beware dropbox links in threads. They'll turn off your public link ability for 3 days because of too much bandwidth. :(

WolvenOne

That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that.

It's actually supposed to be rather, cyberpunk-esque. That'll probably be more obvious when colors added though. Then, the whole, glowing plasma sword, and tiny impractical armor bits, motiff, will be a bit more readily visible. XD

WolvenOne

BTW, I know I was warned away from using drop-box links/embeds. Is there an alternative service that'd work better for my needs? I have no plans to share my whole gallery, but, eh, might share the occasional piece from time to time.

Or, just furry media that I stumbed upon somewhere, especially if its game related.

Gattuso

minus works as well.
It's actually supposed to be rather, cyberpunk-esque. That'll probably be more obvious when colors added though. Then, the whole, glowing plasma sword, and tiny impractical armor bits, motiff, will be a bit more readily visible. XD
I'm looking forward to seeing the completed image then.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Full pic of my avatar

panther9vufg.jpg

It's obviously cropped, because bulge. But for some odd reason he didn't mark it as adult. You can see it here (pixiv).

Gattuso

Its been a while since you last posted an image although I did show that one to everyone that was still in the chat the yesterday.

Gattuso

I'm thinking the first one since its bigger although chespin is being covered up a little more. And there's also a pixel left over in the top left corner if you can see it.

Gattuso

Actually most of them look great from what I've seen being on Dark GAF, even your current one looks perfectly fine.

True, but I've cropped ears before!

I think borderless transparent avatars look much better with cropping kept to a minimum. For example, in your current avatar, the way Chespin is cropped calls attention to the white space where the rest of his head and arms would be. It's essentially saying "HERE'S THE BORDER!" which, at least for me, is distracting because it breaks the illusion of the avatar being a "whole" image. (The cropping of the dude's torso does that too, but it bothers me less because it's a cleaner break, plus you obviously made the conscious decision to crop it there.)

ITT: perfect free gives way too much thought to internet forum avatars

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Where to crop depends on what exactly you're trying to show. Sometimes not getting the whole picture works when you fill the frame effectively.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Where to crop depends on what exactly you're trying to show. Sometimes not getting the whole picture works when you fill the frame effectively.
I think borderless transparent avatars look much better with cropping kept to a minimum. For example, in your current avatar, the way Chespin is cropped calls attention to the white space where the rest of his head and arms would be. It's essentially saying "HERE'S THE BORDER!" which, at least for me, is distracting because it breaks the illusion of the avatar being a "whole" image. (The cropping of the dude's torso does that too, but it bothers me less because it's a cleaner break, plus you obviously made the conscious decision to crop it there.)

ITT: perfect free gives way too much thought to internet forum avatars

It's Chespin who's generally being like that, I'm a bit more conscious on the actual image :p

Besides, I may (MAY, not sure) drop Chespin after XY release.

So did any of you go to Anthrocon?

I was going to go to Confuzzled (UK equivalent) but couldn't make it at the last minute (But I made up for it by going to a big fur meet in Manchester :p).

I plan on making it to next year's CF. It will be my first fur con.

I went to Anthrocon a couple years in a row back in college: 2002 and 2003 (or maybe 2001/2002, I forget). First time was kind of weird for unrelated reasons, but the second time I went with a cool group of people and had fun. I'd love to go again, but I never seem to remember that these things are happening until it's too late to make reservations etc.

The Manchester one was my first ever meet. I just hung around the edges of it because I'm quite shy lol. The suit walk was great though. Some great ones.

People have been moaning at me for years to go to a fur meet. So it felt good to finally go and face my fear of being social with furries. Even if I did just hide around (Which failed when someone recognised me from the net lol)

Confuzzled is a whole different beast though. Way bigger (900+). And quite a lot of people who usually attend that know me, so I think my shyness will be at 100% there. I'll probably just hide in my room for the whole week.

I'd love to go to Anthrocon. But it's a bit out of my reach. Maybe one day, if I ever win the lotto or rob a bank.

I'll be taking a camera to the next meet I go to. So I'll post pics of the best suits I spot (If people here don't mind. I'm not sure if you guys are okay with fursuits or not)

Gattuso

I've never been to one but it sounds like an interesting thing to go out and experience.
I don't mind and don't see anything wrong with dropping some fursuits in here.

Top Bottom